Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy (585 Views)

Action Has Been Too Slow On SGF, NIA DG Probe Report – Sagay / Aides Help Shehu Shagari To Board A Plane (Photo) / God Bless GEJ. You Are The Best. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by richidinho(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, has described immediate-past President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, as a ‘rare breed’ whose actions strengthened democracy in Africa and made the conti­nent proud.
Shagari’s observations were contained in a letter to Dr Jona­than dated November 20, 2015 bearing the caption: ‘Happy 58th Birthday’, personally signed by him.
“Your birthday deserves to be celebrated both at home and abroad given your selfless ser­vices to our beloved fatherland. Your spectacular commitment in the development of our cher­ished values of democracy in Ni­geria and Africa is legendary. On the African political landscape, you are, indeed, a rare breed. Your name shall always be writ­ten in gold whenever the history of Nigeria is being dispassion­ately studied or analysed.”
Continuing further, Shagari said, “I watched with keen in­terest when a few days ago, my friend, the former US President, Mr Jimmy Carter, showered praises on Your Excellency. Your incredible achievements have done pride to both Nigeria and Africa. He was quoted as saying, ‘President Goodluck Jonathan is the symbol of democracy in Af­rica. You set an example that Af­rican leaders should follow’.
“Mr Jimmy Carter’s abiding love and faith in our country Nigeria, Africa and humanity in general is not in doubt. He was the first US President to visit our beloved nation. I had the privilege of visiting him in the White House when I was Presi­dent of our country.
This equally credible testimo­ny from such a global political figure has done lasting honour on you, our nation and Africa”, observed Shagari.
“It has endeared you to all and has also assured your de­served place in the annals of nations. Your name shall al­ways be written in gold when­ever the history of Nigeria is being dispassionately studied or analysed”, opined the former President.
He said, “Please accept, Your Excellency, the assurances of my highest brotherly considerations, my prayers and my very best wishes at all times

https://www.facebook.com/Scannews-378378918890631/?fref=photo

3 Likes

Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by richidinho(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2015
lalasticlala it seems you dont like good news grin
Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by adehsenior(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
GEJ my hero, may your enemies out live you so that they can see more of your achievements
Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by thundafire: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
lamenters lamenters club,apc e-rats,enemies of GEJ may u all have nightmare because of GEJ achievement shagari dn talk am cs he has neva told any politician 4rm dy north dat he is a 'rare breed'
Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by daniska3yaro(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
Na the only reason my fellow nigerians no be refugees in other countries by nw.
Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Shagari is a fu la ni by flesh, but a biafran by blood. The people of niger delta and biafra has placed on you a honorary citizenship.
Re: HBD: Shagari To GEJ You Are A Rare Breed Whose Action Has Strengthened Democracy by applord: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
smiley

APC-rodents will be like Shagari angry undecided angry

IPOD youths again .... Omenka

Wailers will always wail.... Beremx

Yeebhoes again... IlekeHD

He's a Biafra idiot.... NgeneUkwenu

(1) (Reply)

The President Goofed By Premising Loss Of Lives In The North On Arms Scandal / Donald Trump's Website Hacked By Anonymous For His Hate Speech On Islam / Throwback Pic Of Wike And Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.