Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students (31686 Views)

Physiotherapy Vs Dentistry @uniben?? / Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Or Physiotherapy? / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2015
I opened this thread for physiotherapy students to give their insight about the course after I discovered that I have not come across such threads before , especially from ppl who are well versed in it. Your views are appreciated . Those who are aspiring to study medical rehabilitation are also welcome.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Hello, physiotherapist in the house. I'm really happy seeing a thread here for Physiotherapy. I just gained admission to study med rehab.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tholuwaniey(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
#following
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
I noticed that there isn't much usually said about physiotherapy , so feel free to share any info about it thanks.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by toluxe0075: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2015
Hello guys, I recently gained admission to study physiotherapy, I'll be looking forward to learn from senior colleagues . Glad to be here
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2015
toluxe0075:
Hello guys, I recently gained admission to study physiotherapy, I'll be looking forward to learn from senior colleagues . Glad to be here
hey! Me too. Which of the universities?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by toluxe0075: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2015
Tuneprice:
hey! Me too. Which of the universities?
Ui and you?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
ABOUT PHYSIOTHERAPY.
WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means.
Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function who work in partnership with their patients, assisting them to overcome movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
Physiotherapy can help recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility.
A physiotherapist can also help you prevent
further injury by listening to your needs and working with you to plan the most appropriate treatment for your condition, including setting
goals and treatment outcomes.
As first contact practitioners, a doctor's referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors,
and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition.
The follow diseases are areas a physiotherapist can work:
-Arthritis
-Asthma
-Back pain
-Breathing problems
-Cancer
-Cardiovascular Conditions (including post
heart attack, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
Disease (COPD), and pneumonia)
-Cerebral palsy
-Chronic Pain
-Concussions
-Dementia
-Diabetes
-Education and health promotion
-Falls & Fractures
-Geriatrics (care of the elderly)
-High Blood Pressure
-Incontinence
-Intensive Care
-Long-term conditions
-Mental health
-Multiple Sclerosis
-Neck Pain
-Neurological Conditions (stroke, concussions, spinal injury, Parkinson’s disease),
-Occupational Health
-Orthopaedics and trauma
-Osteoporosis
-Paediatrics (children)
-Recovery after major surgery
-Rehabilitation
-Sports
-Vestibular Disorders (dizziness)
-Workplace health
...And many others

What sort of treatment do Physiotherapists use?
Physiotherapists are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong. Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
The following are common treatment methods physiotherapists may use:
-Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
-Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
-Muscle re-education to improve control airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
-Soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
-Acupuncture
-Hydrotherapy
-Assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.

Where do physiotherapists work?
Physiotherapists work in all sectors of healthcare, including public hospitals, private practice, rehabilitation centres, sporting clubs and community health centres.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
xoella:
I noticed that there isn't much usually said about physiotherapy , so feel free to share any info about it thanks.
which university are you and what level?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2015
Tuneprice:
Tuneprice:
Tuneprice:
Am in obafemi awolowo university
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2015
Tuneprice:
Tuneprice:
Tuneprice:
Am in obafemi awolowo university ile ife
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
xoella:

Am in obafemi awolowo university ile ife
Wow! That's nice great Ife!
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by veeveanO(f): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2015
Physiotherapy... . UNIZIK
When I tell some peeps am studying physiotherapy.. They would be like, '"it's for mad people right"

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2015
toluxe0075:
its not for mad ppl . its for ppl who are injured but are being helped to go back to their normal way of living before the accident.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by toluxe0075: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
xoella:
its not for mad ppl . its for ppl who are injured but are being helped to go back to their normal way of living before the accident.
Waow!! Thanks for the info
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
I heard Physical therapy is for old people. How true?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Tuneprice: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
Has med rehab students do we do the same courses with Medicine students?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
i
Tuneprice:
Has med rehab students do we do the same courses with Medicine students?
i in my sch we offer the same courses with medicine students with our own departmental courses for the 2nd nd 3rd yr after dat we face ours squarely.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Tuneprice:
I heard Physical therapy is for old people. How true?
its for everyone who needs help in getting back to their normal everyday life after an injury nd it also helps with pain and challenges in movement and other activities so its not only for old ppl
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by superfelix: 12:12am On Jan 14, 2016
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Drbiodun(m): 1:55am On Jan 15, 2016
Av jxt bin admitted to study physiotherapy in oau..i knw we offer same courses as medicine students bt z it wit all dos anatomy cadaver practicals?@physio xoella
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Drbiodun(m): 2:49am On Jan 15, 2016
Does med rehab students in oau offer maths in 100level?cos me hate maths with my blood..i also heard 1 can cross to medicine part3 frm physiotherapy afta graduation..wat level re u?@physio xoella
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Drbiodun:
Does med rehab students in oau offer maths in 100level?cos me hate maths with my blood..i also heard 1 can cross to medicine part3 frm physiotherapy afta graduation..wat level re u?@physio xoella
we don't offer maths n about d crossing am not so sure of dat but all crossings from one dept to anoda take place in 200level.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
superfelix:
HappY New Year to y'all ..I'm a Med Rehab aspirant... OAU!
congrats
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by xoella: 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Drbiodun:
Av jxt bin admitted to study physiotherapy in oau..i knw we offer same courses as medicine students bt z it wit all dos anatomy cadaver practicals?@physio xoella
yes we also do anatomy practicals using cadavers.
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Drbiodun(m): 11:07am On Jan 27, 2016
xoella:
yes we also do anatomy practicals using cadavers.
owk,tnx big sis..u must b close to graduation nw or av u graduated?
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by dareajayi(m): 1:27am On Mar 02, 2016
i am newly admitted into oau to study medical rehabilitation, can anyone please tell me about dis course in oau
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by Drbiodun(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
dareajayi:
i am newly admitted into oau to study medical rehabilitation, can anyone please tell me about dis course in oau
hw u doin my course mate??i too got admitted into medical rehabilitation..itz a five yr course in d faculty of basic medical sciences unda d college of health sciences nd itz into 3 i.e 100level,preclinicals(200l nd 300l) nd clinicals(400L nd 500l)..search for "THE PHYSIOTHERAPIST" on facebook xo as to get u enlightened
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by olatunjysky: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
am newly admitted.into oau medical rehabilitation..... 08183332378 for watsapp
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by dareajayi(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
tnx
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by dareajayi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
tnx
Re: A Thread For Medical Rehabilitation ( Physiotherapy) Students by dareajayi(m): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
Drbiodun:
hw u doin my course mate??i too got admitted into medical rehabilitation..itz a five yr course in d faculty of basic medical sciences unda d college of health sciences nd itz into 3 i.e 100level,preclinicals(200l nd 300l) nd clinicals(400L nd 500l)..search for "THE PHYSIOTHERAPIST" on facebook xo as to get u enlightened

k tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Landmark University In Pictures / Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University / Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.