Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN (3229 Views)

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Die Hard Survivor: Baby Clutches Unto The IUD Planted To Prevent His Conception / Do You Know What An IUD Is? Many Do Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by laginks: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi Everyone, i created this thread to share my experience using IUD's (AKA Copper Tee) and also learn from the experiences of others.
I have tried to surf the internet on experiences women have with Iud's, and i didnt get much information especially from Naija Women.
I am married with 2 boys, and left to me i'm done with having kids. The age difference between my two boys is about 4 years. All the while i had stuck to the natural method of checking your safe periods etc.. but i realised that most often, the safe period thing fails.
Recently i decided to go have an IUD inserted. Before the Dday, I had asked so many women including female doctors, nurses and friends what exactly to expect. Went to the Family Planning Clinicand had it done.. The nurse specifically told me while trying to allay my fears that it was the prefared option for most nigeria women.
After the procedure, I had so much cramps that lasted for almost 4 days....
please did someone have such prolonged cramping and what am I expecting in couple of weeks/ months or years to come.

Doctors in the house you input would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by dominique(f): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
You should have opted for implanon. Apart from the very irregular monthly flow, there seem to be no other side defects.
Re: My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by laginks: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
dominique:
You should have opted for implants. Apart from the very irregular monthly flow, there seem to be no other side defects.
thanks.. but i'm on the big side,and implants as i was told are hormonals and they have side effects of weight gain.. so Hormornals were a no no for me..
Re: My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by dominique(f): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
I've heard of IUD causing discomfort when used, that's why i always recommend implants or pills (though you have to be very consistent) another thing is that it terminates an already developing foetus.
Re: My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by suzyberry(f): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
IUCD(intra uterine contraceptive device) is a non hormonal type of contraception for women. It can stay in situ for as long as 10 to12 years. It will take your body a little time to adjust to the presence of the Iucd, and most likely the cramps will coincide with your period. If your cramps persist. I will suggest you go back to your family planning care provider to answer your questions rather than seeking other people's opinion because the methods are different, preferences of the client is considered in giving any method of family planning. Most importantly, the medical eligibility of the particular client is consider for any chosen or considered method and the way your body will adjust or accept the method also differ. Please go back to your family planning clinic for your questions to be answered and don't ask people because their method and experience may differ from yours

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Iud's--strictly FOR WOMEN by suzyberry(f): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
IUCD(intra uterine contraceptive device) is a non hormonal type of contraception for women. It can stay in situ for as long as 10 to12 years. It will take your body a little time to adjust to the presence of the Iucd, and most likely the cramps will coincide with your period. If your cramps persist. I will suggest you go back to your family planning care provider to answer your questions rather than seeking other people's opinion because the methods are different, preferences of the client is considered in giving any method of family planning. Most importantly, the medical eligibility of the particular client is considered for any chosen or considered method and the way your body will adjust or accept the method also differ. Please go back to your family planning clinic for your questions to be answered and don't ask people because their method and experience may differ from yours

(1) (Reply)

Instant Noodle Increase Risk Of (cancer, Diabetes & Heart Disease)? / Beware This Plant May Be Dangerous / 9 & 30 Day Weight Management Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.