Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Is Celtel Doing? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Celtel Doing? (16972 Views)

Celtel Wap And Mms Settings / Celtel Begins Compensation To Customers / Thread closed{Bonus Credit On Celtel} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ceejay80s(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2006
celtel are losers
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by ceejay80s(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2006
celtel should just give up they are losers.2007 glo is coming out with 3g video alling,mobile tv.imagine watching cnn,sky movies on ur 3G phone.celtel or celshit don finish o.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by olta(m): 9:31am On Nov 17, 2006
it's obvious you have not been reading the posts or newpapers, GLO is launching what has already been tested on the CELTEL nework, all that is being awaite for full implementation is NCC license and guess what ITS FREE!!
All u clowns who ran to eMTNess and Glo by force will have to run back. And by the way have u all seen the latest GLO advert (Classic Plus) . the free midnite calls has 2 asterix and the meaning was written in tiny prints at the bottom of the page ** limited time offer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by lioness(f): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2006
;d
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by dominobaby(f): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2006
Has any glo subscriber noticed that lately glo has been taking away money indiscriminately? A friend was complaining to me that he first tried loading a 300 recharge card and after successfully loading it, he couldn't make a call, as they immediately told him he had insufficient credit, and upon checking his balance there and then, it was back to his previous balance! He's saying he wouldn't load any recharge card again until he gets an explanation and a refund from glo customer care, cos this happened twice to him. A friend of his also attested to this and his was even worse as he lost five hundred naira TWICE!

I just knew that there was a way that this people would get back their money for their so called 'free calls'.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2006
You guys don't know and will never know wassup. How can you compare celtel with the other networks? I mean they cannot be comparable. You can only contrast them.

Those of you that think celtel is not doing well you better get your heads examined.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2006
tell 'em cush!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2006
@cabali, it's like they don't know a think about celtel. I think we need to understand something and know it before we pass judgement
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2006
there is always a lifespan for anything given for free and Mtn's as short as they come

in the long run there will still be a winner and that is CELTEL fo sho!!!! grin
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 7:05am On Nov 18, 2006
Mtn n glo na scammers
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2006
D reason y i said so is because glo do not connect easily during d free calls hour. As 4 mtn,they connect faster n if spend more than 4:30am eg 4:31 or 4:30am they empty ur acct bal 4 u
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2006
D reason y i said so is because glo do not connect easily during d free calls hour. As 4 mtn,they connect faster n if spend more than 4:30am eg 4:31 or 4:35am they empty ur acct bal 4 u
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2006
B4 u can make a free call in mtn, u must hv nothin less than #100 as ur acct balance n if its less than dat n u try 2 make a free call, u ll be billed or ur acct will b readin red
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by textmypage(m): 7:21am On Nov 18, 2006
And there by scamming or ripping of ppl 's credit. U may not knw this until u try.if u wanna knw more pm me on yim: textmypage
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2006
Do us a favour and post all they all need to know on this thread let them know

U did not mention that when u make free calls on MTN, it ends consistently at abt 4.05 secs and when u try to connect again u get a network busy prompt for another 10mins!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2006
its cheaper calling a celtel line from another network (how bad can it get?) and in Port Harcourt there is no gprs on the celtel network. I cannot afford to make night calls so I don't but I do know so many people that speak for hours with their special ones at night though its a bit difficult at times to connect they say. As for glo collecting money; that has always been one of their serious challenges and I don't know what NCC is doing about it. MTN is the network of choice and i'll tell you what celtel is doing.

They are sleeping with mtel on a bed in ikoyi cementary and don't care whether anyone is watching.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2006
And I suspect u really think that was a witty line u just gave there!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2006
U say there isnt celtel gprs in port harcourt? do u guys every frisk the words that u allow come out of u?

if u r not browsing in port harcourt then I advise u buy a phone that is gprs enabled!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by goodguy(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2006
dominobaby:

Has any glo subscriber noticed that lately glo has been taking away money indiscriminately? A friend was complaining to me that he first tried loading a 300 recharge card and after successfully loading it, he couldn't make a call, as they immediately told him he had insufficient credit, and upon checking his balance there and then, it was back to his previous balance! He's saying he wouldn't load any recharge card again until he gets an explanation and a refund from glo customer care, because this happened twice to him. A friend of his also attested to this and his was even worse as he lost five hundred naira TWICE!

I just knew that there was a way that this people would get back their money for their so called 'free calls'.

You are absolutely right.  Glo has milked N600 from me just within one month.  Those guys are criminals!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cushman(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2006
There's acute shortage of Celtel's 500 recharge voucher in the north.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by drogba(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2006
Can you guys imagine that it is actually cheaper to call a Celtel line from other networks? If that's the case, then why use Celtel? From my judgment, it's more cost effective to own both Glo and MTN lines, rather than a Celtel.

All you guys clamoring for Celtel probably work there and don't even know what's happening under your noses.

I believe Celtel must have acquired some debts with the purchase of Vmobile and are trying to hold off for as long as possible on the extra-high tariff to break even with the liabilities. I'm not prepared to pay for some stupid managers liabilities, so I'll rather be on MTN or Glo.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by otokx(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2006
@Cabali

mind your sef, my two sony ericsson handsets are browsing on both the glo and MTN networks. Here in Port Harcourt, in all the places I have been to except the celtel office there is no gprs network so stop making noise. This celtel guys are trying to displace MTel at the bottom of the table by using a seducing spirit.
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2006
u have glo and mtn? I wonder how u can categorically say there isnt gprs in port on celtel network! there needs to be a control on flipancy of ur lips

dont just speak out of emptiness for the 'post' of it! People speak here out of experience!

make ur post out of personal experience. anything apart from that, control running tongue or is it the fingers typing from emptiness?

JEEEEEZE!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by stillkay(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2006
undecided
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2006
let ur word be bond!!!!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by stillkay(m): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2006
angry
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2006
noticed u just have expressions with no words

we need echo dealt with here y'al
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by stillkay(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2006
short of words 4 now, still thinking
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2006
while u r at it, try calling the customer care centre of the following mtn 180, glo 121, celtel 111 then check for the following

1. time it takes to connect (ie the moment ur phone starts reading the secs)

2. time it takes to speak to a consultant.

3. Attitude (scale of 10)

4. friendliness.

am doing so now!
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by abdulgee(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2006
being an 0802/0808 (yes i have a line 4 each series) fan, i can assure everyone that celtel is gonna drop tariffs so low mtn/glo will have 2 do free calls peak period 2 compete. And 4 those dat dropped their lines, u will soon come back n miss d benefits 4 loyal customers tongue
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2006
@ abdul welcome to the thread
Re: What Is Celtel Doing? by cabali(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2006
cabali:

while you're at it, try calling the customer care centre of the following mtn 180, glo 121, celtel 111 then check for the following

1. time it takes to connect (ie the moment your phone starts reading the secs)

2. time it takes to speak to a consultant.

3. Attitude (scale of 10)

4. friendliness.

am doing so now!

time to connect ------- celtel 20secs first trial; mtn, still waiting, glo, 5secs after 9 trials

time it takes to speak with consultant---------celtel abt5mins, glo does not go through, mtn does not go through

attitude (including past recent experience) celtel 9, glo 5, mtn -2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? / Nokia Lumia 520: The Most Affordable Windows Phone Yet! / All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.