Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard (2805 Views)

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by LordReed(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

If it talks like a drunkard it is probably drunk. Its not really a question you have to answer.

Not true when the statement is metaphorical. You look like a cow can not translate to you are a cow. These are metaphorical statements meant to convey an idea.
Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
LordReed:

Not true when the statement is metaphorical. You look like a cow can not translate to you are a cow. These are metaphorical statements meant to convey an idea.

I look like a cow means I have features that makes me look like a cow. The passage did not sound like a metaphor, don't twist the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by LordReed(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

I look like a cow means I have features that makes me look like a cow. The passage did not sound like a metaphor, don't twist the obvious.

Still does not mean you are cow. There is no twisting here except of course you have already made up your mind to be antagonistic to every mention of God.

KJ21 Then the LORD awakened as one out of sleep, like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.

The bolded already qualifies the statement as a metaphor so saying it means God is drunk is be willfully blind to what is right in your face.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
LordReed:

Still does not mean you are cow. There is no twisting here except of course you have already made up your mind to be antagonistic to every mention of God.

KJ21 Then the LORD awakened as one out of sleep, like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.

The bolded already qualifies the statement as a metaphor so saying it means God is drunk is be willfully blind to what is right in your face.

Listen I know it is a Simili. As bold as a lion mean a courageous person. But then,god being slumber at some point and waking up to kill is enemies is funny. A god with human characteristics.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
1feness:

Listen I know it is a Simili. As bold as a lion mean a courageous person. But then,god being slumber at some point and waking up to kill is enemies is funny. A god with human characteristics.

You know it's a simile yet you say God has human characteristics lol shows how shallow your understanding of simile is.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
LordReed:

You know it's a simile yet you say God has human characteristics lol shows how shallow your understanding of simile is.

But your god does have human characteristics because it is an invention of humans. But you called it a Metaphor while I said it was a Simile.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verse That Called God A Drunkard by AvrilNeuf(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2015
Imbecility has gotten the best part of you.. ..... Well na haram to go school sha so I'm not expecting u to understand how figures of speech are used..

Come to the redemption camp on sunday and tap sense from the floodgates of heaven.......

Imbecility buried down deep in ur genes.. You're created to be #stupid so I'm not surprised cos you're only fulfilling destiny grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Biography – Background,education,marriage Life / Who Copied Who?(bible And Quran) / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.