Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. (20440 Views)

Here Is The Worst Thing You Can Do As An Employee / Five Of The Worst Ways To Motivate Employees / Some Thoughts For People Lost In Their Circumstances And See No Way Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Orikinla(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
OP, only cowards commit suicide and those who don't know God. When we live and work to compete with our peers for bragging rights and ego trips, we set ourselves up for heartbreaks and disappointments when we fail to live up to the expectations of our selfish ambitions and greed. But the wise who understand life know that we are not created to impress others, but to live and work to honour our creator and do our best to live in love, peace and unity among our fellow humans and avoid trouble and trouble makers everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
LolliCane:
Overcoming disturbing thoughts is where real/true strength lies. Kudos to you dearpreye and every other overcomer. Your breakthrough is near.

Thank you. It was a one off event shaaa. Thanks for your prayers.
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
Confessng:
Well said !
It is unfortunate that we live in a society with more religion less spirituality more churches less live ,more mosques less love
Yv

I am a Christian
...but honestly do you know why we are not spiritual in these parts, but only very religious and fanatical?
Because we have imported religions, stripped of their souls as they trickle down to us
It is extremely difficult to be spiritual when our religions are alien.....

If we were practicing our real traditional religions, our spirituality would be off the hook....and the tragic thing is that we may have missed out on having our real link with God forever with the religions we practice like zombies.....in Igbo land, the kolanut and palm wine are ways to communicate with God, and the philosophy of live and let live is very deep...but we have thrown them away, some people even reject palm wine during their weddings because it is "ungodly" shocked....kola nuts belong in museums now, and etc....very very tragic
The way the Asians are with their religions is amazing...you see people the world over go on ashrams in India etc...to imbibe some Asian spirituality
...but Africans?

No no no
cry
My point is that we have lost the chart to true spirituality in Africa with our almost total uptake of foreign 'religiosity', and this is a true calamity
No one (read, the world) would respect a people who do not even have (own and practice) their own philosophies and religions, or ever take them seriously
True story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
Orikinla:
OP, only cowards commit suicide and those who don't know God. When we live and work to compete with our peers for bragging rights and ego trips, we set ourselves up for heartbreaks and disappointments when we fail to live up to the expectations of our selfish ambitions and greed. But the wise who understand life know that we are not created to impress others, but to live and work to honour our creator and do our best to live in love, peace and unity among our fellow humans and avoid trouble and trouble makers everyday.

What a sanctimonious post! angry
And a false one too, spiced with "godly" words that you have not thought out well, or you would not have typed what you did
You do not know ALL the workings of the mind, and everything about the mental balance of humans, or do you? shocked
Do not judge people in whose shoes you have never walked darling
Bye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Thank you. It was a one off event shaaa. Thanks for your prayers.

Dear dearpreye
...you are one of the people I e-like on this forum
Stay blessed
....and sorry for derailing here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
milychocs:

Dear dearpreye
...you are one of the people I e-like on this forum
Stay blessed
....and sorry for derailing here

Not offended. A few persons have expressed their satisfaction and gratitude over this thread and that fulfils a divine purpose.

As for liking me, that's great. Stay blessed as well.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by IamAtribalist: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
cool nice1
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Confessng: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
gbam gbam gbam you have hit the nail on the head.

milychocs:

I am a Christian
...but honestly do you know why we are not spiritual in these parts, but only very religious and fanatical?
Because we have imported religions, stripped of their souls as they trickle down to us

If we were practicing our real traditional religions, our spirituality would be off the hook....and the tragic thing is that we may have missed out on having our real link with God forever with the religions we practice like zombies.....in Igbo land, the kolanut and palm wine are ways to communicate with God, and the philosophy of live and let live is very deep...but we have thrown them away, some people even reject palm wine during their weddings because it is "ungodly" shocked....kola nuts belong in museums now, and etc....very very tragic
The way the Asians are with their religions
...but Africans?

No no no
cry
My point is that we have lost the chart to true spirituality in Africa with our almost total uptake of foreign religiosity, and this is truly tragic
No one (read, the world) would respect a people who do not even have their own philosophies and religions, or ever take them seriously
True story

1 Like

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Craigston: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks my boss. I couldn't implicitly tell what it is that has led to this lack of care and sympathy towards others during their trying periods. Somehow we have become so cold and hard towards those who are in difficult situations.
This topic makes an interesting read. I'm yet to fully understand the psychological depths of this callous attitude we exhibit. I believe strong environmental factors are at play here and changing the situation needs good education.
I'll make it my priority to influence lives positively. Spreading happiness returns joy to you. It's worth doing.
Now, think of how a pat on the shoulder from a colleague would have made things different on that day; and how something similar would affect the man who allegedly committed suicide because he felt the wrong way.
However, try to not take responsibility for the things you shouldn't: it's a form of disorder in itself. You cannot help every person you meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by FixedRoots: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
dumo1:
Some people really need to go listen to that song that was sung by the Empire cast Conqueror - ( feat Estelle and Jussie Smollett) dats d song making me hang on from contemplating suicide.

Seunvense:
Yeah! Hold on by James Fortune is a great song too.

Guys, thanks for recommending those songs. I just combined both titles and I got this inspiring line: HOLD ON CONQUEROR. This would keep me fired up till I take a full dive into both songs.

To everyone out there going through some form of pressure and pain, I say to you, HOLD ON, YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!

dearpreye, thanks for sharing. Keep holding on; you're a conqueror.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by daphid25(m): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
If you commit suicide, na you lose
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
FixedRoots:

Guys, thanks for recommending those songs. I just combined both titles and I got this inspiring line: HOLD ON CONQUEROR. This would keep me fired up till I take a full dive into both songs.

To everyone out there going through some form of pressure and pain, I say to you, HOLD ON, YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!

dearpreye, thanks for sharing. Keep holding on; you're a conqueror.

Thanks for the advice, my friend.
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Opengates(m): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
Suicide is not a solution in anyway, it is a short cut journey to hell fire! undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
Craigston:

This topic makes an interesting read. I'm yet to fully understand the psychological depths of this callous attitude we exhibit. I believe strong environmental factors are at play here and changing the situation needs good education.
I'll make it my priority to influence lives positively. Spreading happiness returns joy to you. It's worth doing.
Now, think of how a pat on the shoulder from a colleague would have made things different on that day; and how something similar would affect the man who allegedly committed suicide because he felt the wrong way.
However, try to not take responsibility for the things you shouldn't: it's a form of disorder in itself. You cannot help every person you meet.

Great comments. As usual some very personal friends genuinely required what went wrong and that was it.....but the rest wan kill me......LOL!

We need to show some love and concern to people.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Opengates:
Suicide is not a solution in anyway, it is a short cut journey to hell fire! undecided undecided undecided

Not everything is hell fire.....suicide must be avoided not because of hell , but because it's wrong That's all
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by ifeomaekol(f): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
dearpreye:

I want sacked at all.....It didn't even get to that. But my friends take me shine die......
ehyah, hope ur wia able to pull out strong? I learnt a lot frm ur writeup, thnks a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
ifeomaekol:
ehyah, hope ur wia able to pull out strong? I learnt a lot frm ur writeup, thnks a lot.

Sure I pulled through, though not without some troubles from my colleagues. I'm happy you learned a thing or two from my message. Thanks.
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by ifeomaekol(f): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
dearpreye:

Sure I pulled through, though not without some troubles from my colleagues. I'm happy you learned a thing or two from my message. Thanks.
its well. All d best
Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by laprince(m): 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
very well articulated writeup.
sweet encouragement thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. by asalimpo(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2016

I am a Christian

The way the Asians are with their religions is amazing...you see people the world over go on ashrams in India etc...to imbibe some Asian spirituality
...but Africans?

No no no
cry
My point is that we have lost the chart to true spirituality in Africa with our almost total uptake of foreign 'religiosity', and this is a true calamity
No one (read, the world) would respect a people who do not even have (own and practice) their own philosophies and religions, or ever take them seriously
True story

if you are a christian, you'll know that animism, cannibalism (african religion). Were formed from the pit of hell. Our own "spirituality and religion" are detrimental in many ways to human well being.
The "imported" religion, stopped killing of twins. Worship of sun ,moon and stars.
Believing that thunder is the voice of God.
Polygamy.
Etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies While His Promotion Letter Gets Released The Next Day.Photos / 9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / 5 Reasons Why ACCA Is Better Than ICAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.