Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan (1182 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Wears Made In Aba Attire (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Fayose Replied For Calling Buhari His “Grandfather” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by archstyle(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Olusegun Obasanjo
Jonathan had written his estranged godfather,
seeking blessing for his next public engagement:
The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation. In the letter ,
Jonathan addressed the former president as
“Dear Baba” as he informed him that after his
handing-over of power to President Muhammadu
Buhari, he is proceeding on a “long deserved
break.”

Obasanjo has however replied him, advising him
(Jonathan) to use the new Foundation he is set
to establish to engage in soul-searching and in
reviewing his past actions. In the letter, dated
October 12, 2015, Obasanjo also advised
Jonathan to consider the Foundation as a
platform through which he can heal his
conscience and demonstrate penitence over his
past actions.
Obasanjo’s letter dated October 12, 2015,
Premium Times reports read:
Dear President Goodluck Jonathan,
“I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter
of September 22, 2015. I take this opportunity to
congratulate you on your successful handover to
the current President of Nigeria, H.E. President
Muhammadu Buhari.
“I am happy to note that you had a good rest and
time with your family during the break. I hope
you also had time to reflect and see what
lessons you have learned and what you can
bequeath to others.
“All of us who have had experience in our
service to the nation and to humanity must not
put it under the bushel.
“I have to commend you and your Foundation,
Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, for the faith you
continue to have in Nigeria.
“Maybe seeking how to be better and more
serviceable to the nation and humanity is also a
form of penitence and soul-searching to give
conscience a relief and to show remorse.
“I wish you well as you continue to forge ahead
with your activities in the coming months and
years. If there is any area you feel I can be of
help, you should not hesitate to call on me.

Yours Sincerely,
Olusegun Obasanjo

https://www.naij.com/648654-obasanjo-finally-replies-jonathans-letter-read-addressed-jonathan.html
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by blessedjosh(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
Penitence and remorse. Is obj remorseful and penitent?

1 Like

Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by palladin: 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Kk
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by bigeagleeye(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
blessedjosh:
Penitence and remorse. Is obj remorseful and penitent?
I think learning youths should simply learn from these communications than criticising the writers, analyse diplomatic terms, check the line by line loading without fighting! I love seeing leaders exchange papers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by Bigprozzie: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
“I am happy to note that you had a good rest and
time with your family during the break. I hope
you also had time to reflect and see what
lessons you have learned and what you can
bequeath to others.

“Maybe seeking how to be better and more
serviceable to the nation and humanity is also a
form of penitence and soul-searching to give
conscience a relief and to show remorse.
“I wish you well as you continue to forge ahead
with your activities in the coming months and
years. If there is any area you feel I can be of
help, you should not hesitate to call on me.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lalasticlala
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by HowAreYou(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
H
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by tobtap: 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
cool
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by tonytony208(m): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
bigeagleeye:

I think learning youths should simply learn from these communications than criticising the writers, analyse diplomatic terms, check the line by line loading without fighting! I love seeing leaders exchange papers!

Excuse us sir! There is nothing to learn from OBJ. He is a father of corruption. He is an enemy of democracy, a very selfish man. He actually wanted a third term and was ready to turn the country's constitution upside down to achieve his very selfish aim. Imagine that same obasanjo advising someone else. Was he or is he penitent about his evil, ungodly and selfish behaviours. Was he or is he remorseful? So, what are you trying to cover up here? Or did he pay you to do identity damage control? He that must come to equity must come with clean hands. OBJ's hands are very dirty. He has nothing useful to say. Let him remove the log in his own eyes, then he will see clearly to remove the speck in another person's eyes.

1 Like

Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by Okanokan(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Baba masaging his EGO!
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Obj, the unremorseful parrot of Ogun. Never sobered by anything, mysteriously deprived of the innate ability of pensiveness, an enlightened rascal.

1 Like

Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by deji68: 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Baba think say him be God ...Mtscheeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww grin grin grin
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by likila: 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
obj is just happpy the 1000 snipers do not exist.
Re: Former President Of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, Has Finally Replied Jonathan by wiseoneking: 12:40am On Nov 26, 2015
Hmnn, if Uncle wole sonyinka catches you advising Gej like that, war will break out tomorrow in the media. Do you agree with me that Sonyinka and Obj are the oldest men that quarrels like little boys?

(1) (Reply)

29-year-old Man Arrested With 870 ATM Cards In Kano / / I Never Called For Nnamdi Kanu’s Hanging – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.