Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President (1572 Views)

Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Lose Election - FFK The Hero Of the Liepod / 4 People Who Rejected President Buhari's Nominations And Why / Photo: Meet The Woman That Rejected President Buhari's Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2015
[quote]“Some hats can only be worn if you’re willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you’re only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.” ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

I can no longer keep the silence. I need to add my dagger to the barrage of verbal and written tip pointed stilettos hurled at the new President of our dear country, Muhammadu Buhari.

I completely share the frustrations of a cross section of Nigerians who forewarned everyone that sacking the last administration on the altar of “Change” will alter and perhaps corrode some of the seemingly well garnished good tidings supposedly in the offing by the last administration to be dished out, on the condition of winning the last remarkable election.

Lo and Behold, like well maintained and spiritually fortified Prophets/Prophetesses, six months down the line, the ghoulish dance has commenced to pontificate on the predictions and the expected consequences which seem to have gradually come to fore. Everywhere I turn, all I see is “ntoooo”.

Do these de-supporters of President Buhari and his toddler government have a point? I absolutely say yes.

Earlier on in the life of the administration, precisely August, I had expressed through my article, “Shoki in Aso Rock” , the shoulder raising approach of the new Sheriff and the cost of maintaining such stone-like stance in an age where every song now has a trending dance step. I expected to see flexibility in the management of the Nigerian Political scene and a thorough balance in the response to the yearnings of the people. Unfortunately, the lethargy and torpor remained active. The finger pointing and exaggerated magnification of the inherited problems shrouded in a “siddon-look” approach, do-nothing and talk-nothing, further enhanced the frustration of a larger cross section of Nigerians. Majority of the President’s fans have expressed well conceived displeasures at the present waning status of activities and events.

Being a Change Agent, I am quite disappointed at the lingering fuel crisis that has besieged every nook and cranny of the nation. Prices have skyrocketed beyond 300% of the official selling price and no meaningful action or proposed actions from the government.

The handling of the rumoured to be dead 105 soldiers by the Military Authority was quite shocking. I duly condemn the choice of response and language by the top echelon of the Military. It lacked due knowledge of emotional intelligence. I personally believe the Military is at its best under this new government and should be commended for giant strides so far; however, should there be any reason for a major casualty as rumoured, though such information may need to be classified, but if trickled and seeped to the public media, then it needs to be clarified with facts and figures. Advancement in technology and effective use of social media has proven to be the most significant method of reaching out to people across the globe. Hence negative publicity will spread like wildfire. It will take a dozen of a thousand steps to rectify the gaffes and faux pas that led to such negativity.

The misguided comment by the President to favour a section of Nigerians who amassed votes in his interest over those who did not, is the most irresponsible remark that a leader of a multicultural and diversified country like Nigeria can spurn. It is baseless, unfounded and unconstitutional. It is a reflection of how polarized and poorly prepared the President was. The day I saw the video, that day I denounced my belief in the sincerity of Mr President to holistically lead the country. A leader must be willing to deploy accurate wisdom to look beyond sentiments and ensure equity across board. The remark is a slap on the very few in those regions who vehemently supported the President’s campaign. I await a formal direct apology to the affected section(s) of the electorate.

The cry by stakeholders within the foreign exchange subsector due to stringent policies which have stifled key segments of the economy has not been greeted with apposite explanations and measures to counter or ameliorate the longsuffering of these stakeholders. Yes, we may be trying to maintain the strength of our currency; nonetheless, do we have adequate mitigation strategies to cushion the attendant corresponding risks to other directly related segments?

When do we see a blueprint of the intents and purposes of this new government? Now that Ministers have been selected and appointed, with portfolios strapped to their backs, we should have a definitive date or timeline when we will ceremoniously unveil the plan for the nation. It is a mandatory prerequisite to reassure Nigerians of the direction of the government. I developed some mock timelines in August citing indicative activities and timelines on how to salvage this country from the ruins of maladministration and bad leadership of yesteryears. Unfortunately, nothing close to related timelines has been seen. It is quite disappointing.

No matter the best considerations this new government has for Nigerians, poor and ineffective communication, which in my opinion is the biggest bane and crux of the matter, may lead to continuous adverse reactions from the People. The People remain the employer of government and the government owes the People, well articulated and non-politicised periodic feedback to every issue affecting the polity.

THAT said, I wish to also address the dogmatic crusaders of the last failed government led by President Jonathan to bend-down-and-pause on the lustration of their supposed hero by asking themselves who truly led us to these doldrums of decay? The static motionless steps of the new administration in the last 6 months are partly due to the inherited crumble and fester inherited from an ex-government that was saddled in severe allegations of endemic corruption, lacklustre attitude to security, extreme mismanagement, dearth of strategic vision and near to zero impact on the people, despite enjoying a revenue boom for 4 out of the 5 years spent in office.

How do we explain the meagre allowance for capital projects and infrastructure through the years the last administration was in power? How do we define the late reaction to the monumental loss of lives in the North East due to insurgency, coupled with poor welfare of soldiers? What benefits did the Southern region of Nigeria gain? Why is there no functional sea port in the South East? Why was Second Niger Bridge not planned and completed earlier in that administration? Why was Lagos – Ibadan Expressway not completed? The contractor on the East-West Road kept moving an inch length every year through the administration until the road remained uncompleted at the time of booting out the feckless government. Why were most Federal Roads in Lagos and Port Harcourt cities in absolute deplorable states with no efforts to abate them? Why were there no economic hubs driven by the Federal Government in states like Rivers, Anambra and Abia (viable zones for key economic growth)? How come the Niger Delta remained impoverished despite the establishment and empowerment of NDDC? What percentage of unemployed youths did Sure-P assist? How come there was an ongoing implementation of policy on Power ongoing and no region felt the positive impact beyond exorbitant monthly charges and bills? The list is endless.

I maintain my stance that conceding defeat in an election should not equate to hero-worship. It is an abnormal reaction to failure. Nigerians rejected the last administration at the polls and so be it. The loser may be commended for a show of sportsmanship. Nothing more. The decision he took to prevent the imminent consequence and danger associated with his loss was for his best interest. Today he can pose for camera, smile as he desires and gallivant as far as he wishes on the globe. Until he is found culpable and worthy of prosecution for his role during in the weighty allegations against his administration, he remains a free man.

BACK to the new ruling party; some of us envied and applauded the strides and culture imbibed by the APC when the party was in the opposition. Across the South West for example, we observed a style that was not common in other states. We observed a pragmatic, ingenious and proactive approach to internal revenue generation. We saw states like Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Edo rise above the paltry sums of the past. We saw an attempt to uplift the infrastructural outlook of key city centres in their respective states. They were not anywhere perfect, but they reflected hope. It was on this basis we chanted for Change. When Change came, we were all happy. Unfortunately, the happiness has turned to a lukewarm reaction with hypothesis and guesses on the direction of where the supposed new government, and President who “belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody” is intended.

I have not given up hope on this new administration making specific and measurable impacts within its political tenure of 4 years. But I am not sure Nigerians can continue to wait endlessly for the much awaited Change. 16 years of long suffering is enough. This government may not have more than 16 months to prove itself before the most staunch supporter gives up.

I will personally give the new administration a benefit of doubt that the next budget year will be fantastically beneficial to Nigerians. Anything short of this, I promise to lead the media crusade for a Change from May 29, 2016. I am reassured that Nigerians are more committed than ever to demand their rights.

The occupier of the seat and he who wears the cap should know and note that power is transient and only with time, will the Will of the people prevail. The same way he came, the same way he will go. This will be the norm until we find a sincere and trustworthy leader to lead us to our Eldorado.

President Magufuli of Tanzania who assumed office few weeks ago, November 5, 2015 comes to mind. Read this article and be inspired by a real Leader of Change – http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/11/president-magufuli-the-bulldozer-in-charge-of-tanzania/.

Enough said!
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by MizMyColi(f): 11:42am On Nov 28, 2015
El Fantastico!
Brilliant and Balanced.

Lalasticlala
Have you seen this?
Good Afternoonwink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Buhari stock-in-trade is this;
The finger pointing and exaggerated magnification of the inherited problems shrouded in a “siddon-look” approach, do-nothing and talk-nothing, further enhanced the frustration of a larger cross section of Nigerians. Majority of the President’s fans have expressed well conceived displeasures at the present waning status of activities and events

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
Being a Change Agent, I am quite disappointed at the lingering fuel crisis that has besieged every nook and cranny of the nation. Prices have skyrocketed beyond 300% of the official selling price and no meaningful action or proposed actions from the government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2015
The misguided comment by the President to favour a section of Nigerians who amassed votes in his interest over those who did not, is the most irresponsible remark that a leader of a multicultural and diversified country like Nigeria can spurn. It is baseless, unfounded and unconstitutional.It is a reflection of how polarized and poorly prepared the President was.The day I saw the video, that day I denounced my belief in the sincerity of Mr President to holistically lead the country

Will his supporters here say same as this writer cum buhari supporter had done?

2 Likes

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
The cry by stakeholders within the foreign exchange subsector due to stringent policies which have stifled key segments of the economy has not been greeted with apposite explanations and measures to counter or ameliorate the longsuffering of these stakeholders. Yes, we may be trying to maintain the strength of our currency; nonetheless,do we have adequate mitigation strategies to cushion the attendant corresponding risks to other directly related segments?

Answer to bolded part is a resounding NO cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
1)Did Nigeria begin in 2010?

2)Why not do a comparative analysis of recurrent expenditure between 2010 to May 29th 2015 as against previous administrations especially under Obj...then see if these accusations & questions below still holds water or not?

3)Do a comparative analysis of capital projects under Jonathan vis a vis administrations before Jonathan?

4)Did little change in power supply, was product of what?

5)Did Apapa/Oshodi, 3rd Mainland bridge, etc in Lagos not receive unprecedented attention unlike in the past?

6)Did you complain when Obj paid lip service to Lagos/Ibadan road? so why demean Jonathan for not completing it though he has done substantial work on it

How do we explain the meagre allowance for capital projects and infrastructure through the years the last administration was in power? How do we define the late
reaction to the monumental loss of lives in the North East due to insurgency, coupledwith poor welfare of soldiers? What benefits did the Southern region of Nigeria gain?
Why is there no functional sea port in the South East? Why was Second Niger Bridge not planned and completed earlier in that administration? Why was Lagos – Ibadan
Expressway not completed? The contractor on the East-West Road kept moving an inch length every year through the administration until the road remained uncompleted at the time of booting out the feckless government. Why were most Federal Roads in Lagos and Port Harcourt cities in absolute deplorable states with no efforts to abate them? Why were there no economic hubs driven by the Federal Government in states like Rivers, Anambra and Abia (viable zones for key economic growth)? How come the Niger Delta remained impoverished despite the establishment and empowerment of NDDC? What percentage of unemployed youths did Sure-P assist? How come there was an ongoing implementation of policy on Power ongoing and no region felt the positive impact beyond exorbitant monthly charges and bills?
The list is endless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
Maybe if you died or your son or family member or any loved one perished in 2011 when buhari refused to concede defeat maybe then you would have appreciated more what Jonathan did and why his hero status isn't out of place...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Hypocrisy is when you applaud APC for ATTEMPT to uplift infrastructure in SW then as opposition but denigrate Jonathan for not COMPLETING his infrastructure projects in different parts of the country...Why not judge them using same measuring stick cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
MizMyColi:
El Fantastico!
Brilliant and Balanced.

Lalasticlala
Have you seen this?
Good Afternoonwink

Gracias madam for the affirmative remarks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
6 months after and we still have not seen any major changes from buhari's govt... undecided
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Maybe if you died or your son or family member or any loved one perished in 2011 when buhari refused to concede defeat maybe then you would have appreciated more what Jonathan did and why his hero status isn't out of place...

I tried to share my posit and clarify my views accordingly in the aforesaid article.

I am glad you read it and raised vital queries. God bless you for that.

In 2011, Buhari was not the sitting President at the time he lost, he had no ability to cancel the election; he only went to court. It is not out of place for candidates who feel they have been unfairly treated during an election to contest same. Since the advent of the 4th republic, there have been countless evidences to support why it is important to contest an election result. Many cases have been upturned and many of such cases benefit the different parties who participated. All key parties can attest to this benefit.

In deference to Jonathan! he also had a right to disagree with the election and go to the tribunal. But first it would warrant vacating the office because INEC had declared someone else winner. Where there would have been chaos could have been his outright cancellation of the election using his position as the incumbent.

I have written in time past on why violence occurs after announcement of results. Often times it is due to lack of transparency in the process, rigging, poor orientation of vulnerable electorate, and the wrong reaction from politicians. This time around, we observed a peace committee was set up to guide both candidates on the need to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. If Buhari had lost this year via the very transparent process the new INEC put in place, I doubt there would have been violence. The outcome of the Presidential Election was clear for all to see.

I fervently pray we do not experience such senseless killings again. I commend Jonathan for conceding the manner he did. I however do not think he deserves my Hero status looking at his achievement after 5 years of being President.
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by OKKO(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
The writer is still based, for him there is nothing good to note about GEJ administration.

But at this rate of poor policy making and level of bigotry and incompetence seen already in PMB cabinet, the new administration can't achieve what GEJ achieved in railway, agriculture, power and roads alone in the next 4 years.

Expect fuel crisis till after christmas or even till new year; because the NNPC and APC is still living in lies and denial that fuel is not scarce...rather they blame marketers. Govt of saints can never take responsibilities...they will always look for ppl to blame next they will start blaming the masses for voting them in.

3 Likes

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Hypocrisy is when you applaud APC for ATTEMPT to uplift infrastructure in SW then as opposition but denigrate Jonathan for not COMPLETING his infrastructure projects in different parts of the country...Why not judge them using same measuring stick cheesy

I was trying to cite reasons why some of us believed more in the APC before the elections. I liked the South West Governors' model of improving IGR and changing the outlook of the key cities within their respective domains. I sincerely believed at the time that if given an opportunity to run Nigeria, there will be similar corresponding strategic impact in all sectors and segments of the country.

I believe Jonathan had greater opportunities (especially with the oil boom of 4 out of 5 years of his leadership) as the President to achieve more strategic impact on the people. I did not feel this happen. The presence of the FG was not duly felt in most cities of the South.

The debate is not about who is better between Buhari and Jonathan. My conclusion, in my candid opinion, is that Jonathan performed below expectations and Buhari has started on a very lethargic wrong note. We will keep pushing until we get a true leader!
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
realborn:

I tried to share my posit and clarify my views accordingly in the aforesaid article.

I am glad you read it and raised vital queries. God bless you for that.

In 2011, Buhari was not the sitting President at the time he lost, he had no ability to cancel the election; he only went to court. It is not out of place for candidates who feel they have been unfairly treated during an election to contest same. Since the advent of the 4th republic, there have been countless evidences to support why it is important to contest an election result. Many cases have been upturned and many of such cases benefit the different parties who participated. All key parties can attest to this benefit.

In deference to Jonathan! he also had a right to disagree with the election and go to the tribunal. But first it would warrant vacating the office because INEC had declared someone else winner. Where there would have been chaos could have been his outright cancellation of the election using his position as the incumbent.

I have written in time past on why violence occurs after announcement of results. Often times it is due to lack of transparency in the process, rigging, poor orientation of vulnerable electorate, and the wrong reaction from politicians. This time around, we observed a peace committee was set up to guide both candidates on the need to conduct themselves in an orderly manner. If Buhari had lost this year via the very transparent process the new INEC put in place, I doubt there would have been violence. The outcome of the Presidential Election was clear for all to see.

I fervently pray we do not experience such senseless killings again. I commend Jonathan for conceding the manner he did. I however do not think he deserves my Hero status looking at his achievement after 5 years of being President.

Bless you too...

1)Would a buhari who had supporters stationed despite curfew in bauchi accept defeat?

2)Would a buhari who attended council of state meeting for the first time during election since Jonathan came to power accept defeat?

3)Would buhari who through supporters threatened parallel government, mutiny in military etc accept defeat?

4)Buhari by omission and commission orchestrated the death of those Nigerians in 2011...

5)Would a buhari have maintained peace and decorum like Jonathan when rejected by card reader?

6)Would a buhari maintained peace and decorum when he saw that Jega was rigging election against him preelection?

7)Jonathan had the power to mal handle buhari and co especially when security of Nigeria has been threatened by them but he kept calm because of multiplier effect of such on innocent citizens...

coolEven International community saw the courage and statemanship in Jonathan amidst power, provocation, injustice and blackmail hence they are celebrating him...

JONATHAN IS A HERO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bless you too...

1)Would a buhari who had supporters stationed despite curfew in bauchi accept defeat?

2)Would a buhari who attended council of state meeting for the first time during election since Jonathan came to power accept defeat?

3)Would buhari who through supporters threatened parallel government, mutiny in military etc accept defeat?

4)Buhari by omission and commission orchestrated the death of those Nigerians in 2011...

5)Would a buhari have maintained peace and decorum like Jonathan when rejected by card reader?

6)Would a buhari maintained peace and decorum when he saw that Jega was rigging election against him preelection?

7)Jonathan had the power to mal handle buhari and co especially when security of Nigeria has been threatened by them but he kept calm because of multiplier effect of such on innocent citizens...

coolEven International community saw the courage and statemanship in Jonathan amidst power, provocation, injustice and blackmail hence they are celebrating him...

JONATHAN IS A HERO

I doubt Buhari would have accepted defeat. I however do not think his supporters would gave resorted to violence.

If the votes in the core north reflect Buhari's dominance as voted by his core supporters and true to fact, the entire south and the middle belt vote for Jonathan, and results were collated, read and televised in the manner INEC did this year, and Jonathan emerged winner, i strongly doubt there will be violence.

Bubu would also have had no choice to seek redress in court without drawing emotions or remarks that may incite violence amongst his supporters. The peace committee did a good job orientating and monitoring all candidates.

Jonathan congratulating Buhari did not mean he could not have enacted his fundamental rights of going to the tribunal within the stipulated period to address any anomalies. Agbaje congratulated Ambode but still left for the tribunal.

I guess Jonathan accepted the outcome as the wish of the people. A good and commendable decision if he was convinced he lost. For me, nothing more.

Essence of elections is for a winner to emerge. Losers must fight their case through appropriate channels.

My opinion though...
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
realborn:

I was trying to cite reasons why some of us believed more in the APC before the elections. I liked the South West Governors' model of improving IGR and changing the outlook of the key cities within their respective domains. I sincerely believed at the time that if given an opportunity to run Nigeria, there will be similar corresponding strategic impact in all sectors and segments of the country.

I believe Jonathan had greater opportunities (zee specially with the oil boom of 4 out of 5 years of his leadership) as the President to achieve more strategic impact on the people. I did not feel this happen. The presence of the FG was not duly felt in most cities of the South.

The debate is not about who is better between Buhari and Jonathan. My conclusion, in my candid opinion, is that Jonathan performed below expectations and Buhari has started on a very lethargic wrong note. We will keep pushing until we get a true leader!

1)Can you do a comparative analysis of such increase in IGR to infrastructure on ground?

2)NO state had a static IGR...irrespective of party...

3)Can you look at debt burden of such SW APC leaders vis a vis your increased IGR assertion and justify same?

4)Can you justify how and why ONLY APC governors had road projects of a kilometer for One billion naira even when they aren't in mangrove or ND environment?

5)CAN you do a comparative analysis of said boom under Jonathan vis a vis recurrent expenditure?... Jonathan paid salary of 18000 for civil servants as against 7500 of previous administration...19800 for NYSC as against 7400 of previous administration... That's over 150% increase...

6)Why are you segregating or dividing between Jonathan government between north and south when he was president of both? ...if he achieved much in North and didn't achieve same quantum in South; does it make much difference if we are truly ONE Nigeria?..Aren't you lot celebrating buhari notwithstanding he had 80% of PTF projects sited in the north?...Why judge with different measuring stick?...Isn't their suppose to be scale of preference in executing projects?...

7)I take you by your points and never comparing who's better...though I see Jonathan as better option by far...

coolCredible election left with Jonathan... Buhari just returned us to Obj era...We have INEC not independent again but taking orders from AGF...We have INEC chairman from same side as president for the first time in HISTORY... Even in football matches, referees are gotten from neutral towns aside competing sides...Court injunction is obeyed at the discretion of buhari...Nigeria just died under buhari undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
realborn:

I doubt Buhari would have accepted defeat. I however do not think his supporters would gave resorted to violence.

If the votes in the core north reflect Buhari's dominance as voted by his core supporters and true to fact, the entire south and the middle belt vote for Jonathan, and results were collated, read and televised in the manner INEC did this year, and Jonathan emerged winner, i strongly doubt there will be violence.

Bubu would also have had no choice to seek redress in court without drawing emotions or remarks that may incite violence amongst his supporters. The peace committee did a good job orientating and monitoring all candidates.

Jonathan congratulating Buhari did not mean he could not have enacted his fundamental rights of going to the tribunal within the stipulated period to address any anomalies. Agbaje congratulated Ambode but still left for the tribunal.

I guess Jonathan accepted the outcome as the wish of the people. A good and commendable decision if he was convinced he lost. For me, nothing more.

Essence of elections is for a winner to emerge. Losers must fight their case through appropriate channels.

My opinion though...

Good you observed it as your opinion which is far from reality cheesy

In 2011, buhari won convincingly in core north but when Jonathan was returned elected by INEC, his bloodthirsty supporters unleashed mayhem on innocent INEC ad hoc staffs and corpers...Same would have happened in 2015...

Buhari went ahead to make his dog and baboon statement which shows him a bloodthirsty, and insensitive man...

Jonathan is EVERYTHING buhari can NEVER be...

BTW how much has your western allies contributed to Nigeria aside their insulting "humanitarian" stipends for HIV etc...Compare this to China intervention of over $40billion for infrastructure in Africa with Nigeria a major beneficiary... How's Haiti now with America aids? cheesy smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Can you do a comparative analysis of such increase in IGR to infrastructure on ground?

2)NO state had a static IGR...irrespective of party...

3)Can you look at debt burden of such SW APC leaders vis a vis your increased IGR assertion and justify same?

4)Can you justify how and why ONLY APC governors had road projects of a kilometer for One billion naira even when they aren't in mangrove or ND environment?

5)CAN you do a comparative analysis of said boom under Jonathan vis a vis recurrent expenditure?... Jonathan paid salary of 18000 for civil servants as against 7500 of previous administration...19800 for NYSC as against 7400 of previous administration... That's over 150% increase...

6)Why are you segregating or dividing between Jonathan government between north and south when he was president of both? ...if he achieved much in North and didn't achieve same quantum in South; does it make much difference if we are truly ONE Nigeria?..Aren't you lot celebrating buhari notwithstanding he had 80% of PTF projects sited in the north?...Why judge with different measuring stick?...Isn't their suppose to be scale of preference in executing projects?...

7)I take you by your points and never comparing who's better...though I see Jonathan as better option by far...

coolCredible election left with Jonathan... Buhari just returned us to Obj era...We have INEC not independent again but taking orders from AGF...We have INEC chairman from same side as president for the first time in HISTORY... Even in football matches, referees are gotten from neutral towns aside competing sides...Court injunction is obeyed at the discretion of buhari...Nigeria just died under buhari undecided

You may be right. I may be wrong. My opinions subsist.

The answers to the queries you raised are for another extensive article. I am not very conversant with the North because I hardly visit or interact with indigenes from that part of the country. I have not affirmed Jonathan's performance in that neck of the woods except for the North East insurgency debacle which we all read in the media.

The summary of the article is how past governments including the last administration have failed us and how the new government is teething at one spot on its way to failure if nothing is done fast.

I am not aware INEC has lost its independence.

Thanks for the inputs though.
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
realborn:

You may be right. I may be wrong. My opinions subsist.

The answers to the queries you raised are for another extensive article. I am not very conversant with the North because I hardly visit or interact with indigenes from that part of the country. I have not affirmed Jonathan's performance in that neck of the woods except for the North East insurgency debacle which we all read in the media.

The summary of the article is how past governments including the last administration have failed us and how the new government is teething at one spot on its way to failure if nothing is done fast.

I am not aware INEC has lost its independence.

Thanks for the inputs though.

bolded made me laugh out loud cheesygringrin

1)Ever wondered why all the media houses that always had info about insurgency suddenly went blank now? cheesy hypocrisy of Nigeria cheesy

2)INEC lost its independence already... No prophet is needed for that bro...All can see it including realborn cheesy
Its well boss...Best wishes...

2 Likes

Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by realborn(m): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

bolded made me laugh out loud cheesygringrin

1)Ever wondered why all the media houses that always had info about insurgency suddenly went blank now? cheesy hypocrisy of Nigeria cheesy

2)INEC lost its independence already... No prophet is needed for that bro...All can see it including realborn cheesy
Its well boss...Best wishes...

I cannot see it yet oooo.

INEC has conducted only one election under Buhari, Kogi. I am yet to read of any strong reaction against the conduct of INEC by the candidates or the electorate.

If I who supported APC in the last election can highlight in 6 months in 3 articles the undeperformance of the new administration, I think supporters of the last administration can also bulge at the least a bit and agree that the administration performed below expectations in 5 years.

The focus for me is a better Nigeria.

Come May 29, 2016, if no clear direction under Bubu's government, I will spearhead the vehement campaign for an impeachment. I think he deserves at least a year to show his stuff before we completely go for the jugular. No more 4 years of mediocrity and experiments. That died with Jonathan's government. Nigerians are more enlightened today than they were 4 years ago.

I am happy my last opening remark made you laugh. Life is not always about who won or lost. Life is about objectivity over subjectivity.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend wink
Re: The Pounding Of The Old General & The Hero-lustration Of The Rejected President by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2015
realborn:

I cannot see it yet oooo.

INEC has conducted only one election under Buhari, Kogi. I am yet to read of any strong reaction against the conduct of INEC by the candidates or the electorate.

If I who supported APC in the last election can highlight in 6 months in 3 articles the undeperformance of the new administration, I think supporters of the last administration can also bulge at the least a bit and agree that the administration performed below expectations in 5 years.

The focus for me is a better Nigeria.

Come May 29, 2016, if no clear direction under Bubu's government, I will spearhead the vehement campaign for an impeachment. I think he deserves at least a year to show his stuff before we completely go for the jugular. No more 4 years of mediocrity and experiments. That died with Jonathan's government. Nigerians are more enlightened today than they were 4 years ago.

I am happy my last opening remark made you laugh. Life is not always about who won or lost. Life is about objectivity over subjectivity.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend wink

Give him all the time you desire bro...

A football match with referee from one of the contesting parties is already biased...

Best of the weekend too cheesy

(1) (Reply)

FG Still Yet To Pay Federal Tertiary Hospital Workers Salaries / PHOTOS: Man Gets Buried Inside G-wagon Casket In Anambra / Ex-militants Set Senator Abe’s Campaign Office On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.