Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,881 members, 7,841,306 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels (816 Views)

Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / Niger Delta Officially Disassociates Themselves From Biafra / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by dotcomnamename: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
he Niger State Chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo has disassociated itself from the ongoing agitation in some parts of Nigeria for the actualisation of Biafra nation.

They claimed to be leaving peacefully with their host communities in the state.

The association made their stand known in Minna during visit to the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigerian Union of journalists (NUJ) Niger State. They were led by the President of the State’s chapter, Mr Ezeugo Emmanuel, who stated that Igbos were peace loving people and must be appreciated.

Mr Emmanuel further revealed that his people would continue to be friendly and leave in peace with other tribes in the nation.

The President urged the Federal Government to avoid the use of force on the agitators, maintaining that through dialogue, the issue could be resolved amicably. He pleaded for sustainable peace in Nigeria.

He intimated that the chapter had concluded plans to organise its 2015 summit in Suleja on December 12, 2015, with the theme: Udo’s Organiru Na Ako N’ Uche (Peace, Progress and Tact), under the chairmanship of Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyawu, and a host of other prominent Nigerians.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/02/igbo-group-in-niger-state-disassociates-self-from-pro-biafra-protest/
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by immortalcrown(m): 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
The fear of northerners is the begining of compromise.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by madridguy(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
better people.
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by gists: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
I have said before and I will repeat it here
There are countless sensible well-meaning Igbos out there!
I have dealing with many of them on a daily basis
Forget the jobless IPOB miscreants

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
It is allowed you can be Nigeria others are Biafrans what's the big deal?
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by babyfaceafrica: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
some people wont just listen!!!!
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by wordcat(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
My dear Igbos in the North, preaching one nigeria will not stop the namas you're living with from killing u when the die is cast because the word reasoning does not exist in their dictionary.

Free Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by misterawo: 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
You cannot defeat an idea whose time has come. You defeat idea with a better idea. Till then, there won't be any realistic chance of stopping the Biafra movement. I guess Buhari is not so daft to understand that. Killing of 1 million people 45 yrs ago could not bury the idea. Maybe Buhari thinks that genocide can. Those Lagos-Ibadan press cheering him to use arm to subdue the protesters will be the first to abandon him when he's placed at Hague after many years of protracted civil war. Government should handle this with care.
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by Kevinpizzy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Peace is the key to prograss, this is d kind Association we want, protest can never give peace it can rather worsn d mata
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
I have never seen that man either with crown or walking forming igwe unlike those in the southwest.
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by Chubhie: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Where's PMB to address the nation? Southy babes on Bubu's mind.
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by badnature: 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
that's will still not make them safe from the hand of boko haram
Re: Igbo Group In Niger State Disassociates Self From Pro-biafra Protest - Channels by dialfa: 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
Me too, I want to leave in peace.

(1) (Reply)

The Nation Newspaper And The Rots In Nigerian Journalism / Premium Times- How Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Illegally Diverted Abacha Loot To NSA / Goodluck Jonathan Visits The Presidential Precinct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.