Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation (32844 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by BABANGBALI: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
AhmadMind:
QUEEEN KO.....QUEEEN NI.....
bad belle do start.Sorry pele

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Mlaide(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Yoruba people always.....

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Consultville(m): 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Development
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 01, 2015
Una go wait tire to see Queen

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
AhmadMind:
QUEEEN KO.....QUEEEN NI.....

If she shows up I'll eat a pair of shoes on live internet feed.

What's an Oni of Ife in the grand scheme of important things.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by free2ryhme: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2015
The queen will send delegates

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by c4tnoelz: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2015
make herdsmen no cm kidnap kween Eliza oooo

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2015
ORACLE1975:
Her Majesty the Queen of England, Elizabeth Alexandra; President Muhammadu Buhari; Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN); and governors from at least 20 states, ministers and other dignitaries are expected to attend the coronation of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II.

The Chairman, Media Committee of the coronation, Mr. Biyi Odunlade, said this at a press conference that started a series of activities lined up for the coronation scheduled to hold on December 7.

Odunlade, however, explained that the queen might be represented at the ceremony. He added that guests from many nations of the world had been invited for the ceremony.

The Ooni also said he was ready to fast-track the development of Ife with a series of policies, which he said, would make the Yoruba people proud anywhere they found themselves.

The monarch, who was represented at the press conference by his elder brother, Prince Adegboyega Ogunwusi, said he would do everything possible to address the problem of youth unemployment in the town.

Ogunwusi, who donated 50 transformers to some communities in Ife before he emerged as the new Ooni, said he would donate additional 50 transformers within the next 30 days to boost electricity supply in the ancient town.

He noted that this gesture would make small scale businesses in the town to thrive because power problem would have been reduced.

He said, “Let me acquaint you with what I have done in less than 70 days. I have given out over 20 electricity transformers worth about N250m.

“I donated 50 transformers when I was a prince. I will buy another 50 transformers within the next 30 days to further enhance electricity distribution. With this, small scale businesses of welders, tailors and others will naturally witness improvement.

“Providentially, I know the core investor and the Chairman, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Mr. Tunde Ayeni, personally and very well. I have engaged him and his team to make this a reality and work has commenced in earnest. We will witness this transformation by the very special grace of God.”

“To revamp the stadium, I have already opened discussion with the Osun State Government on this. I will set up a football academy and we will have 16 clubs in Ife.”

The new monarch also promised to establish a football academy.

While the press conference was going on, the new Ooni and other guests were at an inter-religious service held at Enuwa Square.

One of the religious leaders, who spoke at the service, Apostle Joshua Fagbule, urged the people of Ife to rally round Ogunwusi in order for him to bring about meaningful development to the town.

Source www.punchng.com/Queen-elizabeth-buhari-20-gov-to-attend-oonis-coronation/
Wow!

Long live the Queen
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2015
Morkavictor:
Thank God,buhari is finally visiting nigeria.

Bros that one na low blow, but funny as heck grin
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by JingoOAU(m): 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
blublahd:

If you are Ondo, how is it you are so familiar with ijebu ode?
Plus, the king may just not want to be roped into something that does not concern him and will sully his name or perhaps he fears for his death?
He may also argue with you that it is the job of the police to ensure security.

Am from Ondo state, born in Lagos, schooled(primary and secondary) in ijebu ode...do u now get it?
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by ohemdave(m): 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
ORACLE1975:
Her Majesty the Queen of England, Elizabeth Alexandra; President Muhammadu Buhari; Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN); and governors from at least 20 states, ministers and other dignitaries are expected to attend the coronation of the new Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II.

The Chairman, Media Committee of the coronation, Mr. Biyi Odunlade, said this at a press conference that started a series of activities lined up for the coronation scheduled to hold on December 7.

Odunlade, however, explained that the queen might be represented at the ceremony. He added that guests from many nations of the world had been invited for the ceremony.

The Ooni also said he was ready to fast-track the development of Ife with a series of policies, which he said, would make the Yoruba people proud anywhere they found themselves.

The monarch, who was represented at the press conference by his elder brother, Prince Adegboyega Ogunwusi, said he would do everything possible to address the problem of youth unemployment in the town.

Ogunwusi, who donated 50 transformers to some communities in Ife before he emerged as the new Ooni, said he would donate additional 50 transformers within the next 30 days to boost electricity supply in the ancient town.

He noted that this gesture would make small scale businesses in the town to thrive because power problem would have been reduced.

He said, “Let me acquaint you with what I have done in less than 70 days. I have given out over 20 electricity transformers worth about N250m.

“I donated 50 transformers when I was a prince. I will buy another 50 transformers within the next 30 days to further enhance electricity distribution. With this, small scale businesses of welders, tailors and others will naturally witness improvement.

“Providentially, I know the core investor and the Chairman, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Mr. Tunde Ayeni, personally and very well. I have engaged him and his team to make this a reality and work has commenced in earnest. We will witness this transformation by the very special grace of God.”

“To revamp the stadium, I have already opened discussion with the Osun State Government on this. I will set up a football academy and we will have 16 clubs in Ife.”

While the press conference was going on, the new Ooni and other guests were at an inter-religious service held at Enuwa Square.

One of the religious leaders, who spoke at the service, Apostle Joshua Fagbule, urged the people of Ife to rally round Ogunwusi in order for him to bring about meaningful development to the town.

Source www.punchng.com/Queen-elizabeth-buhari-20-gov-to-attend-oonis-coronation/

What are the economic importance? Clueless and a dull president to the core that lacks focus to drive Nigeria to the acclaimed promises APC made.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 01, 2015
zubizareta:
If I hear say Queen Elizabeth honour that invite in person.. She no b like Bubu wey dey travel anyhow..

Good thing is that this burial would make Bubu stay back home in Nigeria..

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

Do you know what coronation means?
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by mastengsynergy: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Youthful and Developmental heart.
That is why I always crave for the Youths to assume the Position of responsibilities in Nigeria.
Enough of recycling these old spent brats in our Country.
Long may you reign!!!
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
would the coronation of the ooni bring about succor to the suffering nigerians...i have said it a million times and would say it again...our traditional leaders are a burden to us in this day and age than a relief... angry angry
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by yinkus204(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

Awujale might not be partisan, but he doesn't care if the whole Ijebu Ode burns...whenever those motherfucker called cultists started their wahala, the king will just take the next available flight to obodo oyinbo waiting for them to finish their killings before returning to Nigeria.....he surely has a role to play in the security of lives and property in his domain...but he no send

I never said Ooni is second class...am only referring to my town in Ondo state(Akunnu Akoko)....think it's third class sef....lol
my brother frm another mother hw is everything so u ar frm Akunnu Akoko am frm Ikare Akoko hav a good and joyful new month

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2015
Khd95:
End time oonigrin
Franzeez:
End time Queen
Dumbfùck goats angry

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by hardeyincah(m): 8:03am On Dec 01, 2015
am happy and glad is an Alumnus of The Polytechnic Ibadan, Ìsé loogun Ise

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Trecixnine(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

Am from Ondo state, born in Lagos, schooled(primary and secondary) in ijebu ode...do u now get it?

........before you proceeded to Oba Awon University (OAU). Jingo product (lol).
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Rubbish
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by noblegrex: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
tyson99:

which burial,you see the effect of talking too much
not his fault,that vocabulary scared him away.I thought I was the only one that noticed it.CORONATION aint burial ceremony o.
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by AKYEMITE(m): 8:05am On Dec 01, 2015
Omoakinsuyi:
Do you mean Queen Elizabeth of Ogbomosho Town?

black mind, inferiority. do you know the same queen was present in the late Ooni coronation?. Ooni position is an international title bro. pls learn. proudly Yoruba boy.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Louislewis: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2015
[size=18pt]Very soon, he will start counting how many wives he will marriage, like ooni first wife, ooni second wife, ooni third wife, ooni fourth wife, ooni youngest wife, etc.[/size]
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by fascowilly(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2015
kekakuz:
Wetin queen wan come do.
This is Oni of ife now not Obi of east, she needs to come.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2015
JingoOAU:

I see.
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Touchforfree(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2015
kekakuz:
Wetin queen wan come do.

She's coming to see new innovation of eating Gbegiri (bean soup) with Sharwama or Hotdog.......

cool

cool

cool
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by osinachijude: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2015
chinchum:
The new ooni appears to be highly infrastructure development centric

More or less he is a Real Estate Mogul
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by TeamSimple(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Let me know when she visits Namadi Kanu (supposed British citizen) in prison. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2015
Mynd44:

Not exactly the queen herself but she will probably send an official delegate. They have strong historical ties.

Ties with who grin
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by dollarathe(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2015
may God help the king !!! all your good plans will come to fulfilment and at the time of difficulties God will strengthen and give you the sense to govern your town well. congrats the new oba.
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Naff24(f): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2015
Khd95:
End time oonigrin

End time blur picture @ur dp grin grin grin grin
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by Jalinco: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2015
Wow, Queen coming to Nigeria. I strongly suspect PMB is dating this woman - they are becoming inseparable lately
Re: Queen Elizabeth And Buhari To Attend Ogunwusi's Coronation by nokingasgod: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2015
ORACLE1975:

I only pray that the Ooni is not exhibiting the so called ''youthful exuberance'' tendencies so early. Really cannot fathom the relevance of the Queen of England in this affair. Sure, she may be invited to grace the occasion but after invitations have been extended to the other Obas in Yorubaland and other monarchs across Nigeria. These are more relevant and with tremendous effect than inviting the Queen of England who we are sure may not even appear.

Think the Ooni advisers should better start schooling him on the roles of traditional rulers in modern Nigeria one of which is completing the government in bridge-building across all ethnic nationalities.

I am not sure the Ooni will be invited at the coronation of the next British monarch after Queen Elizabeth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Picture Of A Masquerade Pushing A Biker During Calabar Carnival / Emir Sanusi's Vintage Rolls Royce Spotted At Kaduna Centenary Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.