Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja (2191 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / A Detailed Analysis On Why Hon James Faleke Should Be The APC Gov Candidate / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by NigeriaReports: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria - James Abiodun Faleke, APC's Deputy Governorship candidate in the recent Kogi elections yesterday emerged from a meeting with the party's leadership with a set mind and a strong opinion.

Speaking at the party’s secretariat in Abuja, he declined to run with the party's choice candidate, Yahaya Bello, saying a governor-elect can never be a deputy governor candidate.

“The issue of Kogi state was paramount in the minds of national leaders and they wanted a solution to it.

“However, we met for about two hours as you have observed and we discovered that the meeting that we were invited for was just a mere briefing rather than it being where we could have deliberated and solved the quagmire we find ourselves in. We were only briefed about the position of the party.
“The party told us that it had nominated Alhaji Yahaya Bello and of course, we made it clear that as the political family of Prince Abubakar Audu, because it is not acceptable and we are not going with it.

“I personally observed that my name has been submitted to INEC as deputy governorship candidate to pair with Alhaji Yahaya Bello and I told the National Chairman clearly and in clear words, that I have submitted a letter this morning distancing myself from that decision and that on no ground will I want to be associated with the decision of the party to pair me with Alhaji Yahaya Bello because I am already governor-elect.

“I also told him, Mr. Chairman for us as a family, Kogi state political family, we are not taking part in that election and my name cannot be submitted because I was not even consulted in the first instance. The Governor-elect cannot become another deputy governorship candidate.

“I want to make it very clear that Alhaji Yahaya Bello did not take part in all our campaign process and we are only contesting election in 91 polling units out 2,548 or there about polling units and we have made it very clear that if they go ahead to conduct election because I have pulled out, that election would be challenged in the court of law, it will be null and void.

“We won’t be addressing you today if the party had followed the path of honour we championed there is for the party to go to court and challenge INEC and Mr. Chairman told us directly right away without considering it twice that the party will not go to court and since the party is not going to court, we have taken it upon ourselves to defend ourselves in court and we are challenging the decision”.

Source READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders in Abuja (VIVIAN GIST)

Cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by NigeriaReports: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2015
The Game is On !!!!!
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by chocolateme(f): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2015
GAME OF THRONES
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by AngryNigerian(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2015
Please which season of Kogi decides is this?

...but this man is somehow right shaa ooo, except that he is not the governor-elect yet...Am'Igala a' je n!
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2015
In other news, former governorship aspirant has this to say:

" I Olumoroti George Olusola (OGO) hereby wish to state that I
have not and will not accept to participate in the Yahaya Bello
endorsement as a replacement for late Audu in the capacity of a
deputy gubernatorial candidate.
I hereby dissociate myself from the criminal hijacking of mandate freely given to the joint ticket of Audu/Faleke, and restate that the election was concluded on November 21.
Additionally, I will work with our governor elect Abiodun Faleke (the joint ticket owner) to reclaim the mandate that was freely expressed by the good people of kogi state on November 21. We appeal to our various supporters to remain calm and be law abiding. We are confident that justice will be done and the mandate reclaimed without violence.
Thank you. Olumoroti George Olusola (OGO)"
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by babyfaceafrica: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm.....inec messed up big time....they should haave gone to the supreme court for clarification on this issue...now...it is still this court that will be consulted in the end and its decision is final...I won't hand mind bello at all..but because he lostat the primaries ,he allegedly engaged in anti-party activities...that's unfair...he will now reap where he did not sow
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by comos: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2015
go back to your Lagos constituency and stop causing confusion in Kogi State.
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by neolboy(m): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2015
Power drunken party. APC party trying to destroy the Democracy GEJ administration has suffer to build
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by Realisticman: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2015
Now that the APC have a candidate, Falake/Mohammed should go and form 'FAMO' political party. If the party reigned on other loyal party members to accept you as their deputy governor, I wonder why you think that all this nonsense you are doing will take you to anywhere.
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by Adayi1(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2015
Good.... He should just go to court and prove dat 41,000 is greater than 49,000
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by NigeriaReports: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2015
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by oglalasioux(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2015
Fifteen men on a DEAD MAN'S chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Who remembers Treasure Island? The battle is on.
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by NigeriaReports: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2015
oglalasioux:
Fifteen men on a DEAD MAN'S chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Who remembers Treasure Island? The battle is on.

Hmmm that's for Cultists ,,.... mainly baggars ... But i think is for kids ... Real men work alone and enjoy together
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by oglalasioux(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2015
NigeriaReports:

Hmmm that's for Cultists ,,.... mainly baggars ... But i think is for kids ... Real men work alone and enjoy together
Noted. The lines are from Robert Stevenson's novel Treasure Island. I'm no cultist. Please read the book. It's a very good book. It could be for kids but adults will find it resourceful.
Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by Rapzino: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
oglalasioux:

Noted. The lines are from Robert Stevenson's novel Treasure Island. I'm no cultist. Please read the book. It's a very good book. It could be for kids but adults will find it resourceful.
my favourite novel

1 Like

Re: READ: What James Faleke Said After Meeting With APC Leaders In Abuja by Lanretoye(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
neolboy:
Power drunken party. APC party trying to destroy the Democracy GEJ administration has suffer to build
neol(boy)

(1) (Reply)

Agatu-fulani Peacetalk Live On AIT / Niger Delta Avengers Comes Hard On DSS, Call Them Jokers / Amaechi Pumps Cash Into BMC To Defend Him Online Against Ikoyi Safe House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.