Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown (3139 Views)

Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by stephenduru: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Check out this throwback photo of Yakubu Gowon with Idi Amin Dada (Center) in Kampala, Uganda the day Gowon was overthrow.

On 29 July 1975, while Gowon was attending an OAU summit in Kampala, a group of officers led by Colonel Joe Nanven Garba announced his overthrow. The coup plotters appointed Brigadier Murtala Muhammad as head of the new government, and Brigadier Olusegun Obasanjo as his deputy

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by Chanchit: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Na the beast of Africa stand for middle so.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Idi Amin was a cannibal that murdered one of his wives and ate her.

Gowon was a vampire that killed 3 millions igbos to satisfy his blood lust.

...I bet they had a wonderful feast of human liver with extra limb and a jar of human blood for dinner
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
liberty300:

...I bet they had a wonderful feast of human liver with extra limb and a jar of human blood for dinner
Birds of a feather flocks together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by XaintJoel20: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
And God has been substaining Our Own Gowon... #RIP Idi Amin...

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by neolboy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
Idi Amin the beast
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by baby124: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Idi Amin was massive. I didn't know he was that imposing. Wow.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by godwinky: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by teeboila(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
How time flies.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by tpiah99: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
Seen.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by Donaldillikah(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by okoro4: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
Idi Amin the carnivore.This man dealt with many lives
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by adesegun121(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by IGBOSON1: 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Anyone else watched 90 minutes at Entebbe Airport (with Yaphet Koto as Idi Amin)? There was also another movie that portrayed Amin in even worse light! Can't seem to remember the name now!

I hope the man wasn't as evil and daft as the west made him out to be! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by MrPresident1: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
General Idi Amin, one of the greatest leaders Africa ever had. It is pitiful, shameful and pathetic that at this day and age, young Africans are still mouthing rubbish against this man.

Reading and education is dead, certificated zombies everywhere.

Please go and buy the documentary of Idi Amin, the pirated CD is N200, and stop spewing stupidities here.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by WestOfAfrica: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
MrPresident1:
General Idi Amin, one of the greatest leaders Africa ever had. It is pitiful, shameful and pathetic that at this day and age, young Africans are still mouthing rubbish against this man.
Please go and buy the documentary of Idi Amin, the pirated CD is N200, and stop spewing stupidities here.

Can't say he was one of Africa's greatest, he did wey he do, but it took him some time to challenge European authority over his land, too long I might say, symbolism of him making white people bow in his presence meant nothing when they was the solid rock he built his house on and when they shook his house crumbled, he relied on them too much to control his country, they armed him and he troubled every one else, Kenyans, Indians, rival tribes but never the whites that owned most of the resources.
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by stephenduru: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
MrPresident1:

Bt he wasted many souls
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by CrystallinePet: 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
MrPresident1:

you're no different from Fela,Fela liked this man die. But what I know about Idi Amin is that he took everything extreme,and he was so cruel,even though he never allowed whites to control him nor turn him to puppet,he instead sat on their heads while they carried him around. i don't know about the cannibalism thing though cos most people watched that in a movie
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by CrystallinePet: 12:04am On Dec 02, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Anyone else watched 90 minutes at Entebbe Airport (with Yaphet Koto as Idi Amin)? There was also another movie that portrayed Amin in even worse light! Can't seem to remember the name now!

I hope the man wasn't as evil and daft as the west made him out to be! undecided
the west demonizes anybody that spits on their face,see what they did to Ghadafi,Sadam Hussein and even Osama bin Laden

1 Like

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by omonnakoda: 12:10am On Dec 02, 2015
liberty300:

...I bet they had a wonderful feast of human liver with extra limb and ajar of human blood for dinner
And you know this because you were at the dinner party or because Oyinbo said so. Was Idi Amin ever given a RIGHT TO REPLY or that is unnecessary?
Emancipate your mind.......by using it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by MrPresident1: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2015
CrystallinePet:
you're no different from Fela,Fela liked this man die. But what I know about Idi Amin is that he took everything extreme,and he was so cruel,even though he never allowed whites to control him nor turn him to puppet,he instead sat on their heads while they carried him around. i don't know about the cannibalism thing though cos most people watched that in a movie

You know what? I have been listening to Fela this past few days, grin.

Bro, all you need do is go and buy the CD of the documentary of Idi Amin, the real documentary, it is only N200, watch for yourself and make your own deductions, see how they used propaganda to destroy this great man of Africa, and decades after certificated zombies still cannot make the break from the lies they were forcefully and cunningly fed with.

Amin saw the future!

Amin was great!
Re: Throwback Pic Of Gowon & Idi Amin In Uganda In 1975,The Day Gowon Was Overthrown by MrPresident1: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2015
stephenduru:
Bt he wasted many souls

MrPresident1:

Bro, all you need do is go and buy the CD of the documentary of Idi Amin, the real documentary, it is only N200, watch for yourself and make your own deductions, see how they used propaganda to destroy this great man of Africa, and decades after certificated zombies still cannot make the break from the lies they were forcefully and cunningly fed with.

Amin saw the future!

Amin was great!

(1) (Reply)

Malabu OPL 245 - The Summary Of The Controversial Deal / We Have Made A Mistake Of A Lifetime / 2016 Nigeria Population Census.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.