Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! (33349 Views)

What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? / Man Strips Unclad At Debtor's House To Demand He Pays Him His Money / Banks Shut Doors On BDCs, Politically-Exposed Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by TeamSimple(m): 8:25am On Dec 02, 2015
zubizareta:

When will you ppl stop including GEJ in all your talks... APC came with promise to change which is supposed to meaning changing any wrong doin in the previous administration to good one.. So if the TSA idea by GEJ govt was a bad idea, y did Buhari implement it. Dnt let me call you Zombie this morning oo.. Receive sense..

As for the post, so only 635m naira is about to cripple this bank? Nawa oo.. Just watch ppl lose their jobs now...

Meanwhile, visit this thread for sales and installation of wallpapers, 3D panels etc..

www.nairaland.com/2740519/meriekriss-intl-services-sales-installations

The day you folks aslo stop including GEJ in any form of positives recorded by this government.

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by MadCow1: 8:28am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!

So TSA is now a bad thing too.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by zubizareta(m): 8:30am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

Why not just face your wallpaper business if some discussions are above what your IQ can support? Is that hard to do?

What is with you and IQ? Is that a new word to you??
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Egabs(m): 8:31am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:
Welcome to change where Single Treasury Account practice has threatened the strength of banks.
May God help us, n d dullard frm duara his galivant about d globe wen next nigeria hear change dey ask which kind of change whether its positive or negative every sector of the economy is granded frm the inception of this govt

Tell me which sector of Government that is not suffering under this Buhari's administration.

Change!
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Grundig: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Winneygirl:

Your precious first bank and UBA held on to TSA funds and refused remitting some part of it till the deadline for remission passed.
They were fined in billions by CBN.
Those banks are financially strng and have the backing to pay of such as amount with ease.

These New generation bank don't. They are easy on the eyes but lack real substance.

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by ibkgab001: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Igbo oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by DOCTORDONE: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2015
Judgement Time
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by judiciarypalava: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:

The TSA was never a bad idea. Are you telling me 9ja Banks should be so dumb that their major patronage should be from Government accounts which are basically used for fraudulent acts? 9ja banks are just too lazy and lack innovations.

And if you must pass blame, TSA idea came under GEJ. Buhari just implemented full compliance.

Yes it started under GEJ, but has been gradual due to the sensitivity in matters concerning banks. Since people lost their monies in banks in the past, any small distress news about ANY BANK, not just ACCESS bank, that bank is in for a run if not professionally managed.

For shutting all there branches in Enugu saved the situation to an extent, but a holistic analysis will still review movements via internet banking. And l bet you, by today people will start travelling to neighbouring states to make their withdrawals and watch what will befall the balance sheets of branches of Access bank in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by kunle75(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2015
baby124:
Let all the fake banks recruiting Nigerian women into prostitution die a natural death. The real banks that have depositor confidence will survive. Banks are NOT supposed to have government funds. Are they CBN

Thank you very much but the man before that man above you is suffering from diarrhea of the hand that's why he typed rubbish
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by tee4naija(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2015
And who told you public sector funds should be the bedrock of banking services?
You need to dust your O' level economics notes to comprehend why Nigerian banks can not survive without public sector funds.
amtaken:

Change!

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Godsonkemz(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2015
How the mighty has fallen. Even after boasting of acquiring Intercontinental some yrs ago, they still couldn't pay just 636m.

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 9:06am On Dec 02, 2015
pipz:

I know a Bank that never held any government or MDA funds.

SCB .
True. And that's why you can't see them crying on TSA like Zenith and others.

1 Like

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by stinggy(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2015
zubizareta:

What is with you and IQ? Is that a new word to you??
Because you didn't read well before jumping to abuse embarassed
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by zubizareta(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2015
stinggy:
Because you didn't read well before jumping to abuse embarassed

So because you got likes you think you have made a pt? Smh..
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by lozanni(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2015
icedfire:
Oboy make i rush go withdraw my 1k wey remain for access bank oo... that one go give me at least two rounds for opo quarters... Moscow here I come

lolz. I too get 2k there.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by icedfire(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2015
lozanni:

lolz. I too get 2k there.
abeg quick go collect am, that is about 6 bottles of origin
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by funkybully(f): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
My brother don hammer! 600milla chai! Watch out for brand new hummer buses by FG Onyenwe. Dude should fortify himself oo before this bank niggars delete him.

God don butter Ur Christmas chicken.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Daniyomex(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2015
costandi:
I was in Access bank Agbani Rd. yesterday by 3PM.
And so what?
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Elythron16zero4: 9:41am On Dec 02, 2015
AustineE1:
I guess the bank can offset the debt easily,its only a matter of time before they do,just that the stringent monetary policies of the government in power,makes it difficult to access fund easily.
I think the bank is owned by the Ige Imuokede's and they are notable financial managers,with years of undented reputable banking. No need for any panic withdrawal,the situation will be managed effectively. Six hundred million naira, though big money but yet still way too small to threaten any of our banks ever since the consolidation.
if it is way too small as you said y didn't they pay rather than allowing the matter to get to the S-court before they start looking for a way out. obviously those guys has no such pay to cough out. Recall that the matter lasted years passing through all the courts to the apex court. Even during those years the country economy was much stable than it is now. It is grossly insufficient to hinge their insolvent state on current economic policies of the F.G. This is red alert to everyone,soon it's other branches will start shutting down. I got some change their which i will quickly move to another bank when their bearings are right i will return.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by costandi(m): 9:52am On Dec 02, 2015
Daniyomex:

And so what?
The bank wasn't shut.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by LKO(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2015
icedfire:
Oboy make i rush go withdraw my 1k wey remain for access bank oo... that one go give me at least two rounds for opo quarters... Moscow here I come

After Moscow, try enter Owode.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by Bluffly: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2015
amtaken:

Change!

The TSA has only shown that the banks have bot been performing their traditional duties but rather living large on government cash and proceeds. Let them start performing their traditional responsibilities.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by 400billionman: 11:12am On Dec 02, 2015
AustineE1:
I guess the bank can offset the debt easily,its only a matter of time before they do,just that the stringent monetary policies of the government in power,makes it difficult to access fund easily.
I think the bank is owned by the Ige Imuokede's and they are notable financial managers,with years of undented reputable banking. No need for any panic withdrawal,the situation will be managed effectively. Six hundred million naira, though big money but yet still way too small to threaten any of our banks ever since the consolidation.

Most access bank branches are made up of 70% govt funds..

The TSA must have hit them worst.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by ikukuhero: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2015
AfricanFinest:
The owner abi founder is the 30th richest man in Africa from agbor in delta state valued net worth $550 million. #whayasay

Get your facts right! Zenith Bank's Jim Ovia is the Agbor man from Delta State and not Access Bank.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by sultaan(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2015
Using deposits from individuals and businesses to fund politicians who lost their post in the easiest way to kill a bank.

Unfortunately this bank might no recover if they can't control this.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by esoboy875(m): 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
AfricanFinest:
The owner abi founder is the 30th richest man in Africa from agbor in delta state valued net worth $550 million. #whayasay

Pls tel me d founder because I wan to knw...........
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
How much do you have to put in the bank?

From what business?

Buharia has crippled businesses.

Bluffly:

The TSA has only shown that the banks have bot been performing their traditional duties but rather living large on government cash and proceeds. Let them start performing their traditional responsibilities.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
How much do you and your entire clan have in the bank?
tee4naija:
And who told you public sector funds should be the bedrock of banking services?
You need to dust your O' level economics notes to comprehend why Nigerian banks can not survive without public sector funds.
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
It was adopted by Buharia for his selfish reasons.
MadCow1:

So TSA is now a bad thing too.. grin
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
femzysticks:

if you want to hate, Hate

Not to be blaming Mr President for a banks financial instability

Its under the private sector and they have money. They are just not willing to pay
Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
He was taking glory for TSA till it backfired. True or false?
pumpingmachine:
Did you even read the story? The verdict was delivered by the Supreme Court in April yet you are blaming Buhari. Wail with sense

Re: Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! by amtaken(f): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
adwem2003:

....and tell me how this relates to the topic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Legit Money & Have Peace Of Mind. Share Your Testimony Stop Ritual Killings / “I Don’t Regret Having Only Primary School Certificate - Rasak Okoya / What Business Will I Do With #300,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.