Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws (894 Views)

Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? / Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? / When You Visit Your Inlaws After Lying To Them That You Are Born Again - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by meeraclemee: 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yorubas have an adage that says its acceptable to have a bad husband with good inlaws, but recently im beggining to fault that proverb. please which is actually prefarable...a good husband with bad inlaws or a bad husband with good inlaws. lets say you are to choose
Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by tpiadotcom: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
define inlaws, people use the term too loosely here.
Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Are you spending the rest of your life with your spouse or your inlaws

1 Like

Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Na Yoruba talk thier own. As for me it's the spouse that matter a. Even if d in-laws like u, would they force love into d heart of ur spouse?
And if they don't like u, who cares when u guys don't even settle within d country?

1 Like

Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by TooNoisy(f): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Some of those proverbs are for us to consider and use wisely. It does not mean you should take the literary interpretation.

All they are trying to say is that family background is very important when making the choice of whom to marry. It does not mean you should go marry a terrible person with great parents. Both the individual and family background are very important.

8 Likes

Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by tpiadotcom: 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
the choices are not limited to the two described by the op.

If you are married, you should know the capabilities of your relatives and how you allow that to affect your marriage depends on what value you place on it.

I doubt there's any perfect family and likewise is there any family which consists 100% of bad people.

what you might find are juju people, immature people, wicked people, ungodly people, etc who might constitute the majority but not all.

If you are not like that and these are your relatives, then you should take steps to not turn out that way.
Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by tpiadotcom: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
the problem with most folks though (especially Nigerians), is they listen to bad advisers and role models who do not like others to not be miserable.

And so the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by ahnie: 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hey tpia bae,ayam waiting for your usual* *make a wish xmas thread**stay blessed
tpiadotcom:
define inlaws, people use the term too loosely here.
Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by krystal101(f): 5:51am On Nov 26, 2015
We Nigerians, especially the women, we complain about in-laws too much forgetting someday soon you'll be one. Until you start seeing your in-laws as family, forget it. No one is perfect
Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by SAMBARRY: 6:03am On Nov 26, 2015
Hmnn
every other thing is right except the last paragraph so read with wisdom

Re: Your Spouse Versus Your Inlaws by dmcdad: 7:11am On Nov 26, 2015
enieme:
Na Yoruba talk thier own. As for me it's the spouse that matter a. Even if d in-laws like u, would they force love into d heart of ur spouse?
And if they don't like u, who cares when u guys don't even settle within d country?
I wonder oooooo.

Inlaws kor, outlaws ni. Did I pay dowry on any of them? Of course one would want to have a good family (spouse as well as in-laws), but if one were to go with one, there is no debate in that, the in-laws could go die in the ocean for all I care.cheesy

(1) (Reply)

This Woman Went To The Hospital For Kidney Stones And Returned Home With A Baby / What Is The Pride Of Guys? / Why? I've Jus Gottn Admissn Into Delta State University But I'm A Bit Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.