Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria (1408 Views)

Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos / BLACK FRIDAY: Amazon's Jeff Bezo Hit $100 Billion Mark / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2015
When will many(60:40) Nigerians start reasoning straight. Online stores were shouting up to 80% and you think they will slash all products to 80% including iPhone 6, Samsung galaxy s6 etc, mehn you're crazy.

Who in his right sense will sell such discount on this high dollar rate. Who in his right sense will sell any product below cost me?

Last Friday made me to understand fully that common sense is not common in Nigeria.

Go rob the online stores, greedy set of people.

50% discount is not realistic, not to talk of 80%, get it now.

No harm meant, but I gotta tell ya all da truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by evanscheck(m): 7:27am On Nov 29, 2015
They actually slashed in so many products , I am witness. I bought things below the price of wat I used to buy... so believed

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:29am On Nov 29, 2015
evanscheck:
They actually slashed in so many products , I am witness. I bought things below the price of wat I used to buy... so believed

80% OFF?

Even if you were given discount, Note that it isn't the cost price not to talk of below cost price.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2015
It means you know nothing about Black Friday, the western world shops that they are copying do sell at crazy prices. It is once a year and the benefits of the awareness covers any temporary loss in the long run.

Someone with a fast finger bought Infinixh Hot 2 for about 9k

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 29, 2015
i dont understand the reason for this thread o, ppl baught things @cool price both online nd offline @slash of 30%, 50%. so why the wahala.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2015
ITbomb:
It means you know nothing about Black Friday, the western world shops that they are copying do sell at crazy prices. It is once a year and the benefits of the awareness covers any temporary loss in the long run.

Someone with a fast finger bought Infinixh Hot 2 for about 9k

Marketing strategy, don't be surprised that only 5 pcs was sold at that price.

To be frank with you, I planned for this Black Friday, checked the normal price of goods I wanted to buy, I was surprised to see same price on Black Friday, and the they hiked the price and still put the normal price. What some of them did was to sell 4 pcs at cheap price to make people believe they did something in black Friday.

After going through different store and saw what they did, I decided to buy nothing.

This are foreign online store I monitored. This is why I like eBay, everyday is black Friday grin

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2015
Youngzedd:

Marketing strategy, don't be surprised that only 5 pcs was sold at that price.
Yeah, limited stock, that is the idea
At least it was sold
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 7:58am On Nov 29, 2015
ITbomb:

At least it was sold

And they made millions believe on unrealistic discount.

That phone you were talking about, go to phone section, people were annoyed that all products with discounts were showing sold out in mid night.

I also noticed it at mid nigh, my question was, who bought those phones and how many pcs were made available.
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
This is frontpage material.
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by evanscheck(m): 12:10am On Nov 30, 2015
Youngzedd:

80% OFF?

Even if you were given discount, Note that it isn't the cost price not to talk of below cost price.

Until u buy things from them with d mind of genuity, u wud never appreciate d slash
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by viso311: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Guys i did not bother myself on this bcoz last yr wen jumia started it, i tried a lot of products as from 12am nd dey were all sold out. How many pple actualy bought dose products? Its just a ploy to attract so much traffic to dere sites. Next time dey shld indicate how many are in stock or else pple will knw dt it is all scam.
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by dhtglobal(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
ITbomb:

At least it was sold
Re: Black Friday: Common Sense Is Not Common In Nigeria by PLANETMARS(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2015
In a nut shell, op wanted to buy common sense which is widely available in other countries but found it was sold out here in nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Business / Join The Most Exclusive Business Club In Nigeria / To The People Investing Aimlessly In MMM Nigeria, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.