Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,126 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? (1241 Views)

Is Kebbi Still Part Of Nigeria Or Has It Been Loaned To Another Country? / Is Nigeria One Nigeria Or Nigeria Is Trying To Be One Nigeria? / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by wkkwl: 6:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Sometimes I just feel like packing my bags and leaving this country?

Some of my folks here will say "If you leave who is going to build it"

I have been hearing this since I was born, they have never given the youths the opportunity to be part of the efforts of building this country, they said "we are too young and naive,we don't know what it entails to be a leader"

Look at the present situation we are passing through,
-Jobs
-No fuel
-No light
-No good roads
I mean you know all of them.......

Imagine a country God has blessed us with abundant natural resources and yet we suffer,
The westerners likened us "To living close to the River and yet you are still thirsty"

Am I the only one heartbroken?
If i was from a country like China, Korea,Japan i would have taken my life now.

Please is this what we really want?

You get to graduate from the uni?after the drama with your lecturers and all of that, you face another drama with NYSC, then comes the main drama with getting a job, you will be offered peanuts, treated like a slave in a country where you have gold, silver and what have you?

How long are going to continue pretending that everything is fine?
How long are we going to continue suffering and smiling?

All their children are abroad, they don't know what the average Nigerian youth is passing through,

is this what we really want?

What's the way forward?
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Oppypoppy: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2015
Way forward sha....na God. Since i was born People go just dey talk talk talk even for T.V every station you go na Siddon Talk, No implementation, No Change. Same Old people just dey pass Power to demselves nothing New. Only God can change diz Country. Wallahi Only God.
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by RockMaxi: 6:38am On Nov 29, 2015

@OP, kindly leave or don't you know the importance of making such a decision. cool

2 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Ajuba1: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2015
I pledge to nigeria my country,to be faithful,loyal and honest....but most of our leaders aren't.
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2015
Op u still dey here dey open thread while me i don dey trek dey go Cameroon like dis

3 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by ITbomb(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2015
Greekgoddess:
Op u still dey here dey open thread while me i don dey trek dey go Cameroon like dis
Hey let me join you so that anytime we are tired along the way, we can *some text missing*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by yhemsy62(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2015
OP Benin Republic border is widely open

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by agarawu23(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2015
yhemsy62:
OP Benin Republic border is widely open
op
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2015
ITbomb:

Hey let me join you so that anytime we are tired along the way, we can *some text missing*
Which text is missing

U better come back here and complete dis text before i will*some text missing *

2 Likes

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by cronsberg: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2015
Op no be only you o. I have given up on this country a long time ago, and is actively in the process of checking out very very soon. Imaging i graduated more than five years ago, but i still dont have a job, and don't even ask how many times i applied for jobs, because not a week passes by that i don't send out 3 or 4 job applications, yet all are rejected. Its like i ain't even meant to be in this damn country as i don't feel any connection either culturally or otherwise to this country. If you know how some people feel like they were suppose to be born in another era or time and not the present, i also feel i was suppose to be born in another country not here. Also imaging that whenever i watch foreign t.v channels, every country seems to be building or doing something great. But whenever i tune to nigerian channels like TVC or NTA, its always people talking about politics, or some maltina dance competitions, or some totally worthless program event that doesn't impact on nigerians at all. And to make matters even worst, our president is busy travelling the world attending worthless meetings instead of being busy lunching construction of power plants and inspecting others and inaugurating others e.t.c Am out of this country jor, no time

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Yujin(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2015
Reality biting hard with his sharp incisors. Soon he will draw blood and all hell will be let loose. Calm replaced with chaos and stillness overpowered by turbulence in the evil land called Nigeria. Many have graduated over six years yet without jobs. Their younger ones have left the schools of higher learning to join them in the labour market. Parents are frustrated as they have to contend with upkeep of your unemployed adult children. Many parents can't meet up anymore as their pensions no longer come. The female children faced with similar problems turn to prostitution as the future seems bleak. Hunger and lack has killed shame and dignity. Many are struggling for survival if only they can feed, clothe and have shelters over their heads. Everything is in shambles but they dare not question the government for those ones are but their gods. They rather look for the weakest in the society and prey on them. They wouldn't complain and challenge the man made suffering foist on them but will be eager to confront others who dare to stand up to the evil government. Suffering will continue in the land then. People will be crying both old and young. Disease and excruciating pains will ravage the populace until they know that power belongs to them. Stagnancy is but an illusion. Its either progression or retrogression. The Nigeria I know will only retrogress. Call me a prophet of doom and I'll call you a blind man. Ok let's do a simple maths: how many of your colleagues are with jobs now or running their own businesses? The result will shock you. Then add that of the set after you and that after them. Reality stares you now in the face. Tell me how jobs can be created in this era when a simple uninterrupted power supply your government cannot make available. Let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by loomer: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2015
If all of una leave the country, na who wan make am better na?

I beg make una get small patience
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2015
What a depressing thread chai!
Here's the thing, in nigeria, being an optimist makes u susceptible to becoming a perpetual zombie, while being a pessimist leaves u depressed and opening threads like this with suicide voices in ur head. OP and Co try being a realist that's the only way u will survive.
*runs out of thread b4 he gets depressed*
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by wkkwl: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
We keep praying hoping for the better.
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by playahata: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
After ALL the campaign promises made by new government, and after 6 months, I feel that we have been taken for another long ride. I mean fuel scarcity, no light!? What the fvck is going on. No respite at all
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
Biafra has taken its shape, the pro Nigerians can storm the street placing demands on the FG also push the NGRSenate to the wall else, it will get worst than you can imagine
Re: Are You Tired Of Nigeria,or Is It Just Me? by wkkwl: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2015
it's well!

(1) (Reply)

Evidence: Boko Haram Are Now Fully Integrated Into The Nigerian Army. / 20 Jaw-dropping Photos Of Some Of The Toughest Military Training Regimes. / Emir Of Kano And Sports Minister Spotted Together At Kano Airport (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.