Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,965 members, 7,835,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit (3450 Views)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

So. You're putting your faith in scientific studies only when it suits you ?

Big laugh.

The error of many atheists is that they pretend not to know that theists are not just religious people. They are surgeons, astronauts, engineers, biologists etc. Atheists seems not to get the message that atheism is not synonymous to science.

When you decide that only one part of your brain is useful in certain discussions, then you should know that such pattern of thinking is strange. Normal humans don't just think logically but that's the kind of thinking atheists like to make conclusions about God on. The day atheists wake up from this slumber they may begin to understand what theists have been telling them all along.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by plaetton: 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

The error of many atheists is that they pretend not to know that theists are not just religious people. They are surgeons, astronauts, engineers, biologists etc. Atheists seems not to get the message that atheism is not synonymous to science.

When you decide that only one part of your brain is useful in certain discussions, then you should know that such pattern of thinking is strange. Normal humans don't just think logically but that's the kind of thinking atheists like to make conclusions about God on. The day atheists wake up from this slumber they may begin to understand what theists have been telling them all along.

The point eludes you still.

So, let me try again.

Scientific studies are good only when it helps your arguments against atheism ?

But same scientific studies, when focused on religious superstitions, then become the work of rebellious non- believers or the devil.

I simply why you don't apply scientific studies , for example, in examining how a virgin can birth a child.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
I will try as much as briefly as possible to make this clear to you, cos im busy and it seems as if y'all dont even realise you do the same thing you accuse people for.
dalaman:

The mind is the sum total of all the neurological activities that go on in the human brain. You can't reason or do anything without the brain.
God accounts for the totality of creation, existence would have been impossible without a creator. Life itself is an effect of a cause. Evidence points to the fact that there cant be an effect without a cause.
Where you dont make sense is claiming a "nothing cause".
@bolded above, you also cant do anything without a cause. I think im in line with the fact that "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

dalaman:

The mind is the function of the brain, the brain can be seen and has been worked on in various ways with various results. Material substance like alcohol and drugs affect the brain and it's function so , you aren't asking a serious question that isn't known or hasn't been experimented with.
This is funny. Creation is a function of a creator. Creation can be seen. And there are several testimonies and evidences that the lives of people are affected by the supernatural. Im asking a very serious question and you havent replied. For the benefit of people like you who believe only in the evidentially visible. Post an evidentially visible picture of the human mind, its location in the human body and evidence for its existence and lets learn.

dalaman:

Human's are not interested in wanting their soft-wares to know about their existence, the software we are using to communicate on this platform was created just to aid in communication, who ever created it is not interested in it knowing about it's existence,
Dont twist my analogy, you should be smarter than this.
God........greater
Man........Lesser
Also in the same sense,
Man.....greater
software......lesser
So instead of the bolded, what you should ask is; is it reasonable for man to try to prove his existence to softwares for any reason, does it even make any sense.
@ bolded, please make sense. how can one create something and not know about its existenceundecided. Are you starting to get confused.

dalaman:

God man relationship is just a made up hypothesis.
Substantial evidence for this claim pls, dont just wave hands in the air grin

dalaman:

Please tell this God of yours which you are in a relationship with to tell you exactly when he created the universe, He should give you the exact time and date and tell you how many days he used in creating the universe. That shouldn't be difficult for you since you claims you are in a very serious relationship with this God idea of your.
Comments like this is what make you look unintelligent.
We have his Word, and he tells us exactly when he created the universe. In the Begining
Before you go "the book aint credible". You yourself opened a thread on how the Bible innoculates itself against 21st century reasoning.
But you were too shallow to try to analyse how primitive minds could compete with "enlightened" minds.
God is not an idea, neither is he human. I know its hard for you to grasp due to your stubborness. But try not to think of it as a human-human relationship, try not to create a powerless god in your head.

dalaman:

The constant lies you guys tell when you hit a brick wall and have nothing reasonable to say. According to the man made idea and theology you subscribe to this God of yours used to reveal himself to people back in the days, he used to address them through public speech, used to perform serious signs and wonders, used to bring out his hands and write on stone tablets for all to see, used to fight along with them, was all all over the place, he even came down as a human being and lived with them and on and on. Your God has undergone a lot of cultural and systematic evolution. Your God is invisible because the guys that created the idea felt it was more compelling creating an invisible being, they started out worshiping mountains, rivers, desert, to idols and later to invisible beings all depending on what they want and the ideas they conjured up. What compelling idea do you want beside the fact that your God is a man made idea, that is why human's must talk on it's behalf, humans most write on it's behalf based on what ever they imagine, humans must create what ever theology and doctrines they want others to follow on it's behalf, humans must fight all its battles for it, build it's temples and shrines, set up societies and laws on it's behalf, create systems, propagate it's message do everything on behalf of what ever God concept they have imagined and chose to live by. I have told you that God is a man made idea that is why there are many different Gods and may different religions. The religion you chose to follow is based purely by birth.
How can you be so ruthless in lies. Give instances where God directly addressed people, and how it dosent happen nowadays.
How could you be so confident in unintelligence, God came from heaven and went to war with peopleundecided
God still perform signs and wonders till date, man still marvels at the wonders of creation. Dont turn blind eyes willingly.
Saying that man has different gods is not new, its been like that since the days of the Bible.

dalaman:

If you were born into a muslim family in Iran yo would have been a Shite muslim, if you were born into a Hindu family in Nepal you would have been a Hindu. You are a christian only because you were born into a christian family in Nigeria.
Its something to be born into religion, its another thing to find out the truth. If i was born into poverty, ill try as much as possible to become rich. Do you willingly stay in poverty just because its where you were bornundecided. Why do you try to succeed in life if you werent born into success.undecided You have no point on this.
dalaman:

Stop talking about God as if there is such a being out there that exist, there is no such thing, what exist is just the idea, the people that subscribe and believe those ideas and the system that was created based on the theology and doctrines based on that God idea.
You sound so sure, you are demonstrating infinite knowledge. You need to provide compeling evidence to compensate this your sure knowledge.
dalaman:

Even within your religion there are different concepts of this God idea,
Dunno what you mean man cos i dont believe in religion but truth.
dalaman:

They might profess God but when you look deep inside you will see that they all have very different ideas of what this God is to them all.
Wow...You have looked deep into the minds of many people, and you have drawn a conclusion from what they think. You probably have supernatural powers. opps!! sorry... You dont believe in the supernatural.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

The mind is the sum total of all the neurological activities that go on in the human brain. You can't reason or do anything without the brain. We all have brains and your own behavior can be altered when your brain is altered. The mind is the function of the brain, the brain can be seen and has been worked on in various ways with various results. Material substance like alcohol and drugs affect the brain and it's function so , you aren't asking a serious question that isn't known or hasn't been experimented with.

Human's are not interested in wanting their soft-wares to know about their existence, the software we are using to communicate on this platform was created just to aid in communication, who ever created it is not interested in it knowing about it's existence, and above all software are not conscious. They are just a set of codes used to carry out specific task. God man relationship is just a made up hypothesis. If you are in a relatioship with God that means you and this God of yours communicate back and forth right? Please tell this God of yours which you are in a relationship with to tell you exactly when he created the universe, He should give you the exact time and date and tell you how many days he used in creating the universe. That shouldn't be difficult for you since you claims you are in a very serious relationship with this God idea of your.

The constant lies you guys tell when you hit a brick wall and have nothing reasonable to say. According to the man made idea and theology you subscribe to this God of yours used to reveal himself to people back in the days, he used to address them through public speech, used to perform serious signs and wonders, used to bring out his hands and write on stone tablets for all to see, used to fight along with them, was all all over the place, he even came down as a human being and lived with them and on and on. Your God has undergone a lot of cultural and systematic evolution. Your God is invisible because the guys that created the idea felt it was more compelling creating an invisible being, they started out worshiping mountains, rivers, desert, to idols and later to invisible beings all depending on what they want and the ideas they conjured up. What compelling idea do you want beside the fact that your God is a man made idea, that is why human's must talk on it's behalf, humans most write on it's behalf based on what ever they imagine, humans must create what ever theology and doctrines they want others to follow on it's behalf, humans must fight all its battles for it, build it's temples and shrines, set up societies and laws on it's behalf, create systems, propagate it's message do everything on behalf of what ever God concept they have imagined and chose to live by. I have told you that God is a man made idea that is why there are many different Gods and may different religions. The religion you chose to follow is based purely by birth.

If you were born into a muslim family in Iran yo would have been a Shite muslim, if you were born into a Hindu family in Nepal you would have been a Hindu. You are a christian only because you were born into a christian family in Nigeria. Stop talking about God as if there is such a being out there that exist, there is no such thing, what exist is just the idea, the people that subscribe and believe those ideas and the system that was created based on the theology and doctrines based on that God idea. Even within your religion there are different concepts of this God idea, the Catholics for example have a very different God idea compared to the Pentecostal word of faith movement or the Aladora/ cherubim and seraphim white garment wearing Christians. They might profess God but when you look deep inside you will see that they all have very different ideas of what this God is to them all.

ok smiley
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
@winner01 ... since I started conversing with dullardman , he never exceeds the boundaries of the above post . The same goddamn thing over and over again cheesy
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

Your statement:
The mind is the sum total of all the neurological activities that go on in the human brain. You can't reason or do anything without the brain. We all have brains and your own behavior can be altered when your brain is altered. The mind is the function of the brain, the brain can be seen and has been worked on in various ways with various results. Material substance like alcohol and drugs affect the brain and it's function so , you aren't asking a serious question that isn't known or hasn't been experimented with.

My Response:
Mind is not function of brain. The mind is more than the brain has capacity to operate.

Your Statement:
Please tell this God of yours which you are in a relationship with to tell you exactly when he created the universe, He should give you the exact time and date and tell you how many days he used in creating the universe. That shouldn't be difficult for you since you claims you are in a very serious relationship with this God idea of your.

My Response:
If he tells you what God spoke to him about that will you believe him?

Your Statement:
I have told you that God is a man made idea that is why there are many different Gods and may different religions.

My Response:
Does that mean that the existence of fakes is a proof that originals don't exist

Your Statement:
The religion you chose to follow is based purely by birth.

My Response:
Did you know him that much? You even know those who didn't change religion just by online interaction? This is part of the irrational stuffs I talked about but you are not using it rightly here.

Your Statement:
If you were born into a muslim family in Iran yo would have been a Shite muslim, if you were born into a Hindu family in Nepal you would have been a Hindu. You are a christian only because you were born into a christian family in Nigeria. Stop talking about God as if there is such a being out there that exist, there is no such thing, what exist is just the idea, the people that subscribe and believe those ideas and the system that was created based on the theology and doctrines based on that God idea.
Even within your religion there are different concepts of this God idea, the Catholics for example have a very different God idea compared to the Pentecostal word of faith movement or the Aladora/ cherubim and seraphim white garment wearing Christians. They might profess God but when you look deep inside you will see that they all have very different ideas of what this God is to them all.

My Response:
Maybe Pyrrho can now understand what I meant about the kind of atheists I said I've been meeting. You are making assertive statements over what you don't have prove for yet you say only evidence (better still, what YOU prefer to be the evidence) is required for God to exist.YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR TO YOUR BRAIN AND TO YOUR HUMANITY. Hope you are not offended? Just stating what I think about how you think.

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by frank317: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

These two statements are wrong. Please read up on them and don't use such as arguments. You will not hear experts in the field making such statements. That was my first lesson in psychiatry class and the "conclusion" was inconclusive.

The mind has capacity to pick up signals outside the senses. You do things without the involvement of your brain.

whats this? where is the mind located
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
frank317:

I'm expecting dalaman's response to my question on what makes up a human being-- are we just chemicals interacting? The answer to your question is in what we are made up of.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
plaetton:

The point eludes you still.

So, let me try again.

Scientific studies are good only when it helps your arguments against atheism ?

But same scientific studies, when focused on religious superstitions, then become the work of rebellious non- believers or the devil.

I simply why you don't apply scientific studies , for example, in examining how a virgin can birth a child.

What you call "Scientific studies" are only applicable where miracles are not involved.

Atheists are the ones who refuse to believe in the possibility of miracles. Theists believe natural science and also believe in supernatural science that, among other things, involves miracles. So we cannot start discussion on that when you don't consider its possibility even when it happens every day.

The existence of the natural does not rule out the existence of the supernatural. In fact, the existence of one depends on the other. Theists are simply asking atheists to not close their minds to knowledge just because it comes from a different source than they are used to.

True science is open to new ideas but I keep meeting people who claim to believe in science yet don't think like one.

If I may ask, how will scientific research prove that virgin birth CANNOT happen? It can only prove that it DOES NOT happen. They are two different things. And my teachers in science told me, "Never say, 'Never' ."
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@winner01 ... since I started conversing with dullardman , he never exceeds the boundaries of the above post . The same goddamn thing over and over again cheesy
I tire for the him oo, the guys has built a fence around his brains and cant reason beyond its confines.
Im still waiting for a picture of the human mind from him though im not raising my hopes. Seems God is the only invisibility they dont believe. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
frank317:

Maybe you should tell us, afterall the dullard made the initial claim.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
Maybe you should tell us, afterall the dullard made the initial claim.

I appreciate your comments. But kindly treat others with respect. Let's see if rational arguments will be sustained. I refer to the use of "dullard."
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

What you call "Scientific studies" are only applicable where miracles are not involved.

Atheists are the ones who refuse to believe in the possibility of miracles. Theists believe natural science and also believe in supernatural science that, among other things, involves miracles. So we cannot start discussion on that when you don't consider its possibility even when it happens every day.

The existence of the natural does not rule out the existence of the supernatural. In fact, the existence of one depends on the other. Theists are simply asking atheists to not close their minds to knowledge just because it comes from a different source than they are used too.

True science is open to new ideas but I keep meeting people who claim to believe in science yet don't think like one.

If I may ask, how will scientific research prove that virgin birth CANNOT happen? It can only prove that it DOES NOT happen. They are two different things. And my teachers in science told me, "Never say, 'Never' ."

Atheists are close minded and are not open to wider scope of knowledge of the supernatural - transcends a shallow human mind

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
I tire for the him oo, the guys has built a fence around his brains and cant reason beyond its confines.
Im still waiting for a picture of the human mind from him though im not raising my hopes. Seems God is the only invisibility they dont believe. grin

Dalaman .... please provide a picture of the mind as an evidence it exists .
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

I appreciate your comments. But kindly treat others with respect. Let's see if rational arguments will be sustained. I refer to the use of "dullard."
Okay by me, as long as rational comments are sustained.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Weah96: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

You didn't get the gist. It's not about atheism or mind reading. It just means humans- including atheists- make decisions based on environmental suggestion not necessarily based on logic or rationality.

It also means that logic can be very wrong when you don't have all the required information to make it right- whether you know what these information are or not.

Logic takes time to appreciate which explains why atheists took a minute before abandoning their various religions.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Weah96:

Logic takes time to appreciate which explains why atheists took a minute before abandoning their various religions.

There is nothing logical in asserting that life has no creator and ...

I was on the magic money thread and people narrated their experiences in the hands of the fraudulent magicians . I expected an atheist to explain the science of 1000 notes "mysteriously" changing to 10 or 100 naira notes after a period of time . So disappointed that no one showed up sad to explain how different people across different cities experienced the same kind of fraud and there was nothing enigmatic about their experiences .

Apparently , the atheists turn a blind eye to anything that beats their dumb logic .

So Weah96 , can you explain using logic and science why how 1000 naira notes could change to 100 naira notes inside a drawer
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by keenn: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

These two statements are wrong. Please read up on them and don't use such as arguments. You will not hear experts in the field making such statements. That was my first lesson in psychiatry class and the "conclusion" was inconclusive.

The mind has capacity to pick up signals outside the senses. You do things without the involvement of your brain.

Nigga, what is ur profession?

Did u just say u do things without the involvement of ur brain?

I think we should understand what u mean by brain, if u mean brain as in cerebrum , I agree, but what the OP meant was the total brain, fore, mid and hind brain inclusive.

Where else can mind pick senses from?

You do things like?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by keenn: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

What is a man made up of? Is man just a living complex interaction of chemicals? What is life? What makes the difference between a "corpse" placed on life support and a corpse transfered to the mortuary?

Yes he is a living complex interaction of chemicals

The difference is because of a functional Medula oblongata, a component og the hind brain, this part controls all unconscious activity and muscles not attached to bone - bteathing, respiration, digestion, circulation ...

the absence of a functional cerebrum is the absence of conscious existence/life.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is nothing logical in asserting that life has no creator and ...

I was on the magic money thread and people narrated their experiences in the hands of the fraudulent magicians . I expected an atheist to explain the science of 1000 notes "mysteriously" changing to 10 or 100 naira notes after a period of time . So disappointed that no one showed up sad to explain how different people across different cities experienced the same kind of fraud and there was nothing enigmatic about their experiences .

Apparently , the atheists turn a blind eye to anything that beats their dumb logic .

So Weah96 , can you explain using logic and science why how 1000 naira notes could change to 100 naira notes inside a drawer

As far as some atheists are concerned, if it cannot be explained "scientifically" it does not exist so far they didn't see it themselves. Some will even say it is not true even if they see it because it doesn't fit in to their small box. But they would believe "scientific" studies flawed in hypothesis and/or methodology even when not involved in the studies.
l

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Dalaman .... please provide a picture of the mind as an evidence it exists .

What is a mind? Define what a mind is please.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

As far as some atheists are concerned, if it cannot be explained "scientifically" it does not exist so far they didn't see it themselves. Some will even say it is not true even if they see it because it doesn't fit in to their small box. But they would believe "scientific" studies flawed in hypothesis and/or methodology even when not involved in the studies.
l

Exactly ! If they cant explain why , they'll resort to claiming it didnt happen or you are not sure of your own experiences with witnesses . Its very pathetic that someone who claims to be rational should reason in such a way .
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

No please adhere to my request then I'll do yours . Simple
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Then Dalaman you can explain the mystery of the magic money afterwards using science and logic
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
keenn:

Nigga, what is ur profession?

Did u just say u do things without the involvement of ur brain?

I think we should understand what u mean by brain, if u mean brain as in cerebrum , I agree, but what the OP meant was the total brain, fore, mid and hind brain inclusive.

Where else can mind pick senses from?

You do things like?

Not all information get to the brain for action. Some take place at the level of the spinal cord. If you've decapitated fowl and still see it flapping its wings before, you can get what I mean.

About signals outside 5 senses, let me illustrate with an experience. I had a set of twins in my class. One of them just without reason started crying and she couldn't explain why. Someone suggested they look for her sister. They found her crying too, she was beaten up.
Several times I have also experienced situations where a song is on my mind and someone else suddenly starts singing it out loud.

There are several recorded cases of people getting to know things that is not naturally possible to know by reason of the 5 senses sending signals to the brain.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

Why not answer questions with answers and not more questions.. angry

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Several times I have also experienced situations where a song is on my mind and someone else suddenly starts singing it out loud.
Absolutely true, i have experienced this.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
Why not answer questions with answers and not more questions.. angry
smiley
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
keenn:

Yes he is a living complex interaction of chemicals

The difference is because of a functional Medula oblongata, a component og the hind brain, this part controls all unconscious activity and muscles not attached to bone - bteathing, respiration, digestion, circulation ...

the absence of a functional cerebrum is the absence of conscious existence/life.

Thanks for your response Keenn.
My question, however, is " Is he JUST a complex interaction of chemicals?" and "What is life?"
When the brain stem is dead, you may be aware, other reflexes controlled by the spinal cord may still be functioning. Science says the person is dead but millions of cells are still alive and functioning. So what is life? Where does it come from?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
I will try as much as briefly as possible to make this clear to you, cos im busy and it seems as if y'all dont even realise you do the same thing you accuse people for.God accounts for the totality of creation, existence would have been impossible without a creator. Life itself is an effect of a cause. Evidence points to the fact that there cant be an effect without a cause.
Where you dont make sense is claiming a "nothing cause".
@bolded above, you also cant do anything without a cause. I think im in line with the fact that "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

I don't know what is responsible for life neither do you, the fact is you only chose to accept ideas that ancient men thought about as the fact of something that is yet to be know as a matter of fact. You do not know if life came about by the action of many entities or by some super intelligent race somewhere in the universe or if life just began randomly and continued to evolve on its own as the scientist allege, you just believe in some ancient mythical idea of a God that some group of men sat down and thought about. Read the mythical creation account in genesis, does it comes close to how this universe came about? Do you even know how the book of genesis was written and complied? Do you know that part of the creation account was borrowed from the Sumerians?

This is funny. Creation is a function of a creator. Creation can be seen. And there are several testimonies and evidences that the lives of people are affected by the supernatural. Im asking a very serious question and you havent replied. For the benefit of people like you who believe only in the evidentially visible. Post an evidentially visible picture of the human mind, its location in the human body and evidence for its existence and lets learn.

Give me a clear cut example of the supernatural in action. What is the human mind? Define the human mind in very clear terms for me.

Dont twist my analogy, you should be smarter than this.
God........greater
Man........Lesser
Also in the same sense,
Man.....greater
software......lesser
So instead of the bolded, what you should ask is; is it reasonable for man to try to prove his existence to softwares for any reason, does it even make any sense.
@ bolded, please make sense. how can one create something and not know about its existenceundecided. Are you starting to get confused.

If man wants to be in a relationship with software and wants software to get to know him as stated by the religion you were indoctrinated withthen he will prove his existence to the software he created. Are you now saying that God doesn't need to prove his existence to humans? Are you crazy? What then is the bible for? Is the bible not filled with God proving his existence to humans? Remember the contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal other such stories where God proved his existence to others. I can believe you are shamelessly saying this because you know you have nothing up your sleeve except belief in the ideas and mythical stories of ancient people.

Substantial evidence for this claim pls, dont just wave hands in the air grin

Comments like this is what make you look unintelligent.
We have his Word, and he tells us exactly when he created the universe. In the Begining
Before you go "the book aint credible". You yourself opened a thread on how the Bible innoculates itself against 21st century reasoning.
But you were too shallow to try to analyse how primitive minds could compete with "enlightened" minds.
God is not an idea, neither is he human. I know its hard for you to grasp due to your stubborness. But try not to think of it as a human-human relationship, try not to create a powerless god in your head.

Which word, you have the words of some men who said wrote down things and ascribed to some God idea they invented and you are regurgitating it as if it were true or factual. What knowledge about the universe and its creation can be gotten from the bible, a book that says the earth was created before the sun and the stars, a book that claims that the universe was created in 7 days and that women started experiencing labor pains because some mythical woman eat some fruit after being deceived by a talking serpent. What kind of knowledge is this? Mythical knowledge but not scientific knowledge that can be testable and falsified
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
@ Dalaman A patient was talking with a Doctor and he said, "I don't know what is causing my headache neither do you."

That you don't have an information and that you don't believe anyone else can have it doesn't mean nobody else has it.

Well, to your credit, you've admitted you don't know what is responsible for life. Permit to ask you another question:

Science says,

• Everything moves in a state of rest or uniform motion until an external force is applied to it. What was the external force that created nature and random movement of particles in matter?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism / Children Church Bombed By Boko Hara,m!!! / Does Polytheism Enable Equality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.