Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed (22083 Views)

Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics / Certification Or Msc / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Hezkano: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
I want to throw more light on your choice,the question you ask yourself which direction is your calling? A statistician or an administrator. what am saying that all administrators are expected to have higher degree in bix Admin and is a general senior manager requirement but if you are in academic line your msc statistic is far better which you can become a doctor of statistic but bix admin is a general senior cadre qualification. I stand to be corrected we have only university in Nigeria that offers PhD bix Admin which is Danfodio Uni. Sokoto
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Ediss(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
voltron:

..and that is the key to remaining invaluable and relevant wink
I study mathematics and have a master's degree in statistics and now I'm a customs officer. grin. But university will consider giving him job first before the other trust me wink
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by vicnairaland: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
I have an HND statistics and PGD ,MBA in Marketing 20yrs and 11yrs ego respectively but didn't use them. I wish I did my candid advise is to go for statistics. You can work anywhere because your IQ must have been developed to think rightly and fast.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by nijanigga: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
go for stat while doing that program ,get at least one SAS certification or pass exam P in SOA.org and you will be set for a secured career.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by donPhill(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
shamack:
STATISTICS is very diverse and gives ur CV smtin special n not common
loving statistics like mad...in HND 1 now...aspiring to reach doctorate degree on that course....very unique and sweet
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by donPhill(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
YesIam:
Go for MSc and stop wasting your time on PGD.
did u get the topics well? The op is an HND holder which entails he cannot go for MSc without the PGD.... More so, he has obtained his PGD so u can't say he should forget abt it....though him never obtain in stats sha
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by donPhill(m): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Aylawani:
Contact me on lawani.ayodele@gmail.com

I have 2.1 in Statistics and work in a market research company........I will tell you many reasons you have to continue in Statistics line and also areas of focus that will make you more marketable.
bross why u no go just give am the clues here? Must u ho private?
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Haryanfe7(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
Aylawani:

I have 2.1 in Statistics and work in a market research company........I will tell you many reasons you have to continue in Statistics line and also areas of focus that will make you more marketable.

can u pls gimme ur whatsapp contact?
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by baddyoosha: 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hefemale:
Don't let me behave like the old me.
Swerve to hell
SORRY NO VEX NA GOD
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by tataiwo09(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
meforyou1:
sorry, meant PGD. It was autocorrect. That's pure discrimination.
pure? or poor? and u don't want dem to discriminate..endtime grammer
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Kbraims(m): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Go for statitics...All d way
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by JesusDWay(m): 12:18am On Dec 02, 2015
honey001:
Advice needed Please.
I have HND in Statistics, wanted to go further in that line, but the area i am presently no PGD Statistics around, i have to go for PGD in Business Management TEchnology, Graduated Now. wanted to go for Msc Business Management, but someone advice me to go and do another PGD in Statistics so as to continue in that line that it is more lucrative and better than Business Management.

Please which is more better and lucrative between the two and which is more widely accepted?

Thanks.

Crazyman, 1forall and lalasticlala come to my aid ooh.

Do Logistics and Supply Chain Management, it's related to Statistics in some way and one of the best courses to study in these times

1 Like

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Kunbico: 1:32am On Dec 02, 2015
U guys don't advice well, all this so call MSC,MBA, ETC IS OF NO USE. MY BEST ADVICE IS U CAN go for now is Double Major " Msc/Mba Petroleum.so that u can be a petroleum Mongle.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nyceguy92: 1:56am On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=honey001 post=40581190]

Statistics is a more serious-minded pursuit and it has more applications than biz management.

You could work in industries, the academia, and public offices, etc.

If you are in luck, corporations and international organisations can employ you to manage their analyses and projections.

Choose wisely.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by murmee: 6:07am On Dec 02, 2015
kellsblingsz:
Endtime course
Very silly comment. Miscreants should not post comments on Nairaland.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by skedy1(m): 6:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Go for Msc Boko haram!
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by meforyou1(m): 6:54am On Dec 02, 2015
tataiwo09:

pure? or poor? and u don't want dem to discriminate..endtime grammer
do you have common sense at all? Idiot
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by tataiwo09(m): 7:19am On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=meforyou1 post=40600281]do you have common sense at all? Idiot[/quote

endtime guy....senseless being
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by 360command: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2015
honey001:
Advice needed Please.
I have HND in Statistics, wanted to go further in that line, but the area i am presently no PGD Statistics around, i have to go for PGD in Business Management TEchnology, Graduated Now. wanted to go for Msc Business Management, but someone advice me to go and do another PGD in Statistics so as to continue in that line that it is more lucrative and better than Business Management.
if you wan remain in Nigeria, statistics looks fair. But if you do Msc in Business, your certificate is needed in Brazil. Presently, Brazil is looking for management graduates who can be employed in most corporate firms.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Ediss:
I study mathematics and have a master's degree in statistics and now I'm a customs officer. grin. But university will consider giving him job first before the other trust me wink

you need to think out of the box and refuse to be trapped in a rolling drum.. customs is good, what are your prospects for moving out and moving up. do you plan to retire a customs officer.. or do you plan to become and entrepreneur. Opportunities abound when you combine skills and knowledge that can boost your present professional degrees and experience to new heights
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by honey001(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2015
Aylawani:

Alright, Thanks I will do that now.
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by honey001(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2015
meforyou1:
Op, with HND in Statistics, why do you have to do PHD Statistics before going for MSC Statistics since it is the same course?

One will not be admitted directly for Msc without PGD if u Have HND
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by honey001(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2015
chimoskyg:

Only if his CGP is 3.0 above if not, nigga need PGD

I have Distinction. Do you know any university that can give me admission?
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by honey001(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
Thanks for the great replies. Actually i will prefer to go with Statistics too, but im thinking of going back for another PGD, Can i be admitted for Msc Statistics with HND Stat + PGD Bus. Admin withou necessarily going for another PGD in stat? Money is the issue here, i would have love to go back and do PGD Stat. Abbey621, how can i go about the certifications?

Voltron and abbey621
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by ivoy: 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Please,i,m statistics and computer science graduate,i need your advice on which one to do my masters .
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by chimoskyg(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
honey001:

I have Distinction. Do you know any university that can give me admission?

Unijos
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
honey001:
Thanks for the great replies. Actually i will prefer to go with Statistics too, but im thinking of going back for another PGD, Can i be admitted for Msc Statistics with HND Stat + PGD Bus. Admin withou necessarily going for another PGD in stat? Money is the issue here, i would have love to go back and do PGD Stat. Abbey621, how can i go about the certifications?

Voltron and abbey621

Hello. you need to adjust your orientation if you have not already done so. http://support.sas.com/certify/index.html for SAS Certifications. for more affordable option try http://www.statistics.com/certificate-programs/
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by honey001(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
chimoskyg:

Unijos

That will be great ooh
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by kellsblingsz(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
murmee:
Very silly comment. Miscreants should not post comments on Nairaland.
do u realize dat u jst called me a miscreant? is dat how you insult pple u dnt knw? how is my comment ur business?? r u stupid? next time u insult me here i will make sure i get u blocked from accessing nairaland.. idiot
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by NasNation(m): 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
After all d BSc. Msc. PGD.HND.MNIM. DIP. And d rest...Jst "late" will be added after ur death
Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by A1SO: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kindly please endure to go for the PGD stat and MSc Statistics. I was once in your shoes but the decision I took to go for PGD stat and MSc stat paid off. I now work in the pension industry. It will shock you that I went back to school for another 5-yrs after NYSC b4 I got the MSc Stat. I told myself that I will not look for job until I have my MSc Statistic. People think that I was crazy. Lo and behold I got a good job a month after I defended my MSc Project in 2006. I finished NYSC in 2001.

My Qualification:
HND Statistics (Upper Credit-3.3/4.0), PGD Statistics (Distinction-70.2% Weighted Average) in University of Ibadan, PGD Computer Science (Distinction-71.12%Weighted Average) in UNAAB and MSc Statistics (PhD Grade-4.11/5.00 CGPA) in Olabisi Onabanjo University.

I am also professionally qualified for I am a chartered stockbroker (ACS) and currently working in the investment Department of a PFA.

I can tell you that I am very okay now financially and I am far ahead of my contemporaries.

God will help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Msc. Business Admin. Or Msc. Statistics. Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
donPhill:
did u get the topics well? The op is an HND holder which entails he cannot go for MSc without the PGD.... More so, he has obtained his PGD so u can't say he should forget abt it....though him never obtain in stats sha

Yes bro, I got it.
My advise was for him to move on to MSc business admin, instead of going for another PGD in stats.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Should I Learn In The Space Of 2 To 3 Months? / My Mum Wants Me To Take Over Her School But I Want Something Else. / Her Firm Increased Her Pay To Match That Of a New Job (Please Advise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.