Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra (10264 Views)

Azikiwe At The Proposed Site Of The University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) In 1950s. / Buhari Viewing The Aeromagnetic Map Of The Nickel Discovery (Pic) / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2015
nwanlecha:
I truly understand where @Goodboiyy is coming from. I think IPOB should not include groups like Itshekiri, Urhobo/Isoko and other Edoid groups in the Biafran map. These groups should not be forced to submit to a referendum, 'cus they do not feel a kinship with us and I totally agree with that. I for one cringe whenever Nnamdi Kanu says that ndị Igbo are one with them.
My humble opinion is that only Igbo groups in SE and SS, as well other willing ethnicities in SS, should be allowed to vote in a referendum for the restoration of Biafra.

Thank God u understand me.. With this I ain't arguing about this Biafra issue again
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by NewYorkCity: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2015
Spicygal:
God forbid!!!

Until Edo is included in that map, the Edo groups in delta (i.e Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaws) will neva ever support biafra. Igbos are already trying to divide the Edo group of tribes. Just experiment by including Edo on the map and see how these tribes support the biafran project. till then keep living in fools paradise.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by PedroJP(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't think all these are necessary. It is a well established fact that Biafra is Igbo project and will remain so. Whoever think he can force the SS should try his luck...I wish them well...

If Biafra is an Igbo thing, then part of SS is Biafra. Ohaneze comprise seven states in Nigeria that extends to SS. Nzeogwu dat led the coup tagged Igbo coup is from SS.

U can fight for ur Ijaw nation if u can, not fighting for SS dat has Igbos in it cos i Ugochukwu from SE will come down to PH or Asaba to claim fatherland against Ijaw should there be any need for it. I do not regard ur stance on this cos it doesn't matter, i'm only trying to get u informed.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by GentleToks(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2015
1MCN:

You're very correct. But I think the exclusion of most part of Edo is not because "the Benin Kingdom is a very powerful ancient one...". The proponents of Biafra say that in Biafra there will be total abolition of Monarchy. And the Benin Kingdom is ancient as you said, and culturally deep rooted and therefore will be averse with the Biafran Principle of State Polity.

And Biafra will not want to interfere with peoples' cultures and roots.

But if put through a referendum and the people accept to jettison their monarchy and vote to join Biafra then they're accepted.

One thing must be said here: BIAFRA IS NOT, AND SHALL NOT BE A FORCED STATE. Even if the so called South south chooses through the referendum to remain in Nigeria like TonyeBarcanista insists they'll be completely allowed to remain (although the minuscle opinion of one man is too infinitesimal in issues like this). If they want separate break away State then they must be prepared to slug it out with Nigeria. Though I don't see this happening.

Finally, I think it's time for the proponents of Biafra to begin to unveil the political and economic blueprints for the proposed "Biafran" public to see, so that those "annexed" areas or regions will begin to weigh their options. I read, and saved, yesterday a document purported to be presented by Asari Dokubo titled Biafran Charter of Government (or something). I think it's time to begin to act in ways that shows the struggle is real and unstoppable.

God Bless Every People Around The World Who Seek Genuine Freedom.

Lol!!!! Dream on...

Interestingly and ironically, if a single person(Even leaders from the same region) from Niger-delta says that Niger-delta is not part of Biafra and would never be, you and and your self-deceived kinsmen-Igbos usually jumped on the basis of "HIS VIEW DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF ALL NIGER-DELTANS but the moment a miscreant like Asari Dokubo says that Niger-delta is part of Biafra, you quickly take his view as general view of all Niger-deltans.

The greatest mistake Igbos would make again in eventuality of war or break-up is to believe that Niger-deltans are part of struggle or agitation for independence.

Go with your 5 states and embrace peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by trapQ: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2015
Oga my view isn't inconsequential. I'm sure you read about the statements given by different SS leaders is, an urhobo leader, an isoko leader, ijaw, ikwerre, efik/Ibibio, esan etc. The U.P.U (urhobo progressive union) which is the umbrella of urhobos in Nigeria have openly spoken against the biafran agitation. I share the same view with all these people I mentioned, hence my view isn't inconsequential.

Now, the SS hasn't asked for a referendum, and as such will not be given one. You cannot force us to do a referendum when we have not openly declared our support for this biafran agitation.

That said, I like the the fact that the Igbo's don't tolerate Islam. The resource control ish that is being sung in our ears now might only be to brainwash us into joining Biafra. If and when when we join, it may be a different thing entirely.
willow0801:
Lol, one thing you fail to realize is once biafra is given referendum, SS wil jump at it imediately, infact with both hannds, barcarnista, goodboyy and trapQ views are inconsequential, quote me anywhere, no sane SS will reject 99% resource control, a new country where they will be the majorities with lesser ethinc group to jostle for parliamentary seat and all those political bruhaha nigeria is known for,it will be the first christain democratic republic, the opportunities are enormous.. Quote me we will revisit this page after buhari's tenure, then maybe by then these blind men eyes must have cleared....

When men with evil agenda tries to challenge Godsplan for his people, he liberates. Them.

I repeat islam breeds evil,how can southern christains be killed because of mohammed cartoon, who does that? how can someone be mutiliated just because he stole or killed because of adultry, in the bible when peter slashed a soldeir's ear,Jesus mended it and told him that popular quote. But then why would these people practice this as a way of life , infact if you are a northern muslim, you are in sin everyday ,since you agree with the law, then it is applicable to call you a partaker, deep eh? If not for christainity in the south, yoruba muslims would have been 80%. I repeat the mind set of bello is the mind set of every fulani amd it will never change even with education, the best option is to opt out..do you remember the mosque development in phc? By the time that moisque development is finally done, watch portharcourt hosting top muslim programs and leaders, before you know it, such development will spread across the south, finally nigeria will be islamized not by force but by the phycological effect such development brings, .. I laugh in hebrew.. Lai lai I can't be with these set of people,even our country uses two constitution,one is lawful, the other unlawful but because they are northerners, it was overlooked. Can you see how these people have taken everyone for a fool, seeing the south as weaklings, chai I weep!!! Oh nigeria why did you almagamate!, which kind stewpid african unity be this, the world has changed, religion is the new tradition, take it or leave it! Abeg give us Biafra, anyone whe wan live with these animals, be my guest!
Nonsense!

Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by Spicygal: 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
Edos do not want to be part of Biafra.

If there will be a Niger delta republic no problem but better still resource control.

Go with the igbos? Never.

NewYorkCity:

Until Edo is included in that map, the Edo groups in delta (i.e Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri and Ijaws) will neva ever support biafra. Igbos are already trying to divide the Edo group of tribes. Just experiment by including Edo on the map and see how these tribes support the biafran project. till then keep living in fools paradise.
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by 1MCN: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
GentleToks:

Lol!!!! Dream on...

Interestingly and ironically, if a single person(Even leaders from the same region) from Niger-delta says that Niger-delta is not part of Biafra and would never be, you and and your self-deceived kinsmen-Igbos usually jumped on the basis of "HIS VIEW DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF ALL NIGER-DELTANS but the moment a miscreant like Asari Dokubo says that Niger-delta is part of Biafra, you quickly take his view as general view of all Niger-deltans.

The greatest mistake Igbos would make again in eventuality of war or break-up is to believe that Niger-deltans are part of struggle or agitation for independence.

Go with your 5 states and embrace peace of mind.

What if I tell you that I'm Niger-Delta?
Re: Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra by oyatz(m): 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
I think there is a mistake o,because I can't see Lagos province on the Biafran Map,since Igbos control/own the economy of Lagos and the State is a no man's Land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Return Of Fuel Subsidy By Reuben Abati / Anambra industrial revolution pics / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.