Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. (983 Views)

Supporters Of Atiku Abubakar & Kwankwaso Clash In Jada, Adamawa (Photos) / Tribunal Victory: Yahaya Bello Rejoices With Wife And Supporters / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by makizee(m): 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
The death today of this beautiful lady https://www.nairaland.com/2776547/blood-sister-killed-today-biafra sister to a popular Nairalander today Viviangist has prompted me to finally put my thoughts into writing about this increasingly violent agitation of some igbos for the succession of their region to form what they believe will become their Eldorado, How Naïve ?
I say to the rest of Nigeria, who are we to deny a people their right to self-determination, it is a basic human right and the fact still remains that Nigeria as presently constituted is a faulty contraption. So for whatever reason they believe they would have it better being a separate entity, They have a right to it…Absolutely. But the way and manner these youths are going about it shows their limited intellect, Your right to protest should not deny others the right of movement as witnessed at the Onitsha bridge yesterday, The Police would have being within the ambits of the law if they had applied force to remove yesterday’s protesters. Also, These IPOB youths seems to be making these protest about one man, you do not make such a struggle about one man an undeserving one at that, so what if he is released today, will that be the end of it all. Mandela and fellow black Africans didn’t make the struggle against apartheid about themselves, Ghandi didn’t make the struggle against Imperial Britain about himself and for a man that has called for violence against his fellow citizens, brazenly calling out to igbos to kill Non- Igbos in their Land, stupidly ignoring the repercussions of such action (Check Youtube for videos and other hate Speeches)..I can boldly say here that he deserves his present predicament; some sense needs to be put into him
But Still I say if The Igbos wants to leave Nigeria, so be it but permit me to suggest more viable and sensible ways to go about it
1 Igbos must be united in their cause: Try to convince your fellow Igbos especially Those that proudly consider themselves Nigerians and live outside Igboland to join in the cause because these ones will sabotage whatever efforts the others makes, You cannot spoil their business. Maybe an Initial referendum with all Ndigbos partaking to show if In Fact it is what 99% of Igbos want
2 Once Unity of Purpose has been achieved, All Igbos holding Public Office in The Nigerian Federation must resign their post and join in the Struggle which will surely show Nigeria and the rest Of the World that The Igbos ain’t playing, you can’t be crying marginalisation on one hand and at the same time, agitating for a separate country.
3 Move enmasse to Ala Igbo : This reason is for your own safety and common sense, as much as I abhor violence, the reality is that a totally peaceful separation looks unlikely, so an obvious massive movement of Igbos living in Lagos, Kano etc to Ala Igbo will force the Nigerian nation to take note and probably allow a demarcation because obviously, with the disadvantaged position of South Easter region of Nigeria, Biafra will only be if Nigeria agrees to it, So my dear brothers from the land of the rising sun, Let the homecoming or homegoing begin.
4 Civil disobedience instead of threatening Violence: apart from that you are more likely to win international and even national sympathy this way, Threatening Violence have repercussions, one of which is loss of life, Folks that have witnessed war would never want to go through such ever again. Disobey the Nigerian Constitution; Boycott all Nigerian civil and social activities, October 1, May 29, All National Teams, The Nigeria Premier League, refuse to represent Nigeria at international tournaments and I can bet you, Nigeria and the world will take you more seriously
I must add here I believe that what this Nation needs is a realignment of our federation, True and Fiscal Federalism is what will catapult Nigeria into a Nation every Blackman can be proud of and reduce the mutual suspicion every other tribe has for the next, Our Population is an advantage that can be used to develop our economy, There is no guarantee that if Biafra, Odua republic or Niger Delta become a country, all the problems of their citizens will disappear, in some cases, it could even become worse (See South Sudan).
Long live the people of Present day Nigerians irrespective of their country tomorrow!

1 Like

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by swindo1(m): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
Igbo people ask for Biafra, Nigeria refused and said the country must be one. Danish man draws cartoon of Mohammed in faraway Denmark, you people go around killing Igbos and destroying their properties in the North. Philips Emegwali invents a super-fast computer, you say a "Nigerian" invents. Igbo student in diaspora makes good grades, you say a "Nigerian" graduates top of the class. But Ikechukwu Abia is caught trafficking drugs, you say an "Igbo" man is caught with drugs abroad. Igbo man do his business and prosper, you people say they want to steal your land and rule over you. 90% of oil blocs in the South are owned by Northerners, you people do not say they have stolen someone's land and resources. Igbos ask for the Presidency, you people laugh at them and say "over your dead body." The North has rule Nigeria for over 38years and they keep threatening everyone else that they are being marginalized, and so they start bombing everywhere, you people say let's negotiate with them. Igbos vote for Jonathan, you people say they are myopic and tribalistic. The North and the West voted for Buhari, you people say it is called "change" and democracy. Igbos rally behind Jimi Abaje, you people say they will drown in the lagoon. Ambode won, you people start cursing them. Adamu Ciroma and co said "The North would make this country ungovernable if a Northerner does not become President" and "They'll be no Nigeria if power does not return to the North". You people call them "Elder Statesmen","Party Stalwart", "Northern leader", etc. Nnamdi Kanu says the same thing but you people call him "a slowpoke", "treasonable criminal", "war-monger", "evil" and so on. During the last elections, Radio and TV stations in the North play jihad songs while making anti- GEJ campaigns, say all sorts of things in Hausa, no newspaper headline asked for them to be banned. Of course you people call it politics. Radioactivity Biafra does same, all hell is let loose. You people say they spreading bigotry and dangerous propaganda. Do you people have an IGBOPHOBIA? Of course not! No one will agree. But do you think the Igbos are problems, everyone will raise their hands. But we ask, why don't you let the Igbos separate and go their way, you people give me that terrorist look. Dear landlords, just one question: What do you want the Igbos to do to please you?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by makizee(m): 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
swindo1:
Igbo people ask for Biafra, Nigeria refused and said the country must be
one. Danish man draws cartoon of Mohammed in faraway Denmark, you
people go around killing Igbos and destroying their properties in the
North. Philips Emegwali invents a super-fast computer, you say a
"Nigerian" invents. Igbo student in diaspora makes good grades, you
say a "Nigerian" graduates top of the class. But Ikechukwu Abia is
caught trafficking drugs, you say an "Igbo" man is caught with drugs
abroad. Igbo man do his business and prosper, you people say they
want to steal your land and rule over you. 90% of oil blocs in the South
are owned by Northerners, you people do not say they have stolen
someone's land and resources. Igbos ask for the Presidency, you people
laugh at them and say "over your dead body." The North has rule
Nigeria for over 38years and they keep threatening everyone else that
they are being marginalized, and so they start bombing everywhere, you
people say let's negotiate with them. Igbos vote for Jonathan, you
people say they are myopic and tribalistic. The North and the West
voted for Buhari, you people say it is called "change" and democracy.
Igbos rally behind Jimi Abaje, you people say they will drown in the
lagoon. Ambode won, you people start cursing them. Adamu Ciroma and
co said "The North would make this country ungovernable if a
Northerner does not become President" and "They'll be no Nigeria if
power does not return to the North". You people call them "Elder
Statesmen","Party Stalwart", "Northern leader", etc. Nnamdi Kanu says
the same thing but you people call him "a slowpoke", "treasonable
criminal", "war-monger", "evil" and so on.

Get rid of your victim mentality. It is long overdue
Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Oga you dey talk rubbish...
I stopped reading when I saw Igbo's shouldn't make the protest one man..
Why did you think IPOB are protesting...?
If you donno is BC of their leader and that's the priority.
Other things are additional...
Get your facts right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by BlackTechnology: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Spits on the trash posted by OP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by makizee(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:
Oga you dey talk rubbish...
I stopped reading when I saw Igbo's shouldn't make the protest one man..
Why did you think IPOB are protesting...?
If you donno is BC of their leader and that's the priority.
Other things are additional...
Get your facts right.

Then, you do not know what you want, do you want his release or your Biafra, he could be released and you never get Biafra, he could die in jail and your Biafra becomes a reality.
Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nonsense!
Farts on thread

2 Likes

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
But why are all known mumus always in bed with telling Biafrans how to go about their business?

3 Likes

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
makizee:

Then, you do not know what you want, do you want his release or your Biafra, he could be released and you never get Biafra, he could die in jail and your Biafra becomes a reality.
They want him released that's why they are protesting...
You are the idio.t that doesn't know the reason for the protest.
So now go swerve for corner

1 Like

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by zendy: 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Why do you Nigerians think the Biafran protest is all about Kanu? The main reason for the protest is the desire to be free of the colonial entity called Nigeria. Biafra is much bigger than Kanu. If any form of protest should block a major roadway, it is the job of the police to use crowd control methods to clear the way for motorists and create an exclusion zone for the protesters to continue. That is the job of the police. But because Nigeria is not a civilised country, the police and army decided to shoot unarmed protesters

2 Likes

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by zendy: 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
Definition of a Nigerian:

A Nigerian is a native West African who is a self confessed slave of the British imperialist known as Lord Frederick Lugard and his colonial machination called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: To All IPOB And Supporters Of The Biafran Cause. by makizee(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
For all the needless insult s, shows intellectual deficiencies, you all can make your point without them...the question remains, what if he is released today, will that be the end of your agitation. I will hope not, I am personally indifferent whether you get Biafra or not. but the nuisance you are causing the rest of Nigeria could be better channelled to a productive cause like go about your Niagara agitation in a more sensible manner.

(1) (Reply)

Time To PROBE Stolen $33 Billion / When The West And The North Hear OIL They Shout "One Nigerial" / Before The War Consume Us All-another Civil War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.