Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet (22039 Views)

Christian Astrophysicst Discovers New Planet Size Of 7 Earths Using Kepler' Data / How My Leg Got Caught By A Trap But Only My Footwear Sustained Injuries / A Man Of God Caught Trying To Bury Charms Before Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
listen, you may be operating from a position of doubt, which i operated under that position for a very long time even when professing to be a christian in the past, but right now ? i am operating from a position of certainty. i have seen things and i can emphatically tell you that God is real. but you have to walk your own path of uncertainty, and maybe, just maybe one day, if its not too late, you will get to see the error of your ways and your assertion .

Again you err.
What could be too late, Why would it be too late ?

For example, today we live under the scientific assumption that gravity is a PULL.
If, 50 or 100yrs from now, we discover that gravity is a PUSH, what would be too late ?

It only means we have to recalibrate the sum of our knowledge about gravity.

Same for the existence of the Toothfairy or skydaddy, a.k.a god.

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by dorox(m): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Let's get back to the start, can anybody in the house who is a real cognoscenti on the Big bang theory answer this:

Does this mean the Big Bang brought something out of nothing some of which formed the Stars and other the Planets?
The big bang is an explosion of energy which I think came from God. Now energy and matter are related by the Einstein equation E=mc^2. Where E is the energy equivalent of matter and is equal to the mass multiplied by the square of the speed of light.
What this means is that matter is the condensation of energy just like how steam on cooling gives water.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Again you err.
What could be too late, Why would it be too late ?
there is a reward for those who choose right, and tribulation for those who dont. keep in mind we are reincarnated beings. we are our spirit and not our body. your spirit is energy and energy can never be destroyed. so your spirit takes on new bodies periodically and returns to earth again as a new born baby. so during your next reincarnation if you are born blind na that time you go know say khaki no be leather grin

john 9 vs 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? <<< REINCARNATION. HE SINNED IN PAST LIFE TO BE BORN BLIND IN THIS LIFE. OBVIOUSLY THATS NOT HOW THE STORY WENT BUT THE FACT THAT THE QUESTION WAS RAISED LETS YOU KNOW THATS THE NORM. SIN NOW AND PAY LATER
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by menesheh(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you see any contradiction ?

There must be contradictions between your arguments and mine since we are not in the same bucket.

My point is that we can't conclude as you did that earth is the only planet capable of supporting life considering the huge number of other planet out there that we can't reach and investigate yet.

I did offer you good . At least I know there would be an emergence of human cloning industry , underwater hotel , humanoid robots that can work as firefighters , consciousness of humans to be passed to robots to continue their "existence " , scientists have discovered that snakes did have legs and lost them 90 million years ago and DNA will be used as an biological tool to find a suitable spouse from science news and updates . So if you dont see it as a good thing , then SORRY

How would you reconcile between the above comment with the one below

The funny thing here is that i never doubt that i can't spew trash but until you demonstrate that i am. You gat nothing to offer rather than telling me that you do read science updates and news.

You claimed that i spew trash and when i demanded for your reason why that is, your reply was the above. Sorry i don't understand that and it didn't say anything or in any way near demonstrating that i spew trash.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
there is a reward for those who choose right, and tribulation for those who dont. keep in mind we are reincarnated beings. we are our spirit and not our body. your spirit is energy and energy can never be destroyed. so your spirit takes on new bodies periodically and returns to earth again as a new born baby. so during your next reincarnation if you are born blind na that time you go know say khaki no be leather grin

Religion.

You keep swinging and gyrating between commonsense and religious beliefs ( the absence of common sense).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Religion.

You keep swinging and gyrating between commonsense and religious beliefs ( the absence of common sense).
again you are swimming in shallow waters so nothing i say to you will make sense. and frankly it is not supposed to make sense to you. wink
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:

john 9 vs 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? <<< REINCARNATION. HE SINNED IN PAST LIFE TO BE BORN BLIND IN THIS LIFE.

If reincarnation is real, that's proof that in my previous lives, I must have found proof for the non-existence of God.
That's probably why I was born a natural Toothfairian.

I have never had a religious feeling in blood, bones and genes.

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Muslims will be like "Jihad on the aliens to convert !!!" Oh i will pay anything to see you guys do that. . . Goodluck grin

We hope the aliens wont be slain even before they reach earth
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
see you err again. the same story was with the sumerians, the egyptians and the babylonians because God is the same yesterday, today and forever. that has been the script that has been handed down to humanity from time immemorial but disguised in allegory and each empire adds and infuses some of their culture into the story to make it original to their culture but it is the same story and the same story will be handed down millions of years from now because it is an allegorical story of what is expected of you when you come into the physical realm called earth. its instructions on how you are expected to live your life. do not steal, do not kill etc etc etc. wink wink

The annunaki weren't gods. Just other life forms who probably explored outside their solar systems.

Do you need to book to know you need to be honest. Morality is like a child who plays with fire. He gets burned and learn not to play with it again.

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

If reincarnation is real, that's proof that in my previous lives, I must have found proof for the non-existence of God.

you are not supposed to have a religious feeling. the bible is not a religious book. that man has created religion from it speaks to mans proclivity to distort things. the bible is a holy constitution. i will not expect you to make a religion out of nigerias constitution

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

The annunaki weren't gods. Just other life forms who probably explored outside their solar systems.

Do you need to book to know you need to be honest. Morality is like a child who plays with fire. He gets burned and learn not to play with it again.
i dont think you know the meaning of the word ' god ' . god means power. anyone who has authority and power is a god. buhari is a god. obama is a god. the annunaki is just a fancy way of saying israel and israel by definition of the word means ' prince of the power ' meaning annunaki were gods
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=menesheh post=40611010]

I just said on this same thread that I'd be glad if aliens were discovered meaning I never ruled out any possibility of discovering more of God's creation

There must be contradictions between your arguments and mine since we are not in the same bucket.

My point is that we can't conclude as you did that earth is the only planet capable of supporting life considering the huge number of other planet out there that we can't reach and investigate yet.

How would you reconcile between the above comment with the one below

You claimed that i spew trash and when i demanded for your reason why that is, your reply was the above. Sorry i don't understand that and it didn't say anything or in any way near demonstrating that i spew trash.

Forget it . Just dont be offended please . I can be belligerent to elicit a comment - a certain type - from anyone
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by dorox(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

We hope the aliens wont be slain even before they reach earth
Not that I believe that aliens exist but supposing they exist, they would be as unlikely to contact us as we would be unlikely to contact them due to the vastness of space and the inherent limitation of our technolgy.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Lemme get this clear . You believe in some sort of spirituality . The ghosts , spirits , demons kind of spirituality
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Scholar8200(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:
I am not a Big Bang theorist but i will answer you and advice you join the science section more often.

Big Bang theory proposes an energy singularity, matter (mass) and energy are relative..

E=Mc2

So Big bang doesn't propose nothing (Only quantum fluctuation asserts this) it proposes rapid inflation of the energy singularity which eventually cooled to form sub atomic and atomic particles (matter) that are producers of stars etc through gravitational effect.

If you want to learn about the Big bang go online, there are numerous PDF books of it..
Thanks for the attempt. the reference is noted. Actually, since it's the norm to discuss in a forum, I look forward to further clarification since the general belief is that the Universe and the Billions of galaxies etc all started with a Bang (not distribution of extant particles).

It seems Big bang theory is to inanimate, abiotic elements what evolution is to the living things: The former commences with a bang whence came all the Stars and Planets from hitherto non-existent elements, while the latter commences with an almost nothing - a microscopic protoplasm.

But in all, it appears to me that the Origin of the force of Gravity is yet to be ascertained since its existence is not a function of the Bang and without it (gravity) the Bang will make no meaning!

Will I be right to say there are two kinds of people in the world:

1. Those who believe God made the World and Universe out of nothing (and realise that they owe Him reverence etc)
2. Those who believe that energy processes made the World and Universe out of nothing (no responsibility to no body here).

Interesting that both groups have a point of intersection - It all started from NOTHING

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
dorox:

Not that I believe that aliens exist but supposing they exist, they would be as unlikely to contact us as we would be unlikely to contact them due to the vastness of space and the inherent limitation of our technolgy.

Inherent How ? You dont KNOW that our tech would improve greatly within the next 25 yrs ?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lemme get this clear . You believe in some sort of spirituality . The ghosts , spirits , demons kind of spirituality
King'sjester-ebuka.

Stop interrupting serious discussions.

3 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

King'sjester-ebuka.

Stop interrupting serious discussions.

Evasion ? Just answer the question please
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Scholar8200(m): 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
dorox:

The big bang is an explosion of energy which I think came from God. Now energy and matter are related by the Einstein equation E=mc^2. Where E is the energy equivalent of matter and is equal to the mass multiplied by the square of the speed of light.
What this means is that matter is the condensation of energy just like how steam on cooling gives water.
Noted. More contributions please!
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by menesheh(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ive experienced healing after prayer and I said hey look Im healed and everyone confirmed it - isn't that evident enough .

That's my point about personal experience and confirmation of such experience. Which mechanism did those that affirmed your healing applied to investigate whether or not there is an agent that carries out the healing. Part of the investigation will account whether or not it is part of natural phenomena or even tricks, optical illusion, mass delusion etc hence It is important to note the nature of the evidence and the way such confirmation was carried out. It matters pretty much.

Christianity teaches about love and helping one another etc , science does not.. can I say Christianity is better than science ?

I do teach people about love and do help people. Both other religious and secular (excluding Christianity) people advocates same. That's why we are part of thinking and empathetic human.

But coming to science, you always misunderstand science with that thing over there. Science is not a thing or to put it more closer, science is not a person or anything. It is just a process and method of investigating phenomenon. It is a model.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
i dont think you know the meaning of the word ' god ' . god means power. anyone who has authority and power is a god. buhari is a god. obama is a god. the annunaki is just a fancy way of saying israel and israel by definition of the word means ' prince of the power ' meaning annunaki were gods

Now you are drifting grin Sumerians are no israelis. They are the morden day Persians(Iraq). The story they told was stolen by the Israelis.

God to the ancient man means someone with unusual ability,hence a goddess. And according to their accounts,there were many gods who visited them. Some for the good of humanity and some for their selfish reasons. Messi is a god in football and we all admire him,don't we?

Have you ever asked yourself why their is war in that part of the world presently?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:

Thanks for the attempt. the reference is noted. Actually, since it's the norm to discuss in a forum, I look forward to further clarification since the general belief is that the Universe and the Billions of galaxies etc all started with a Bang (not distribution of extant particles).

It seems Big bang theory is to inanimate, abiotic elements what evolution is to the living things: The former commences with a bang whence came all the Stars and Planets from hitherto non-existent elements, while the latter commences with an almost nothing - a microscopic protoplasm.

But in all, it appears to me that the Origin of the force of Gravity is yet to be ascertained since its existence is not a function of the Bang and without it (gravity) the Bang will make no meaning!

Will I be right to say there are two kinds of people in the world:

1. Those who believe God made the World and Universe out of nothing (and realise that they owe Him reverence etc)
2. Those who believe that energy processes made the World and Universe out of nothing (no responsibility to no body here).

Noooooo sir.

Not so simplistic.

It is not a matter Beliefs.

I hate the word belief, especially when it is injected into a scientific discussion.
It has no place in rational science.

No 2 Takes mathematics and the known laws of the universe to extrapolate, project and model ideas and facts.

No 1 is pure magic, pure Houdini all the way. No mathematical corrolaries whatsoever.

No 1 is a remnant of primitive superstitions.
No 2 is derived from scientific observations, experimentations and analysis.

So, corrections.
There are two types of people in the world.
Those beholden to primitive superstitions, and those beholden to the scientific rationalism.

Simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No thank you sir.

I will not condescend this time.

I am enjoying the discussions on this thread.
No time for child's play and jesters.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by menesheh(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I just said on this same thread that I'd be glad if aliens were discovered meaning I never ruled out any possibility of discovering more of God's creation

What you do here is whenever argument got you stucked, you switch to a different argument and confuse things the more.

That means you are not absolutely certain any longer that planet earth is all that is, about any possible life form.

What the bases of our argument then.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

Now you are drifting grin Sumerians are no israelis. They are the morden day Persians(Iraq). The story they told was stolen by the Israelis.

God to the ancient man means someone with unusual ability,hence a goddess. And according to their accounts,there were many gods who visited them. Some for the good of humanity and some for their selfish reasons. Messi is a god in football and we all admire him,don't we?

Have you ever asked yourself why their is war in that part of the world presently?
believe it or not but when the sumerians existed there was no such thing as an arab or white person. sumerians were black people. caucasians and arabs as a race are just about 6000 years old. there was a point in time when everyone on earth was black. so sumerians are not persians. sumerians are negros. research that thing bruh lol. also the egyptians and babylonians were black empires. just saying. dont be falling for that whitewashed history stuff
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Gayjesus: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are getting you ass handed to you on this thread mr. You need to quit
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
believe it or not but when the sumerians existed there was no such thing as an arab or white person. sumerians were black people. caucasians and arabs as a race are just about 6000 years old. there was a point in time when everyone on earth was black. so sumerians are not persians. sumerians are negros. research that thing bruh lol. also the egyptians and babylonians were black empires. just saying. dont be falling for that whitewashed history stuff

I personally cannot say if you are right or wrong regarding the color of the Sumerians. However,the Anunnaki they wrote about were clearly physical beings and they are the ones worshiped by humans. I guess we can both say there is no god.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

I personally cannot say if you are right or wrong regarding the color of the Sumerians. However,the Anunnaki they wrote about were clearly physical beings and they are the ones worshiped by humans. I guess we can both say there is no god.
Annunaki is another word for israel. its one of those mythological names like nephilim, nibiru, osiris etc. and there are many gods but there is one GOD wink
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by hahn(m): 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:

Then how did the white skin come about?

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
Annunaki is another word for israel. its one of those mythological names like nephilim, nibiru, osiris etc. and there are many gods but there is one GOD wink

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
hahn:

Then how did the white skin come about?

nice question
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

Yeah its mythology. thats what i am telling you. no such thing happened realistically. its an allegory. coming down to earth means powerful people coming amongst less powerful people. its all a play on words. its like in the bible how they say lucifer fell from heaven to earth. these are all play on words which have a different meaning from what they sound like. you have to understand that all the ancients hid their wisdom in allegory. every ancient text or wisdom from egypt to babylonia to sumeria is all hidden in allegory so that only those with eye to see and ear to hear will perceive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Tunde Bakare & Wife Celebrate 32nd Wedding Anniversary, Share #tb Photos / Pastor Adeboye's 73rd Birthday Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.