Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics (2396 Views)

Amina Yahaya-Bello: "I Was Told To Kill My Son With Cerebral Palsy" / Why Did The Independence Dove Refuse To Fly? (pics) / Danger For Nigeria As Buhari Independent Bird Refused To Fly-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by Mztarstrechy(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
An Ethopian man by the name Asmelash Zeferu has built his own plane after he was told he couldn’t be a pilot because he was too short. Asmelash revealed to CNN he did not want to let being too short stop him from flying a plane, so this weekend, the 35-year-old, plans to take his handcrafted K-570 light aeroplane to the air near the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa and marry his fiancé Seble Bekele when he lands.

Asmelash who has never flown before hopes the attempt will be more successful than five months ago when a broken propeller thwarted his dream. He learnt every aspect for aircraft manufacture from youtube videos and tutorials. 15 years ago when he tried to enrol at the Dire Dawa branch of the Ethiopian Airlines Aviation Academy,he was rejected, because at 1m 70cm (5ft 7ins) he was 1cm too short.

He told CNN

‘I decided to build my own aircraft if I couldn't be a pilot.Then I'd be able to fly high the sky'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
cool
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by baby124: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
So in Ethiopia they don't have Air Plane seats that can adjust forward. I hope his calculations are correct so he doesn't go and kill himself. Impressive effort all the same.

3 Likes

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by IGBOSON1: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Commendable effort, though i wouldn't be caught dead in it!

Looks like a WW1 bomber! shocked

1 Like

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by Vivalavida99(f): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nice one!

How i wish African govt can support it's people.

1 Like

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by francizy(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nice. Wish he could make it a convertible plane, for the short and the tall.

Might basically be a new idea.. wink

Where is Lalasticlala? I know this is not Tonto Dikeh's breàsts but it sure desearves a place on the front page. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by Otenzy(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lemme help lasisi69. End time plane
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by finalboss(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
hmm..end time airplane
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by lasisi69(f): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
Very good... Keep it up...

1 Like

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by tafabaloo(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
The difference is clear! A good and commendable start.

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by eyeview: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
My line of thoughts as I read this were as follows:
1,He hope to propose to his girlfriend when he successfully takes off and lands succesfully? The girl better not think she's getting married soon.
2,So if I pay this guy off and collect this plane,I'll join the list of private jet owners like jagaban,otedola,dangote. We'll now be friends.

3 Likes

Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by uniknet: 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Definition of determination...
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
OK
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by CrazyScientist: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Signs Of The Rapture... shocked

YouTube videos abi?? grin grin grin
Re: African Man Builds Own Plane 4rm Scratch Becos He Was Told He’s Short 2 Fly(pics by iamrealdeji(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
I like this guy

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Militants Continue Bombing In Delta / BIAFRA: Okowa’s Aide Commends Members Of IPOB Over Peaceful Protest In Delta. / Nigeria Joins Islamic Collation Against Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.