Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

NNPC Explains The Reason Behind The Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Explains The Reason Behind The Fuel Scarcity (368 Views)

NNPC Explains Increase In Petrol Pump Price / Hilarious Cartoon About Buhari And The Fuel Scarcity / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Explains The Reason Behind The Fuel Scarcity by thisisbankole: 9:44am On Nov 27, 2015
In a statement to the Senate Committee on Petroleum Downstream in Abuja, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) explained that the reason for the fuel scarcity was due to activities from vandals and corrupt oil marketers.

Mrs. Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue, Managing Director of the Pipelines and Product Marketing Company, PPMC, a subsidiary of the NNPC stated that Nigeria has lost a total of 531 million litres of petrol valued at over N50 billion to pipeline vandals between January and September, 2015, at the System 2B Pipeline network which covers from the Atlas Cove in Lagos to Ilorin.

Nnamdi-Ogbue said that the continuous vandalization of pipeline at the Arepo to Mosimi axis of the pipeline artery, have made the supply of petroleum products to retail outlets difficult.

She said PPMC is doing everything they can to make sure they supply truck-out from depots in Lagos, Oghara and recently Calabar.

She, however, noted that the efforts to supply enough fuel across the country are being hampered by the activities of some unscrupulous marketers involved in hoarding and diverting of petroleum products for sale in black markets across the country.

She said, “We view this as a distortion to the economy and we have invited the DSS and the EFCC to take action.”

The Senate has given the NNPC a two-week ultimatum to end the fuel scarcity.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/11/nnpc-explains-the-reason-behind-the-fuel-scarcity/
Re: NNPC Explains The Reason Behind The Fuel Scarcity by chocolateme(f): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2015
One thing I have come to realize in my observation of the affairs of this country is that those in authority and out leaders always find a way to extricate themselves from blames on their failures to execute their given targeted goals and objectives.
They would always find a way to heap all the blames on the masses in order not to go down alone. A situation where there are adequate and maximum securities for the guarding of the pipelines, the damages would atleast have been minimal.
The day our leaders rise up and take up the charges and responsibilities of whatever that defaults under their jurisdiction, then I think there would be a headway into the solution of some affairs on our nation.
Re: NNPC Explains The Reason Behind The Fuel Scarcity by lionness(f): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2015
What the F: I didnt vote buhorror to give me excuses for crying out loud angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

100 Kaduna Hunters Volunteer To Assist Military In Fighting Boko Haram / Predict And Win Instantly ......very Hilarious / FG To Spend N500bn On Social Welfare Programme To Cater To Poor Nigerians In 201

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.