Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

( LGBT SHORT STORY) "Becoming Zuri" - PT 3 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ( LGBT SHORT STORY) "Becoming Zuri" - PT 3 (466 Views)

(LGBT SHORT STORY) "Becoming Zuri" - PT 2 / (LGBT SHORT STORY) "Becoming Zuri" - PT 1 / VIDEO: Nigerian Girls VS Kenyan Girls Pt. 3!!! (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

( LGBT SHORT STORY) "Becoming Zuri" - PT 3 by SunehriLasgidi(f): 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
Author's Note: This story is a work of fiction. Any semblance to a real person or people is sheer coincidence. It contains incidences of same-sex relations. If you are prejudiced against this, please move on.

Zuri felt her heart drop. She had let it all out. Good enough for her, she felt better. If she was going to lose her friend, so be it. In the end, she had got herself back. If Miriam was going to tell her new friends what happened, she would come up with her own story. Miriam’s grip was tighter now. Miriam moved closer. “Friends don’t do this.”

She felt Miriam’s soft lips claim hers’.

She was dazed. She didn’t know what to do.

Miriam stopped. “So, I think I love you. These days just made me realise that. But, you don’t have to love me back. I’m okay with us being just friends,” she said hurriedly as if the little courage she had would expire if she talked slowly.

Zuri tried so hard to suppress a laugh as she imagined how Miriam would look while saying something ridiculous. “The problem with you people who weren’t born in Nigeria is that your eyes are too open to so many things. I couldn’t have imagined kissing you. When I think of kissing, I just think of boys.”

“You never thought of kissing me?” Miriam sounded puzzled.

“No, jare. It is strange. But, I ... I don't know... We’re very, very close friends... I just know that-”

“Oh… you didn’t like it then? Have you ever done that before?”

“Done what?”

“Swim in a shark-infested water. Of course, have you ever kissed a boy before?”

“Oh, that? No. But wait, my cousin tried that. kissing is not like I used to imagine. Those book writers just lied about it. Have you done it before?”

“What?” They giggled. This was the way they teased each other.

“Fry and eat stones for breakfast.” They suppressed their laughter. The dormitory was quiet.

“That was funny. Zuri, I missed you. Those girls are nothing like you. You are special.”

“I know. So, just answer. Have you kissed a boy before?”

“Yes. And I want to kiss you.”

“Eeewwkk…” Zuri cringed in the dark.

She felt Miriam move closer to her. The softness of Miriam’s lips almost sent her reeling.

CONTINUE READING AT:

https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2015/11/becoming-zuri-pt-3.html

(1) (Reply)

Jumia.com Lied / A Utah Judge Tossed Out A Lawsuit Thursday Claiming A School District / Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.