Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... (2393 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Breakup? / After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
I met my GF early this year, she was the lady of my dream. She got height, shape and she is quite intelligent ....but these features didn't attract me at first...what did was her simplicity and how she dressed (with a touch of old school) that got me spell-bounded, enchanted and hypnotised... Seeing her on a curly hair, admiring her long legs and long neck tongue was like having my fantasy come true. Growing up I admired women on short curly hairs and I had a phobia for "Make-up"... (for history sake it's a personal thing. My mum and siblings do have "make-up" kits but I detest it and loved simplicity and it reflects on my designs...though I do get criticised that is "too simple" or "too economical"wink)...I really got carried away starring at her, I had to alight from the bus I boarded that was going to P/Harcourt to board the bus she was about boarding to Enugun. I ensured I sat beside her grin...the bus got filled and we zoomed off.

I initiated conversation and we got talking. I fed her soft lies about construction and design cos she told me she was serving in a new generation bank in Lagos. I didn't know she had a degree in civil engineering embarassed. After telling her all the zobos she giggled and later she started pointing out the lies....I felt like jumping out of the bus we became quiet until I told her Enugun was actually not my destination, that she made me board the bus. She couldn't stop starring at me in amazement. That was the turning point. She advised I alighted at a junction (Nine mile or so) so that I could easily board a bus to P/H. We exchanged contacts and I alighted at the crowded junction and boarded a bus to PH.

Later we became close friends and that transformed into dating. She was always stunning I got her all sort of short curly wigs and her make up was minimal. Seeing her every weekend was made in heaven..........lately those simple looks are getting complicated. She started increasing the amount of make-up and blamed it on work that she is now in Customer Service and have to look good. Although while visiting she tries minimising but I think she loves the make up. I no longer see that innocent look that made my heart abandon its rib cage. I discovered that I no longer excuse her mistakes. We have talked about it but we ain't making much progress. Early this month we went out to see a movie and she placed her head on my shoulder only for me to see terrible stains I flared up later. Ordinarily I wouldn't but I felt something was not right. Two weeks ago we were arguing and I hit her (guys Pls focus on the subject not the slap cos I know some ppl are saints and some ppl we bring down heaven if their BF hits them...)I later apologised. I don't think I should continue. Last weekend we were supposed to hang but I found bashing and schooling some NLanders all through the weekend was more exciting than picking picking her calls...I got umpteen messages this morning....I think I want to quit...Guys do you think this is still salvageable or I should just walk away....?? I do want to walk away because of all the bickering, squabbling and haggling but I just want an affirmation and a conviction that I am taking the right step...

2 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by ladyF(f): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Woman beater. That's the only thing I could pick honestly angry Go and pick on someone your own size next time you want to raise a fist.

I'll say a prayer for the poor lady, may God give her the strength to flee this violent relationship she has gotten herself into. Real men done hit women!!! angry *hiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by misspicy(f): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2015
It would have been salvageable if you hadn't introduced resetting but since you slapped her already just let her go but if she can cope with the slap and your intolerance she will not let you go......

Relationship is not all about love or what attracted you to a person,you need to compromise,tolerate and adjust

my opinion cool

2 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by ibe9ja: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
You're taking the right step: walk away from the relationship because she doesn't need a mad man around her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by donTbone(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2015

Yes...the mistake many of us has made is here!

1. He got attracted by the outside look not getting to know her well b4 the relationship
2. There is no reality questions to see if they are compatible or not.
3. He allowed feelings and emotions to come after wisdom and sense.
4. There isn't a sound check of 'am I ready for a relationship' b4 asking her out

Yes, its good to fall in love and xperience all sort of things but I do say...
LOVE is never enough! Let reality come first b4 love

That's all!

4 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
Maybe you two are not meant for each other..
or you work on yourself... If you want things to work..But the way you talking, it seems you want to quit.
adios
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by iceberylin(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Searching for a girl that doesn't make up in 2015.....

U'LL might never get married bro

5 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
ladyF:
Woman beater. That's the only thing I could pick honestly angry Go and pick on someone your own size next time you want to raise a fist.

I'll say a prayer for the poor lady, may God give her the strength to flee this violent relationship she has gotten herself into. Real men done hit women!!! angry *hiss
....wow really....ohhh...I guess you didn't read the part where I apologised....well thanks for picking just that...
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
iceberylin:

...wow...thanks for reminding...but that is not the focus of this thread...
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by ibrams(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
is this the only problem you have about her .........or you think she is cheating on you

3 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by elantraceey(f): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
You dated her for the wrong reasons and now things have changed,you want out. please let her be because you're just selfish and you hav no feelings for her.

I'm sure she really likes you else she would have dumped you long ago.
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
ibe9ja:
You're taking the right step: walk away from the relationship because she doesn't need a mad man around her.
....thanks bro....madness is not a sin is it?...
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by jaymichael(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
I really did not make any meaning out of this story. Did anyone?
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2015
ibrams:
is this the only problem you have about her .........or you think she is cheating on you
I don't know if she is cheating or not...No evidence moreover I don't think about that.....i guess the the major problem is I find it difficult to excuse her mistakes...
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by Airforce1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
I smell "friend zoning"

1 Like

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
elantraceey:
You dated her for the wrong reasons and now things have changed,you want out. please let her be because you're just selfish and you hav no feelings for her.

I'm sure she really likes you else she would have dumped you long ago.
I didn't date her for the wrong reasons. I am not good at slandering or emphasising on peoples' unwholesome attitudes...she made many blunders but I don't want to talk about it....The basic problem is I discover recently I can no longer excuse her mistakes like I use to
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
jaymichael:
I really did not make any meaning out of this story. Did anyone?
kudos Nigga
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by Richardonald(m): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
Op i don't undastnd u..u slap her to test her if she is arrogant or what,well op did right thing becuz this century u have 2 knw who u are going with b4 considering next 2 do..but dat gal suppose fume b4 4getting it....
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
misspicy:
It would have been salvageable if you hadn't introduced resetting but since you slapped her already just let her go but if she can cope with the slap and your intolerance she will not let you go......

Relationship is not all about love or what attracted you to a person,you need to compromise,tolerate and adjust

my opinion cool
Hitting her was not entirely my fault though I apologised...yeah intolerance is the basic problem I see lurking around....thanks...
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2015
Seconded, unless he will go 4 serious deeper life sisters
iceberylin:

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by Richiy(f): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
Richardonald:
Op i don't undastnd u..u slap her to test her if she is arrogant or what,well op did right thing becuz this century u have 2 knw who u are going with b4 considering next 2 do..but dat gal suppose fume b4 4getting it....

So it is through slap you will test somebody's arrogance right? angry angry angry angry

Let me slap you so that we can see how arrogant you really are undecided undecided undecided

As for OP, dating her because she does not make up is not supposed to be the foundation of the relationship... Please walk away.

2 Likes

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
Richardonald:
......aaawww...hitting her was bad, it was involuntary...I begged earnestly...thanks but that is not tje focus of this thread....before they start calling me Woman beater
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
Richiy:

So it is through slap you will test somebody's arrogance right? angry angry angry angry

Let me slap you so that we can see how arrogant you really are undecided undecided undecided

As for OP, dating her because she does not make up is not supposed to be the foundation of the relationship... Please walk away.
....wow... he made some misguided statements I think I have addressed that...thanks for ur opinion
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oma307:
Seconded, unless he will go 4 serious deeper life sisters
Dude...like seriously... embarassed??....ur opinion though
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:

Yes...the mistake many of us has made is here!

1. He got attracted by the outside look not getting to know her well b4 the relationship
2. There is no reality questions to see if they are compatible or not.
3. He allowed feelings and emotions to come after wisdom and sense.
4. There isn't a sound check of 'am I ready for a relationship' b4 asking her out

Yes, its good to fall in love and xperience all sort of things but I do say...
LOVE is never enough! Let reality come first b4 love

That's all!
I guess it is the outside look that you see first. Basically that is what attracts anyone first...for the remaining points I guess they are too subjective...your opinion though thanks..
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by IamLEGEND1: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
story for dem zeus.
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
story for dem zeus.
what is this one saying.....? undecided
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by ibrams(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
SSpeter:
I don't know if she is cheating or not...No evidence moreover I don't think about that.....i guess the the major problem is I find it difficult to excuse her mistakes...
after you don chop finish..... u the see mistakes it is not good ooooo..... I don talk my own
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by GoldenJAT(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
I normally don't contribute on threads of this nature, but in this particular case I am move 2 contribute my quota. Bt before I proceed I like to point out 1 or things that I Wil use in buttressing my point on why u should move on with her.
In d course of growing up and and dating 2 or 3 gals as the case mayb, I av come 2d realization that we all came from different background and Tolerance is 1 key that goes a long way in helping a relationship... Your faults at Op
1.u seems like sum1 that would be a perfectionist
2 you are easily bored with a gal
3.your temper!!!! I'm not judging bt u av got 2 put it under control. Check urself 1st and do a lot of talking... Ask u urself sum truthful questions like y she changed all of a sudden from that simple gal you knew, 2 sumbdy u now detest this much Can't say more... Cos evrtin lies with u... Just USE UR HEAD.
Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
ibrams:
after you don chop finish..... u the see mistakes it is not good ooooo..... I don talk my own
.... shocked...Bros the focus on thread...naaa....pls..

1 Like

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by schumastic(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
SSpeter:
I met my GF early this year, she was the lady of my dream. She got height, shape and she is quite intelligent ....but these features didn't attract me at first...what did was her simplicity and how she dressed (with a touch of old school) that got me spell-bounded, enchanted and hypnotised... Seeing her on a curly hair, admiring her long legs and long neck tongue was like having my fantasy come true. Growing up I admired women on short curly hairs and I had a phobia for "Make-up"... (for history sake it's a personal thing. My mum and siblings do have "make-up" kits but I detest it and loved simplicity and it reflects on my designs...though I do get criticised that is "too simple" or "too economical"wink)...I really got carried away starring at her, I had to alight from the bus I boarded that was going to P/Harcourt to board the bus she was about boarding to Enugun. I ensured I sat beside her grin...the bus got filled and we zoomed off.

I initiated conversation and we got talking. I fed her soft lies about construction and design cos she told me she was serving in a new generation bank in Lagos. I didn't know she had a degree in civil engineering embarassed. After telling her all the zobos she giggled and later she started pointing out the lies....I felt like jumping out of the bus we became quiet until I told her Enugun was actually not my destination, that she made me board the bus. She couldn't stop starring at me in amazement. That was the turning point. She advised I alighted at a junction (Nine mile or so) so that I could easily board a bus to P/H. We exchanged contacts and I alighted at the crowded junction and boarded a bus to PH.

Later we became close friends and that transformed into dating. She was always stunning I got her all sort of short curly wigs and her make up was minimal. Seeing her every weekend was made in heaven..........lately those simple looks are getting complicated. She started increasing the amount of make-up and blamed it on work that she is now in Customer Service and have to look good. Although while visiting she tries minimising but I think she loves the make up. I no longer see that innocent look that made my heart abandon its rib cage. I discovered that I no longer excuse her mistakes. We have talked about it but we ain't making much progress. Early this month we went out to see a movie and she placed her head on my shoulder only for me to see terrible stains I flared up later. Ordinarily I wouldn't but I felt something was not right. Two weeks ago we were arguing and I hit her (guys Pls focus on the subject not the slap cos I know some ppl are saints and some ppl we bring down heaven if their BF hits them...)I later apologised. I don't think I should continue. Last weekend we were supposed to hang but I found bashing and schooling some NLanders all through the weekend was more exciting than picking picking her calls...I got umpteen messages this morning....I think I want to quit...Guys do you think this is still salvageable or I should just walk away....?? I do want to walk away because of all the bickering, squabbling and haggling but I just want an affirmation and a conviction that I am taking the right step...

OP y hit a lady na s not good and pls just let her go b4 you cont the hitting since she s no longer the girl you got attracted to

1 Like

Re: How We Started And Why I Want A Breakup..... by SSpeter(m): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
GoldenJAT:
I normally don't contribute on threads of this nature, but in this particular case I am move 2 contribute my quota. Bt before I proceed I like to point out 1 or things that I Wil use in buttressing my point on why u should move on with her.
In d course of growing up and and dating 2 or 3 gals as the case mayb, I av come 2d realization that we all came from different background and Tolerance is 1 key that goes a long way in helping a relationship... Your faults at Op
1.u seems like sum1 that would be a perfectionist
2 you are easily bored with a gal
3.your temper!!!! I'm not judging bt u av got 2 put it under control. Check urself 1st and do a lot of talking... Ask u urself sum truthful questions like y she changed all of a sudden from that simple gal you knew, 2 sumbdy u now detest this much Can't say more... Cos evrtin lies with u... Just USE UR HEAD.
.....Temper yeah...mind you I can absorb a lot.....but sometimes I.....m lipsrsealed...perfectionist....??...basically that is what i do for a living ryt now...I criticise...and try to find perfection...with designs though not people...boring??...... I enjoy conversations and I initiate them too...I am an extrovert...well I think I may reflect on these points

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know If A Lady Is Interested In You (or Not) Via Her Body Language (PIC) / Quickie Or Full Sex, Which And Where Do You Prefer? / the Look of our nigerian hairstyle before attachments,weave on e.t.c took over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.