Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 (19333 Views)

Every Right Thinking Nigerian Will Type: Thank You Mr Donald Trump, To This; / 18% Of Anambra Children Suffer From Malnutrition - NGO / Nigerian Will Forever Regret Voting In Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by jaydude(f): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2015
elmisti:

U reason like a kid dat listen to radio alone....ar u nt part of the society, which nonsense corruption is curbed?...is Saraki still not SP?...is Atiku even charged wif anytn?....even jonathan is walking free, oh Ameachi is a minister, Tinubu is a chieftan, guy, no make me vex biko!

If you were reasonable you would know how to give responses like an adult (that's if I asked you for any). Secondly we are all entitled to our opinions, there's a difference between prosecuting offenders and stopping corrupt practices. Both are tackled differently,and there's a word called 'process' This is democracy and you don't expect people to get jailed overnight (if that would solve your problems)
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by 400billionman: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2015
Segadem:
I know u will see this but I guess u are far away to Pluto planet when the IMF rated Nigeria as world's 22nd largest economy just yesterday.

Note: no matter how hard u try to convince a hater, s/he will never see any positive thing even if it is at the tip of his nose.

Ask yourself the indices which affects GDP like Population, Landmass, Development, Commerce. Okay we are largest black nation.

Do you expect a small country like Ghana and Cameroun to have higher GDP before Nigeria ?

A poor nation like India is many steps ahead of you. Nigerians are getting poorer. Thats the topic..

You can never sell a bad product and convince people it is good. Thats for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by 400billionman: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2015
MrHighSea:
How wud d 22nd largest economy in d world av poorer citizens?

There is a difference between, location, speed and acceleration.

Read wide..
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Louislewis: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
[size=18pt]OBASANJO, SOLUDO, SANUSI AND CO. DEY HEAR DIS ONE SO?[/size]
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
MrEverest:
My dear you have to bear with them. Could you believe that economic downturn is seriously affecting the relationship with my spouse. I'm into business with branches & had to retrench my staff, I have been trying to cut down on over-head/expenses & my spouse does not seem to understand no matter how I try to explain, I went through my ledger & compared what I earned last year with what I am earning now & almost cried when I saw a 50-70% drop in profit. Its a sad & deppresing situation.
i completely understood them,because its never been like this before with them.....but whose to blame for what is happening with the nations economy?
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by elmisti(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
jaydude:

If you were reasonable you would know how to give responses like an adult (that's if I asked you for any). Secondly we are all entitled to our opinions, there's a difference between prosecuting offenders and stopping corrupt practices. Both are tackled differently,and there's a word called 'process' This is democracy and you don't expect people to get jailed overnight (if that would solve your problems)

I really dnt like to get into political arguments online, cuz the way some pple reason surprises me.....bro, truly dere is due process, but dis is how d process goes here......Saraki wife accused by Efcc ( few weeks later, efcc chairman charged with corruption)....then CCT docked saraki ( after one month, CCT chairman accused of corruption)....now tell me, is that the cycle we should watch till 2019
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
mechy:

eya....! embarassed
YOU CANT EVEN SAY SORRY.......eya
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Jesusloveyou: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Nigerians Growing Poorer For First Time Since 1999 - Businessday

Nigerians are growing poorer for the first time since the return to democracy in 1999 as an economic slowdown combines with still high population growth rates to curb income per capita. Average incomes in Nigeria will fall by about 18 percent in 2015 to $2,550 per annum, from over $3,000 in 2014.

https://businessdayonline.com/2015/11/nigerians-growing-poorer-for-first-time-since-1999/

Passingshot now who has destroyed Nigeria between PDP's 16 years and APC's 6 months?
what kind of mumu question is this, did u know how many 6months are in 16yrs, and dis 6months is more or less attributed to pdp 16yrs of failure's , u can easily compared 16yrs of pdp to apc 4yrs of success in 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by FreeGlobe(f): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Abagworo:

Stop pretending like you don't know our problem is a product of inability to diversify Nigerian economy. Buhari has done well in reducing the impact of the shock. The sharp fall in oil prices starting from last quater of 2014 is the cause of our economic problems. Let us support every move to diversify our economy and stop playing unnecessary politics.
Buhari does not have any excuse to perform. If he can't deal with the issues he should resign immediately
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by jaydude(f): 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
elmisti:

I really dnt like to get into political arguments online, cuz the way some pple reason surprises me.....bro, truly dere is due process, but dis is how d process goes here......Saraki wife accused by Efcc ( few weeks later, efcc chairman charged with corruption)....then CCT docked saraki ( after one month, CCT chairman accused of corruption)....now tell me, is that the cycle we should watch till 2019

No one needs your argument, I'm not a buhari supporter, I only thank God someone replaced Jonathan in good time at least. All I pointed out was that whatever is happening now is an aftermath of many years of misrule of a previous government, it did not start few months ago. And if you can see clearly attached to my user name, I'm a female thanks
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by obailala(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Nigerians Growing Poorer For First Time Since 1999 - Businessday

Nigerians are growing poorer for the first time since the return to democracy in 1999 as an economic slowdown combines with still high population growth rates to curb income per capita. Average incomes in Nigeria will fall by about 18 percent in 2015 to $2,550 per annum, from over $3,000 in 2014.

https://businessdayonline.com/2015/11/nigerians-growing-poorer-for-first-time-since-1999/

Passingshot now who has destroyed Nigeria between PDP's 16 years and APC's 6 months?
Nigeria experienced its lowest ever GDP growth rate of 2.35% in the 2Q of 2015. At that time, the PDP and the HERO of Otuoke was still largely in-charge. Presently, the GDP has risen a little to 2.84% in the 3Q and we yet to know the average value in this 4Q.

Considering a rapid plunge of the nation's GDP growth rate from about 6% in 4Q 2014 to 2.35% in 2Q 2015, it is only a capital dunce or just a mere ignoramus that would attribute that helpless nosedive to the new administration.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by elmisti(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
jaydude:

No one needs your argument, I'm not a buhari supporter, I only thank God someone replaced Jonathan in good time at least. All I pointed out was that whatever is happening now is an aftermath of many years of misrule of a previous government, it did not start few months ago. And if you can see clearly attached to my user name, I'm a female thanks

Hahaha, sorry madam....am nt justifying GEJ administration, but U nd I witnessed the campaigns, APC made solving d whole problem look as simple as ABC, they bragged about common sense, my sister, 2016 budget is not even ready!......Accept the fact, 21st Governance was not as buhari envisioned...
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by elmisti(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria experienced its lowest ever GDP growth rate of 2.32% in the 2Q of 2015. At that time PDP and the HERO was still largely in-charge. Presently the GDP has risen a little to 2.8% in the 3Q.

For a rapid plunge of the nation's GDP growth rate from over 6.5% in 4Q 2014 to 2.3% in 2Q 2015, it is only a capital dunce or just a mere ignoramus that would attribute that to the new administration.

Abeg put source or I wnt swallow this!
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Amack(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
Some pastor's will say let us pray for Nigeria. for me I can never pray for Nigeria because it seems like some people love suffering more than anything. How can you vote a man at his 80 and illiterate for that matter to rule a nation with over 170 million population. Which kind change did you expect. Even the so called buhari been a greedy man occupied 2 most important office in Nigeria. He is the president and at the same time petroleum minister. I expect buhari to appiont mostly young people as his ministers with few elderly one's. From his ministerial appointment I knew that buhari is not ready for any change because all I see there is APC, Association of professional Criminals. I only pray for my self and family.

1 Share

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by drnelson: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
WE ARE A POOR COUNTRY.

START ACCEPTING THE TRUTH.

WE HAVE WEALTH BUT FEW FAMILIES CONTROL ALL OF IT.
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by pasol4real(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
The One way pain me pass this Daura President come go appoint a mere commissioner of a mere state as finance Minister.Chai this scamming suppose enter guinnes book of record.
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Jesusloveyou: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
remember007:
i completely understood them,because its never been like this before with them.....but whose to blame for what is happening with the nations economy?
yes that is nice question, who to blame for what is happening? Blame pdp and gej,

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by obailala(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2015
elmisti:

Abeg put source or I wnt swallow this!
Here you go with your source below. I hope you can see the downward trend line?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3120761_nigeriagdpgrowthannualforecast_png7bcd23fc337e90b7d2f7cee256a15425
[img]http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/og.png?url=/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual[/img]

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

If we must argue on anything about the state of the nations economy, we have to be reasonable about it instead of just making conclusions based on what I term 'okada-man' analysis. If we must appropriate blames for the present woes in our economy, the largest chunk of that blame definitely goes to the PDP that failed to save or diversify our economy even in the recent years of plenty. The new administration inherited an economy which was on a mega-speed nosedive. Expecting this downward trend to be reversed instantly in 6 transitional months, especially when oil prices are even still falling further, that is purely okada-man mentality. Some blame goes to the new administration though for their delays in forming a proper economic team; but overall, no sensible assessment can be made of the new regime's performance until at least 2 years.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by sniperr007(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
MrHighSea:
How wud d 22nd largest economy in d world av poorer citizens?

Ask India?
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by elmisti(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
obailala:

Here you go with your source below. I hope you can see the downward trend line?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3120761_nigeriagdpgrowthannualforecast_png7bcd23fc337e90b7d2f7cee256a15425
[img]http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/og.png?url=/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual[/img]

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

If we must argue on anything about the state of the nations economy, we have to be reasonable about it instead of just making conclusions based on what I term 'okada-man' analysis. If we must appropriate blames for the present woes in our economy, the largest chunk of that blame definitely goes to the PDP that failed to save or diversify our economy even in the recent years of plenty. The new administration inherited an economy which was on a mega-speed nosedive. Expecting this downward trend to be reversed instantly in 6 transitional months, especially when oil prices are even still falling further, that is purely okada-man mentality. Some blame goes to the new administration though for their delays in forming a proper economic team; but overall, no sensible assessment can be made of the new regime's performance until at least 2 years.

Bro, I dnt want to drag dis but that diagrm up there dsnt look so bad for PDP, I wnt judge APC yet, but u av to admit, proactive and drastic policies ar needed, nd to think ourbudgets r nt ready sef....I profit ntn from thing my government, but my govt. Shld nt giv me reasons to
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by smuthy101: 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
Abeg, where is that idiot called demdem?
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by sniperr007(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
Segadem:
I know u will see this but I guess u are far away to Pluto planet when the IMF rated Nigeria as world's 22nd largest economy just yesterday.

Note: no matter how hard u try to convince a hater, s/he will never see any positive thing even if it is at the tip of his nose.

Do u know der measures for calculating? Nigeria was no 1 in Africa and d average man didn't feel d impact.

Dos rating na paper. Wats d reality on ground? R pples lives improving or not?

Funny wen foreign & local media spoke abt d past government, we crucified Dem now dey sayin same tin & bigots r giving excuse.

We shudnt take excuses again frm our leaders neither shud we create 1 4 Dem.
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by obailala(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
elmisti:

Bro, I dnt want to drag dis but that diagrm up there dsnt look so bad for PDP, I wnt judge APC yet, but u av to admit, proactive and drastic policies ar needed, nd to think ourbudgets r nt ready sef....I profit ntn from thing my government, but my govt. Shld nt giv me reasons to
Nigeria isn't living up to 10% of its full potentials, I totally appreciate that. But I find it rather appalling when I see supposedly educated and enlightened people who should know better, making some strange analysis and adjudging a government which is still in the transitioning phase as a failure based on the most silly arguments.

1 Like

Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Pavarottii(m): 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2015
teeboila:
I don't believe this poo cos when they said our economy was growing and booming average Nigerians can't feel it and unemployment was increasing exponentially. This survey or data cannot be a true representation of what is obtainable among average Nigerians.
#ZombieAlert
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Pavarottii(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
Segadem:

We are the 22nd richest economy because of the work put together since 1999, but from now on. That's why the OP said in 2015, so our economy will soon sliding down from thhe 22nd richest economy if poilicies are not put down to sustain the success.
U gerrit?
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Segadem(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
chynie:

you no get sense did you see clearly what is at the tip of your nose. if you are matured enough you have known is true, salary no paid, rent increased, food increased and school fees increased. so shut up and watch African Magic and wait for whoever that gives you food to come back.
I'm not surprised, that's how u talk to your parents in your lineage.
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
yes that is nice question, who to blame for what is happening? Blame pdp and gej,
its not true,Buari and APC is to blame
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Splashme: 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2015
[size=20pt]Nigeria is in deep mess . . . [/size]
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Mercyjoy28: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
Though things are nt easy for average Nigerians bt On my own opinion we cant still judge PMB yet let us give im more time.
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by elmisti(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria isn't living up to 10% of its full potentials, I totally appreciate that. But I find it rather appalling when I see supposedly educated and enlightened people who should know better, making some strange analysis and adjudging a government which is still in the transitioning phase as a failure based on the most silly arguments.

4giv d errors in my last post, eyes wr closing alrdy....all in all, what me personally need is improvements, weather by crook or anyfn....infact dey can go ahead nd borrow funds from devil.....For an oil producing state, Nigerians av suffered enuf
Re: The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 by Stylaay(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
This is just the reality. Go into town and see the sufferings of people have doubled.

B00HARI did it in the eighties, he'll still do it again.

A Leopard can never change it's spots.
My boss told me what is happening now is similar to what they experienced on 84 dunno how true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators Earn More Than Trump, UK PM - Oyebola / Bayelsa Government Officials' Boat Capsized In A River While On Duty (Photo) / Boko Haram, Bandits Moving To Dislodge Buhari From Aso Rock: Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.