Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:48 AM

Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. (11753 Views)

High Returns Service Business For You! / Nysc States And Likely Business For Coppers To Earn Money / Woow! See Creativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2015
The service year will come and go. Then what happens after that? Of course your next step will be to get a job. But from experience, not all ex-corpers are able to get a job, sometmes, many years after.

As someone with foresight, why not do something for yourself in advance to avoid the pitfall of unemployment or underemployment?

We've all got talents that can be harnessed to create empires that will serve us & others.

If you're creative- you enjoy & easily make things with your hands, you can polish & develop your talents into a thriving business.

It was during my years of unemployment at home after youth service that I discovered & started using my creative talents.

I want to use this thread to help you polish & use your creative talents to start a business of your own so you no longer need a job. I know however that it's not easy for many of us to do without a job. Our mindset is tuned becoming employees after school! But hopefully with time & learning, you'll imbibe the business man's mindset.

So, let's go.

I started with Bag making so I'll show us how to make some simple ones here. Not ankara bags o!
I hope you love & profit from these tutorials.
Enjoy.....

Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2015
Same old bla bla bla.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2015
This a simple utility bag that can be used personally or given out as souvenirs at events or company promotional gift.

I will show us how to make this bag. But you must be able to sew because it is all sewn up, no gums!

You can use any bag material of your choice like:

* Taffeta
* Satin
* Leather
* Net etc

You can make any size you like.

Materials

* Taffeta(Plain)
* Belt(For handles)
* Scissors
* Matching thread
* Sewing machine

Procedure

* Cut 2 rectangles(13"x15"wink from your bag material. 13" is the width, 15" is length. These two pieces are for the front & back of your bag.
* Cut another small rectangle for your bottom piece. This measurement depends on the size of your bag. For the size we are making, it will be 9"x4". 9" is width, 4" is length.

Sewing Your Bag

* Fold your front & back pieces into two lengthwise & draw lines to shape them into a singlet & cut out. See pictures below.
* Cut a piece of belt as long as the width of your front piece and stitch across the width of your front piece towards the upper part of it. This step is optional because it is just to decorate the front part of your bag. Cut another belt piece, shape it into a bow and sew in the middle of the belt you sewed across the width of your bag as decoration.
* Fold your belt over the "neck" portion of your singlet shape & sew to bind this portion first.
* Next, fold your belt over the "arm-hole" portion of your singlet bag & bind. On reaching the tip (where it meets with the neck), continue stitching your folded belt alone to form the slender(spaghetti) handle of the bag. When the handle is long enough, attach the folded belt to the second arm-hole side of the bag. Bind and finish off.
* Repeat this same step(3&4) to bind the back piece of the bag both at the neck & arm-hole sections.
* Bring the front & back pieces together, right sides facing & stitch together on the two sides.
* Pin the bottom piece to the body of the bag.
* Sew the bottom piece to the body of the bag.
* Turn right sides out and you're done!

1 Like

Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Donpizzle(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
gud job
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Donpizzle:
gud job
Thanks.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
I would like to know if you guys like the tutorial & would like to have more.
Also, posting pictures of your own bag following this tutorial will help us give you more. So, go ahead, sew your bags & post them here.
Waiting.........
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Here's our next tutorial........

Making A Dressed-Shaped Souvenir Bag

Materials

* Your desired bag material
* Sewing machine
* Scissors
* Tape rule
* Straight pins
* Belt for handles
* Machine oil(optional)

* Cut 2 pieces of belt of about 20" long.

* Cut 2 rectangles(front & back) of about 18"x12" from your bag material. 18" is width, 12" is length.

* Turn in 1" on the top edge of both front & back pieces & hem with your sewing machine, sewing in the belt handles in at once.

* Fold two inverted pleats each near the top edge on both front & back pieces at equal distances from the edge and pin.

* Make sure that the new width of your front & back pieces after folding in the inverted pleats is the same.

* Sew on your belt handle on top of the inverted pleats to hold down the pleats on both the front & back pieces.

* Remove the pins

* Make & sew a bow on to the front piece to decorate it.

* Bring both front & back pieces together, right sides facing & stitch together along the two sides with a seam allowance of half inch.

* Measure around the bottom of the bag with a rule tape & use this measurement to cut the bottom piece.

* Your measurement around the bottom of your bag should be around 34".

* Cut a rectangle of about 12"x 6" for your bottom piece.

* Pin the bottom piece to the body of the bag all around & adjust as necessary.

* Sew the bottom piece to the body of the bag & trim off excess materials.

* Turn right side out & you're done!

1 Like

Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
STAMPandSEAL:
good job!
Thanks.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by shepherd77: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
This is clearly ingenious. Good job op.

Visit this thread if you are in need of Dragnet, SHL, Workforce test questions & Answers.

https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Imahaps(f): 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2015
tnx op. nice work I have a mini industrial sewing machine but I have not been able to utilize it properly. I have great passion for craft work but no time to practice. am greatly inspired by your work
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 8:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Imahaps:
tnx op. nice work I have a mini industrial sewing machine but I have not been able to utilize it properly. I have great passion for craft work but no time to practice. am greatly inspired by your work
Thanks for your comment. I encourage you to find time to explore your talents & passion & put your industrial machine to good use. Some don't have what you do & are trying to buy a manual machine. Don't waste your precious resource.
You can use your weekends or any little spare time you have. Where there is a will, there'll be a way!
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
Happy weekend to you all.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
If you enjoy these free tutorials & would like to learn more, join our whatsapp group. Leave your number here or email us. Thanks & happy Sunday.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2015
FirstS2B:
If you enjoy these free tutorials & would like to learn more, join our whatsapp group. Leave your number here or email us. Thanks & happy Sunday.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Neduzze5(m): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2015
FirstS2B:

Drop your number here so that I can send you a request on whatsapp
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
Neduzze5:
Drop your number here so that I can send you a request on whatsapp
See profile
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
FirstS2B:
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2015
This thread is for legitimate business. Please disregard posts not related. Thanks.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
How To Make A Petal Pillow

Size: About 16" in diameter.
Materials: Scraps of printed cotton fabric(we used 8 different small floral print for petals and a solid colour in centre)
18" square cotton print for backing
Polyester fiberfill stuffing
1/2 yard 36" wide unbleached muslin for liner
Matching sewing thread.
Procedure
Enlarge patterns. Cut out, adding 1/2" seam allowance all around to both pieces. Following broken lines on petal pattern, cut a pattern for petal lining, adding 1/2" seam allowance. Cut two petals of each print if using 8 different prints, or cut 16 petals as desired. Cut a 5 3/4" diameter solid colour fabric circle for centre. From muslin cut 16 petal linings and one 5" diameter circle lining. From print cut backing piece.
Run a basting thread around a petal seam, drawing up thread until piece is same size as a lining piece. With wrong sides together stitch petal to lining, leaving 2" opening for stuffing. Stuff softly so that printed side puffs up and lining is flat. Stitch opening closed on all petals. Make 15 more petals and centre circle in same manner.
With right sides facing, stitch 2 petals together along adjacent long sides. Stitch 3rd petal to 2nd, then 4th to 3rd and so on until 16 petals are joined. Stitch remaining edge of 16th petal to the 1st to form ring. Stitch ring to centre circle. Trim seams.
With right sides facing, stitch backing to pillow front, leaving opening for turning. Turn and stuff. Blindstitch opening.

1 Like

Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
Unleash your creativity this year, start a new business by acquiring the necessary skills. Join us today by dropping your whatsapp number.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 9:50am On Jan 14, 2016
FirstS2B:
Unleash your creativity this year, start a new business by acquiring the necessary skills. Join us today by dropping your whatsapp number.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Join this train & start a sewing business this year.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 11:27am On Jan 22, 2016
FirstS2B:
Join this train & start a sewing business this year.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
If you've tried any of the free tutorials here, please post your photos and share with us!
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Thelmaace: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is indeed insightful, being that the current employment situation in our country is horrible!! I indeed feel that most corpers and even undergrads should be introduced into the system of DIY (do it yourself) methods, that in turn will widen their creative thinking.. Most Nigerian youths ain't even thinkers!
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by Gbengadavid10(m): 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
making money online is another creative way. Corp members and Nigeria youths must wake up to the reality of our day.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Thelmaace:
This is indeed insightful, being that the current employment situation in our country is horrible!! I indeed feel that most corpers and even undergrads should be introduced into the system of DIY (do it yourself) methods, that in turn will widen their creative thinking.. Most Nigerian youths ain't even thinkers!
Thank you.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 12:32pm On Feb 29, 2016
You coud learn to make creative, designer pillows & set a business manufacturing & selling them to clients who've got special taste for unique things.
Re: Creativity Business For Creative Corpers. by FirstS2B(f): 12:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
Set up a business producing and selling these after you've acquired the skill you need........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Pays N1m Insurance Compensation To Late Channels TV Reporter, Two Others / What If You Have The Opportunity Obasanjo And Awolowo Had?? / How To Revalidate Your Registration For NYSC 2016 BATCH A Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.