Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam (27753 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / Court Acquits Orubebe Over N1.97bn Contract Scam / Reps Invite Amaechi Others Over Alleged N1trn Rail Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by kahal29: 4:42am On Nov 26, 2015
Mr. Miebi Bribena, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa State, has been reportedly arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over alleged contract scam at the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Bribena, said to be a major beneficiary of the PAP Amnesty, was arrested early on Wednesday by operatives of the anti-graft agency.

He was said to have be taken to the agency’s headquarters in Wuse in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, where he was quizzed for several hours.

He was still being detained at the EFCC office as of the time of this report.

It was learnt that Bribena was being interrogated over allegations that he absconded after collecting huge mobilisation fees from the Amnesty office without executing the contract for which he was paid.

Bribena was said to have collected about 95 per cent of the contract sum but that nothing was on the ground to justify the amount collected.

The Director, Media and Publicity, Sylva-Igiri Campaign Organisation, Chief Nathan Egba, while reacting to Bribena’s arrest, said he had not been fully briefed on the matter.

He, however, clarified that Bribena was not a spokesman for Sylva but a member of the APC.

“If the arrest is true, it means that Muhammadu Buhari is a President who does not shield anybody from corruption, irrespective of whether you are an APC member or not. However, I have not been fully briefed on the matter,” he said.

http://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-apc-chieftain-for-contract-scam/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by ionsman: 4:51am On Nov 26, 2015
They keep quizzing these thieves.....

Whilst we on here keep debating over these same thieves.

Let them be jailed or our money recovered.Tired of hearing this quiz matter.

Shedysworld:
Scammmers, that's what these Apc are.

The cry of a Pained wailer.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by judiciarypalava: 4:52am On Nov 26, 2015
Is he a Nigerian? I only know Amechi and Fashola as APC chieftains having petitions pending with EFCC.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by tos4u(m): 4:55am On Nov 26, 2015
Issokay Kwantinue: when our budget money for 2016 don complete let me know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Bugatie(m): 4:59am On Nov 26, 2015
Hope we hear more of this case

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Okpeyemi125: 5:02am On Nov 26, 2015
I pray so
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2015
You get to hear billions trillions and this people are still walking the street unharmed, Nigeria is a big ZOO, common wealth meant for everyone only few embezzeled them, Baboons and monkeys are still in the cage because Nigeria is no man's country. Where is the patriotism? Where is to be faithful loyal and honest in your anthem? In my country there's patriotism that's why all BIAFRANS don't need to be told what to do, in Biafra we don't need criminal code or penal code because we all know what's good and bad.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Okpeyemi125: 5:04am On Nov 26, 2015
Curuption av take av take over every
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by arsetalks(m): 5:16am On Nov 26, 2015
judiciarypalava:
Is he a Nigerian? I only know Amechi and Fashola as APC chieftains having petitions pending with EFCC.
I wonder why you people have so much disdain for the truth. You even find it difficult to praise when due.

If he was a PDP member, will you be saying this arrant rubbish? Will he be regarded as "unknown" by you if he was not a member of APC?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by arsetalks(m): 5:20am On Nov 26, 2015
studio14:
You get to hear billions trillions and this people are still walking the street unharmed, Nigeria is a big ZOO, common wealth meant for everyone only few embezzeled them, Baboons and monkeys are still in the cage because Nigeria is no man's country. Where is the patriotism? Where is to be faithful loyal and honest in your anthem? In my country there's patriotism that's why all BIAFRANS don't need to be told what to do, in Biafra we don't need criminal code or penal code because we all know what's good and bad.
This post of your is tainted with hypocrisy. Were you biafrauds not criticising Buhari for having a supposed military tendency even as a democrats?

Now you advocate he should be dictator just so you have another excuse? Typical. You lot must do all you can to give a dog a bad name in order to have an evil excuse to hang it.

Fear GOD, After GOD fear biafrauds.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by teeboila(m): 5:23am On Nov 26, 2015
End Time Chieftain (Proudly End Time Crew )

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by DickDastardly(m): 5:27am On Nov 26, 2015
ionsman:
They keep quizzing these thieves.....

Whilst we on here keep debating over these same thieves.

Let them be jailed or our money recovered.Tired of hearing this quiz matter.
Wailer exercise some patience will you

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Aufbauh(m): 5:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Mr. Miebi Bribena, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa State, has been reportedly arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over alleged contract scam at the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

“If the arrest is true, it means that Muhammadu Buhari is a President who does not shield anybody from corruption, irrespective of whether you are an APC member or not.” he said.

http://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-apc-chieftain-for-contract-scam/

Those embittered species will still come here and shout APC propaganda, change topic or resort to vain blabbing as usual.
When efcc arrest an APC member, it is propaganda but when they merely invite a PDP member the cry of selective justice and Witch hunting will rent the air.

24 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 26, 2015
arsetalks:
This post of your is tainted with hypocrisy. Were you biafrauds not criticising Buhari for having a supposed military tendency even as a democrats?

Now you advocate he should be dictator just so you have another excuse? Typical. You lot must do all you can to give a dog a bad name in order to have an evil excuse to hang it.

I love President Muhammadu Buhari very much in fact I hold him to high esteem. My problem with you guys is your failure to know that if you actually a citizen of your country you don't need to steal what belongs to you-patriotism. Because Nigeria is no mans country but only for the criminals, pls open your eyes and see that nothing works in your country because your big men are united in crime, only pmb cannot stop it therefore you stay under your bed and make noise about it it ends there, if it happen in Biafra everyone will be out on the street we are not cowards buddy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Demdem(m): 5:38am On Nov 26, 2015
But fools continue to insist that Efcc only hunts killer members and not APC members.

15 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by psucc(m): 5:48am On Nov 26, 2015
But I am seeing a different reason here o! It is a mere gimmick.

I bet anybody, that man must have been discovered to be working for PDP/Seriake for the DEC,5 election. That's the more reason why he got into trouble.

Who dare touch the gods and her saints?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by ionsman: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2015
DickDastardly:

Wailer exercise some patience will you

Wailer ke? Glance through my profile.
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by LastSurvivor: 6:04am On Nov 26, 2015
When will they invite Amechi and Sylver that already have pending petition

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by jomoh: 6:07am On Nov 26, 2015
PMB is delaying the prosecution of most of these corrupt people because of the heavy corruption in our Judiciary.

Where there is no justice there is no peace. Justice in Nigeria is up for sale. Our Judiciary is the biggest threat to this country's fight against corruption.

I hope Osinbajo is able to come up with a new court design that will fast track prosecution of corrupt officials without all the unnecessary and perpetual adjournments that stall the cases.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Goldencollins: 6:12am On Nov 26, 2015
I rushed and clicked thinking either of Amaechi or Fashola has been arrested by efcc,who is this man? This is a fabricated story.
APC....party of end time scammers

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Dannyset(m): 6:31am On Nov 26, 2015
I can categorically tell you that this wicked man was not APC member before now. After siphoning the contract money(cos am sure that would be during the last govt), he quickly joined APC thinking that he would be spared. No way!

God let him rot in jail for adding salt to the injury of the Niger Deltans.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by driand(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2015
OK, good one apc member right.... Chukwudi44 , Temitemi1 and Co how market? tongue

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by goodlifehyd(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2015
arsetalks:

And the funniest thing is the dude is from their end....lol

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by englishmart(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2015
mtscheew! This no be news na. It's just normal

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Firefire(m): 6:32am On Nov 26, 2015
judiciarypalava:
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Adaowerri111: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2015
This Ribena guy is in deep soup, btw ...why is PMB's name always associated with news about EFCC, is he the chairman? when a member of PDP is arrested; he is being a dictator and when it involves an APC member; he is being transparent, what does that have to do with MB?
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2015
Not just arresting him,hope he would be prosecuted.
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Firefire(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2015
jomoh:
PMB is delaying the prosecution of most of these corrupt people because of the heavy corruption in our Judiciary.

Where there is no justice there is no peace. Justice in Nigeria is up for sale. Our Judiciary is the biggest threat to this country's fight against corruption.

I hope Osinbajo is able to come up with a new court design that will fast track prosecution of corrupt officials without all the unnecessary and perpetual adjournments that stall the cases.

Eeee no fit.
Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by laurel03(m): 6:33am On Nov 26, 2015
All our politicians are the same... The diif between PDP and APC is just logo

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by Shedysworld(m): 6:34am On Nov 26, 2015
Scammmers, that's what these Apc are.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests APC Chieftain For Contract Scam by HungerBAD: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2015
This Government is working.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youths Attack Shitte Members In Kaduna After Friday Prayers (Photos) / Obasanjo Lacks Moral Right To Accuse Anyone Of Corruption – Fayose / Oseloka H. Obaze: Peter Obi Will No Longer Participate In Mixed Debates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.