Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money (52862 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Murray-Bruce: "Nigeria Doesn't Need 36 Ministers, States", He Gets Epic Replies / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by mindtricks: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
sholatem:
I wonder why Ben Bruce is talking " common sense" all of a sudden,why d silence before d era of Buhari? God will definitely save us from this gullible leaders : undecided
Unfortunately he wil be using 1 chap guy to get all his ideas,probably paying d guy peanut salary,yet presenting himself as Mr know it all,

Wonder why you may not have recalled how he bared his mind during GEJ's time when we were protesting fuel price hike over subsidy.
I noticed him as far back as then, speaking passionately how he felt things could be done better.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by ozimec(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:
So it took you decades to realise this......the days of STV when ur business depends on state govt patronage before its survival it never occured to you that they were 'adults'.....stop talking the talk Mr talking sense.

Was STV not rendering services to State Govt. then? Let's be objective pls. This man has been making sense in his posts
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sorry man if I don't agree wit u on dis one,......he is a senator, for crying out loud......he should present it as a bill not on tweeter
dearpreye:

How can this nation move forward with people like you in it? No way. When shall we look beyond the messenger and focus on the truth?

Nigeria has two options. Either to continue deceiving itself by running a primitive parasitic system of government OR go back to true federalism/regionalism.

We've said it for years that running a unitary style of government in a multicultural society is a recipe for disaster and underdevelopment.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over while expecting different results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by enigma2007(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
kosplateau:

So why won't Nigeria go back to it? Why the delay? See, Nigerians see regionalism and resource control as a secessionist attempt. But who benefits as it is now, wouldn't want any form of accountability and sense of proportion.

People kicking against having few kids are getting their hopes from someone's wealth, if not, we don't have to debate on it.

Hunger doesn't pity anyone.

Meanwhile, I shld have a peaceful right to secession. Continuation of marriage must not be enforced.

I do not have an issue with regionalism because if you study the history of Nigeria well, notable progress and growth were achieved during that era despite the fact that oil (i assume that oil was the point of contention between the people that want resource control or what not) was already discovered in 1956 at Oloibiri. So, oil was available back then but each region was developing its own resources or means of making their economic more viable thereby contributing to the overall growth of the country. Fast-forward some years, the country is so heavily dependent on Oil and that is not the way forward in this current economic climate.

On the secession bit, would there be a peaceful secession? It didn't work in the past and it sets the entity called Nigeria back and personally i belong to that "generation that believes things should be repaired when broken rather than throwing it away" - My humble opinion.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by aftatechbiz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:
So it took you decades to realise this......the days of STV when ur business depends on state govt patronage before its survival it never occured to you that they were 'adults'.....stop talking the talk Mr talking sense.
Yes, the man is still talking sense. It doesnt have to continue and i think we were promised a change.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
so true....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by kabaka1: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
dearpreye:

How can this nation move forward with people like you in it? No way. When shall we look beyond the messenger and focus on the truth?

Nigeria has two options. Either to continue deceiving itself by running a primitive parasitic system of government OR go back to true federalism/regionalism.

We've said it for years that running a unitary style of government in a multicultural society is a recipe for disaster and underdevelopment.

Insanity is doing the same things over and over while expecting different results.

U really make sense die! I concur!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by ayinde2ade(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
undecided wat is he sayin'?....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by wisepigeon: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:

shaaaaarap you hypocrite, are you not among those shouting Sai Buhari, Sai change or you don't want change anymore undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by lawrenceunaa: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
koboko69:

Yes ooo. After he hanged your mother's leg on the window
he banged ur mother ? While hanging one leg? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Spybradd: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:

whats ur point now,what u driving at? u are just a brooding parasite...and am pretty sure u smiling frm ear to ear cos some 56 chimpanzees and 11 urang_utangs endorsed their 'likes' and 'shares' on this processed_in_the_brain_of_a_cow thrash of a post frm a human you... undecided
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Spybradd: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
ayinde2ade:
undecided wat is he sayin'?....
u've got a brain,havntcha? put it to use..
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by bjdon: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
enigma2007:

I do not have an issue with regionalism because if you study the history of Nigeria well, notable progress and growth were achieved during that era despite the fact that oil (i assume that oil was the point of contention between the people that want resource control or what not) was already discovered in 1956 at Oloibiri. So, oil was available back then but each region was developing its own resources or means of making their economic more viable thereby contributing to the overall growth of the country. Fast-forward some years, the country is so heavily dependent on Oil and that is not the way forward in this current economic climate.

On the secession bit, would there be a peaceful secession? It didn't work in the past and it sets the entity called Nigeria back and personally i belong to that "generation that believes things should be repaired when broken rather than throwing it away" - My humble opinion.

Good points.

I honestly believe that if we are able to go back to a functional regional model, with more power in the regions, that will blunt all secessionist talk to a very large degree. However if we keep this present system, then I can only see the agitation growing over time, as new generations will simply not accept to continue living in a country where nothing seems to work.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
lustychima:
Sorry man if I don't agree wit u on dis one,......he is a senator, for crying out loud......he should present it as a bill not on tweeter

Actually you don't have to agree with me.....but you made a strong case....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
sagewonders:
I think he is right.

''Even America would collapse if her Govs depend on a monthly meeting in DC to share oil money. Nigeria should share work money not oil money.''

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/671561973323030529

Now that TonyeBarcanista will call you a social media senator for saying the truth as if you're the only man in the Senate....

Tell them sir... Rubbish
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by kd10: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
@All let's leave sentiments apart pls Nigeria is drowning as a result of our faulty Foundation of 1914 till date , let's ask ourselves one honest question , What System of Government are we running? Military/ Unitary system. For this enclave to move forward because we are not yet a Nation. True Fiscal Federalism is the answer period. Ben Bruce alone in the Senate with our Lopsided Political Structure in the present system can't move anything. If i may ask were is the PIB bill ? What of the National Confab that even come close to restructuring the System? So many Innocent Souls has been slaughtered Because of this evil System that's Drowning us. From Civil War to Militancy to Book haram Insurgency. The Only thing left is Collapse. May God Liberate Us Amen.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by enigma2007(m): 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
bjdon:

Good points.

I honestly believe that if we are able to go back to a functional regional model, with more power in the regions, that will blunt all secessionist talk to a very large degree. However if we keep this present system, then I can only see the agitation growing over time, as new generations will simply not accept to continue living in a country where nothing seems to work.

Supported!

That way, people can fully demand for accountability and transparency from their elected officials rather than sitting back and blaming the FG for everything while allowing those thieves to walk around spending the people's money anyhow.

Moreover, the regions can compete effectively with the other regions and raise the standard of living for all in the process.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Orobo2Lekpa: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Am I the only one that thinks Ben Bruce is a getting that little bit annoying. He was making sense before, now he seems to be making noise
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by azzima(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mr MOTOR-MOUTH DON SHOW AGAIN OOOOOO! !!!!!!This guy talks too much for me jor! !!!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Matty33(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bugatie:

So your point is....?
Don't mind him, na illiteracy cause am.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Gydion(m): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
mazzi:
Regionalism is the answer

Regional integration
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Blizzy9ja: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
macfarland:
lol... Abeg no provoke Hausa Fulani please
Lazy set of people... I wonder wat will happen when the pipelines start blowing up
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
udemzy101:

Now that TonyeBarcanista will call you a social media senator for saying the truth as if you're the only man in the Senate....

Tell them sir... Rubbish
Stop quoting me whenever you want to be silly. Thanks!

For the last time, his job is to sponsor a bill on the floor of the Senate. He wasn't elected to be a Senator of the Twitter Republic of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by otosa(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
mazzi:
Regionalism is the answer
seconded. after all he is belong to class of people that will implement it. thus he should do that now or shut up his mouth for ever.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop quoting me whenever you want to be silly. Thanks!

For the last time, his job is to sponsor a bill on the floor of the Senate. He wasn't elected to be a Senator of the Twitter Republic of Nigeria...

I knew it, you never seize to amaze me with your stup1dity ....
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by sholatem(f): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2015
mindtricks:

Wonder why you may not have recalled how he bared his mind during GEJ's time when we were protesting fuel price hike over subsidy.
I noticed him as far back as then, speaking passionately how he felt things could be done better.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by mistyebby(f): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
Especially governors like Aregbeshola, when u hear him talk about allocation you will tink its his birth right.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by Uzonek(f): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
olumide81:

Please free him jare. " This is Ben Murray-Bruce and he just wants to make common sense"
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by OsamedeHazard10(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
Minister For Twitter affairs and social Network Development
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by JaaizTech: 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
The sharing of money is not really the problem. Resource control will leave Nigeria far worse of. It is simple, Keep all the money in the Niger Delta and the Niger delta states will become super rich. And the rest of Nigeria will head there (just like people headed for Lagos, Abuja etc). In the long run, you would have a country with a few very rich states and many very poor states.

What we should clamour for is judicial spending of our resources. Govt's expenditure must be transparent, corruption must be reduced to the barest minimum. We must encourage probe of Govt. officials / spendings. We can't be building a road that cost 100 million naira for 1 billion naira and expect development. Our refineries can not be undergoing turn-around maintenance forever and yet not produce a single drop of PMS!!!. The citizens of this country must focus on the real issues and ask the real questions. Ben Murray Bruce will do better by asking the question "why are our refineries not working?"; "Why is it that after spending millions of dollars on turn around maintenance, our refineries are still not working?".

Why are we not having gas to power our Gas stations for electricity
Why are there not enough hospital beds in the General Hospitals

These are the questions to be asked.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by athorello(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
First time I'll comment on a Bruce tweet....
Yes, he clearly captured the words of one of my professors recently. "Nigerians are rent seeking people, the economy is cash flow driven instead of being income driven"(PWI).
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: Nigeria Should Share Work Money Not Oil Money by toyinid78: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2015
redsconsult:
this guy is an hypocrite and coward. always remain silent in the senate chambers but come to twitter to spew jargons and rubbish as if he can do better.
. If his a coward he wud not talk against em in public, wen he uses twitter n tv dat wud b seen by all he is not a coward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N5bn COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Fraud Uncovered In NDDC - Sahara R. / James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption / Reno Omokri: Blame Davido For $26 Billion NNPC Corruption Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.