Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage (1038 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Buhari Escapes Delighted Mob After Eid Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by latino2swt(m): 5:51am On Nov 25, 2015
ALL Progressives Congress (APC) Senators yesterday shut down moves by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to summon President Muhammadu Buhari, who is also the Minister of Petroleum Resources, to appear before the Senate over the biting fuel scarcity.
In a motion sponsored by Senator Barau Jibrin (APC, Kano North) and co-sponsored by 23 others, the lawmakers expressed worries over the endless fuel scarcity and the hardship it has inflicted on Nigerians.
“We are worried that the scarcity is creating an untold hardship to our citizens who have to pay higher prices for these products especially petrol. We are convinced that the current situation is not in tune with the desire of the progressively-inclined government to bring”, he said.
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia South), urged the Senate to summon the President to tell law- makers why the government was yet to resolve the lingering fuel crisis, despite claims that the refineries were working.
Abaribe’s amendment to the motion was defeated when the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, put it up for a voice vote. APC Senators who were obviously more in number, drowned the voices of their PDP counterparts.
Meanwhile, the Senate has mandated its Committee on Petroleum Downstream to urgently examine all is- sues associated with the current scarcity of petroleum products and determine how the legislature could collaborate with the executive to bring a lasting solution that will prevent any future problem of fuel scarcity. The committee is expected to report back to the Senate as soon as possible.

sunnewsonline.com/new/fuel-scarcity-buhari-escapes-summons-senate-probes-shortage/
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by latino2swt(m): 5:51am On Nov 25, 2015
latino2swt:
ALL Progressives Congress (APC) Senators yesterday shut down moves by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to summon President Muhammadu Buhari, who is also the Minister of Petroleum Resources, to appear before the Senate over the biting fuel scarcity
Combining the task of being a president and a federal minister is not an easy task but since Baba said he is up to the task, I have no issues with that.
The issue is APC were busy druming Change into the ears of Nigerians, and I personally was ready for the change but why are they fighting against it now. I don't think its a big deal for our Hon. Minister of Petroleum to appear before the Senate and explain the situation at hand.

latino2swt:
We are convinced that the current situation is not in tune with the desire of the progressively-inclined government to bring
It's not in tune with the desire of bla bla
Then let Buhari appear before you guys and explain things now.
We did not vote in you guys to summon some and freed others.

latino2swt:
the motion was defeated when the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, put it up for a voice vote
Why won't he call for voice vote. He knew what would be the outcome even before that action.
This is what happens when you appear before equity with dirty and stained hands. This man hand dirty joor to be our leader in the legislature. Any move by him against Buhari will amount to CCT news coming around again.

Bottomline; lets shun all these parties stuff and support our only country. Forget APC or PDP, we know them well. Birds of the same feathers. Our country matters most now. And I believe with God, she will be great again.
Pray for your President.
With God(Allah) directing his steps nt those selfish parties elders, he will turn things around for our good.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by chris4gold(m): 5:52am On Nov 25, 2015
isokay
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by kodded(m): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2015

undecided undecided

it is so funny that the people shouting change during the election period are the same people that are rejecting the motion to bring the change
undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by latino2swt(m): 5:59am On Nov 25, 2015
Illustratively, in a match Chelsea is thralling by a lone goal and it's a must win match for them. Should Jose Mourinho decide to take out Hazard, Willian and Costa for Mikel, Rahman and Djilobodji. Isn't it still CHANGE?

Sure, we voted for Change but did we care to ask questions?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Firefire(m): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2015
If not the fake Change... undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by saintgoogle(m): 6:02am On Nov 25, 2015
cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by francizy(m): 6:02am On Nov 25, 2015
Hehehehehehe!

Good morning Nigerians, have you seen your change? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 25, 2015
uselesssss and clueless old man as president how can a man of 74 think right? too old .we need young and vibrant youth as president.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Firefire(m): 6:10am On Nov 25, 2015
kodded:

undecided undecided

it is so funny that the people shouting change during the election period are the same people that are rejecting the motion to bring the change
undecided undecided

I blame "PDP 16 Years" misrule for the fuel shortage across the country now, and for the inability of the 'Super Clueless' President cum Petroleum Minister to stabilize the world oil price, and for the quick expiration of his body language that was making the local refineries to work without his interference.

I blame the last administration for all the hardship caused Nigerians since May 29th 2015.

I also blame the immediate past administration for allowing protest in Lagos when the subsidy was about to be removed, btw: "What is Fuel Subsidy" ?

All the blames also goes to the past administrations corruption.

APC, party of career liars and professional propagandists.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 25, 2015
May God give our leads wisdom in this country to direct the affairs of government in forward gear and not in reverse gear mode and for the interest of the poor masses not for party nor individual interest.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by captainflash(m): 6:25am On Nov 25, 2015
This kind of change nah fake ooh...i dnt believe in such a change..

undecided

kodded:

undecided undecided
undecided undecided

Walahi undecided

how much change did u received?

5naira?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by 1shortblackboy: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2015
APC senators make una continue. Keep protecting urselves with ur numbers while the ordinary man queues for hours and buy petrol for 200 per litre while shouting sai Baba..... Hope ya'll feeling the change
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by kodded(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Firefire:

I blame "PDP 16 Years" misrule for the fuel shortage across the country now, and for the inability of the 'Super Clueless' President cum Petroleum Minister to stabilize the world oil price, and for the quick expiration of his body language that was making the local refineries to work without his interference.

I blame the last administration for all the hardship caused Nigerians since May 29th 2015.

I also blame the immediate past administration for allowing protest in Lagos when the subsidy was about to be removed, btw: "What is Fuel Subsidy" ?

All the blames also goes to the past administrations corruption.

APC, party of career liars and professional propagandists.

the situation will have been worse if that otuke drunkard was still in power

thank God we send him back to his village before he destroy this country completely

wailling wailers buhari remain your president till 2023 cheesy

sai baba cheesy grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by wizzprince(m): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2015
I dey find front page, bear with me please. I will comment Lata, no time to read now, let the hustle continue
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by khristals(m): 7:01am On Nov 25, 2015
isn't it obvious at this point that Buhari cannot tell his left from right?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2015
kodded:

the situation will have been worse if that otuke drunkard was still in power

thank God we send him back to his village before he destroy this country completely

wailling wailers buhari remain your president till 2023 cheesy

sai baba cheesy
who be this one sef? I don't blame u sha,its because you are still depending on your parents for food,shelter and clothing. You can never know how bad the country is now. Meanwhile mode need do something about all this under aged on this forum. This boy is a perfect example.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by kodded(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Cpiano:
who be this one sef? I don't blame u sha,its because you are still depending on your parents for food,shelter and clothing. You can never know how bad the country is now. Meanwhile mode need do something about all this under aged on this forum. This boy is a perfect example.
easy bro. am just mocking all those apc zombies

cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by ichidodo: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Small wonder he's known as Dullardeen,from that rustic village Daura ...An old dilapidated,brain-dead specimen who should find comfortable haven in an hospice or old people's home can never effect the change we all require....but Zombies from the Zoo will vehemently disagree before proceeding on a masturbation spree .
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2015
There are a lot of things this oga Bubu's administration is good at,
Shooting themselves in the foot among others.... grin

Gosh... they're pissing on Nigerians without the courtesy of calling it rain.

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Buhari Escapes Summons, Senate Probes Shortage by skup008(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2015
Na wah o

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Inspecting Roads Undr Construction In Rivers State / See What Late Sani Abacha & His Wife Maryam Used 2 Look Like At Younger Age(Pics / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Sincere Or Witch Hunt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.