Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending (674 Views)

Governors Silent After Meeting Buhari In London / Buhari Speaks At The Climate Change Conference (COP22) 2016 In Morocco / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Participating In UN Climate Change Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by MansaMoussa: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2015
Dear Nigerians, Una good morning oh! Eku Fuel Scarcity?
Pls I don't know where to put this, mod pardon me.
Major cities of the World are dealing with demonstrations aimed to put pressure on World Govts to negotiate a favourable deal on curbing climate change, which to me is a worse plague than boko Haram, fulani herdsmen or massob/ipob, in fact some of their activities may be direct outcomes of climate change..
LAGOS may be submerged completely in 30yrs if current ocean tide rise is sustained...countries like the Maldives, Polynesia, etc are distinguishing themselves in climate change discussions because they see themselves are primary victims..
My Question to the Nigerian delegation is :
What is your stand in France?
How do you intend to achieve it?
Is it all-inclusive or favours a certain section of the country?
What are you bringing to our rubber-stamp parliament to ratify?

Abi we no get environmental activitists for Naija again since Saro Wiwa die?

APC and PDP peeps....Pls don't politicise my thread!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by divinehand2003(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2015
Is BUBU in France? I'm not aware
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by ojophilip(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2015
because we don't care... I know one day he will face Nigeria problems n pause his traveling things
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by Mynd44: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Because we dont care. We just want to live today….
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by MyMouth(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2015
Who cares about climate change when there are no jobs and no fuel angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2015
Person wey im house dey burn dey pursue rat?

The leadership of this country will kill us faster than the so called climate change: so why not face leadership first? Is climate our major problem?.

See most of those countries talking of climate change have better leadership.

Pmb no suppose go there self.

Wetin pmb go even say there?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2015
MyMouth:
Who cares about climate change when there are no jobs and no fuel angry

Ask am oooo. Even when chibok girls are still missing, 105 soldiers missing, BAMgirls missing, treasury missing, kidnappers everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by jamex93(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2015
Make climate change na
All na change
Re: Why Are Nigerians Silent About The Climate Change Meeting Buhari Is Attending by MansaMoussa: 10:33am On Nov 30, 2015
I agree with you Guys, but you see, no country is free of problems! And the presence of one doesn't exclude others!
Solving some of these issues may be depend on paying attention to climate change!
For example, addressing desertification will go a long way to halting fulani migration southwards, and incessant clashes with farmers!
It would also speed up the repopulation of the Chadian basin which boko Haram and shrinking of the lake has depopulated..
Down South nko? Our Littoral States are at risk, it becomes significant because more that 80% of the nation's revenue is generated from here! Even more significant for our landlocked neighbours who solely depend on ports in the bight of Benin and Biafra etc...
We cannot afford to be uninterested in things like this because they may pose the challenges of the future,and we may be carried away by the upheavals of today to make adequate arrangements for our children who may now be forced to deal with our leftover problems plus novel issues like climate change which may have assumed dominance in discussions of the future.

Look at Countries in Europe and some States in the U.S hammering on clean energy...once China and Russia put their hands on paper, we may wake up on day being signatory to treaties that threaten our industrialization or tie our hands whole we watch our lands go..

If the Govt feels it's important enough to abandon pressing state issues to attend such summit, it becomes imperative to carry us along in such negotiations...abi educated middle class no dey Nigeria again?
Are we saying all the bogus NGOs championing environmental sustainability in Nigeria aren't concerned? Abi na NGO for the Money?
Bangladesh condition worse pass us, but they realise as a country below sea-level, if they shut up, the sea will consume the country and all her problems!

Peeps mk una check am!

(1) (Reply)

AFTER ONITSHA MAYHEM: Pro-biafra Activists In Fresh Mobilisation / Army,mopol, Police And Road Safety Officials Now A Cause For Concern In Onitsha / Update: Buhari Receives Members Of The Unity Party Of Nigeria See (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.