Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies - Crime (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies (66919 Views)

Exclusive! Sugabelly’s Alleged Rapist Marries Araraume’s Daughter / Mustapha Audu's Wife Curses Sugabelly; Defends Husband Over Rape Accusations / Sugabelly Speaks Out: 'Surviving Mustapha Audu & His Rape Brigade' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by DevilhimseIf: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2015
nobeku:
I will Embrace creativity, because am DUNDERHEAD... SHOCK ME... SAY SOMETHING INTELLIGENT... because am a product of dog's sperm
ok
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by DevilhimseIf: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2015
nobeku:
GASBAG!!!!!
Ikpu nne i
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2015
I have to tell you that no matter how long a lie is told, it can NEVER become truth. So her reiterating her lies since 2008 doesn't make it truth. In fact, as at 2008, she was still stalking this gentleman.

All you wrote are assumptions and they are in no way related in this case. His only sin was dumping her and that's no SIN! I am against rape but at the same time against falsely accusing people.

All her allegations are hogwash... ALL

baby124:

Well for one, all you wrote are assumptions. How do you explain a very important fact that this girl has been consistent with this story since 2008. How do you also explain women who are raped, beaten and humiliated by their husbands but even praise him more than this till he beats them dead? Such men are sick animals and how they manipulate women is not something you can understand. She is talking from a place of pain. So many times as teenagers adults scammed us and its when we look back as adults we see the scam. Teenagers are young m, naive and willing to please. They want to grow up fast and will probably take anything given to them to be seen amongst the happening crowd. It happened with almost every teenager. Now, when an adult takes advantage of that to use and abuse the teenager then that adult has crossed the line. He raped, abused and used this girl. If this case was brought before a competent judge, all of these guys will be paying heavy compensation. It is already established through an email that they had a sexual relationship. Even her reluctance to do so has been registered in this email, but the sex happened anyway. Be careful. I hope when you have girl children, you are not quick to tell them they are lying. As for this Mustapha, it's been speculated that he has quite a track record. If other girls come up what then? It is a popular tactic by a lot of Nigerian boys to use video's or pictures for blackmail. That in and of itself is sick. I hope she comes up with more evidence to shut you up. Always remember that when a girl says NO, even if it's your wife, it means NO. If you go ahead and force yourself on her, you have raped her, even if both of you are naked on the bed.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by prettyboi1(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2015
Otherique:
Going by her account, she was 17 when it happened.

But from the one you posted, she was 19, because she talked about Mustapha bailing out on her in her 18th birthday last year.

We were meant to believe the relationship lasted for 6months.

She doesn't sound unintelligent to me, am sure she understands the importance of Chat history, Moreover, she's written about the incident even before Gov. Audu's death on her blog and she shared a link, that's for those who's had to question why the unveiling now.

a possible cloned account could do similar job OP posted.

By the way, ex-Govs are still referred to as Gov, perhaps, she must have had to mix it up somewhere.

She never hid the fact that she was genuinely in love with Mustapha and they did lots of crazy things.

I am yet to arrive at a conclusion and it will be very unfair of you OP to rush into this conclusion.

This is exactly what I would have typed ....from beginning to end. I love your very central analysis of the entire situation.. you not trying to be over-critical of any of the involved parties. Cheers man.

3 Likes

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by JuanDeDios: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2015
mbulela:

There perverted view of sexuality and abuse is being accepted as the norm. We must resist it.
I am not surprised sha.
A society that sees nothing wrong with Olamide's STORY FOR THE GODS is a society that had normalized abuse and rationalizes rape and abuse.
Not all men are like that. We will not allow them stigmatize manhood with their perverted views.
That a girl willingly partook in an orgy today does not mean that you and your friends cannot gang rape her the next day.
I find it naive and daft of people to be using the fact that they were in a relationship as an alibi for the alleged abuses. Abuse and relationships are not mutually inexclusive.
I know a girl in her late teens whose boyfriend'idea of punishment was anal sex for every time she disobeyed him. The girl did not like anal sex but loved the boy. It took her opening up to her aunty who is a friend of mine (said aunty is in her late twenties) for the girl to find the courage to end the relationship and threaten the boy with a police case. Someone will come and tell me it was not abuse becuase the girl was still dating the boy.
Thank you.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2015
kinglekan:

Tonye the email exchange could have been doctored. I took time to go thru audu's profile on facebook and realised he got married on the 22nd of March 2008.

In one of the facebook snapshot, they had a chat on the 23rd of march as though things were still going on fine with them.

Can't you see that she was the one doing the stalking? And who told you that men don't have affairs even when married? Who told you that it is forbidden to keep female pals when married? This means nothing
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Pidggin(f): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Jeloma:
I no talk am? And y'all even proved your gullibility by believing the silly made up stories without any proof. Rape is a very serious accusation, and why would I just start calling an alleged rape victim a liar for no reason?? Sugabelly has taken her lies too far this time(quote)

Wetin you talk before? Did the accused say he doesn't know her? Mind you, he is trying to defend himself through a lawyer, shouldn't that make you suspicious? If sugabelly is lying why didn't he face her himself why is he hiding behind a lawyer? Please shift to one side jor, you are clueless.

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Tonyebarcanista
u do realise ur analysis has been largely political and that I've based all ur aĺlegationsbon those biased emails she sent at d beginning of homer relationship anyways?
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by bellville: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2015
Laredojohn:
The whole story has some facts the sugarbelly gal was quite loose at a tender age, exposed to guys and her parent less concerned, nowadays u even find gals less than 20 who have had abortions series of times, those defending her need know that the most gals of nowadays are more wild and corrupt
The fact that a girl is wild or not a virgin does not give any man or group of men the right to rape her. A girl not being a virgin is no defence to rape. Even a prostitute can allege rape if she didn't consent to sex.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by queenfav(f): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Some people believe in mob action without asking for facts. Like this poster...

Gang raped by who and who? Who were the gang rapist and at what point did that happen? Before, during or after the relationship? Who stalks her gang-rapists? Was her mum also aware of it?
guy,I tire o.The fact is that Nigerians are so hypocritical that they give in to pointless emotions void of logic and analytical thinking.There are a lot of questions to be asked,but most people just want to come off as sympathetic rather than realistic.Go on twitter and read @villageparrot's tweets on this issue.The guy has been called all sorts of names for asking the right questions and pointing out what many are too sentimental to consider.The matter don tire me sef,I am not related to both parties.Let the mud-slinging continue while I observe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Jeloma: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2015
What the fvck are you saying?? When did I ever defend the alleged rapist? I only said the sugabelly girl was a liar, and that I don't believe her story a bit. Didn't you hear when I said that I don't give a fvck about the family in question? They could be a bunch or rapists, yes, but sugabelly was definitely not a victim. Pls if you want to believe a story with no proof or evidence, go on ahead. Gullible African.
Onegai:

Do you realise that people who went to school with this Mustapha and know of him, are not defending him?

Yet here you are, passionately fighting for a man you have never set your eyes on. Good on you! embarassed

Seriously I do sincerely hope you get paid for your hard work.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by dBard: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You keep repeating her lies. She said...She said... Can't you see that it was a relationship gone bad? If indeed his cousin assaulted her, where was that stated in her mails and why woulld she be stalking the guy even when he chooses to let her be? I put it to you that she's a bloody LIAR! She was NOT a minor at 17(we aren't in the USA), the whole event happened in FCT and it was Consensual. You know of NO fact but only reteirating her lies.

..and you conveniently missed out where I stated that she had talked/alluded to all this in her blog which she set up 7-8 years ago...wen d Audu in question was practically unknown to most.
Whatever she did, was done cos she's in love. The same way a girl will have unprotected sex with her b.f tho she knows better, The same way a girl in love will try out anal sex or whatever to please her partner.
Besides, SHE WAS 17.

Stop défending the indefensible
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by dazekid(m): 8:55am On Nov 28, 2015
I will say it again, if this case goes to (a neutral) justice serving court, "Sugabelly" is much more defensible the accused.
One thing some of you have failed to understand is that rape and forced sex are not the same thing. Rape is sex with a person without his or permission, you can give a girl a bubble bath, offer her the finest champagne and escargot but if you have sex with her without her permission, that is rape. Those of you who say she obviously enjoyed it are oblivious of that fact. All of this is completely circumstantial and although TonyeBarcanista has made some very valid and logical observations, he has failed to read between the lines, he is not to blame though because we live in a country where rape victims are slut-shamed which is exactly what is happening here.
Now these are the facts:
1. Whether or not what you would like to call rape occurred, she was 17 at the time so he could not have her permission. Except he has proof from her parents which shows that he was allowed to have sex with her, he wa raping her all through.
2. There is a three year time line to the events referenced in this ordeal. 2007 was the year the raping occurred and per Sugabelly's own testimony, there were still conversations after she left the country (because she was strung on him) for years after.
3. 17 is considered a young age in any country(think Kylie Jenner and Tyga). Even though their relationship was completely consensual, Tyga was still branded a pedophile and had to wait till she turned 18 before anything could happen.
4. She was still quite impressionable. She was just out of high school for crying out loud. Extensive research has shown that habits picked up in those years do very much shape up the rest of your life.
5. She is on prescription medications for trauma treatment. For those of you who don't know how this works, it means that there was an experience that she had that was difficult to bear. Very likely rape could do it.
6. Love is blind. With how crazy and vibrant the nairaland romance section is, I find it insane that we are condemning her sexual preferences here. It doesn't matter if you like getting gang banged, what matters is that the parties involved are permitted.
7. If she was in love, considering her age and all other facts, she might not even have been aware of how fact that she had been abused. Passion is an actual consideration in law, she could easily have been blinded by it.
8. The emails posted start off at 2008. Obviously there had been emails before and even after that. I am almost certain that there would be emails that indict Mr. Mustapha unless he decides to tamper with evidence, a problem which the cloud can easily fix.
9. Now the crazy thing here is that there is an actual journal in existence that is admissible in a courtroom. I shit you not, the sugar belly blog has been up since before the rape/relationship events in 2007. The blog serves as evidence to corroborate he current testimony.
The truth of the matter is that we are very tolerant of rape in this country and condone it too willingly, which leaves the victims in shame and fear of so many random things that inevitably lead to trauma.
I am not defending Sugabelly, neither am I accusing Mr. Mustapha but facts are facts an one more fact is that the release of this email exchange means that the accused's lawyers don't really have a case to build on in the first place, it is her word against theirs and right now her word weighs a lot more (she has not a case in a Federal court, neither has she been accused of fraud by a Federal agency) and what they are doing here I trying to discredit her and reduce the value of her word, lucky for her she has all of it in writing.
Remember people, facts are facts, the law does not operate based on sentiment but on facts and logic and logic says she can win this case. She just needs to hire good lawyers.
The entire fact of the matter is that most of us are being selective with our reasoning and are being purely sentimental. I will echo the statement I made in my prior post, this email release more than anything else strengthens her case. The details in the exchange have been referenced on her blog so logically, if you are to believe the parts of the story that make you call her a slut, then you should be able to believe the parts of the story where she makes accusations. She is quite eloquent and her c has been made for her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2015
queenfav:
guy,I tire o.The fact is that Nigerians are so hypocritical that they give in to pointless emotions void of logic and analytical thinking.There are a lot of questions to be asked,but most people just want to come off as sympathetic rather than realistic.Go on twitter and read @villageparrot's tweets on this issue.The guy has been called all sorts of names for asking the right questions and pointing out what many are too sentimental to consider.The matter don tire me sef,I am not related to both parties.Let the mud-slinging continue while I observe.
Her mission is simply to destroy Mustapha and his family. She's only frustrated!
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Jeloma: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2015
SMH! Gullible African. Continue to believe a story with no concrete evidence. So being rational and logical makes me clueless? Oya now, no yawa.[quote author=Pidggin post=40479987][/quote]
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2015
kinglekan:

Tonye you keep hinging all this on mails that do not clearly take rocket science to edit.

Those mails are not even admissible in court and last time i checked we don't have forensics that can help prove the legitimacy of the mails.

I agree that she might have been fixated on the guy but still doesnt take the fact that there is some iota of truth in it.

She might be grasping at straws no doubt but the fact that she has been talking about this incidence since the inception of her blog makes it difficult for one to think its all a sham.

#JustSaying

You are now using 'might'... Let her come and deny those email and facebook messages.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Pidggin(f): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2015
Jeloma:
SMH! Gullible African. Continue to believe a story with no concrete evidence. So being rational and logical makes me clueless? Oya now, no yawa.

He took advantage of her and raped her severally in the process, if you are being rational or logical you will know that a 25 year old irresponsible man dating a 17 year old loose girl will end up like this. He was and is still an Azzwhole(deliberate mispell), now they want to impose these useless breeds on Kogi people.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by neighbourhud: 9:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Vanquay:
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Here is the full version cheesy grin

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Generalkorex(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista made sense for the 2nd time.

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by BodyKiss(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2015
Laredojohn:
The whole story has some facts the sugarbelly gal was quite loose at a tender age, exposed to guys and her parent less concerned, nowadays u even find gals less than 20 who have had abortions series of times, those defending her need know that the most gals of nowadays are more wild and corrupt

In that case rape is justified? I don't get how you people reason.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Godpinkin(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What abuse? Was she abused before, during or after the affair? Oh, please spare us with she was 17. This is Nigeria that 16years old dates 60years old men. We are all witnesses to this.

if you think this Nigeria and 16 years date and have sex with 60 years adult is normal,Then you seriously need help. An adult having sex with an underage (17) is an Abuse.@ TonyeBarcanista, Now, I can clearly understand why you think left sided.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2015
There isa part in d email when she sid she hated beds because of rape and other things and she was going to explain to him later why?

Either this girl has been Raped before she met him or she is just setting. Him up .if u have every had an obseesed relationship you will understand that they can do an dsay anything to get sympathy.

You will surprised that she might still be begging him to come back.

But on the other hand maybe the guy found out her fear for rape and organised one against the girl maybe because she cheated on him with his friends or just to chase are away.

Nigerians think and don't be quick to judge
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by tonychristopher: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2015
IlekeHD:

I said she sounds like a typical igbo girl nnamdi kanu warned us about.....ashewo runz things.

Look @ FFK's GF for starter....or the Ibo chick [Yobo's MIL] that was running after Fashanu before he divorced her.....

Your girls are known for throwing their dignity away for money.

Hope this aint the case.

But tell me the truth .. In your family how many was born out of wedlock , just look around and tell me how many of your women that had children from different men
Tell me also how many are divorced

Let's not do this ....Mr saint
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by beautyerhu86(f): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
N/B: Read The Article Before Commenting.

I have been following the story between Miss aka Sugabelly and Mustapha Audu, the son of the late Chief Abubakar Audu. I have watched the reaction of people especially madam Oby Ezekwesili and Hon Abike Dabiri, and I must say that their position on this matter is illogical, embarrassing and unfair to Mustapha Audu and humanity. Let us look at the issue @ hand.

THE MAJOR LIES IN @Sugarbelly's ALLEGATION:
Lie Number One: Audu Abubakar Was Not The Governor As At 2007/8:

Firstly, the so called accuser @Sugabelly alleged that the late Audu Abubakar condoned the 'ficticious' rape just because he was the Governor of Kogi state. This is very far from the truth because Audu Abubakar was elected Governor in 1998, and served between 1999 and May 29, 2003 when he was defeated by Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, who served from 2003 to 2011. He couldn't have used the office of Governor to condone rape when he wasn't the Governor then. In fact, he never ascended to the office after 2003 till his unfortunate demise.

Lie Number 2: False Claim of Friends Gang rape:
I had to read the email exchange between miss Sugabelly and Mustapha, on this said FB message, she was the one apologising to Mustapha Audu for FLIRTING with Audu's friend. From the tone of the message, one will see that Mustapha was the jealous type that got angry because Sugabelly was flirting with his friend. (See paragraph two of the screenshot)

So where does the gang rape story come from? How can a jealous BF allow his friends to have canal knowledge of his GF?

Lie Number 3: False Claim of Rape:
In one of the mails @Sugabelly sent to Mustapha, she was recounting their "sweet memories" and when you look at one of their memories, you will see that both of them had consensual romp and sex. In fact, she was excited recalling some hot memories...

She even talked about their crazy street sex that they had everynight at different streets...

See what she said after their first sex...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3127447_img20151127235321_jpege980f22b08777db1add197931442a60e

@Sugabelly's Mum Was Aware of The Relationship:
While many erroneously assumed that Mustapha Audu took advantage of the Sugabelly of a character, the truth is that her mother was very much aware of their relationship. In the mail sent to Mustapha by Sugabelly, she made reference of her mom not being happy with Mustapha. Pls see...

Pray tell, was this a relationship or rape?

Mustapha DUMPED Her Because He Didn't Trust Her:
From one of her plea email for a comeback to Mustapha, the so-called rape victim even admitted that Mustapha didn't trust her, and was trying to appeal to his emotion for his trust. Maybe he was right not trusting her with her baseless allegation

Please, does relationship turn sour equate rape? Why victimise an innocent man that is mourning his father?

Concluding...
I put it to @Sugabelly that she was never raped but only trying to blackmail a man that she once loved after all her plea for a comeback failed.

I put it to Madam Oby Ezekwesilli and Hon Abike Dabiri that they are embarrassing to the HIGHEST order for taking a position without a holistic probe of the event. I put it to Oby that she's an hypocrite raised to power ten for knowing the truth and concealing it in order to blackmail an innocent man that is mourning the death of his father just because she's a friend to @Sugabelly's mother.

I am proud and happy to take the time and pains to put this up for the cause of defending an innocent man.

For the record, I wasn't paid nor hired to do this. My love for justice motivated me.

May God Bless All Sincere Nigerians and Lovers of Humanity

This girl has been voicing out her rape story for years and no one gave a listening ear. Mr TonyeBarcinister, where were you when the likes of known bloggers were following her stories? You just woke up one morning, to read the story been dugged out by the media, the best you could do was to accuse without verifying. Even the rapist wife has paid some computer literate guys to do this just to tarnish the innocent girl's image so that she can become Mrs 1st lady by all means. Let me tell you one thing, women are enemies of themselves. Some can even arrange for their friends to be raped, so its not a new thing.
I won't even be surprise if you are a rapist yourself because the way you defend this Audus really shows you ain't different from them. Rapist Anuofia like you
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Jeloma: 9:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Yh I agree He's a total asshole and sex maniac and he totally took advantage of the fact that she was so obsessed with him. All the freaky stuff they did was totally consented by her and when the whole thing turned sour, she decided to scream rape. My own is that she should stop lyng and the mustapha dude will surely meet his waterloo
Pidggin:

He took advantage of her and raped her severally in the process, if you are being rational or logical you will know that a 25 year old irresponsible man dating a 17 year old loose girl will end up like this. He was and is still an Azzwhole(deliberate mispell), now they want to impose these useless breeds on Kogi people.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by agabusta: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2015
JuanDeDios:

I don’t think she wrote any of those for public consumption. Yes, there is statutory rape essentially.

I guess u didn't read her tweets? She used that word to describe when he had sex with her.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Rex123(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2015
phabulux:

Seriously, some of you are just purely dumb!

It's possible for you to ra...pe someone you've had sex with. The difference between the two is 'concurrence'.

The only problem I have with her story is her coming out NOW.

Will you shut up my friend? Have you read the email convo? We not talking about possibilities! She is just a love burnt girl looking for some sort of redemption! By the way, it is was rape why did she continue going there?
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by delpee(f): 9:29am On Nov 28, 2015
As a mother, I feel so touched by Sugar belly's predicament. A 17 year old lady with a deep crush on a man she's easily accessible to but who has no love for her is a disaster waiting to happen. Our men should learn to view any woman they come across in the light of their sister, daughter, mum, aunt etc so as to be more careful in the decisions they make. Apart from prostitutes (some of who badly need help) most women expect to be treated with some love and respect.

Sugarbelly was obviously too naive, grossly unexposed and probably not so close to her family. She should have confided in someone truly but it seems she was desperate to hold on to him and too scared to let go because of the anticipated consequences. They had videos of her doing those terrible things and her naked pictures which Mustapha has confirmed in a way.

To Mustapha and those castigating her, I wish you well. Remember though that you have women that you love in your lives. Karma does have a way of doing things.

To Sugarbelly, the Lord will surely strengthen and uphold you. You'll get out of this and still be great by God's grace. You've taken the right step by trying to clear your mind instead of losing it. Many young girls ( and hopefully boys) and parents will learn from this. The almighty God will lift you up again and we'll hear your name in worthy ventures in Jesus name. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by bigW(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2015
PVL:
Tonyebarcanista

You claim to be a guy who craves justice but you're blind to the little details here.

He was 25 and she was 17, a minor. Did you miss that? How could you? I know how; because you had already concluded about the whole case from the start.

You're like every other Nigerian that assumes, in a rape case, that the lady is a LovePeddler and the successful Nigerian man, or man in whatever status, is the righteous victim. You say stuff like "she provoked him jo... Why did she carry her two legs to his house... She enjoyed it jo"... She was 17, in a relationship and supposedly in love or rather, obsessed with her abuser!

Secondly, the two stories from corroborate the fact that they indeed where in a consensual relationship from the beginning. It was a "normal" relationship but Sugabelly would later find out that the guy she was in love with had(has) more shades that makes Christian Grey in 50 shades of grey look like a toddler rocking a pacifier.

There are pictures of Mr Audu and the named "alleged co-rapists" shared by Sugabelly and its safe to assume that they were friends.

I suppose what you're finding it hard to understand is why she still stalked and kept in touch with him, even begging for audience, after the very sad incident. Well, I'll tell you. At the age that she was, she definitely had an emotional attachment to her abuser. In her head, at the time, the other guys raping her were just her perceived punishment for not being "woman" enough for Mr Audu. Its sad. It's psychological. It must have been hell being Sugabelly all these years. I do not wish the same for anybody.

I'm 27 and I know how vulnerable I was when I was 17. I understand Sugabelly and I stand with her.

I had heard about her on twitter and thought she had a pretty high opinion about herself. Thought she was a really proud person and never liked her until now; its true what they say..."You never know the battles others are fighting..."

For all the ppl going on and on talking about how "rotten" or spoilt she WAS for having sex and sending nudes and doing all sorts of sexual acts with this Mr. Audu. First and foremost, see how I emphasises "was"? Yes? Past tense, ppl. It's in the past. She was 17, vulnerable and inexperienced (ref: to where she said she hadn't seen a man's unclothedness in full detail until she saw his). Condemn the act and not the person. She made her mistakes, let nobody bury her for that. The only evil going on right now is the truth that everybody is refusing to see, choosing rather to kill and mutate into something they expect the society to overlook.

Its sad Sugabelly had to go through all these and I pray she finds true clossure. Hopefully she already has.

If you wia vulnerable or inexperienced wen u wia 17 how does dat make it d fault of ours dat knew our onions, Dia r ppl dat r 16 dat r in d University now and r doing very fine.. yes d guy did bad things but please IA so dis question, y go back to someone Dat hurt u again and again, I know we say emotions r strong but I think is high time we all receive our senses back wen it comes to issues of d heart... unless we go just remain for shackles wey nobody put us, I still say it it goes down to parental upbringing atyms and d freedom we give our kids and not discussing relationship issues wen due, esp at d teenage years.. wen d yearns for sum tins get stronger
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by MathsChic(f): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2015
mbulela:

I know a girl in her late teens whose boyfriend'idea of punishment was anal sex for every time she disobeyed him. The girl did not like anal sex but loved the boy. It took her opening up to her aunty who is a friend of mine (said aunty is in her late twenties) for the girl to find the courage to end the relationship and threaten the boy with a police case. Someone will come and tell me it was not abuse becuase the girl was still dating the boy.
Thanks a million for this opinion. This story above sums it up brilliantly. Abuse and relationship are two different things.
Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Ghost01(m): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2015
The stories have finally started adding up. She made it sound as if it was abuse from A to Z in her initial disjointed outbursts.

She claimed it was rape and sexual assault and all that and that she contemplated changing her place of work but didn't want to spook her parents.

Now we know the mom was aware, she kept on working where she worked and kept going out with him because the going was rosy, and that two years after the whole fiasco, she was still professing her love for him.

Does that sound like something that happens between a rapist and the victim?

Thanks for this scintillating piece, TonyeBarcanista. Hard to believe I'm eulogising you for a write-up. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies by Sunymoore(m): 9:51am On Nov 28, 2015
erekoshe:

I agree a bitter lover is a terrible thing.. But again, ranting for nearly a decade for a lady her age is way out of the ordinary, something definitely went wrong. Chats and Emails proved things aren't right.. Exchanging mails a day after the guy got married and everything was like normal, that's abnormal..

I know those guys well enough, inasmuch as I don't want to judge, they're capable of such. But again, the pieces of evidence are sketchy, so only a judge or jury can unveil the truth.
You're right.. All our conclusions boils down to judge or jury to do their job.. You're reasonable.. I enjoyed our discussion.. Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

“Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) / Abuja Babe Drags Man To Court For Refusing To Pay After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.