Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? (458 Views)

Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Killing Of Worshipers In Catholic Church In Anambra / Are Catholics Stupid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? by Liftkid(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Catholics are Idol worshipers ?
They worship Mother Mary ??

I have heard and stumbled on several articles and posts saying that we Catholics are Idol worshipers and we Honour Mary!

I have heard some female folks say '' I cant marry a Catholic'' they are these, they are that.
I likewise isn't gonna marry a girl that hate my religion. No offence intended.
There was a day I came across a post somewhere which says ''why do Catholics worship Mary and why do we call her holy whereas she has other kids aside Jesus ''

hence, I came up with this. Firstly, anyone who believes that Mary had other kids should provide me their names and people they biggot.

They said we should Mary ??

Who are you not to honour who the angel of the most High God greeted ?
Who are you to Mock her ? Are you greater than angel Gabriel ?
Read Luke 1:26-38 in one of the verses it Says '' The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
who are you not to honour who MotherTheresa prayed to emulate
Read the prayer of Mother Theresa
She prayed to emulate Mary’s devotion to Christ
“Mary, Mother of Jesus, give me your heart so beautiful, so pure, so immaculate, so full of love and humility that I may be able to receive Jesus in the Bread of Life, love Him as You loved Him, and serve Him as You served Him.

Let this be known to you People!
We Catholics do not worship but honour Mary the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ . Was it not Elizabeth who said blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thou womb Jesus ?
We Catholics Christians do NOT worship the blessed mother of God. In fact, we are forbidden to worship anyone but God. You saying this is no different than my saying that you worship your pastors. It would simply be a lie and bearing false witness. Catholics do focus on Jesus and His salvific work.
The Rosary prayer is all about His sacrifice and focuses us on Him. This may help you to understand:
Mary points us to Christ; her last recorded words in Scripture are "do whatever He tells you"

Please Make Una face una church!
Besides we have been here before you, even most of your pastors were once a catholic.
They got small anointing while in Charismatic society in catholic Church, seceded and rented qiosk and shop only to deceive you.
Remember what the scriptures says about the end time.
In Matthew24:3 Jesus was asked,
Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming, and of the end of the age?"
Jesus told his apostles to look for the following signs prior to his second coming and the end of the age.
1. FALSE PROPHETS AND CHRISTS
Matthew 24: many will come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and will mislead many."
Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."
brethren Do Not be Deceived!!

2 Likes

Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? by lovelyS(m): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
I don't think so

Next
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? by Liftkid(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
Cool
Re: Are Catholics Idol Worshipers ????? by naijaboy756: 4:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Mary deserves her place as the chosen one through whom the savior came into the world. The complain here is her worship by the Catholic church. Yes! You keep saying honoring and not worshipping. How come all Catholic churches have IMAGES of Mary? People bow to the image and pray to it. The bible clearly says we should NOT make an image of anything in heaven or on earth to bow to it. When Christ was told his mothers wants to see him, he asked a question. Who is my mother and family members? The mother and family members I have are the ones here. In as much as Mary was highly favored, only Christ is to be worshipped.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional (mon, 28/12/2015) / “ I See A Strong Plot To Poison Bukola Saraki”- Pro Joshua Iginla / Your Experiences In The Jst Concluded 5NIGHTS OF GLORY @salvation Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.