Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Buhari's Impeachable Offence! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Impeachable Offence! (2460 Views)

Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / Buhari’s impeachable offence- 2016 Budget / Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 14, 2016
The logic is not clear to the likes of me. Well, there is clearly nothing much else to say than that this budget as presented by the Buhari government is what we would call an “egunje budget.” It is budget for the boys. It is procurement budget rather than production budget. It shows no promise; no change from the past[b]. It in fact makes the immediate past of President Jonathan more and more photogenic. For a president who has made a fetish of anti-corruption, this budget scandal puts president Buhari in a pickle.[/b]

The president is fast losing the only thing he came into office with: moral authority. Some of his critics are already saying, it may not be too long now, and Nigerians may yet finally see that Buhari is all wind and straw, and does have feet of clay. If the president is to regain the fast-sliding confidence of Nigerians and his international friends and supporters, he needs to make quick and bolder moves to stir the economy, and demonstrate that he has a full-rein of his government. The president must produce results – quick, precise and clean.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/buharis-egunje-budget/

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2016
Buhari's moral authority is the greatest myth told in Nigerian politics. The man is as corrupt as OBJ or IBB if not worse. Buhari only perfected the art of using proxies to do his dirty deals. Buhari is a thief!

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by JaredNomak: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2016
PMD is a Criminal, and if he doesn't change his criminal ways he'll soon be lynched by angry Hausa youths here in the North.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by tuniski: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2016
krendo:
Buhari's moral authority is the greatest myth told in Nigerian politics. The man is as corrupt as OBJ or IBB if not worse. Buhari only perfected the art of using proxies to do his dirty deals. Buhari is a thief!
A coupist has no moral right. He was repackaged and sold to nigerians and now we have the real deal.
One scandal to another this Early is a bad omen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 10:24am On Feb 14, 2016
JaredNomak:
PMD is a Criminal, and if he doesn't change his criminal ways he'll soon be lynched by angry Hausa youths here in the North.
Give us an insight
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Luckylife(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
What baffles me the most is that some claimed educated sycophants can't stand by true democracy and tell him where he is wrong and failed because he is buhari or they are afraid or not man enough. they shamefully hid there sorry lives between their legs not minding how backwards Nigeria are speeding. Characteristics of zombies

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Buhari cannot be corrupt because thieves and their cohorts say so. I did expect corruption to fight back and I'm not disappointed. The people who stole this country dry have enough money to hire cheerleaders to do their bidding; including those hiding under pseudonyms on Nairaland. Nobody has ever come out to mention any specific evidence to advance the argument on Buhari's corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 10:33am On Feb 14, 2016
kITATITA:
Buhari cannot be corrupt because thieves and their cohorts say so. I did expect corruption to fight back and I'm not disappointed. The people who stole this country dry have enough money to hire cheerleaders to do their bidding; including those hiding under pseudonyms on Nairaland. Nobody has ever come out to mention any specific evidence to advance the argument on Buhari's corruption.
Corruption is when you refuse to play your role as President..... Refuse to appoint ministers in time.... Can't even handle a basic task like budget which is the national operations manual for the country in a year! That my friend is a bigger case of corruption.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Corruption is when you refuse to play your role as President..... Refuse to appoint ministers in time.... Can't even handle a basic task like budget which is the national operations manual for the country in a year! That my friend is a bigger case of corruption.
Not surprised, you are among those who say that stealing is not corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
kITATITA:

Not surprised, you are among those who say that stealing is not corruption.
Quote where my humble self said that.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2016
kITATITA:

Your President stood in front of NASS and presented a budget which includes paying rent in the state house and you are still asking for evidence of corruption?

this man in the 80s had money traced to midlands bank, in recent past this man lied on his own INEC form of possessing an unexistent waec certificate and you say the man is not corrupt? Buhari is a thief!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Gracito(f): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
D
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 10:54am On Feb 14, 2016
krendo:

Your President stood in front of NASS and presented a budget which includes paying rent in the state house and you are still asking for evidence of corruption?

this man in the 80s had money traced to midlands bank, in recent past this man lied on his own INEC form of possessing an unexistent waec certificate and you say the man is not corrupt? Buhari is a thief!
Incontrovertible facts

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Flexherbal(m): 10:58am On Feb 14, 2016
Buhari is trying. He needs good and intelligent people to work with.
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2016
kITATITA:

You're the only reasonable person on this thread with his head properly installed on his neck. Well, I won't say others do not also have their heads on their neck but, obviously, they are inversely (turned upside down) placed which explains the garbage they spewed up there. grin

Now, we have never had any President that tackled corruption & trying to clean up the mess left behind by the clueless government of Ebele like PMB is doing, yes he has his shortcomings but majority of Nigerians are happy with the way he's running the government.

They're blaming PMB for our failing currency but they cannot engage their decrepit brain to know that if Ebele Jonathan had not dip his leprous fingers into our foreign reserves, lavishing it on party loyalists & frivolities, we wouldn't have been where we are.

We are suffering now because of the wasteful spending & corruption of the previous administration of the Ebele Jonathan coupled with the saboteurs that are bent on crippling the economy due to the anti-corruption campaign of the current government.

PMB maybe slow, no doubt but slow & steady, wins the race.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by talktimi(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2016
I won't support impeachment, he must complete his tenure if for nothing else at least for the peace of this nation. Unfortunately his lackeys divided this country along ethnic and partisan lines (I dare say religious also) so he should stay there let peace reign but he should also start using his head properly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

You're the only reasonable person on this thread with his head properly installed on his neck. Well, I won't say others do not also have their heads on their neck but, obviously, they are inversely (turned upside down) placed which explains the garbage they spewed up there. grin

Now, we have never had any President that tackled corruption & trying to clean up the mess left behind by the clueless government of Ebele like PMB is doing, yes he has his shortcomings but majority of Nigerians are happy with the way he's running the government.

They're blaming PMB for our failing currency but they cannot engage their decrepit brain to know that if Ebele Jonathan had not dip his leprous fingers into our foreign reserves, lavishing it on party loyalists & frivolities, we wouldn't have been where we are.

We are suffering now because of the wasteful spending & corruption of the previous administration of the Ebele Jonathan coupled with the saboteurs that are bent on crippling the economy due to the anti-corruption campaign of the current government.

Arrant nonsense.... GEJ is not responsible for your inability to appoint ministers or even have an economic team or the fact you can't put up a sane budget or the fact that you are spending 150 billion Naira exploring for oil in the Chad basin in times like this..... Haba use your brain ke!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2016
Flexherbal:
Buhari is trying. He needs good and intelligent people to work with.
Yes he has one who drilled two boreholes half a million dollars apiece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by doctokwus: 11:28am On Feb 14, 2016
On this budget issue,majority have faulted Buhari and so should it be.
As I continue saying,bliv in PMB does not mean blind sycophancy to him. He has no excuse and indeed should act by firing all those concerned, including ministers.
I read where d presidency said its because the ministers had no time to study d budget,bunkum!
Bunkum because the same presidency regaled us of how ministers and their directors concerned where working 24hrs in November to give us a good document.
For just a 1800 page document to be scrutinized by conservatively 4 ministers with retinue of directors and aides and still give us this fraud is is inexcusable.
The silver lining that PMB has to use to carry out a massive rooting out is that it's a known fact that this same thing has been going on for years.Infact it's believed that the 2016 budget is a recycled 2015 one which itself must have been recycled from 2014 and so on.What changed is that there was no Ghana must go to be shared and thus detailed scrutiny is being thoroughly done by the assembly, perhaps for d first time.
The PMB govt has said,as it is true that those being prosecuted for corruption can't have excuse of victimization,that d question is,did they commit the offence?
So the opposition here is also correct to push the argument, that the govt cannot claim its got integrity when before the whole world the 2016 budget has proved otherwise.U cannot deny them that narrative and ego tripping.
PMB should therefore act fast and swiftly with the knive on culprits because on this,honestly the govt has come out to look very bad.
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
doctokwus:
On this budget issue,majority have faulted Buhari and so should it be.
As I continue saying,bliv in PMB does not mean blind sycophancy to him. He has no excuse and indeed should act by firing all those concerned, including ministers.
I read where d presidency said its because the ministers had no time to study d budget, bunkum!
Bukum because the same presidency regaled us of how ministers and their directors concerned where working 24hrs in November to give us a good document.
For just a 1800 page document to be scrutinized by conservatively 4 ministers with retinue of directors and aides and still give us this fraud is is inexcusable.
The silver lining that PMB has to use to carry out a massive rooting out is that it's a known fact that this same thing has been going on for years.Infact it's believed that the 2016 budget is a recycled 2015 one which itself must have been recycled from 2014 and so on.What changed is that there was no Ghana must go to be shared and thus detailed scrutiny is being thoroughly done by the assembly, perhaps for d first time.
The PMB govt has said,as it is true that those being prosecuted for corruption can't have excuse of victimization,that d question is,did they commit the offence?
So the opposition here is also correct to push the argument, that the govt cannot claim its got integrity when before the whole world the 2016 budget has proved otherwise.U cannot deny them that narrative and ego tripping.
PMB should therefore act fast and swiftly with the knive on culprits because on this,honestly the govt has come out to look very bad.
Kingtom I think everyday should be valentines..... Who would have imagined doctokwus....

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
If it were during the government of PDP, ministers of health and information that said the budgets of their ministries were padded, would have kept silent and the excesses shared between and the senate. We saw it in the case between the former Minister of Education, Fabian Osuji and the Senate.

Change is here.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
If it were during the government of PDP, ministers of health and information that said the budgets of their ministries were padded, would have kept silent and the excesses shared between and the senate. We saw it in the case between the former Minister of Education, Fabian Osuji and the Senate.

Change is here.
Assumptions.
PMB has failed in a CRITICAL national assignment.....where even the President of war-torn Syria had managed to keep the economy of the country relatively untouched because he knows that economic chaos is another war by itself; and perhaps the biggest one......

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Assumptions.
PMB has failed in a CRITICAL national assignment.....where even the President of war-torn Syria had managed to keep the economy of the country relatively untouched because he knows that economic chaos is another war by itself; and perhaps the biggest one......
Is it PMB that caused the drop in the price of crude oil? Give me a reasonable answer or you forget getting a reply.
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by NavierStokes(m): 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
krendo:

It seems we all forget the case of 53 suitcases filled with dollars that were secretly transported or the ptf missing money. He wanted to use the 80's pattern of bamboozling us with huge figures only that this time people were wiser and saw through the budget.

Toughness doesn't equate integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 12:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Is it PMB that caused the drop in the price of crude oil? Give me a reasonable answer or you forget getting a reply.
Is it GEJ's duty to prepare the budget or appoint ministers?
Or is Syria not reliant on oil and fighting a bitter civil war?
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
NavierStokes:

It seems we all forget the case of 53 suitcases filled with dollars that were secretly transported or the ptf missing money. He wanted to use the 80's pattern of bamboozling us with huge figures only that this time people were wiser and saw through the budget.

Toughness doesn't equate integrity.
God bless you may your sight never grow dim

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by banki(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
Enough of this talk about the budget proposal!

Mistakes were made and we must get to work correct the mistakes and move on up.

Wether apc or pdp we musnt play politics with everthing

I thankGod that this is just proposed if they passed it wahala go dey!

I can imagine the nonsense that was passed in the last administration as budget! Yet they never ever achieved up to 50percent implementattion
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
banki:
Enough of this talk about the budget proposal!

Mistakes were made and we must get to work correct the mistakes and move on up.

Wether apc or pdp we musnt play politics with everthing

I thankGod that this is just proposed if they passed it wahala go dey!

I can imagine the nonsense that was passed in the last administration as budget! Yet they never ever achieved up to 50percent implementattion
Tell lai Mohamed that .... And tell Mr PMB to sit up or resign
Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by wxyz1: 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Zoharariel:

Which corruption is he fighting, he is fighting his perceived enemy. If dokpesi DAAR communication had not been the platform at wish PDP use in campaigning against him, he wouldn't have tag him as corrupt, IF Metu had not criticize him and call him unrepentant tyrant, he wouldn't be corrupt, Every body know about Dansuki case in 1984. a true text of integrity is doing to your friends what you would have do to your enemy when both does the same thing. the Charm he use on you people would soon be clear on your.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Impeachable Offence! by praxisnetworks: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
They have gone quiet.... PMB deserves to be impeached even if it's stopped midway... You can't imagine a UK prime minister attempting the economic destruction PMB haa visited on the Nigerian people

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / Let’s Pray For Nigeria / Obasanjo,Sanusi,El-rufai,Amosun At Oba Awujale's Daughter's Wedding(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.