Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet (22097 Views)

Christian Astrophysicst Discovers New Planet Size Of 7 Earths Using Kepler' Data / How My Leg Got Caught By A Trap But Only My Footwear Sustained Injuries / A Man Of God Caught Trying To Bury Charms Before Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by hahn(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahn , thank you for this response . I expected a possible intellectual discussion to sprout from that and not someone looking for names of evolutionists to feed on grin

I believe man has a purpose of creation until that purpose is achieved Christ will tarry . So if its God's will for man to continue his existence for the next 1000 yrs , then yes man will .

Everything will fall into place to perpetuate his existence

i. Some computer scientists believe AI can obliterate the human race , then the creation of conscious robots may not be achieved
ii. Some scientists claim climatic change will have adverse effects on humanity , that will be dealt with
iii . Chances of asteroids hitting the earth will be reduced to nothing etc

Ok. No problem

KingEbukasBlog:

His ideas of the events in the bible being allegorical are not totally out of line . He presented them smartly but I'll surely find away to catch him off guard . I hope sukkot knows more questions are coming . I really want to more of his knowledge smiley
But ifeness is just looking for where to cling on . He refused to be a viodict and had to believe in aliens . He makes up his own stories and regurgitates fantasies and fiction from Hollywood movies

But you suppose understand wetin I mean na wink

KingEbukasBlog:

You dey craze . And na you wey like and share am ... carry on wink

What can I say? It was a funny comment tongue

KingEbukasBlog:

Hahn , thank you for this response . I expected a possible intellectual discussion to sprout from that and not someone looking for names of evolutionists to feed on grin
I believe man has a purpose of creation until that purpose is achieved Christ will tarry . So if its God's will for man to continue his existence for the next 1000 yrs , then yes man will .
Everything will fall into place to perpetuate his existence
i. Some computer scientists believe AI can obliterate the human race , then the creation of conscious robots may not be achieved
ii. Some scientists claim climatic change will have adverse effects on humanity , that will be dealt with
iii . Chances of asteroids hitting the earth will be reduced to nothing etc

Until then, I intend to live in the NOW smiley
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Scholar8200(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
in regards to those beholden to the scientific rationalism. Do they have explanation of the first cause? If NO , then am sorry to say this, scholar8200 was right.
And if they claim there might be no first cause needed then watch these men attribute the fact of the Creator being Un-created and from everlasting to everlasting, to their intellectual inventions (extrapolations, assumptions, estimations and ideas with much leeway to adjust it for crying out loud!). Indeed the whole reeks more, not of natural inquisitiveness, but a conceited drive egged on by rebellion!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
And if they claim there might be no first cause needed then watch these men attribute the fact of the Creator being Un-created and from everlasting to everlasting, to their intellectual inventions (extrapolations, assumptions, estimations and ideas with much leeway to adjust it for crying out loud!). Indeed the whole reeks more, not of natural inquisitiveness, but a conceited drive egged on by rebellion!

Lol.
It all depends on how you choose to learn about the universe and existential issues.

If you have a million bits of scattered phenomena in the observable universe, you can do one of two things.

You can begin to observe, study, analyze and assemble the pieces one by one, over time, or, you can just tell yourself that it's a Toothfairy, no questions asked, none required, case closed.

This is the difference between you and I.

You reject facts and scientific ideas for magic, and then you have the effrontery to scoff at those that prefer the tedious process of observation, experimentation and analysis.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
It all depends on how you choose to learn about the universe and existential issues.

If you have a million bits of scattered phenomena in the observable universe, you can do one of two things.

You can begin to observe, study, analyze and assemble the pieces one by one, over time, or, you can just tell yourself that it's a Toothfairy, no questions asked, none required, case closed.

You reject facts and scientific ideas for magic, and then you have the effrontery to scoff at those that prefer the tedious process of observation, experimentation and analysis.

Classic case of simpleton ignoramus

2 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Scholar8200(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

whatever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
hahn:

Until then, I intend to live in the NOW smiley

You have to be prudent - its part of life .
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
never. impossible to catch me off guard lmao. oh yeah i am here all day so bring the questions on later. right now i am in this very heated frontpage thread about this beautiful girl who got shot and killed in the biafran rally. but i will only be there for like an hour so after that you can fire all your questions and they will be thoroughly answered. wink cheesy

Can I start now ? cool
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by hahn(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You have to be prudent - its part of life .

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can I start now ? cool
sure why not
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Princewell2012(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
2 cor. 4; 18.
while we look not at things which are seen but at things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal and the things which are not seen are eternal.

There re two types of people, those who believe in God and those who don't believe.

Its is pointless arguing with an atheists

3 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
sure why not

Are Christ's apostles symbolic or real . If they are symbolic , what are the individual representations of

a. Peter - His rock
b. Judas - The one who betrayed him
c. John - The Beloved , and whom the revelations of the events of the last days
i John's revelations were allegorical . Can an allegory be embedded in another allegory?
ii . John pleaded for Christ's return

Revelation 22:20

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

... doesn't this expose the fact Christ's been born on earth isn't allegorical ?

We can kick off with the above .
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are Christ's apostles symbolic or real . If they are symbolic , what are the individual representations of

a. Peter - His rock
b. Judas - The one who betrayed him
c. John - The Beloved , and whom the revelations of the events of the last days
i John's revelations were allegorical . Can an allegory be embedded in another allegory?
ii . John pleaded for Christ's return

Revelation 22:20

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

... doesn't this expose the fact Christ's been born on earth isn't allegorical ?

We can kick off with the above .

well christ being born on earth is not allegorical. however there are many christs and not just one and all those people you mentioned are the different attributes of the different christs. john the revelator was a christ ( which christ means anointed ), paul was a christ, and judas represents the followers of christ who abandoned the ways of the truth and sold out to the ways of the world. for evidence that there are many christs >>>>

i corinthians 15 vs 23 Christ the firstfruits; <<< CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS ? FIRSTFRUITS. MANY OF THEM. PLURAL NOT SINGULAR
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
well christ being born on earth is not allegorical. however there are many christs and not just one and all those people you mentioned are the different attributes of the different christs. john the revelator was a christ ( which christ means anointed ), paul was a christ, and judas represents the followers of christ who abandoned the ways of the truth and sold out to the ways of the world. for evidence that there are many christs >>>>

i corinthians 15 vs 23 Christ the firstfruits; <<< CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS ? FIRSTFRUITS. MANY OF THEM. PLURAL NOT SINGULAR

Nice . Second one :

Is Noah's flood allegorical ?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Nice . Second one :

Is Noah's flood allegorical ?
YUP
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
YUP

So can you explain how it is one
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So can you explain how it is one
it is simply allegorically expressing how yisrael will lose their control of the world and will be overtaken by several empires starting from the babylonian and ending with the roman and the doctrines of these empires will flood the world hence THE FLOOD while yisrael will have the word of God sealed in them hence hiding in the ark, the ark being the word of God that is sealed in them while floating in this barrage of doctrines from all the nations ruling the world. thats the story in a nutshell
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
it is simply allegorically expressing how yisrael will lose their control of the world and will be overtaken by several empires starting from the babylonian and ending with the roman and the doctrines of these empires will flood the world hence THE FLOOD while yisrael will have the word of God sealed in them hence hiding in the ark, the ark being the word of God that is sealed in them while floating in this barrage of doctrines from all the nations ruling the world. thats the story in a nutshell

So can you explain this verse :

2 Peter 3:5-7

5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Since Noah's flood is allegorical
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So can you explain this verse :

5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Since Noah's flood is allegorical
what version of the bible is that ? only KJV is valid. ask the question again and quote from KJV
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=virginboy1 post=40614802][/quote]

god did grin grin grin And my dog was a witness

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
what version of the bible is that ? only KJV is valid. ask the question again and quote from KJV

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Since you claim Noah's flood story is allegorical , can you explain the above verse ?

Hope this is ok
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Since you claim Noah's flood story is allegorical , can you explain the above verse ?

Hope this ok
Well first of all, not everything in the bible is what it seems. certain words mean something to me and you but to the bible they mean something else which is why the bible has to be deciphered precept upon precept. lets take the word water for example ? to you it means liquid water. but here is what the bible ( keep in mind the bible was compiled 500 years ago so its in old english and old english words today are not what they meant back then ), so here is what bible means by water when we go precept for precept

revelation 17 vs 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the wh-ore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

SO THATS WHAT WATER MEANS. IT CAN BE PEOPLES, MULTITUTUDES, NATIONS OR TONGUES AKA DOCTRINES. SO BACK TO INTERPRETING YOUR VERSE

it says that those in rulership now ( the gentile nations as at that point in time ) and the sealed elect members of israel and the non-sealed members of israel were all created together in ancient times ( thus emphasizing reincarnation of souls ). however rulership of israel was perished by the barrage of heathen doctrines when the heathens took over the world but this heathen rulership will be perished by fire on those who refused to tow the path of God. so fire means tribulation. so there will be heavy tribulation when the end of the age comes, and the tribulation will be on those who refused to seek the path of truth and this tribulation will bring about the end of an era and the start of a new era.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
Well first of all, not everything in the bible is what it seems. certain words mean something to me and you but to the bible they mean something else which is why the bible has to be deciphered precept upon precept. lets take the word water for example ? to you it means liquid water. but here is what the bible ( keep in mind the bible was compiled 500 years ago so its in old english and old english words today are not what they meant back then ), so here is what bible means by water when we go precept for precept

revelation 17 vs 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the wh-ore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

SO THATS WHAT WATER MEANS. IT CAN BE PEOPLES, MULTITUTUDES, NATIONS OR TONGUES AKA DOCTRINES. SO BACK TO INTERPRETING YOUR VERSE

it says that those in rulership now ( the gentile nations as at that point in time ) and the sealed elect members of israel and the non-sealed members of israel were all created together in ancient times ( thus emphasizing reincarnation of souls ). however rulership of israel was perished by the barrage of heathen doctrines when the heathens took over the world but this heathen rulership will be perished by fire on those who refused to tow the path of God. so fire means tribulation. so there will be heavy tribulation when the end of the age comes, and the tribulation will be on those who refused to seek the path of truth and this tribulation will bring about the end of an era and the start of a new era.

Its pretty obvious that the way verse 5 presented itself - not showing any evidence of allegory . Its actually quite clear

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its pretty obvious that the way verse 5 presented itself - not showing any evidence of allegory . Its actually quite clear

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water

and i told you what water means. its not h20. this is what water means in the bible

rev 17 vs 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the who-re sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

THIS IS HOW YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO READ THE BIBLE

isaiah 28 vs 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little <<< WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT YOU HAVE TO USE THE BIBLE TO DECIPHER THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE IS LIKE A JIGSAW PUZZLE THAT YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE. WHEN YOU SEE A WORD IN THE BIBLE, YOU USE THE BIBLES INTERPRETATION OF WHAT THAT WORD IS. FOR EXAMPLE TREE IN THE BIBLE MEANS MEN. IT DOES NOT MEAN AN ACTUAL TREE. ETC ETC.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:
and i told you what water means. its not h20. this is what water means in the bible

rev 17 vs 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the who-re sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

isaiah 28 vs 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little <<< WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT YOU HAVE TO USE THE BIBLE TO DECIPHER THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE IS LIKE A JIGSAW PUZZLE THAT YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE. WHEN YOU SEE A WORD IN THE BIBLE, YOU USE THE BIBLES INTERPRETATION OF WHAT THAT WORD IS. FOR EXAMPLE TREE IN THE BIBLE MEANS MEN. IT DOES NOT MEAN AN ACTUAL TREE. ETC ETC.

Lol.
In other words, the bible is a BABBLE ? shocked

I couldn't have said it any better.
grin
Lol is the word.!

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:

Valid by what authority ?

Endorsed by Jesus or the holy spirit spiri ?

grin
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
In other words, the bible is a BABBLE ? shocked

I couldn't have said it any better.
grin
Lol is the word.!
you can call it whatever you want but in order to get the wisdom that is hidden within, there are certain protocols that have to be followed. if you dont follow the protocols you are wasting your time. all the wisdom knowledge and understanding in the book is hidden and locked. you have to unlock it by following the protocols wink wink cheesy
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Valid by what authority ?

Endorsed by Jesus or the holy spirit spiri ?

grin
valid in that it is the only version that checks accurately against the hebrew and greek scrolls from which it is translated from
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by qotaqa: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
sukkot:

Lets Pause here first .

Did Noah and his family really exist ?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Ugh !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3285381/What-humans-look-like-1-000-years-Video-suggests-develop-RED-eyes-darker-skin-better-looking.html
Darker Skin.

Not necessarily due to evolution, but Adaptation. i.e Tanning.

But you left out the part where humans reengineer their bodies and cheat death. due to the intervention of artificial intelligence. tsk tsk. too much cherry picking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lets Pause here first .

Did Noah and his family really exist ?
not as 3 men and a father but yes they existed
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
Darker Skin.

Not necessarily due to evolution, but Adaptation. i.e Tanning.

But you left out the part where humans reengineer their bodies and cheat death. due to the intervention of artificial intelligence. tsk tsk. too much cherry picking.

Kiddo

Whats your p ? The article clearly said evolution , you can write to MailOnline's science team and tell them they are wrong . Am no evolutionist .

And I wasn't cherry picking . It was pertinently done - in accordance sukkot and I's discussion of skin colour .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.