Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

The Nigeria You Want Is Already With You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria You Want Is Already With You (368 Views)

You Are Un, We Are Nigeria, You Can Not Tell Us Who To Arrest - Fg Blast Un Over / All We Want Is Self-determination,the Ship Call Nigeria Is Grounded- ND Avengers / Learn About Screening Ministers, According To The Nigeria Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria You Want Is Already With You by sacostyles(m): 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
Sometimes when I think about the socio-economic situation of my native country, the chaos caused by a corrupt political system, the oppression and suffering of the common people, and the deplorable state of our youth (who should be the leaders of now by now, but are tending to become the moochers of tomorrow), I cannot help but burry my head (no, not in the sand…) in search through history for answers as to why things are the way they are and how they could improve; and to at least console myself with the thought that no civilization was ever immune to this sort of decadence at some point in time. However, I did stumble upon an event during biblical times that reminds me of the sort of challenges faced by those who chant the ‘Change Mantra’.

First, a little caveat: though I make reference to the “good book” this remains a topic of conscience. The characters mentioned happen to be more than just historical figures to me.

So here we go... Once upon a time, Jesus moved about healing the sick, raising the dead, and performing myriads of miracles in the lives of the most unfortunate and helpless in his society, but he came to a point on his mission where he paused and realized the more he did the more he still had to do!

I try to imagine how he must have felt when he looked out at an overwhelming multitude of people pouring out from the forgotten corners of his neighborhood in need of help;
• people that didn’t know where their next meal would come from,
• people threatened by civil unrests and made homeless by terrorist activities, wars and anthropogenic disasters,
• people sickened with diverse ailments caused by obvious societal negligence and gross environmental mismanagement… just to name a few.

He knew he had the power to offer help, but even if he were to share himself into twelve he could not even reach out to a tenth of them in time (Mt 9:35-38).

So now I ask myself, what would I do when I know all hope would be lost if nothing could be done immediately to help the situation of things? Sometimes I get exhausted merely by staring at the mountain of responsibilities before me, and honestly I retire before even taking a step. Who do you confide in when you realize how frail you are, and the people looking up and/or to you begin to suspect you don’t know what you’re doing?

Sometimes, in a decay is found the perfect condition for a seed to grow...

MLK once looked at the broken situation of the black youth in America, and the bleak future for his little children in society and yet declared the “I have a dream” speech.

In the late 80s, Mandela stared at the dark walls of his prison cell and saw the end of apartheid in his beloved South Africa.

Not to talk about the one man that brought an entire colonial might to her knees in the late 1940s.

So he quipped: “the harvest is truly plenty but the laborers are few.” And in this honest moment with his followers, and in further investigation into what followed, I learnt many divine principles I would love to share with you and maybe perfect in my own journey when met with a moment of truth:
1) The law of Sacrifice (which I term the Law of One) – From this law proceed all others. Everything starts and ends with one; one person, one act, and one opportunity. Whatever you want to see in the world you have to give it first. A grain of wheat doesn’t produce until it falls to the ground and “dies” (germinates).
2) The Law of Empowerment – Lift others up and they will in turn lift you up. Whatever you have share it with others, no matter their level compared to yours. Someone once shared with you something you weren’t qualified for and it improved your life. You perfect your learning of what you teach others. That was the whole point of the movie Lucy.
3) Law of instruction – One performs better when he/she knows better. Lay down rules and guidelines specific to their roles.
4) Law of priority – Go with the most elementary or familiar challenges, then move on to the next.
5) Law of focus – Go ask jack of all trade “who is master of none?”
6) The Law of Initiative – Start! Do something! Anything! Learn from it, and then do the next. A wise man once said, “Don’t get hung up on what step four is when you haven’t completed step first.” Another said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
7) Law of Supplication (I term this the Law of Ask, ask and ask again!) – A well directed and incessant, heartfelt request of a sincere man works very well and is very profitable for him.

Finally, there is always a divine help that accompanies one who abides by these principles. I pray I have made a new powerful friend today that can help me make a better Nigeria. I pray you feel the energy you need to make your life better in Nigeria. I pray the positive transformation we need in Nigeria begins to manifest; but it can't if we cannot first see it in our minds.

Have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

100 Kaduna Hunters Volunteer To Assist Military In Fighting Boko Haram / FG To Spend N500bn On Social Welfare Programme To Cater To Poor Nigerians In 201 / Idps To Return To Their Homes In 2016 – Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.