Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation (32845 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by ORACLE1975(m): 5:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Her Majesty the Queen of England, Elizabeth Alexandra; President Muhammadu Buhari; Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN); and governors from at least 20 states, ministers and other dignitaries are expected to attend the coronation of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II.

The Chairman, Media Committee of the coronation, Mr. Biyi Odunlade, said this at a press conference that started a series of activities lined up for the coronation scheduled to hold on December 7.

Odunlade, however, explained that the queen might be represented at the ceremony. He added that guests from many nations of the world had been invited for the ceremony.

The Ooni also said he was ready to fast-track the development of Ife with a series of policies, which he said, would make the Yoruba people proud anywhere they found themselves.

The monarch, who was represented at the press conference by his elder brother, Prince Adegboyega Ogunwusi, said he would do everything possible to address the problem of youth unemployment in the town.

Ogunwusi, who donated 50 transformers to some communities in Ife before he emerged as the new Ooni, said he would donate additional 50 transformers within the next 30 days to boost electricity supply in the ancient town.

He noted that this gesture would make small scale businesses in the town to thrive because power problem would have been reduced.

He said, “Let me acquaint you with what I have done in less than 70 days. I have given out over 20 electricity transformers worth about N250m.

“I donated 50 transformers when I was a prince. I will buy another 50 transformers within the next 30 days to further enhance electricity distribution. With this, small scale businesses of welders, tailors and others will naturally witness improvement.

“Providentially, I know the core investor and the Chairman, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Mr. Tunde Ayeni, personally and very well. I have engaged him and his team to make this a reality and work has commenced in earnest. We will witness this transformation by the very special grace of God.”

“To revamp the stadium, I have already opened discussion with the Osun State Government on this. I will set up a football academy and we will have 16 clubs in Ife.”

The new monarch also promised to establish a football academy.

While the press conference was going on, the new Ooni and other guests were at an inter-religious service held at Enuwa Square.

One of the religious leaders, who spoke at the service, Apostle Joshua Fagbule, urged the people of Ife to rally round Ogunwusi in order for him to bring about meaningful development to the town.

Source www.punchng.com/Queen-elizabeth-buhari-20-gov-to-attend-oonis-coronation/

8 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by AhmadMind: 5:47am On Dec 01, 2015
QUEEEN KO.....QUEEEN NI..... And why should we care about the Queen?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Mynd44: 5:49am On Dec 01, 2015
AhmadMind:
QUEEEN KO.....QUEEEN NI.....
Not exactly the queen herself but she will probably send an official delegate. They have strong historical ties.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by chinchum(m): 5:50am On Dec 01, 2015
The new ooni appears to be highly infrastructure development centric

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52am On Dec 01, 2015
“To revamp the stadium, I have already opened discussion with the Osun State Government on this. I will set up a football academy and we will have 16 clubs in Ife.”
16 football clubs in Ife? shocked shocked

Well, I wish him a prosperous reign!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Khd95(m): 5:55am On Dec 01, 2015
End time oonigrin

8 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by kekakuz(m): 5:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Wetin queen wan come do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Franzeez(m): 5:59am On Dec 01, 2015
End time Queen

5 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by zubizareta(m): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2015
If I hear say Queen Elizabeth honour that invite in person.. She no b like Bubu wey dey travel anyhow..

Good thing is that this coronation would make Bubu stay back home in Nigeria..

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by JingoOAU(m): 6:44am On Dec 01, 2015
Though, am not talking ill of the dead king.....while the former king was busy collecting from all and sundry without doing any tangible thing for the people of Ile-ife and it's environ, this present king is busy giving out and planning to ensure Ile ife conform to 21st century standard

What's the essence of having a king who always fly out of the country whenever cultists started killing themselves in his town(Awujale of Ijebuland)

Most Yoruba kings are now politicians...they either belong to the APC or PDP, looking for contracts with their beaded crown all over Abuja and Lagos

They have made some of us who wanted to be king in future lose interest in the title....lol...even though na second class Oba

6 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:
Though, am not talking ill of the dead king.....while the former king was busy collecting from all and sundry without doing any tangible thing for the people of Ile-ife and it's environ, this present king is busy giving out and planning to ensure Ile ife conform to 21st century standard

What's the essence of having a king who always fly out of the country whenever cultists started killing themselves in his town(Awujale of Ijebuland)

Most Yoruba kings are now politicians...they either belong to the APC or PDP, looking for contracts with their beaded crown all over Abuja and Lagos

They have made some of us who wanted to be king in future lose interest in the title....lol...even though na second class Oba
I thought Awujale was reputed to be non-partisan?
Na Ooni you dey call second class Oba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by greatiyk4u(m): 6:49am On Dec 01, 2015
And osun government will use the peoples money 2 sponsor this......and continue living in debt and poverty....tufiakwa

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

All the transformer donation na initial gra-gra grin. The Ooni go soon calm down and everything would be back to business as usual. He would eventually realise that it's not the job of a traditional ruler to take on the responsibilities of government. Traditional titles are ceremonial.

APC also influenced the selection of the new Ooni just as Awolowo influenced the selection of the former King, so whichever way you look at it, the political parties still have strong hold over traditional titles.

5 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by oba2flex(m): 7:11am On Dec 01, 2015
zubizareta:
If I hear say Queen Elizabeth honour that invite in person.. She no b like Bubu wey dey travel anyhow..

Good thing is that this burial would make Bubu stay back home in Nigeria..

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

Bros i fear you o

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Geraraheremehn: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. This set of people from the west can lie eh, I never see

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by JingoOAU(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2015
blublahd:

I thought Awujale was reputed to be non-partisan?
Na Ooni you dey call second class Oba?

Awujale might not be partisan, but he doesn't care if the whole Ijebu Ode burns...whenever those motherfucker called cultists started their wahala, the king will just take the next available flight to obodo oyinbo waiting for them to finish their killings before returning to Nigeria.....he surely has a role to play in the security of lives and property in his domain...but he no send

I never said Ooni is second class...am only referring to my town in Ondo state(Akunnu Akoko)....think it's third class sef....lol

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by JingoOAU(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2015
saxywale:

All the transformer donation na initial gra-gra grin. The Ooni go soon calm down and everything would be back to business as usual. He would eventually realise that it's not the job of a traditional ruler to take on the responsibilities of government. Traditional titles are ceremonial.

APC also influenced the selection of the new Ooni just as Awolowo influenced the selection of the former King, so whichever way you look at it, the political parties still have strong hold over traditional titles.

Even if it's initial gra-gra, we'll encourage him to do more. He's more of a businessman than a yeoman to politicians...work have already started in that resort he conceived, sited beside Oduduwa University...if completed, it would boost tourism,and generate revenue to the state especially at this critical time of osun's economy

6 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by tyson99(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2015
zubizareta:

Good thing is that this burial would make Bubu stay back home in Nigeria..

which burial,you see the effect of talking too much

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

Awujale might not be partisan, but he doesn't care if the whole Ijebu Ode burns...whenever those motherfucker called cultists started their wahala, the king will just take the next available flight to obodo oyinbo waiting for them to finish their killings before returning to Nigeria.....he surely has a role to play in the security of lives and property in his domain...but he no send

I never said Ooni is second class...am only referring to my town in Ondo state(Akunnu Akoko)....think it's third class sef....lol
If you are Ondo, how is it you are so familiar with ijebu ode?
Plus, the king may just not want to be roped into something that does not concern him and will sully his name or perhaps he fears for his death?
He may also argue with you that it is the job of the police to ensure security.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by neolboy(m): 7:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Keep inviting and stop working. APC SCAM

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by emmasege: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2015
AhmadMind:
QUEEEN KO.....QUEEEN NI.....
I understand she was either present or represented at the late ooni's coronation. It's not impossible that she does the same again.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Sijo01(f): 7:47am On Dec 01, 2015
I won't be surprise if booohari jet out of the country and send a representative to the ceremony. embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by menix(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
So that is the foreign investor we anticipated..

So when would the Ooni start recruiting so they could reduce the unemployment rate...

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Morkavictor: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Thank God,buhari is finally visiting nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by dhtglobal(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by saintkel(m): 7:52am On Dec 01, 2015
Osun? D one wey no fit pay PHCN bill?

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by BABANGBALI: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2015
kedu kime no go like dis news o

5 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2015
Do you mean Queen Elizabeth of Ogbomosho Town?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by princeogbeide1(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2015
Kings are also politicians"
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by osazeeblue01: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2015
In 2face's voice STORY STORY!

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Sanuzi(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Noted
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by emmanuel596(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Lies......so lizy would come to Nigerian because of ooni....wchich day that kind nonsense start?? who's ooni compared to the president....how has his kingdom helped in solving nigerians problem!!

Btw which coronation are they goin for, the 1 I heard they did secretly??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Picture Of A Masquerade Pushing A Biker During Calabar Carnival / Emir Sanusi's Vintage Rolls Royce Spotted At Kaduna Centenary Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.