Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations (10226 Views)

My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations / Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by DzTzl(f): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
No matter what the Abdul & co says I don't think I cn believe them, For crying out loud this lady was just 17 she was a child & to them she was a play thing, tbh @ her age it will be very difficult to differentiate between love & infatuation. I only blame her for not telling sm1 (she might hv bn afraid of perpetrators parents), if dre s 1 thing I hv learnt so far,is the need for mothers and daughters to be best of friends.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Onegai(f): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Jahblessme:
@cococandy
It's not that she's popular..I found her blog when she started and it just was morbid and realish..
Always talking about Bakura.I was always wondering how a person could be so miserable.People always tried to encourage her but she just could never got better..From one dark story to another,sometimes just one line.I had to stop reading cos of the gloom and so much mental suffering she wrote about.
But she's so talented and her stories about her illustrations so beautiful.
I'm now more determined to raise my children up to be healthy emotionally..I'd rather my child is over confident than suffering low self esteem abeg.

Even that over-confidence is. dangerous. I remember in uni, boys planning for girls because "they were feeling too big" or lecturers telling students "that thing you are keeping that you think. is. so. precious, I will taste it. or you won't graduate".

I've told Baby E's dad that I'm heading to that shooting range in Ogun state. I don't believe in the a Nigerian justice system and I'm smart enough to get away with murder. I will train my child to see the average Naija man as a monster until proven innocent (let anyone who is pained go and hug a live transformer). I know what i went through myself.

Do they think it is today or this case these politicians' kids behave as if they own human beings? Do you think the corruption and rot in their parent's souls doesn't affect the. child?

Sugabelly is certainly not innocent, but it. is baffling to me that they are expecting a 17 year old girl to make better decisions than a 25 year old man and blaming her.

What stopped that 25 year old guy from finding a consenting 22 year old woman to join his games? He is guilty of statutory rape because He has admitted to a relationship with her when she was legally underage. Shikena. He is not even the problem (I've rarely met a sane child of a politician), but the average guy on the street is defending him...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
Lol @Onegai until proven innocent.
It's not that bad Na. shocked

First let me be clear I'm not defending anyone much less this guy in question.
I'm speaking for the average guy and girl out there who are first to blame victims of rape.
Some are not evil horrible people per se. The culture bred that kind of attitude into them.

Women's sexuality is policed to no end and men are left a free hand to do as they wish. And hypocrisy is made to sound normal.
The result is what we see everyday.

Even unconsciously without realizing they are doing so, the look for how to exonerate the man and shame the woman in matters of sexual misconduct because papa Okonkwo who lived 1000yrs ago said that's how nature made it.

1 Like

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Onegai(f): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
cococandy:
Lol @Onegai until proven innocent.
It's not that bad Na. shocked

First let me be clear I'm not defending anyone much less this guy in question.
I'm speaking for the average guy and girl out there who are first to blame victims of rape.
Some are not evil horrible people per se. The culture bred that kind of attitude into them.

Women's sexuality is policed to no end and men are left a free hand to do as they wish. And hypocrisy is made to sound normal.
The result is what we see everyday.

Even unconsciously without realizing they are doing so, the look for how to exonerate the man and shame the woman in matters of sexual misconduct because papa Okonkwo who lived 1000yrs ago said that's how nature made it.

Don't say it's not that bad. I know someone who at 14 took swimming lessons at Ikoyi club. She was the smallest child ever, in thick glasses and certainly no Boobs or curves. The entire lesson, the older male instructor kept sliding his fingers under her bathing suit into her crotch. This terrified child would remove his hand and he would chill for a few. minutes, then fingers would. head back in. All this happened in broad daylight and since she was an inexperienced child, she began to. shiver and go even more quiet (that is the behaviour of most women when attacked, they retreat into. themselves). Finally. she. couldn't take. it anymore and whispered that her stomach was paining her so class should. end. Her fear and anguish reduced her to whispers.

Years later, when she was telling some guys the story, half of them blamed her for not shouting and acting like a combo of Voltron and Super Girl and beating him up, the rest half of those guys laughed and said she must have been enjoying it that was why she was quiet.

Even when. it's wrong, their minds instinctively go on the defense to the male accuser. Until that mindset changes, every man is a potential rapist in my eyes. Yes, family included (na dem worss pass sef). We need to stop defending the inexcusable.

There are good guys out there, but how am I to know which one is good until I'm in a compromising situation? It's upto them to defend their manhood and reclaim the honor that should be theirs by telling their peers to stop. After all, they keep. writing us women lists for How to keep a man, Ladies maintain your shape, Submission in Marriage etc so let them start weeding out the bad apples.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
pity party

3 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
You ladies are making a mockery of real rape victims. You ought to be ashamed.

6 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:

What is your point?

4 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Really terrible
Onegai:

Don't say it's not that bad. I know someone who at 14 took swimming lessons at Ikoyi club. She was the smallest child ever, in thick glasses and certainly no Boobs or curves. The entire lesson, the older male instructor kept sliding his fingers under her bathing suit into her crotch. This terrified child would remove his hand and he would chill for a few. minutes, then fingers would. head back in. All this happened in broad daylight and since she was an inexperienced child, she began to. shiver and go even more quiet (that is the behaviour of most women when attacked, they retreat into. themselves). Finally. she. couldn't take. it anymore and whispered that her stomach was paining her so class should. end. Her fear and anguish reduced her to whispers.

Years later, when she was telling some guys the story, half of them blamed her for not shouting and acting like a combo of Voltron and Super Girl and beating him up, the rest half of those guys laughed and said she must have been enjoying it that was why she was quiet.

Even when. it's wrong, their minds instinctively go on the defense to the male accuser. Until that mindset changes, every man is a potential rapist in my eyes. Yes, family included (na dem worss pass sef). We need to stop defending the inexcusable.

There are good guys out there, but how am I to know which one is good until I'm in a compromising situation? It's upto them to defend their manhood and reclaim the honor that should be theirs by telling their peers to stop. After all, they keep. writing us women lists for How to keep a man, Ladies maintain your shape, Submission in Marriage etc so let them start weeding out the bad apples.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:
pls what's real rape?

If an underaged girl freely gave herself to a man and even pursued him vehemently until he agreed to do it, doesn't it count as rape?
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by AfroKnight: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hmmm. You have a point. She may call it anything but can she really call it rape? It was consensual. That much is clear.

This story of hers has an opportunistic stink to it.

The comments here are interesting. Funny, someone wrote that "most" men have had sex with minors. This is reaching. Well, unless you mean teenagers having sex but then the male is hardly a man at that age.

Don't let emotions run amok. This looks more like blackmail considering the timing of this "revelation".

1 Like

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
I think people who are blaming the girl are silly.

I mean, everyone knows the average 17yr old girl lacks the mental capacity to tell right from wrong, to know good from evil, to distinguish between what is moral and what isnt. The average 17yr old girl is a walking zombie and easily manipulated. I mean, just walk up to any 17yrs old girl on the street and whisper sweet words in her ear, telling her you will give her heaven on earth if only she allows you take nude pics of her and engage in sex videos; and you'll see them fall like a pack of cards. They are more or less children and cannot fend for themselves.

Its a wonder some parents allow their 17yr old daughters gain admission into the university at all, I mean, whose going to watch out for them there, knowing the amount of evil sexual predators in the outside world and knowing she doesn't have the mental capacity to think for herself? All it takes is for a random guy to walk up to her and tell her he loves her and she's all confused and manipulated and will do anything including engaging in repeated sexual orgies with him. What a terrible world we live in! These girls ought to be kept under lock and key until they are 18yrs of age when some magical power will bestow upon them the mental acumen to make right decisions and to act responsibly. It happens magically at the age of 18 dontcha know?

Of course none of the good and virtuous women commenting here were disvirgined until they were well past 18years old. I mean, if any of them were, it would mean they were manipulated and raped as well. But that's beside the point. Its not their responsibility. they didnt know what they were doing. Because they were 17 years or less at the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
You still haven't made a point.

Yes we were all raped under age 18. So what? Playing the slut shaming card to shut people up?

It means we even have a bigger reason to understand what those teenagers who feel they were mature enough to engage in sexual activities with adults go through when they grow up and realize they'd been foolish and let adults take advantage of them.

Since 18 isn't the official consent age now according to your post, what should we make it? 10? 12?
I can't say 13 because obviously a 13yr old knows wrong from right and so should be responsible for their actions.

Or wait I've an idea. we could make it vary according to individual. That'd make more sense.
If 18 is adult and we say there's really no difference between 17 and 18, as there's not much difference between 16 n 17, then it also follows that a 16 yr old should be held responsible and so should a 15 yr old since there's really no difference between 15 and 16. And so on
We could justify that all the way into the womb.
Just to avoid putting the blame where it belongs.

Tsssk undecided

5minsmadness:

I mean, everyone knows the average 17yr old girl lacks the mental capacity to tell right from wrong, to know good from evil, to distinguish between what is moral and what isnt. The average 17yr old girl is a walking zombie and easily manipulated. I mean, just walk up to any 17yrs old girl on the street and whisper sweet words in her ear, telling her you will give her heaven on earth if only she allows you take nude pics of her and engage in sex videos; and you'll see them fall like a pack of cards. They are more or less children and cannot fend for themselves.

Its a wonder some parents allow their 17yr old daughters gain admission into the university at all, I mean, whose going to watch out for them there, knowing the amount of evil sexual predators in the outside world and knowing she doesn't have the mental capacity to think for herself? All it takes is for a random guy to walk up to her and tell her he loves her and she's all confused and manipulated and will do anything including engaging in repeated sexual orgies with him. What a terrible world we live in! These girls ought to be kept under lock and key until they are 18yrs of age when some magical power will bestow upon them the mental acumen to make right decisions and to act responsibly. It happens magically at the age of 18 dontcha know?

Of course none of the good and virtuous women commenting here were disvirgined until they were well past 18years old. I mean, if any of them were, it would mean they were manipulated and raped as well. But that's beside the point. Its not their responsibility. they didnt know what they were doing. Because they were 17 years or less at the time.

6 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Onegai(f): 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness post

Please answer these questions honestly:

1. If you travelled to a Western country and got hit on romantically by a beautiful high school senior who was everything you've fantasised about but was just turned17, would you sleep with her?

2. If i shot you and had a phone (with several names in the address book) in my hand with just enough credit for one phone call to save your life and made you pick whom to give it to, would you pick a 17 year old or a 25 year old?

Btw, I didn't have sex till I was in uni and over 18 oh. I was actually a mindless zombie (a uni boy once met me during hols and sent me a love letter in secondary school. I gave it to my mum, so at least you can now say you've met a teenage zombie grin) but I'm not a good or virtuous person (on this thread I've admitted to wanting to take a life).

3 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
AfroKnight:

Hmmm. You have a point. She may call it anything but can she really call it rape? It was consensual. That much is clear.

This story of hers has an opportunistic stink to it.

The comments here are interesting. Funny, someone wrote that "most" men have had sex with minors. This is reaching. Well, unless you mean teenagers having sex but then the male is hardly a man at that age.

Don't let emotions run amok. This looks more like blackmail considering the timing of this "revelation".

A woman brought her daughter into my office on friday morning. She was bathing the child after taking her home from school in the evening when the girl screamed that her pee-pee was hurting her. On examination, the mother found abrasions and slight bleeding on the inner right thigh and the right labia majora had lacerations. The child is three years old. It was obvious she had been molested a few hours earlier and the culprit would most likely be a care-giver but we cant tell for sure cos she can barely communicate english. Thats a helpless victim. Thats someone that cannot give consent. That is a REAL victim of underage rape. Not the bullsh1t story of "I am coming out now but didnt come out when the going was good cos i was afraid the videos i knowingly consented to might be leaked"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
Should we hold a 13 yr old responsible too?
I know they understand sex at 13 and can say No or choose to roll with the adult without being forced or coerced.

5minsmadness:

A woman brought her daughter into my office on friday morning. She was bathing the child after taking her home from school in the evening when the girl screamed that her pee-pee was hurting her. On examination, the mother found abrasions and slight bleeding on the inner right thigh and the right labia majora had lacerations. The child is three years old. It was obvious she had been molested a few hours earlier and the culprit would most likely be a care-giver but we cant tell for sure cos she can barely communicate english. Thats a helpless victim. Thats someone that cannot give consent. That is a REAL victim of underage rape. Not the bullsh1t story of "I am coming out now but didnt come out when the going was good cos i was afraid the videos i knowingly consented to might be leaked"

1 Like

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
A girl was asked by her boyfriend to follow her to Zanzibar resort centre at 6pm in the evening. She had been going out with the boy for a few months and felt she could trust him. So she put on her best attire, made her hair, put on some bright lipstick...the kind virgins hoping to impress their boyfriends put on... and told her mom she would be back later that night. She followed the boy to the club and things were going well until he started encouraging her to take alcohol. She declined at first but later relented probably to impress him. After a few glasses sher started to giggle hysterically and the boy thought she was drunk enough. He started to touch her breasts and thighs but she hit his hand away and told him to behave. Undaunted, he tried again, this time taking her to the dance floor and touching her indecently as they danced. She backed away feeling very dizzy and asked to be taken home. Instead the boy told her there was a room upstairs in which she could sleep. He led her upstairs and locked the door behind him. Then he raped her repeatedly. By the time she was brought to us by a good Samaritan some of the female nurses were already judging her by the clothes that she wore but it was obvious she had in no way consented to the sex. That girl was raped. she may have dressed indecently, yes, but it was no excuse for the female nurses to judge her. It was us males that took pity on her and patched her up and listened to her story. She had repeatedly refused sex but the boy had not only drugged her (with alcohol) but forcefully penetrated her.
That girl is to be pitied.
That girl was raped.
That girl was a victim.
Not a girl that goes out with a guy and does whatever he says cos the guy was obviously wealthy and influential. She would never have dreamed doing half of what she did "for love" if the guy was penniless.

I repeat. You ladies are making a mockery of real rape victims.
And it makes me sick.
I'm out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by AfroKnight: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:

Exactly. This is clear.

Women are too quick to believe every rape story. Not long ago a Nigerian girl based in the UK accused two youths of rape. The courts found that that her claims were false. Initially all her friends would have been screaming blue murder, calling for the heads of those guys. Investigation proved otherwise.

She thinks she has a case against Audu? Let her drag him to court. I'm sure numerous NGO would support her with legal fees. Let her do the right thing and cease this smear campaign.

Guys must be very careful nowadays. Anyone can be wrongly accused of rape and his reputation would have been damaged before any exonerating proof could be provided.

2 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Onegai(f): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2015
cococandy:
I know they understand sex at 13 and can say No or choose to roll with the adult without being forced or coerced.

Of course we should hold a 13 year old responsible! Their mates are getting married up North, the ones down South are bi.tching about the elderly landlord grabbing them and giving them phone and recharge card afterwards to keep quiet (of course after threatening. to kill them, like a good criminal should).

18 is a magical age: we are allowed to have group sex, buy drinks, get a driver's license, join the army and learn how to use a gun to kill people so that some random guy somewhere can keep posting on NL in peace.

Now, if we train and place a firearm in a 17 year old boy's hands and tell him to protect us, most of us would say it's a bad idea.

Because...?

No-one is calling Sugabelly a saint and an innocent victim. People are upset because she is the one being blamed here for making bad choices at a time when the Law said she was too young to make good decisions. No-one will blame Mustapha Audu even though the Law says he is old enough to make good decisions. That is what Statutory Rape is: a crime against someone who should not be making decisions to have sex with another person older than he/she.

If she had been 18 when this all started, I'd be sad about her questionable choices but that's it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
You've no definition of real rape as against fake rape to present.
You've no definition of the new age of consent to booth since 17 is old enough in your books.
And no one said females don't judge rape victims. If anything theirs is even worse because it's borne out of the need to appear holier than others.

You are making me sick with your not so straightforward whitewashing of rape because the victims weren't babies who can't talk or ladies who were drugged.

It's a good thing you're out.
Shoo.

5minsmadness:
A girl was asked by her boyfriend to follow her to Zanzibar resort centre at 6pm in the evening. She had been going out with the boy for a few months and felt she could trust him. So she put on her best attire, made her hair, put on some bright lipstick...the kind virgins hoping to impress their boyfriends put on... and told her mom she would be back later that night. She followed the boy to the club and things were going well until he started encouraging her to take alcohol. She declined at first but later relented probably to impress him. After a few glasses sher started to giggle hysterically and the boy thought she was drunk enough. He started to touch her breasts and thighs but she hit his hand away and told him to behave. Undaunted, he tried again, this time taking her to the dance floor and touching her indecently as they danced. She backed away feeling very dizzy and asked to be taken home. Instead the boy told her there was a room upstairs in which she could sleep. He led her upstairs and locked the door behind him. then he raped her repeatedly. By the time she was brought to us by a good Samaritan some of the female nurses were already judging her by the clothes that she wore but it was obvious she had in no way consented to the sex. That girl was raped. she may have dressed indecently, yes, but it was no excuse for the female nurses to judge her. It was us males that took pity on her and patched her up and listened to her story. She had repeatedly refused sex but the boy had not only drugged her (with alcohol) but forcefully penetrated her.
That girl was raped.
That girl was a victim.
Not a girl that goes out with a guy and does whatever he does cos the guy was obviously wealthy. she would have dreamed doing half of what she did "for love" if the guy was penniless.

And it makes me sick.
I'm out.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:
A girl was asked by her boyfriend to follow her to Zanzibar resort centre at 6pm in the evening. She had been going out with the boy for a few months and felt she could trust him. So she put on her best attire, made her hair, put on some bright lipstick...the kind virgins hoping to impress their boyfriends put on... and told her mom she would be back later that night. She followed the boy to the club and things were going well until he started encouraging her to take alcohol. She declined at first but later relented probably to impress him. After a few glasses sher started to giggle hysterically and the boy thought she was drunk enough. He started to touch her breasts and thighs but she hit his hand away and told him to behave. Undaunted, he tried again, this time taking her to the dance floor and touching her indecently as they danced. She backed away feeling very dizzy and asked to be taken home. Instead the boy told her there was a room upstairs in which she could sleep. He led her upstairs and locked the door behind him. Then he raped her repeatedly. By the time she was brought to us by a good Samaritan some of the female nurses were already judging her by the clothes that she wore but it was obvious she had in no way consented to the sex. That girl was raped. she may have dressed indecently, yes, but it was no excuse for the female nurses to judge her. It was us males that took pity on her and patched her up and listened to her story. She had repeatedly refused sex but the boy had not only drugged her (with alcohol) but forcefully penetrated her.
That girl was raped.
That girl was a victim.
Not a girl that goes out with a guy and does whatever he says cos the guy was obviously wealthy and influential. She would never have dreamed doing half of what she did "for love" if the guy was penniless.

And it makes me sick.
I'm out.

Now I get where you are coming from.

Let me ask you one question though, do you think an emotionally healthy person would do what the girl did for her ex-boyfriend?
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:

I was going to type something to this effect but i just kept editing and editing till i gave up. This thread will be full of people who'll appeal to emotion instead of being dispassionate. I'm yet to see anybody pat Audu on the back and it's not even about absolving him. Mean, my head is tired abeg. Sleep dey worry me.

Meanwhile, in Washington, USA, age of consent is 16. grin
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Onegai:
5minsmadness post

Please answer these questions honestly:

1. If you travelled to a Western country and got hit on romantically by a beautiful high school senior who was everything you've fantasised about but was just turned17, would you sleep with her?

2. If i shot you and had a phone (with several names in the address book) in my hand with just enough credit for one phone call to save your life and made you pick whom to give it to, would you pick a 17 year old or a 25 year old?

Btw, I didn't have sex till I was in uni and over 18 oh. I was actually a mindless zombie (a uni boy once met me during hols and sent me a love letter in secondary school. I gave it to my mum, so at least you can now say you've met a teenage zombie grin) but I'm not a good or virtuous person (on this thread I've admitted to wanting to take a life).

1. I can assure you I have been approached by many 15-17yr old ladies who blatantly wanted sex(esp during my nysc) and I bluntly refused. It has nothing to do with what country I'm in. It has more to do with my upbringing.

2. I would pick anyone at that time to raise an alarm, duh! A 17yr old can call for help as much as a 25yr old. Strawman agrument.

Pls I in no way accused you of having sex when you were less than 18, but I'm sure at least one of you here did consensually; and I strongly doubt she stands alone in the showers at night crying her eyes out for being raped.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
AfroKnight:

Exactly. This is clear.

Women are too quick to believe every rape story. Not long ago a Nigerian girl based in the UK accused two youths of rape. The courts found that that her claims were false. Initially all her friends would have been screaming blue murder, calling for the heads of those guys. Investigation proved otherwise.

She thinks she has a case against Audu? Let her drag him to court. I'm sure numerous NGO would support her with legal fees. Let her do the right thing and cease this smear campaign.

Guys must be very careful nowadays. Anyone can be wrongly accused of rape and his reputation would have been damaged before any exonerating proof could be provided.

We all know that there have been cases of women wrongly accusing men of rape but this does not change the fact that he was sleeping with a minor, does it?

1 Like

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
Onegai:

No-one is calling Sugabelly a saint and an innocent victim. People are upset because she is the one being blamed here for making bad choices at a time when the Law said she was too young to make good decisions. No-one will blame Mustapha Audu even though the Law says he is old enough to make good decisions. That is what Statutory Rape is: a crime against someone who should not be making decisions to have sex with another person older than he/she.

If she had been 18 when this all started, I'd be sad about her questionable choices but that's it.

Wait let me understand you.
So you are saying you havent seen ANY post where people, even guys especially, were castigating the guy for what he did?
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

Now I get where you are coming from.

Let me ask you one question though, do you think an emotionally healthy person would do what the girl did for her ex-boyfriend?

Hehehe.
Mindfulness.
At what age does a person become "emotionally healthy?"
A "morally upright" person wouldn't.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Jahblessme: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
As i said before,alot of people do believe ra pe is ra pe only when it sounds like a violent act has taken place with the victim screaming like a banshee.Then ofcourse she must be dressed like a nun and be a virgin as well.The perpetrator must also be a stranger because if she went visiting a guy,what was she expecting?Maybe she smiled somehow and turned him on.
Unfortunately,ra pe doesn't follow a set pattern and the people who inflict this damage are normally known to the victim.RA PE can occur over and over again if the victim has somehow become psychologically entwined with the perpetrator.The link below defines exactly what i'm trying to say.

http://www.pcar.org/blog/common-victim-behaviors-survivors-sexual-abuse

@ Onegai,
grin at the shooting range,good luck with that.I would start with self defense classes when baby E grows up.

Another thing is sex ual education should be properly introduced in schools and a clear outline of what ra pe is.Some people do not understand that NO is NO.Some do not know that an inebriated person doesn't have the capacity to consent.A person who is mentally ill also is classed as vulnerable and therefore cannot give consent(even if their mouth is saying yes). Minors sending nudes of themselves to fellow minors is a crime and the person will be tagged a se x offender(where i am).Adult + consenting minor =Statutory ra pe.Forcing yourself on someone you are in a relationship with when they've said No is ra pe.

The funniest part of this thing is that the same people screeching would bust an artery if they find out that their 17 year old sister is sleeping with the maths teacher.Why will the normal reaction be to do damage to the teacher? why not say it's my sisters fault??Maybe her school uniform showed her brastrap.If a teenager is acting sex ually suggestive,is that normal behaviour?A wellbred adult would RUN for the hills instead of making excuses saying the girl don begin de knack since 15,her eye tear pass old woman own.When you see girls like this,there is ALWAYS a problem with upbringing,a big gap somewhere.Why would someone choose to have se x with such a person? Why not go for someone your age?
The law is the law no matter how hard we try to twist it.Maybe we should lower the age to 3 or 4 because in some peoples minds,a 10 year old is mature.Where then will we draw the line and know that a MINOR is a MINOR because they are not yet mentally mature even though sometimes they feel they know everything?

Ra pe has to be defined to avoid excuses.

3 Likes

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by cococandy(f): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
Well age of consent up north is like 12 abi 13.

So maybe the guy had a good reason to bed her against the 18yr old constitutional age.
In fact if you search in some other parts of the world you may find a place with age of consent 9-10yrs old.
So based on that I guess it's okay.
Onegai:

Of course we should hold a 13 year old responsible! Their mates are getting married up North, the ones down South are bi.tching about the elderly landlord grabbing them and giving them phone and recharge card afterwards to keep quiet (of course after threatening. to kill them, like a good criminal should).

18 is a magical age: we are allowed to have group sex, buy drinks, get a driver's license, join the army and learn how to use a gun to kill people so that some random guy somewhere can keep posting on NL in peace.

Now, if we train and place a firearm in a 17 year old boy's hands and tell him to protect us, most of us would say it's a bad idea.

Because...?

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

I was going to type something to this effect but i just kept editing and editing till i gave up. This thread will be full of people who'll appeal to emotion instead of being dispassionate. I'm yet to see anybody pat Audu on the back and it's not even about absolving him. Mean, my head is tired abeg. Sleep dey worry me.

(1) A person is guilty of sexual misconduct with a minor in the first degree when: (a) The person has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual intercourse with another person who is at least sixteen years old but less than eighteen years old and not married to the perpetrator, if the perpetrator is at least sixty months older than the victim, is in a significant relationship to the victim, AND abuses a supervisory position within that relationship in order to engage in or cause another person under the age of eighteen to engage in sexual intercourse with the victim; (b) the person is a school employee who has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual intercourse with a registered student of the school who is at least sixteen years old and not married to the employee, if the employee is at least sixty months older than the student; or (c) the person is a foster parent who has, or knowingly causes another person under the age of eighteen to have, sexual intercourse with his or her foster child who is at least sixteen.

http://www.ageofconsent.us/forum/age-of-consent-discussion/age-of-consent-in-washington-state

This is the third time I see you sharing wrong information on how things are and work in the West. The second one was when you were claiming that calling a person fat in the West wasn't an insult a few years ago. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
cococandy:

So in your books a 13yr old and a 17yr old have the same emotional maturity? Ok.

The issue here is you girls seem to be exonerating her of ALL guilt. Oh she was 17, she was a zombie, she was manipulated. She couldnt tell right from wrong. Boo hoo.

The man was an irresponsible ingrate who saw an oppurtunity and used it as most people, male AND female, would. The girl on her part made herself readily (and willfully) available.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by 5minsmadness: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

The thing tire me.
Nobody is supporting the guy but to absolve the girl of all blame because she was 17 is just plain ludicrous.
Good night jo. Am turning in too.

1 Like

Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by AfroKnight: 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mindfulness:

We all know that there have been cases of women wrongly accusing men of rape but this does not change the fact that he was sleeping with a minor, does it?

That she was 17 when it happened is not in contention. Interestingly, it is NOW statutory rape in Nigeria.

Did he forcefully have sex with her? No. Was she drugged? No. Where is the sensational trauma (she alludes to) coming from? Where did the tales of woes spring from?

Let her take him to court to get justice. This mudslinging is for a purpose. Somebody is thinking to fleece a certain young man to keep bad news at bay.

In his time of grief and at an auspicious moment in his political career, a bitter ex-girlfriend spins up ugly stories. This is suspect.
Re: On The Sugabelly Rape Allegations by Strawman: 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
5minsmadness:
2. I would pick anyone at that time to raise an alarm, duh! A 17yr old can call for help as much as a 25yr old. Strawman agrument...

Yes...? How may I help you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keeping Malice At Home- Mature Advice Pls / Does A Man Need More Than One Wife? / Children's Day: Share Your Most Cherished Childhood Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.