Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread (35583 Views)

2 Titles Ranking For The Confederations Cup? / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
Aw, guard of honor from the Yanks. Sweet of 'em. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by jidobaba(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
@savanah, have u been possessed by ghouls from gristly tombs?!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Grizzly(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
Wait o!
Did Lucio get newly born again or what?!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2009
Lovely fireworks.

Lucio promised to get born again if Brazil won. . .they did, and he is now. grin The prayer session after the game was conversion time for all those interested. grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2009
@Crizzle, yep the US were impressive.

A very good tourney hosted by SA. Also very impressive.
Brazil 2010 Confed Cup winners. Congrats.

And now Almost 2 months of no footie on TV. how bad can that be?

Goodnight good people.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2009
FBS:

Almost 2 months of no footie on TV. how bad can that be?

Goodnight good people.

Horrible I tell ya. sad It's a depressing thought.
G'nite dearie.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Emperoh(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
Waoh!!! how did they survive that scare?

Big ups to the Samba boys They really worked for it!!!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
FBS:

Almost 2 months of no footie on TV. how bad can that be?

Goodnight good people.

Nite dude. . . . .We carry on tmor on the Under-21 thread! wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by FBS: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nite dude. . . . .We carry on tmor on the Under-21 thread! wink
Ok dude. Catch ya 2morow. wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2009
na wa angry angry

Brazil nor dey tire to win everything undecided angry

USA sef grin grin grin.

Bob Bradley na baldie and he reminds me of one manager, who will only make changes when he knows he cant win again angry

COnfed over what next to watch?

Brashy's fit, hemp's smoking, FBS's wandering, Criz's speech sad

Tom and jerry go keep me company sad
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RuuDie(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
I feel so bad for the yanks - how i wish the fairy tale story had ended better than this. . . . .  they were an absolute inspiration for all under-dogs. The bite, the fight, the grit and sheer moments of brilliance they produced is a model for all the "lesser" teams!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by larayat(f): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
intrestin match, n superb goals
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
Mukinatrix
You dey craze? cheesy
Who get fit? angry angry
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RuuDie(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2009
I personally feel Landon Donovan should'a been the tournament's MVP. . . . .  he had a great tourney - the guy was everywhere in all the matches and his technical ability is top-notch and quite skilful too!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
LUCIOOOOOO

What more can I say? I dont expect less from a Munich player
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2009
dayokanu:

LUCIOOOOOO
What more can I say? I dont expect less from a Munich player

DK stop tripping. . . .Lucio scored? So what! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by mukina2: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
Oh Dear . . sad when Lucio scored . Dayo came to my mind grin we will hear this for months to come grin grin

Luudie
i think so too, iwonder why they Kaka sef, Fifa and their politics angry

crashy
na you tongue tongue
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by chamotex(m): 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

DK stop tripping. . . .Lucio scored? So what! grin

It's just like me celebrating cos Rooney scored a brace against Azerbaijan . . .
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
Chamo and Mukii
Nor mind Dayo. . . . Hyperventilating and convulsing because Lucio popped up with a goal! grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2009
It's just like me celebrating cos Rooney scored a brace against Azerbaijan . . .

Jeezus Christ. Rooney scored against Azerbaijan?? Compared to someone leading his team to confederations cup win?

Tell me where the Gayyners, Scums and Chavs were in this tourney.

The Gayyner captain ensured his team got eliminated. Fabregas and Arsenal are jinxed.

The captain of the Biggest football nation is a Bayern Player grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by A40(m): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2009
Cristalz:

Lovely fireworks.

Lucio promised to get born again if Brazil won. . .they did, and he is now. grin The prayer session after the game was conversion time for all those interested. grin
Maybe the other Brazilians but Lucio has been a strong Christian for a while now at least since Korea/Japan and his days at Leverkussen
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by chamotex(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2009
A-40:

Maybe the other Brazilians but Lucio has been a strong Christian for a while now at least since Korea/Japan and his days at Leverkussen

True!
Lucio n Kaka
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2009
A40,

Dont mind these newbies.

When Lucio scored in the CL finals in 2002 he lifted his shirts to show Something like
"Thank You Jesus"

After the Japan Korea 2002 triumph, before the trophy presentation, Lucio, Marcos, Kaka and some guys had a mini crusade on the pitch. Kaka was an unknown benchwarmer at this time.

Lucio has always been a devout Christian and exemplary figure unlike weed takers- Gallas, Rascals like Drogba, and Divers like Gerrard and Prostitute chasing gays like CR7

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Jarus(m): 11:29pm On Jun 28, 2009
Methink Kaka is d MVP of ds tournament. Impressive showing from d Obama boiz. Most Brazil players r born-again Christians,excluding Ronnie and a couple of odas. Kaka, Lucio av always professed born-againism.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by Jarus(m): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
rotlmao @ dk's sweeping of epl players.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by biina: 1:25am On Jun 29, 2009
Actually most brazillians players are catholics but few of them are saints.
The likes of Kaka (often the caucasian looking ones) grow up in the middle class neighborhoods and are usally the model citizens, while the likes of Robinho (the dark skinned) grew up in the low income areas and are often the bad boys.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by biina: 1:36am On Jun 29, 2009
Nice game fro the US boys. They still lack the individual player that can single handedly turn the game for them, but have improved a lot in their technical approach to the game.

Dunga has developed a balanced system for brazil (unlike in 2006 when either of Ronaldo or Adriano shoul have been dropped for a midfielder), but the fact that the team seem to be built for counter attacking is always evident when they go behind, as they struggle to break the opponent down.

I feel their best lineup is that which finished the game i.e with Alves as a make shift left back, and Elano as RM. They need more consistent players in those two slots but I feel they should have at least one of Alves or Elano in the starting lineup cos of their set piece abilities.

Ramirez and Santos are far from Worldcup 11 material IMO, and would really need to improve before then. Luisao was also not too impressive, though he seemed to get better as the game progressed.

I have never been a fan of Fabiano as a top striker, but his performance in this tournament is giving me second thoughts.

It was a shame that we didnt get to see Brazil v Spain, but still a great tournament.
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 9:13am On Jun 29, 2009
To all my naija peeps thank you,you made this tourney even more interesting and enjoyable for me,I know deep down you where all supporting RSA grin.

I think one thing I take from this tourney is that none of you have ever complained about the organisation,infrustructures which shows how ready SA is for 2010.I hope you're all proud of SA and Afrika.

And also Bafana didn't dissapoint me grin,they competted well against the world best teams,you could see that this team is improving and will make SA proud next year.I never doubted our talents but our will to win has always been our downfall,hope we will continue improving.

To all my peeps big up and lets continue making Afrika proud,we owe it to her.

Peace!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by aieromon(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2009
@RSA
Thanks for makin' this a memorable tournament.
Wish you more success in hosting of WC 2010.
And yeah,the vuvuzhela stays!
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by khanye(m): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2009

Up Brazil
fuc.k Haterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cheesy grin wink
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by RSA(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2009
Two from Bafana in final XI
Posted: 2009-06-29 14:30

Tsepo Masilela and Siboniso Gaxa have been rewarded for their excellent performances at the Confederations Cup by making it into the Castrol Index starting XI.

The two fullbacks played prominent roles in Bafana Bafana’s charge to the semifinals, where they narrowly lost to eventual champions Brazil.

Masilela, of Maccabi Haifa in Israel, finished seventh on the Castrol Index with an average rating of 8.44, while Mamelodi Sundowns’ Siboniso Gaxa was ninth on 8.24.

Ironically, it was another defender who finished top of the ratings with 9.13, Brazil captain Lucio, who scored the winner in the Final against the USA in his fourth Confederations Cup finals appearance. Kaká had led the standings going into the Final, but was penalised from some slack defending, including his failure to track Landon Donovan’s run at USA’s second goal.

The result was that he was overtaken by both Lucio and US star Clint Dempsey, who netted the first goal in the Final.

Not surprisingly, the list is made up of five Brazilians, while only one Spaniard, David Villa, made his way into the starting XI. Tim Howard, the American goalkeeper who proved so vital to their run to the Final, does not make the starting XI, having conceded the most goals in the tournament. Instead, his place is taken by Iraq’s Mohamed Kassid, who conceded only one goal in three matches.

Castrol Index starting XI: Mohamed Kassid (8.00 rating) – Siboniso Gaxa (8.24), Lucio (9.13), Andre Santos (8.70), Tsepo Masilela (8.44) – Clint Dempsey (9.01), Felipe Melo (8.23), Kaká (8.89), Michael Bradley (7.65) – David Villa (8.76), Luis Fabiano (8.70)

INSIGHTS BY CASTROL
For more winning insights go to castrolfootball.com
Re: FIFA Confederations Cup: South Africa '09 Official Thread by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2009
still lost grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply)

Leicester City Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 19th January 2021 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.