Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk (2550 Views)

Northern Governors Hold A Meeting With Buratai & NSA Monguno (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Has A Son Out Of Wedlock - IBTIMES UK / Video : Biafrans Hold Massive Protest In PH Demanding For Director's Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by ragiluhivo(m): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2015
IBTimes UK has hosted a debate on whether the Biafran issue could be resolved peacefully with the cooperation of the Nigerian government. David Otto, CEO of UK-based global security provider TGS Intelligence Consultants, and Immanu-el Yahgozie, editor at Biafra 24, discussed their views on whether Biafrans could hold a referendum on the secession advocated by the pro-Biafrans.

Pro-Biafrans call for the independence of territories that constituted the Biafran Republic, established in 1967 and reannexed to Nigeria in 1970, following a civil war that claimed between one and three million lives.

Supporters of the Biafra cause hold regular marches − which they call evangelisations − across several states in southern Nigeria, mainly inhabited by the Igbo ethnic group. Protests have intensified in the past few days in Nigeria and other states since Radio Biafra director Nnamdi Kanu was arrested.

The Nigerian government told IBTimes UK that it does not consider the separatist movement a threat to the current leadership and defined pro-Biafrans as an "insignificant number of frustrated people who are not a threat to the existence of Nigeria".

Army spokesman Colonel Sani Usman told IBTimes UK: "The message to the Biafrans is clear: The army and police might use the Rules of Engagement (ROE) on security operations to the fullest depending on the circumstances."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nigeria-should-pro-biafrans-hold-referendum-1530847

cc Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by SupremeXYZ(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2015
Yes they ain't threat,until it snowballs into a full fledged arm struggle,where lives and properties will be lost,then you see bastards begging them for dialogue and referrendum. Idiots.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2015
That was what the army and police said before bokoharam started killing over 105 soldiers weekly.

Biafra must be free.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by SegunAdewole: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
Only one thing is certain-The lugardian cage won't last forever.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by jimi4us: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2015
When boko haram were only killing Christians Nigerian Army said they are not threat. But now boko haram is now the world deadliest killers. We want Biafra hoo haa

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by coolzeal(m): 10:47am On Nov 29, 2015
Above all, we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. Referendum is a must in Nigeria.... Biafra is all we want.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Dejohnbull: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2015
Good way to go, referendum will be the answer to arm strugle. God bless Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by MrRobot: 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
A referendum is all we are asking for. Over 40M Biafrans have the right to self determination

CC:
alfred5(m), bolabolakemi(f), wisdomguy4u(m), Duru1(m), BishopMagic, DFemaleBoss(f), FacelessPatriot, Promhize(m), EasternPride, PappyMason, Eastlink(m), NOBLEDANDY(m), coolzeal(m), mirabel001(f), jboy73, chosen04(f), PointB, kingdompropty, IGBOPRINCE, moderation2020, noblezone(m), BADNEAT(m), frakdon(m), NWARIWEAKU, havocypie, pillarmaria(m), melzabull(f), Eddodoh, janengozi(f), biafranqueen, FreeGlobe(f), Ngwaukwu1(m), warrior01, Dhugal, exxell(m), peppyluv02(f), c33b33(m), Xwayhandsom264(m), Bobbystanley(m), Lanceslot(m), Obiagu1(m), ghostmist, UmuEri(m), athaboi(m), Chiwude(m), FrankAba1, biafranking, realkendy(f), ragiluhivo, CyberWolf, nwanlecha(f), ezeagu(m), kingzizzy, IPOB123london, pazienza(m), EasternLeopard, imsuboi(m), FREEDOM4BIAFRA, professorpeter, cheruv, pazienza, Duru1 , and other peace loving Biafrans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
YES!! YES!!! and YES!!

Say NO to one fraudulent, corrupt backward Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
MrRobot:
A referendum is all we are asking for. Over 40M Biafrans have the right to self determination

CC:
alfred5(m), bolabolakemi(f), wisdomguy4u(m), Duru1(m), BishopMagic, DFemaleBoss(f), FacelessPatriot, Promhize(m), EasternPride, PappyMason, Eastlink(m), NOBLEDANDY(m), coolzeal(m), mirabel001(f), jboy73, chosen04(f), PointB, kingdompropty, IGBOPRINCE, moderation2020, noblezone(m), BADNEAT(m), frakdon(m), NWARIWEAKU, havocypie, pillarmaria(m), melzabull(f), Eddodoh, janengozi(f), biafranqueen, FreeGlobe(f), Ngwaukwu1(m), warrior01, Dhugal, exxell(m), peppyluv02(f), c33b33(m), Xwayhandsom264(m), Bobbystanley(m), Lanceslot(m), Obiagu1(m), ghostmist, UmuEri(m), athaboi(m), Chiwude(m), FrankAba1, biafranking, realkendy(f), ragiluhivo, CyberWolf, nwanlecha(f), ezeagu(m), kingzizzy, IPOB123london, pazienza(m), EasternLeopard, imsuboi(m), FREEDOM4BIAFRA, professorpeter, cheruv, pazienza, Duru1 , and other peace loving Biafrans.

Definitely

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by yang(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Biafra is here

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by cupidFlint(m): 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
It is now. All we've craved for for years now is here. We definitely can't let the labour of heroes past to be in vain. Our dead brothers. And sisters. Potential. Great men and women. May they continue to rest in peace. Biafra my father land

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by teufelein(f): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by teufelein(f): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
Biafran fanatics on my social networks has decided to let good reasoning and the truth reign in their lives...bombarding me with funny justifications for protest acts and how they are being marginalized.
Lol, na now una know say una dey marginalized?...Former governor of Abia state received millions abi billions of allocation and lots of internal revenues, use am sponsor himself n family and well wishers, Aba no even get one good road...and that is called...?
Igbo governors go dey for seat and will work and give contracts to only his family or close relations without sending other people dat are worthy to be contracted, and you call that...?
I saw lots of medical students travelling to as far as kano and kaduna to submit their cvs for intern posts in federal medical hospitals there whereas there are lots of federal medical centres here and general hospital, I was forced to ask why the migration to such a troubled region for green pasture and they said, "if u are not related to someone in d hospital or if u don't have a letter from a top senator or someone in authority, u can never get an intern post."...now dat just an intern post, how about the proper employment post, I wonder if na president go give letter then...and that is called...?
These are just a few dat I can write here...I must b honest with u all, till the we igbos learn to love each other, there can never b biafra even if we are given biafra, we will still go to war amongst each other...igbo is d most divide ethic group in Africa...a yoruba man will feel better to talk with his brother in yoruba, and hausa man will love u just because u spoke hausa to him...you can never speak to ur fellow igbo man for just 2mins without hearing pidgin or english...some chicks will even add phonetics to the little igbo they speak.
I would've written dis in igbo, but quote me anywhere only 10% of the igbos I have here will b able to read it.
No one grows flowers in umuahia...people grow wat they can eat.
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nigerian government has declared that BIAFRA AGITATIONS IS legitimate

Which means that all that remains now is for Biafra loyalist to lobby and petition the World leaders, UN and since our sister is even a perm.Sec dre

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/194638-nigerian-government-reacts-to-biafra-says-protest-completely-legitimate.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by dunkem21(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:
Biafran fanatics on my social networks has decided to let good reasoning and the truth reign in their lives...bombarding me with funny justifications for protest acts and how they are being marginalized.
Lol, na now una know say una dey marginalized?...Former governor of Abia state received millions abi billions of allocation and lots of internal revenues, use am sponsor himself n family and well wishers, Aba no even get one good road...and that is called...?
Igbo governors go dey for seat and will work and give contracts to only his family or close relations without sending other people dat are worthy to be contracted, and you call that...?
I saw lots of medical students travelling to as far as kano and kaduna to submit their cvs for intern posts in federal medical hospitals there whereas there are lots of federal medical centres here and general hospital, I was forced to ask why the migration to such a troubled region for green pasture and they said, "if u are not related to someone in d hospital or if u don't have a letter from a top senator or someone in authority, u can never get an intern post."...now dat just an intern post, how about the proper employment post, I wonder if na president go give letter then...and that is called...?
These are just a few dat I can write here...I must b honest with u all, till the we igbos learn to love each other, there can never b biafra even if we are given biafra, we will still go to war amongst each other...igbo is d most divide ethic group in Africa...a yoruba man will feel better to talk with his brother in yoruba, and hausa man will love u just because u spoke hausa to him...you can never speak to ur fellow igbo man for just 2mins without hearing pidgin or english...some chicks will even add phonetics to the little igbo they speak.
I would've written dis in igbo, but quote me anywhere only 10% of the igbos I have here will b able to read it.
No one grows flowers in umuahia...people grow wat they can eat.

I challenge you to write this in Igbo .. aunty Biafra grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by 9jii(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
They can do whatever.
If they are ever serious,they ll never be begging Nigeria to let them go.
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by TechRez(m): 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
Did the government really say this?

The Nigerian government told IBTimes UK that it does not consider the separatist movement a threat to the current leadership and defined pro-Biafrans as an "insignificant number of frustrated people who are not a threat to the existence of Nigeria".
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by UmuEri(m): 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Definitely
nothing stops the Sun from Rising! All hail the Land of the Rising Sun!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by copiescopy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Definitely
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
IF YOU LOVE BIAFRA AND NIGERIA PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW

www.nairaland.com/2784221/why-agitation-biafra-must-cease
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by ragiluhivo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
antibiafra post=40777540[s:
]IF YOU LOVE BIAFRA AND NIGERIA PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW

www.nairaland.com/2784221/why-agitation-biafra-must-cease[/s]

Hey Igbo wannebe!! Are you soo dumb not to notice that no one cares about your opinion? The Biafrans movement is obviosuly too complicated for your ewedu brain
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by PedroJP(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Biafra is here already. God's time for it and no man can stop, not even America and Europe joined together against Biafra can stop Biafra.
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
laughing at that jew-wannabe
Re: Nigeria: Should Pro-biafrans Hold A Referendum? - Ibtimes.uk by frakdon(m): 12:46am On Dec 13, 2015
MrRobot:

CC:
these people needs to stop asking silly questions..

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Stealing My Intellectual Property On Nairaland / Sanitation: No Restriction Of Movement Tomorrow In Lagos / Btw Tinubu And Dolapo Osinbanjo Who Bowed To Buhari Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.