Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! (33350 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Man Strips Unclad At Debtor's House To Demand He Pays Him His Money / Banks Shut Doors On BDCs, Politically-Exposed Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Funjosh(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Menace2Society:
Are u okay?damn it!
You have time for fools bro

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by jerryboiii(m): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2015
fvck em
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by signz: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Alu eme!!!!
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Boss13: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Grundig:
While I'm so happy with this judgement it als shows how unhealthy Nigerian banks are.

I'm excited the supreme court pronunced this judgement. The bank has no reasn but to cough out the money.

The likes of First bank, Union bank and UBA will never be found wanting.

Your comment is very funny. This is a litigation against the Bank probably as a result of a transaction that went bad. Almost all financial institutions in the country have litigation cases against them.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Akinz0126(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2015
In the days of buhari's government the masses sufferet hardship and only the poor masses take it by force.
from fry pan to fire na him we dey for this era of change.Even the rich are also weeping.Everything just dey on holdup and standstill.Chai Odikwa somehow

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by chaptersix(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2015
end time bank
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by kennycalls(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2015
Herbert wigwe are you watching?

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by fart: 7:34am On Dec 02, 2015
How will this news affect the naira positively? Will it reduce the price of fuel to 2 kobo per liter?
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2015
End time nairalander
asadike:
End time bank. lalasticlala, food don done o

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!

If the bank is doing well it should be able to liquidate the debt, afterall it has assets in excess of that amount, the the said amount should have been classified as a contigent liability and the bank should have made provision for liquidating the amount in view of the fact that that the matter is in court, they must have thought that clueless GEj will win the election. I better go and pull my funds from that branch. angry

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2015
baby124:
Let all the fake banks recruiting Nigerian women into prostitution die a natural death. The real banks that have depositor confidence will survive. Banks are NOT supposed to have government funds. Are they CBN

I quite agree with u we shall see the number of banks reduce to 5 very soon , we shall call them the BIG 5, I trust my FBN will be among. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by cr7lomo: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2015
Really
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Sheggy13(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!
But PDP people said it was Jonathan that brought the idea of TSA and that Buhari shouldn't take credit for it. Why then are u mentioning Buhari's name in connection with the same TSA?..confusion everywhere..lol

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by SpaceTour: 7:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by otokx(m): 7:42am On Dec 02, 2015
Unbelievable
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by dhateeboi(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2015
icedfire:
Oboy make i rush go withdraw my 1k wey remain for access bank oo... that one go give me at least two rounds for opo quarters... Moscow here I come

On top wetin??

Na every access banks branches dem close?

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by bekong(m): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2015
seen!
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by icedfire(m): 7:47am On Dec 02, 2015
dhateeboi:

On top wetin??

Na every access banks branches dem close?

Dey there na... you no see the big debt they are owing... them go fit pay

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by adwem2003(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:

Change!

....and tell me how this relates to the topic?

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

Why not just face your wallpaper business if some discussions are above what your IQ can support? Is that hard to do?

My brother, some people are so damn silly! The love for the clueless one has dampened their sensibility if they had any in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by pumpingmachine: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2015
Did you even read the story? The verdict was delivered by the Supreme Court in April yet you are blaming Buhari. Wail with sense

amtaken:

Change!

3 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Grundig: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2015
Boss13:

Your comment is very funny. This is a litigation against the Bank probably as a result of a transaction that went bad. Almost all financial institutions in the country have litigation cases against them.
Thanks for seeing the funny side even though I wasn't tryying to be funny.

Question is how many courts have ruled in favour of ordinary Nigerians against banks. If the tables were turned the banks wouldve done worse.

Whether litigation or not, bottom line is a Nigeriaan court, supreme court at that ruled in favour of a Nigerian(business).

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Reference(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2015
baby124:
Let all the fake banks recruiting Nigerian women into prostitution die a natural death. The real banks that have depositor confidence will survive. Banks are NOT supposed to have government funds. Are they CBN

Ask me. They will rob their customers, owe their clients and ride roughshod over real investors. Thank goodness their sugar daddy has withdrawn his largesse. Let us see how these round tripping, two timing, money launderers will cope. We have just four mobile networks and five oil majors and there is virile competition. We don't need more than five serious, viable, business oriented banks.

4 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Grundig: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2015
Let's put this in perspective, this will vry likely havea knock on effectOn other Nigerians who may have lost hope in the Nigerian judiciary.

General concensus is that the banks have the courts on speed dial. Hence they are likely to rule in the banks' favor.

Mind you, innoson also dragged gt bank to court. Guess what, innoson won. Not sure if gtbank has paid up.

3 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by pipz(m): 8:08am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

The TSA was never a bad idea. Are you telling me 9ja Banks should be so dumb that their major patronage should be from Government accounts which are basically used for fraudulent acts? 9ja banks are just too lazy and lack innovations.

And if you must pass blame, TSA idea came under GEJ. Buhari just implemented full compliance.

I know a Bank that never held any government or MDA funds.

SCB .

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by gretblue: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

The TSA was never a bad idea. Are you telling me 9ja Banks should be so dumb that their major patronage should be from Government accounts which are basically used for fraudulent acts? 9ja banks are just too lazy and lack innovations.

And if you must pass blame, TSA idea came under GEJ. Buhari just implemented full compliance.

Don't mind the half bake.They bend on criticising Buhari even when they cant impregnate their wives.In the first place,are commercial banks suppose to be in possession of govt money when CBN is readily available.The town criers are used to stealing is not corruption asap they find it difficult to adjust to new system of government.

3 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by AdeMoss: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2015
Skye bank was fined over N4billion by CBN and the bank didn't shut its doors. And that bank isn't a Tier 1 bank. Amazing people believe Access Bank, an international bank, will shut doors over what they probably budget on events every year.

3 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by femzysticks(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:

Change!

if you want to hate, Hate

Not to be blaming Mr President for a banks financial instability

Its under the private sector and they have money. They are just not willing to pay

4 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Winneygirl(f): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2015
Grundig:
While I'm so happy with this judgement it als shows how unhealthy Nigerian banks are.

I'm excited the supreme court pronunced this judgement. The bank has no reasn but to cough out the money.

The likes of First bank, Union bank and UBA will never be found wanting.
Your precious first bank and UBA held on to TSA funds and refused remitting some part of it till the deadline for remission passed.
They were fined in billions by CBN.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by josite: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2015
asadike:
End time bank. lalasticlala, food don done o

na real endtime bank with endtime legal adviser/legal dept.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Legit Money & Have Peace Of Mind. Share Your Testimony Stop Ritual Killings / “I Don’t Regret Having Only Primary School Certificate - Rasak Okoya / What Business Will I Do With #300,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.