Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun (22674 Views)

Rep Storms Out Of Plenary Over Motion For FG To Present Record Of Recovered Loot / Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Former NNPC GMD Admits Ownership Of Recovered $9.8 Million Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Okimski(m): 4:28am On Nov 28, 2015
Despite claims that his administration has recovered stolen money from previous government officials, President Muhammadu Buhari, it was disclosed, is yet to give details of the recovery to the Federal Ministry of Finance.

Addressing journalists in Abuja at the end of the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting in Abuja on Friday, the Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, when asked how much had been recovered from those who looted the treasury, said President Buhari was yet to provide the ministry with details of how much had been recovered but the recovery process was ongoing.

The minister did not say if the recovery had been lodged into the federation account to be shared by the three tiers of government or was still domiciled in a separate government account pending further directive from the president.

The recovered money became an issue at the October 2015 FAAC briefing when the finance minister stated that funds available for disbursement at the end of the meeting was more than the amount shared in the previous month.

She also said that the ministry was doing everything within its powers to increase revenue for the federation.

At the end of the FAAC meeting, the Federal, State and Local governments shared a total sum of N473.83 billion for the October 2015 Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting.

This set of allocations to the three tiers of government marked a pleasant departure from the previous months of falling allocations.

The October 2015, FAAC disbursements, the finance minister said, represents an increase of N83.89 billion compared to the N389.93 billion distributed in September.

Adeosun, who presided over her first FAAC meeting as Minister of Finance, gave the breakdown of disbursements to journalists shortly after the month’s FAAC meeting which began at 5pm and lasted up till 8:09 p.m.

The minister said the amount shared comprised of revenue from statutory sources made up of N388.59 billion and Value Added Tax, N57.78 billion. Of this amount, the statutory allocation to the three tiers of government, she said, was the Federal Government N191.99 billion, States governments N97.38 billion and local governments N75.07 billion.

Adeosun also said the sum of N24.14 billion was allocated to the oil producing states based on the 13 per cent derivation principle. While under the Value Added Tax (VAT), allocations, the Federal Government received N8.66 billion, states governments pocketed N28.89 billion and local governments were given N20.22 billion to share.

She put the gross statutory revenue for the month of October at N400.31bn stating that this was higher than the N321.99bn received in the month of September.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-yet-to-give-finance-ministry-details-of-recovered-loot-adeosun/

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Okimski(m): 4:33am On Nov 28, 2015
Finance minister don't know about the money then, what is the use of the finance minister?
Baba one chance indeed

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by GudluckIBB(m): 4:36am On Nov 28, 2015
If its possible for Buhari to rule this country alone without ministers, he will unfotunately, he can't.

No one knows it all. Even God who knows it all has Angels in heaven.

I hope I'm not getting tired of Buhari.I voted and supported him but things are rather too slow.

.....But I will still say. Sai Buhari so that wailers will be dissapointed.
God help Nigeria.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

One chance govt

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by ademega(m): 4:53am On Nov 28, 2015
o ya over to you haters

they will always say something funny.
this is your time enjoy till it lasts.
Buhari will change this country for good despite her challenges

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by naijaking1: 4:56am On Nov 28, 2015
Something tells me that this minister trying to fill Ngozi Iweala big shoes wouldn't last long under Buhari

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by MayorofLagos(m): 5:00am On Nov 28, 2015
Will someone please tell Mrs Adeosun to keep a gele on her head for God's sake!

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by baby124: 5:01am On Nov 28, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Will someone please tell Mrs Adeosun to keep a gele on her head for God's sake!

Why? What's wrong? Why must she tie gele?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by tyson99(m): 5:02am On Nov 28, 2015
Just passing.........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by dustmalik: 5:05am On Nov 28, 2015
So, OP, you decided to give us your useless opinion on behalf of the minister of finance, abi? Where is your source?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by ojeota(f): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2015
Sourcesage?

If it is true that means he forgot, you know, he have been travelling.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by mazeltov(m): 6:11am On Nov 28, 2015
naijaking1:
Something tells me that this minister trying to fill Ngozi Iweala big shoes wouldn't last long under Buhari
which big shoes?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Ikengawo: 6:25am On Nov 28, 2015

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2015
Chai!! This woman don fall old bubu's hand!! I hope he dosent fire her incompetent ass (assuming this story is true anyway)

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by shepherd77: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2015
A wailer is above me.

Please take note.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by abiambo(m): 7:15am On Nov 28, 2015
Just to inform the APC led federal govt. That the last assembly pass the right to information bill.. when it's about our money or our sodiers, we Nigerians have the right to be properly informed. We say no to dictatorship, u have a responsibility to keep us informed about our commonwealth. A whole 105 killed and u cover it up, u claim billions are being returned, u cover it up, who told dem dey have such right
#Proudly5%

118 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Flets: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2015
Buhari might be the biggest thief ever. He might have been distracting Nigerians while accumulating the loot of his life.

Besides such man who rose to presidency on the most corrupt platform ever funded by loots from Amaechi and Tinubu has no moral right to fight corruption. He's even more corrupt than most.

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by emmasege: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2015
baby124:

Why? What's wrong? Why must she tie gele?
Because the concerned fellow is a Sharia law proponent. By their contributions on social media, you shall know them.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by oshyno(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2015
Confused bunchs. Mchewww

How can a whole minister not be in the know of the money . I thought they opened TSA. Isn't that money supposed to be there for onward disbursement to 3 tiers of govt. I can now authoritatively tell u ladies n gentlemen that nobody has returned any money. Bubu is just tryn to show d international community that his anti corruption war is paying off.

I concure with what one guy said that Buhari is just in Aso rock to enjoy himsef after many yrs of taking a shot at d presidency and no amount of wailing n screaming will make him change. If the noise becomes too much, he takes d next available flight to anywhere but Nigeria.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2015
That Old man called BUHARI has pocketed the Returned LOOTS shocked shocked shocked shocked
Just like OBJ did...no wonder they are best friends now

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Chubhie: 7:48am On Nov 28, 2015
GudluckIBB:
If its possible for Buhari to rule this country alone without ministers, he will.
He is very capable of that.
Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by otil1: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2015
No single dime has been recovered my people.

Returned money that minister of finance does not know about amounts to no money returned.

Meanwhile, madam finance minister has kicked off on a wrong note by contradicting n0. 1

She should watch it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by ShowYourCertificate: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2015
I have always known Buhari to be an ordinary senile dullard. I never knew he was a lying senile dullard undecided

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by looseweight: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2015
Noko haram finances comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by kennyman2000(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by autotrader014(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2015
Baba one chance, i see you.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by kekakuz(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2015
] Hmmmmmmmm so where is he recovering the money into.]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by Funjosh(m): 8:06am On Nov 28, 2015
She is beautiful cool

Dear Nairalanders Light had a successful surgery yesterday and she is still at the ICU. Check my signature for more details thanks smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Yet To Give Finance Ministry Details Of Recovered Loot — Adeosun by kinglekan: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2015

Ok o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari At Imo Annual August Meeting - Pictures / DSS Arrests IPOB Members In Enugu For Disruption (Photos) / Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.