Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

The Massacre In Niger-delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Massacre In Niger-delta (651 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Pictures From Boko Haram Massacre In Dalori (Viewer Discretion) / Did President Buhari Order The Massacre Of Shi'a Muslims In Zaria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Massacre In Niger-delta by TheSeeker(m): 6:17am On May 26, 2009
I was flipping through the pages of newspaper about a week ago and saw that an order had been given for a massive "all out war" on supposed "militants" in the Niger Delta region, which in my opinion I think is totally uncalled for.  For the President to have declared such dues to be paid by innocent civilians for all the negative exploits of the militants on the, dare I say, politicians' economy in the guise of oil, I think it's a bit over the top. Can we debate on this? Is this action really justified or is it another act of genocide?
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by Jakumo(m): 6:37am On May 26, 2009
The guerrilla war in the Niger Delta will never lend itself to an easy victory by conventional forces. Massive air strikes will decimate civilian populations, while hardening the resolve of the elusive enemy who will flee deeper into the swamps to regroup and fight with classic hit-and-run tactics that will nibble away at Nigeria's money machine till it comes to a grinding halt that will effectively bankrupt the Nigerian nation and turn it into a Somalia-style wasteland that will be fought over by rival warlords for the rest of all time.
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by foye57(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2009
in my own opinion, its just another lack of sensitivity on the part of the govt. it is rather disconcerting that even our so-called law makers ratified the 'war' in the region. i hope this doesnt worsen the already terrible situation.
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by AjaraEwuro: 12:33pm On May 26, 2009
so Government should watch as a few people continue to destroy the country? what hypocrisy?
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by Abagworo(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2009
FG has not declared war.not all militants are being hunted.just tombolos faction for murdering 14 soldiers
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by Horus(m): 4:11pm On May 26, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7xzRApvw1k[/flash]

Trauma in Niger Delta (Part One)

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he91IuqQi1k[/flash]

Trauma in Niger Delta (Part Two)
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by Lamidiobi1: 4:57pm On May 26, 2009
yayardua kill them all with ibos too. we are tired of this people bringing us back in 9ja
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by blacksta(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2009
Lamidi-obi:

yayardua kill them all with ibos too. we are tired of this people bringing us back in 9ja

omo osi
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by Sagamite(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2009
Lamidi-obi:

E no go better for your ancestors and descendants.
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by dnex(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2009
It was the terrorists that declared all out war. The government is just living up to their own part of the bargain. If I were in the Delta, militants killed army officers I'll flee from the zone immediately. Get some popcorn, happy viewing.
Re: The Massacre In Niger-delta by blacksta(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2009
dnex:

It was the terrorists that declared all out war. The government is just living up to their own part of the bargain. If I were in the Delta, militants killed army officers I'll flee from the zone immediately. Get some popcorn, happy viewing.

Another dumb and insensitive comment.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp's Automatic Ticket, How Sensible? / Akunyili Accuses Ncc Of Undermining Tariff Cut / Missing Lagos Lawmaker Found In Saki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.