Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,811 members, 7,824,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Explain To Me What OBJ Is Still Doing In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explain To Me What OBJ Is Still Doing In Nigeria. (449 Views)

If Nigeria Unity Is No Negotiable ,then What Is Bakassi Still Doing In Cameroon / What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / See What Obj Is Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Explain To Me What OBJ Is Still Doing In Nigeria. by Hudefrank: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2015
[img][/img]
My fellow citizens, I am humbled and honoured that you have elected me and Vice President Jonathan to represent that…….. Luckily we are not starting from scratch. We are fortunate to have been led the past eight years by one of our nation’s greatest patriots, President Obasanjo. On behalf of all our people, I salute you, Mr. President,…….
eight years ago, the national conversation was about whether Nigeria deserved to remain one country at all. Today we are talking about Nigeria’s potential, to become one of the 20 largest economies in the world by the year 2020

May 29, 2007

The scene of this drama called democracy which started years ago ,was kicked off by the deceased umaru musa Yar’adua, then popular for his seven point agenda which at the point of his demise became clear,as unattainable. He died as a result of an acute inflammation of the heart called Pericarditis- Churg Strauss Syndrome.
And Guess who did all the running around when he was sick and almost dying in Saudi Arabia? No one but the former Head of State himself,OBJ.Notice the way Yar’Adua complemented his predecessor,Now that’s rare,nowadays every elected politician sets probes committees for their predecessor. So Were they just in the same Political Party or close friends like the ones you chat with on Facebook, Umaru’s elder brother anyway was Major General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua who served as the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, a position equivalent to position of Vice President under General Olusegun Obasanjo’s military regime
So when in a phone call Mr.Obasanjo asked rhetorically, “Umaru, are you dead?” We were not surprised because,you see OBJ had always had this thing For the presidency, so he can turn things in his favor just by the single click of a button.

So Umaru died and along with the intervention of civil society protests the National Assembly empowered Mr. Jonathan Acting President , there was some 7days of Mourning and he assumed duty as GCFR to complete the tenure of the deceased Yaradu and Guess who became best buddies all of a suddenly? Mr.Jonathan and the civilian president that launched our Country into this thing I now call a joke, Democracy.
[img][/img]
Well their friendship didn’t last for too long. Jonathan clearly wasn’t so excited about being president and that’s what makes this story even more interesting. He however contested for the General Elections in 2011 where he defeated our current President Mr.Buhari.

In February three years after his victory the largest Fire the world has seen was lighted anchored by Asiwaju three of Nigeria’s biggest opposition parties – the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the Congress for Progressive Change(CPC), the All Nigeria Peoples Party(ANPP) – and a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA),set it to burn for the entity we now refer to as CHANGE, The largest defection the world has seen was staged Core Looters from all over the country soon joined the Burn Fire.

And BABA was in the political scene again, he tore his PDP card, blurted how cowardly the Jonathan Administration had been,there was a Shekau. Nigeria was headed for the Rocks he described in his Open Letter.

[img][/img]
So since ’99 OBJ has been in the Political scene then there came General Buhari with BABA solidly behind him, a former Head of state which seems like a nice guy with a just attitude towards corruption.
Anti-Corruption, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Corruption he will exclaim.
So I took a deep look at democracy from ’99 and all I see is BABA running up and down Nigeria making new friends so things can be turned in his favour.
And yet

Pro-Biafra Agitators Are Miscreants – Ex-President Obasanjo …

What am I trying to say? I’m not a Miscreant that supports Biafra. I am only saying that if after Millions of Nigerian laid their life for this unity we now breathe and We still can’t find substantial development then Nigeria could have been the Biggest Joke ever told.

It is a Revolution, we seek share this, spread the news we can’t settle for less.

what you read appeared first on Bcsquare Blog
Click this link to see other interesting things like
A host of short stories e.g Olikoye by chimamanda.
And recently trending our critism of Twitter.
https://bcsquareblog./2015/11/22/the-twitter-bird-is-dead/
Thanks I am expecting ur comments on the site.

Re: Explain To Me What OBJ Is Still Doing In Nigeria. by bewla(m): 8:57am On Nov 28, 2015
on

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Pull Out Of OPEC? / Iran FM Calls On Nigeria To Protect Muslims' Lives / I Never Knew Railway Transport Existed In Nigeria – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.