Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit (3435 Views)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by keenn: 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Thanks for your response Keenn.
My question, however, is " Is he JUST a complex interaction of chemicals?" and "What is life?"
When the brain stem is dead, you may be aware, other reflexes controlled by the spinal cord may still be functioning. Science says the person is dead but millions of cells are still alive and functioning. So what is life? Where does it come from?

I'll repeat myself again, he his a complex interactions of chemivals.

Life is the awareness of self, through the functioning of the higher centers,specifically the cerebrum...and this can be determined by presence of wave pattern on the encephalogram.

anything deviating from this has no live, even when reflexes are intact.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
How can you be so ruthless in lies. Give instances where God directly addressed people, and how it dosent happen nowadays.
How could you be so confident in unintelligence, God came from heaven and went to war with peopleundecided
God still perform signs and wonders till date, man still marvels at the wonders of creation. Dont turn blind eyes willingly.
Saying that man has different gods is not new, its been like that since the days of the Bible.

I am busy at the moment, I don't have the time to dig them up, but I will drop all the bible verses that talk about God addressing the people of Israel through public speech, they were so afraid of his voice because it wasn't so clear and they beg Moses to intercede on their behalf. A similar story can be found in the book of Joshua where God addressed the people of Israel. As for God fighting along side the people of Israel it is there in the book of Joshua and Jeremiah. I will find the relevant verses and drop them.

Its something to be born into religion, its another thing to find out the truth. If i was born into poverty, ill try as much as possible to become rich. Do you willingly stay in poverty just because its where you were bornundecided. Why do you try to succeed in life if you werent born into success.undecided You have no point on this.

What nonsense are you talking about? Many people all over the world try their best to run out of poverty but still keep their religion, have you ever seen any body running out of poverty and discarding his/her religion? There is nothing like truth when it comes to religion because all religions are equally valid or invalid, there is no truth in one religion alone, all are either valid or invalid. Your religion is not the truth, a muslim or a hindu will tell you that his/her religion is the truth. If you were born into a muslim family in Katsina state, Allah and the Koran will be what you will be advocating and promoting as the only truth. You are a christian only because you were born into the religion and indoctrinated with it right from childhood.

You sound so sure, you are demonstrating infinite knowledge. You need to provide compeling evidence to compensate this your sure knowledge.

God is a man made idea that is why there are many different Gods each created according to cultural needs of a group of people within a certain period in time.

Dunno what you mean man cos i dont believe in religion but truth.

Which truth? The one you were indoctrinated with right? You know no truth. You have only been indoctrinated to believe that you do, just the way a muslim will happily declare the same.

Wow...You have looked deep into the minds of many people, and you have drawn a conclusion from what they think. You probably have supernatural powers. opps!! sorry... You dont believe in the supernatural.

Do Catholics and the Pentecostal word of faith denomination share the same beliefs about God even though they belong to the same Christian religion?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:
@ Dalaman A patient was talking with a Doctor and he said, "I don't know what is causing my headache neither do you."

That you don't have an information and that you don't believe anyone else can have it doesn't mean nobody else has it. You are on your own.

Can you prove God's existence to me?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Weah96: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So Weah96 , can you explain using logic and science why how 1000 naira notes could change to 100 naira notes inside a drawer

What are you talking about? People have provided accounts of genital disappearances in the past. Women have confessed to flying brooms and eating children in midair. Iyke Uzorma has visited star systems in and out of the Milky Way. There is no shortage of testimonies or accounts.

Notice how they all have one thing in common, the fact that only one observer is present. No one ever catches a witch suspended in mid air eating a child. Not even another witch with a plate full of human child suya herself.
Do you have the link to the thread? I need to gather the information about the disappearing Naira notes.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
keenn:

I'll repeat myself again, he his a complex interactions of chemivals.

Life is the awareness of self, through the functioning of the higher centers,specifically the cerebrum...and this can be determined by presence of wave pattern on the encephalogram.

anything deviating from this has no live, even when reflexes are intact.

Humans have complex interaction of chemicals as their 'houses'. We are more than that.
Plants don't have self-awareness but they have life.
There will be no reflexes when all cells have lost life. You will see that in the morgue. So brain stem death is not lose of life, it is just part of a process we call death. Moreover humans may lose self awareness and still have functioning brain stem.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by frank317: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Humans have complex interaction of chemicals as their 'houses'. We are more than that.
Plants don't have self-awareness but they have life.
There will be no reflexes when all cells have lost life. You will see that in the morgue. So brain stem death is not lose of life, it is just part of a process we call death. Moreover humans may lose self awareness and still have functioning brain stem.

Does a dog or cat have awareness? Can you tell? If you can how did you know

If humans have lost awareness with functional brain, ti what extent can you say the brain is functional. Are you ignorant of the face that specific areas of the brain has specific functions?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
frank317:

Does a dog or cat have awareness? Can you tell? If you can how did you know

If humans have lost awareness with functional brain, ti what extent can you say the brain is functional. Are you ignorant of the fact that specific areas of the brain has specific functions?

No I'm not. You stepped into a conversation you didn't quite understand.
By the way, don't get emotional. Just let's keep the discussion on.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is nothing logical in asserting that life has no creator and ...

I was on the magic money thread and people narrated their experiences in the hands of the fraudulent magicians . I expected an atheist to explain the science of 1000 notes "mysteriously" changing to 10 or 100 naira notes after a period of time . So disappointed that no one showed up sad to explain how different people across different cities experienced the same kind of fraud and there was nothing enigmatic about their experiences .

Apparently , the atheists turn a blind eye to anything that beats their dumb logic .

So Weah96 , can you explain using logic and science why how 1000 naira notes could change to 100 naira notes inside a drawer

1000 naira note changing to 100 naira note involves simple magic tricks. Google Richard Angle, Darren Brown and David Copperfield. They are the greatest magician alive. They perform magic tricks no pastor or babalawo can ever perform. They have all said there there is nothing like supernatural power any where . They have challanged any body with supernatural abilities to come forward. All of them are atheist. James Randi is another world renowned magician who has dropped a million dollars for any body that can demonstrate the supernatural in action under controlled environment. Many people with so called supernatural abilities went and failed. The money is yet to be won. You just sit there in some remote part of Nigeria thinking you know or have experienced anything. You are a funny fellow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by frank317: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

No I'm not. You stepped into a conversation you didn't quite understand.
By the way, don't get emotional. Just let's keep the discussion on.

whats emotional here? u christians just get mad over nothing.

let me rephrase the bold so that u can there is no reason to think i meant to insult u...

are you not aware that specific areas of the brain have specific functions. Do u now get it?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
frank317:

whats emotional here? u christians just get mad over nothing.

let me rephrase the bold so that u can there is no reason to think i meant to insult u...

are you not aware that specific areas of the brain have specific functions. Do u now get it?

U are amazing. I was not angry, just telling you not to. And I think I already gave my reply.

By the way, the " you Christian" stuff is not appropriate. Try not to generalize.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2015
dalaman:

1000 naira note changing to 100 naira note involves simple magic tricks. Google Richard Angle, Darren Brown and David Copperfield. They are the greatest magician alive. They perform tricks no pastor or babalawo can ever perform. They both say there there is nothing like supernatural power any where and all of them are atheist. James Randi is another world renowned magician who has dropped a million dollars for any body that can demonstrate the supernatural in action under controlled environment. Many people with so called supernatural abilities went and failed. The money is yet to be won. You just sit there in some remote part of Nigeria thinking you know or have experience anything. You are a funny fellow.

You amaze me.

Well, Pastors don't perform tricks and they don't control when miracles happen.

To speak intelligently with people of other faith you need to humbly listen to them and understand them even if you don't agree with them. Christianity is a different form of science(yes, science) that has its pattern of operation and know how. If you know and follow the principles, you will get the results.

You believe in magic, can you perform one? Does that mean magics don't exist if you can't? Now, you don't believe in miracles so all the ones people talk about are not true just because you refuse to believe it. Your type of atheism is very unscientific and inconsistent with what you say. Your faith is based on unprovable stuffs yet you want us to believe that logic explains everything.

I opened this thread just to let people of your persuasion to know that it is wrong to make it look like everything in life has to be logical and explainable to be true. You only talk like that when it comes to religious discussions but several times here you have displayed how humans tend to believe stuffs even when they can't explain it. In ability to logically explain something doesn't make it wrong or right. It can be either. Period.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

You amaze me.

Well, Pastors don't perform tricks and they don't control when miracles happen.

Pastors all perform tricks to deceive the gullible. No pastor has any supernatural power anywhere, they just stage manage their shows or trick people into believing they were healed, no clear cut healing miracle has ever been recorded all of them are questionable, no amputee has ever has his/her amputated limbs restored through any pastor, no pastor has ever healed any baby that is suffering from down syndrome. When there was the Ebola outbreak no pastor dared to go near any Ebola patient and lay hands on him/her. Clear cut miracles do not happen.

To speak intelligently with people of other faith you need to humbly listen to them and understand them even if you don't agree with them. Christianity is a different form of science(yes, science) that has its pattern of operation and know how. If you know and follow the principles, you will get the results.

Christianiy is not a form of science because it is not testable, it's assertions can not be repeated, tested and demonstrated to be true, through any form of experiment. Christianity is a faith based system of belief.

You believe in magic, can you perform one? Does that mean magics don't exist if you can't? Now, you don't believe in miracles so all the ones people talk about are not true just because you refuse to believe it. Your type of atheism is very unscientific and inconsistent with what you say. Your faith is based on unprovable stuffs yet you want us to believe that logic explains everything.

I believe in magic and I have seen great magicians like James Randi explain the tricks they employ and how it works. They have demonstrated it in the open, there are countless videos on Youtube explaining how magicians use tricks to do all sought of magic. I have never seen any pastor explain how his miracles work, and I have never seen any pastor perform any clear cut miracle. many pastors have been exposed as fakes because all they do is lie and stage manage their so called miracles. No miracle claim is real that is why no pastor can heal any amputee and restore their amputated limbs back.

I opened this thread just to let people of your persuasion to know that it is wrong to make it look like everything in life has to be logical and explainable to be true. You only talk like that when it comes to religious discussions but several times here you have displayed how humans tend to believe stuffs even when they can't explain it. In ability to logically explain something doesn't make it wrong or right. It can be either. Period.

Religion has no evidence for most of it's assertions, because the assertions are mostly the mythologies and fictions of the ancient people that founded the religions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
I hope there are no Christians here trying to convince atheists to believe in God through logic? That type logic only works when faith is in place. I didn't open this thread for that.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
dalaman:

1000 naira note changing to 100 naira note involves simple magic tricks. Google Richard Angle, Darren Brown and David Copperfield. They are the greatest magician alive. They perform magic tricks no pastor or babalawo can ever perform. They have all said there there is nothing like supernatural power any where . They have challanged any body with supernatural abilities to come forward. All of them are atheist. James Randi is another world renowned magician who has dropped a million dollars for any body that can demonstrate the supernatural in action under controlled environment. Many people with so called supernatural abilities went and failed. The money is yet to be won. You just sit there in some remote part of Nigeria thinking you know or have experienced anything. You are a funny fellow.

ok
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 1:09am On Dec 05, 2015
dalaman:

Pastors all perform tricks to deceive the gullible. No pastor has any supernatural power anywhere, they just stage manage their shows or trick people into believing they were healed, no clear cut healing miracle has ever been recorded all of them are questionable, no amputee has ever has his/her amputated limbs restored through any pastor, no pastor has ever healed any baby that is suffering from down syndrome. When there was the Ebola outbreak no pastor dared to go near any Ebola patient and lay hands on him/her. Clear cut miracles do not happen.

Christianiy is not a form of science because it is not testable, it's assertions can not be repeated, tested and demonstrated to be true, through any form of experiment. Christianity is a faith based system of belief.

I believe in magic and I have seen great magicians like James Randi explain the tricks they employ and how it works. They have demonstrated it in the open, there are countless videos on Youtube explaining how magicians use tricks to do all sought of magic. I have never seen any pastor explain how his miracles work, and I have never seen any pastor perform any clear cut miracle. many pastors have been exposed as fakes because all they do is lie and stage manage their so called miracles. No miracle claim is real that is why no pastor can heal any amputee and restore their amputated limbs back.

Religion has no evidence for most of it's assertions, because the assertions are mostly the mythologies and fictions of the ancient people that founded the religions.

The head of your ostrich is still buried in the sand, how will you see the evidences all around and in you of the existence of God.

You see the world the way you want to see it and not the way it is. I became a Christian by a miracle and no one can become a Christian without this miracle. (Going to church regularly doesn't make one a Christian.) I have seen breast lump disappear in a medically impossible way, I have witnessed other miracles of healings, provision and answered prayers. And when I said " I have seen" and " I have witnessed" I'm talking about what God did through me and what He did in my own life. God has also shown me things that later happened the way He showed me. These things happen to Christians not necessarily Pastors.

Miracles happen everyday-- at least you can hear about some on Turning Point, the Supernatural and other Christian TV shows. Don't just sit down there and be trying to convince yourself that truth is not true. You are on your own.

My last words to you will be... check my signature.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by pesty100(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

God claims can be substantiated God's way. Lack of capacity to substantiate God claims man's way is a proof of limitation for man. Even atheists can talk to God and ask Him to reveal Himself if He truly exists. There is no harm in talking to someone you are not sure exists so far His existence means He can hear you. But to hold on to uncertainty and not try at all is also being closed-minded.
if atheists can talk to god why ask him to reveal himself since they can talk to him. And also what if you have tried and you heard nothing?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by pesty100(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

The error of many atheists is that they pretend not to know that theists are not just religious people. They are surgeons, astronauts, engineers, biologists etc. Atheists seems not to get the message that atheism is not synonymous to science.

When you decide that only one part of your brain is useful in certain discussions, then you should know that such pattern of thinking is strange. Normal humans don't just think logically but that's the kind of thinking atheists like to make conclusions about God on. The day atheists wake up from this slumber they may begin to understand what theists have been telling them all along.
humans might not think logically at all time but the when the time comes for us to want a thorough understanding of our universe. Our best bet is to think logically. Thinking logically brought us here, thinking a little bit more logically won't do any harm.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
pesty100:
if atheists can talk to god why ask him to reveal himself since they can talk to him. And also what if you have tried and you heard nothing?

If a man can talk to his neighbour, why ask him to open the door since he can talk to him? That is even between people who can see each other. People also, shout "Anyone in here?!" When not sure. If they don't hear a response, it doesn't mean nobody is in, it may just mean the person PREFERS to show up than talk back.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by pesty100(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

If a man can talk to his neighbour, why ask him to open the door since he can talk to him? That is even between people who can see each other. People also, shout "Anyone in here?!" When not sure. If they don't hear a response, it doesn't mean nobody is in, it may just mean the person PREFERS to show up than talk back.
or it plainly means nobody is inside. We will say nobody is inside the house until the moment someone shows up.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by PMIcon(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
pesty100:
or it plainly means nobody is inside. We will say nobody is inside the house until the moment someone shows up.

Speak for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Haven't Received Injection In 51 Years, I Can Never Take Any Vaccine- Oyedepo / Do You Find The Existence Of God Threatening? / How A Believer Can Kill The Flesh Because The Flesh Can Make A Christian Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.