Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years (925 Views)

Symba Hosts A Pool Party In Lagos In Racy Outfit (Photos) / 1000 Flies In Tonto Dikeh's Son's Room: "We've Been Facing Spiritual Battles" / Debie-Rise Profile: 8 Interesting Facts About The BBNaija Housemate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by exlinkleads(f): 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
1. Cyber Cafe

It’s more than a popular cliché that the only constant thing in life is change. Lagos is no exception to the idea of change as a lot of things come and disappear. With the advent of technology, a lot of things even change quickly and they are only remembered in the memory lane. 10 years ago, cyber cafes were the meeting points for people who wanted to engage in any form of internet communication and engagements.

They were almost in every streets and corners of the city. Online registrations for exams were exclusively carried out in cyber cafes. It was almost unthinkable to submit a job CV through a mobile phone. Internet fraud was also rampant and carried out in cyber cafes in Lagos. It got to a point when anyone seen in a cyber café in Lagos was considered an internet fraudster in search of a mugu to defraud. Now, only a sprinkle of cafes exists and these ones combine it with other forms of businesses. Mobile internet has taken over as the first point of connecting to the web.

2. Keke Napep

The tricycle, popularly known as keke napep in Lagos has always been around but was seen as a last option as a means of transportation for Lagos commuters. With the ban on commercial motorcycle in most areas of the city, the keke napep suddenly began to flourish. It didn’t just replace the okada but also competed with commercial buses as a desired means of transportation. Ten years ago, no one would even have considered it as a serious means of getting around in Lagos. I once told myself that i would not enter this means of transportation but guess what? lol

3. Internet Cheats

Mobile data subscriptions have become affordable with different plans to suit one’s needs. In Lagos, it wasn’t the case ten years ago when there was a strong rush and desire for cheat codes that would be used to get internet access without paying. These codes usually didn’t last before they become inaccessible but Lagosians are quick to discover other sets of codes. The story is different now though with the advent of chap data subscriptions.

4. Video Club

Over 10 years ago, video clubs were scattered around Lagos and with the growing production of movies, there was at least a new movie to see every day. Weekends were usually busy days for people who managed these clubs as they had a lot of people to rent out movies to at a price and an agreement that these CDs would be returned on particular days. The trend of seeing movies has changed now as people either go to cinemas or see the movies in the home. Sadly, piracy has also contributed to the disappearance of video clubs.

- See all and more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/11/how-times-flies-8-interesting-things.html#sthash.hHVBg273.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Michellla(f): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
True smiley
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Ibelong2God: 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
You have not shared all the info here and you are screaming on lalastic.lala to push it to front page. Hmm! Endtime expectations!
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by ojun50(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Op i sure say na out side lagos u they talk about
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
internet cheat seriously?
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Erukumakanaki: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ibelong2God:
You have not shared all the info here and you are screaming on lalastic.lala to push it to front page. Hmm! Endtime expectations!

A miracle can happen Bro But Lala ain't dumb either wink
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Ibelong2God: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
A miracle can happen Bro But Lala ain't dumb either wink
If it happens, then know ye that it's an endtime miracle
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Mrbigman1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Selling or recharge cards along the streets.
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by Wealth7(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
I remember d days of call centers..1seconds after d first minute automatically,you would b ask to pay for 2minutes..lol grin
Re: How Times Flies: 8 Interesting Things That Have Changed In Lagos In Ten Years by ki02020(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2015
I once claimed I will never enter that keke napep but now I prefer it to bus cuz they easily stop for passenger even when it not the bus stop

(1) (Reply)

Gehs Fall For Guys Who Make Dem Laugh? Fact Or Not Fact / Photos: Meet Comic Actor, Okon Lagos And His Adorable Family / Nigerian Idol Season 4 First Runner Up Eye-d Returns With Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.