Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (967 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Chris Oyakhilome At His Residence (Photos) / I’m Ready To Go To Jail – Saraki / South Africa Threatens ICC Withdrawal Over Al-bashir Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by ABACITYBLOG: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2015
The South African government has threatened a jail term for Chris Oyakhilome if his church, Christ Embassy, fails to release its financial records.

According to South African base News24 the Commission for the Promotion and Protection of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities said several religious leaders in the country could be jailed if they fail to comply with the demands of the commission.

The commission said it was investigating the commercialization of religion and abuse of people’s beliefs and had summoned several churches to appear before it with their ordination certificate, registration certificate, bank statements, and annual financial statements from 2012...........

READ MORE==>>http://abacityblog.com/2015/11/south-africa-threatens-to-jail-pastor-chris-oyakhilome/
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by eluquenson(m): 11:57am On Nov 26, 2015
If truly according to the law of their land, no contest.
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Magician1503(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2015
Aha?
This is getting serious o embarassed
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Laitesmart(m): 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
How would u do that? U mean u wanna jail the most handsome pastor in naija? #fingersCrossed
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by mccoy47(m): 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
y do I smell retaliation for the mtn fine?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by knightsTempler: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
mccoy47:
y do I smell retaliation for the mtn fine?

Exactly my thought
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by alpha75(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
If that is the case,South African government is very silly!
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by abitex577(m): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
It is a simple matter, as Christians we should obey the laws of the land, be transparent and open our books for to show we are doing what the laws say and if they are found wanting they can go ahead and jail anybody whether a church affiliated to a Nigerian or any other national as the case maybe.
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by bugzbunny: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
alpha75:
If that is the case,South African government is very silly!
On the contrary.... You are the silly one
One should always obey d laws of the land where he finds himself.... For a church to make public its financial records is easy unless its a messy business enterprise
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Blackfire(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
Now that is a real shi.t there.... Yes there.

I said it 3years ago that ,pastors with there unholy life will create monsters that will attack the church.

They are creating atheist, turning innocent souls to hell fire candidates,devouring the sheeps that is running away from the lion.

... Am i making sense?
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by alpha75(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

On the contrary.... You are the silly one
One should always obey d laws of the land where he finds himself.... For a church to make public its financial records is easy unless its a messy business enterprise
. Am sorry sir, I don't have your time pls!
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by aregal: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2015
Misleading title. Since when has the South African government the authority to imprison people. That authority lies with the courts of law.
Re: South Africa Threatens To Jail Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by zimoni(f): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2015
Good.

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki, Others Will Abscond If Granted Bail - EFCC / Buhari, The Baboon And The Dog Soaked In Blood / Mugabe Defies ’death Prophets’ By Living Into 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.