Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) (52968 Views)

Man Celebrates Pretty Female Barber Who Cut His Hair In A Saloon In Abuja. Photo / From Being An Errand Boy, Man Becomes A Car Dealer In Abuja. Photo / Man Dressed In White Selling Pure Water In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
zenar:
handsome...u see u ve to take everything to the next level... if u re selling meat...stand out from the crowd..

if u re a tailor stand out

if u re a cab driver stand out.

if u re a runs girl..stand out

if u re a gigolo standout

if u re an ashawo stand out

all in all be unique.
Runs girls, UNIPORT girls stand out
Ashaw0 girls, UNIBEN girls stand out
Gigolo,UNILAG guys stand out
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by 400billionman: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Psalm18:
Govt should create jobs.
All this is not sustainable

It is sustainable. Bashir could go home with N5,000 from 10 impressed customers at the end of the day.

How many shop owners make up to N5,000 in a day ?

He is meeting a NEED by providing a SERVICE.

Stop the negative orientation. A job does not entail dressing well and having an office space to throw files around with no subsisting productivity. Like the bloated Nigerian civil service in 9am to 4pm cycle.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2015
bettercreature:
The guy deserves better.Madam should just make him her house boy
Am very sure she will cheat on her husband wth the boy once she makes him her house boy.
From her writting sef am afraid she has fallen for him already
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by fexyrich(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2015
There is nothing to stand out in being an ashewo,gigolo or runs girl,U would have also said if you are an armed robber stand out or if you are a boko haram stand out..What kind of pointless talk is that..Can you also give that list to your children as advice?? Dont compare a decent young man like bashir who is working hard to earn a living to such people abeg!! No right thinking person or decent human beings would go into those bizzare professions u listed..
zenar:
handsome...u see u ve to take everything to the next level... if u re selling meat...stand out from the crowd..

all in all be unique.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Onegai(f): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
otiigba1:
Idiat! So you commend him for pushing barrow with dignity? I can bet my butt you will never let any of your families take up a career in barrow pushing even if it is with dignity, as long as its some one else, barrow pushing is a brilliant job/ career.

Customers are calling him to pre-book his services. When demand for him gets too much, he will hire clean, savvy barrow pushers to work under him and give him a cut of their money. So he becomes an employer of Labour... whilst all of you are here, looking for whom to give you job in your pretty white shirt, tie and suit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by danbrowndmf(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
zenar:

all in all be unique.
If na ashawo to stand out...?

If na thief to stand out..?.shocked

which sort of comment is this one?

Same thing i do tell my electrician friend,dress well n standout among your colleague...This thing really inspire me!
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by danbrowndmf(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
Onegai:

Customers are calling him to pre-book his services. When demand for him gets too much, he will hire clean, savvy barrow pushers to work under him and give him a cut of their money. So he becomes an employer of Labour... whilst all of you are here, looking for whom to give you job in your pretty white shirt, tie and suit.
#Word!
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
this is a young man that has a vision and sense of purpose...he will go far in life..he depicts what my mother taught me...whatever it is your hands find doing and it is honest, never despise it, do it with all dignity. Quite an inspiring young man.
Thanks to Mrs Chimieze and @op for sharing this inspiring story.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by otiigba1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Onegai:

if you are this smart? And barrow pushing is such a lucrative job or career for you, One wonders why you haven't taken this career part undecided
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
Onegai:

smiley
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2015
otiigba1:
if you are this smart? One wonders why you haven't taken this career part undecided
.. smiley
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by otiigba1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
.. smiley
am assuming you agree with me, yea? grin wink
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by naijaboiy: 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
musicwriter:

C.N. Okoli transport. Ever heard of that transport company?. A friend told me he knew him in the 70's and he was a truckpusher!. From 1 barrow he bought 2, from 2 barrows he bought 3. Then, he found out he couldn't use all 3 barrows at the same time.

And since he couldn't use all of them at the same time, he decided to rent them out to fellow pushers. Little by little from renting 3 barrows he had up to 20, 30, 40, 50, and so on. So he decided to leave pushing and focus just on renting instead. So, he quit pushing.

Long story short, from renting barrows he built a transport company, one of the biggest transport company in Nigeria today. He had a vision and he knew exactly what he was doing, even though he was a truckpusher.

This's why I like Don Jazzy. He's not the best music producer in Nigeria, but he have a vision to build a record company.

That Bashir guy is going places. He have a VISION. Other pushers have no such vision.

Vision!.
Perfect example.

The problem is just that many youths are always shy in doing such jobs as this. They don't see themselves doing anything close to this. It's simply because the society has placed such type of jobs on a very low scale.

But people seem to forget that it's not really about the job but how we go about it. And i'm not talking about human degrading jobs like prostitution or fraud.

As for me I won't look down on any job. Anything I lay my hands on,i'll try to be creative about it.

I was told of a common shìt parker who has made money from it by transforming his job into making and distributing mobile toilets.

Packaging is everything.

1 Like

Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by ruffcoin99(m): 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
All that money is not up to 2,000 naira thats somalia.
Mogidi:
Buhari's personal barrow pusher.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2557341_zimbabweandollarsbarrow_jpeg775f71abd49789acc25cfdcafb7a75c6
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by sage2(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
zenar:

all in all be unique.

...nice lips.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by catalanscrew(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
This guy pix don reach Nairaland
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Tedassie(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
E jst dey like i baffup to go toilet undecided

weird sha,anything to be outstanding in a positive light
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Abee79(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
I hope you gave him a tip after all this sermon and praises?
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Mbediogu(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=Caracta post=40512318]

You think it's inappropriate? Why? Is there a dress code? Is it the weather? What about marketers wearing suits under the scorching sun and intense heat? Would you have noticed him if he wore just singlet? Would you have respected him more if he looked dirty and unkempt?

The dude simply wanted to stand out. Let's not judge him. I commend everything about him. That dress sense was what attracted the woman to him, not even his attitude.[/m

Bros it would appear my point didnt click.
A marketer wants to impress you with dressing in order to get ur scarce attention.
There is no such burden on that well dressed God blessed future leader from point of his job at the moment. It is good to
dress well at all time though but a barrow pusher dressed that will attract more attention than a marketer in suit under the sun. It will be so even in USA and that is why
it is NEWSWORTHY.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by orakle007: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2015
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by UjSizzle(f): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
Inspiring! And that part about floating a company is a good idea. I once read the story of an American who started a company where people are hired to wait in line. I mean, just wait in line on behalf of another person for hours even days! And you charge them for it. Dude has employees today all where some people saw a problem (white people and wanting to be the first to have everything) one man saw a business.

This is really good. I must commend Bashir for standing out and finding dignity in his labour. I only pray he finds the foresight to take the next step.
God bless him.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by moststylish(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
zenar:

all in all be unique.
which one ar u?hmmmm ur pix says it
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by ecotwins: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Where is Mr TRUCKPUSHER of NAIRALAND... come see ya staff dey impress customer die!
On a more serious note, how many educated Nigerians with Masters degrees do CLEANING and Dead body washing jobs in the US and UK? There is dignity in labour! If he makes 2000 a day, it translates to 60k/month equivalent to level 7 FG jobs. If he makes up to 5k daily the he earns more than FG GL14... he is his own Boss and as other smart people are saying, he may soon be an employer of labour.
He is what we call a PORTER and they exist every where the world over. He may even be educated for all I know.
So I have a civil engineer friend doing bricklayer job in Abuja making more money that a university lecturer. He owns his own house in Abuja and its a sweet structure!
So what the Bleep is demeaning in holding your side in this tough economy? Since PMB ascend power, FG never employ na him make many of us Jobless gradutes waiting till forever for PMB's imaginary 5k/month dey get time to type rubbish out of unfounded pride. He makes more than FG minimum wage am sure!
The nature of your honest labour does not matter in the UK,US and other developed economies that I know! Proud and broke shall not be your portion!!!!

realteflon:
As share by Mrs chiemezie Claire Asunugwo Anyanwu on facebook.
She shared how Bashir Suleiman at the Utako Market in abuja finds dignity in his Mai Barrow Business

1 Like

Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by tommenoh(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Example of d scammers for data.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
Dis guy never work tire so tey hin go fling shirt comot body.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Mendo007(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
zenar:

if u re a cab driver stand ou

then what if you are into KILISHI like me? .........hold 1corinthains 2:9 will work. I luv it when I see young people tak the usual & make an unusual out of it.....#proudly team different....(Combo pack)

all in all be unique.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by easternguy: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2015
damisales:
swaggu labourer
God will surely PUNISH you
Please everybody should be informed that this poster is a SCAMMER and FRAUDSTER. He have no MTN data so don't send any money to him.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by EricDonn(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2015
Just as I take the positives from d story, I won't fail to notice the admiration and love in ur tone. If this Op stays in regular contact with this guy for another six months, it will take only the guys discipline not to nyash her
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Titidi(f): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
Omo see gators on a well starched native with a nice wristwatch, even the wheelbarrow is sparkling clean.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:46am On Nov 30, 2015
otiigba1:
Idiat! So you commend him for pushing barrow with dignity? I can bet my butt you will never let any of your families take up a career in barrow pushing even if it is with dignity, as long as its some one else, barrow pushing is a brilliant job/ career.

I guess to you dignity is probably being handcuffed and arrested in Malaysia or similar Asian country with a belly full of cocaine pellets, in order to return with a few dollars so that you could be flexing big boy at your village this Christmas.
Re: Well Dressed Barrow Pusher In Abuja (PHOTO) by Demostical01(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2015
grin sharp guy go wear Him Christmas cloth in advance. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Army Officer Ogunleye Ruth Cries Out For Help Over Alleged Superior Maltr / Female Vulcanizer Who Works With Her Husband In Enugu -- Photos / 10 Nigerian Jobs That May Turn Female Employees To Runs Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.