Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight (50108 Views)

Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) / This Snake Was Killed This Morning After Spending The Night In Our House / This Man Kills Big Water Python In His House In Lagos At Midnight (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by sunny2k: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2015
dos dt killed d lion in jos

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Priest200(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=matrix199 post=40637874]You all keep killing these snakes unprovoked. Will there be any snake left?

Snakes won't attack a creature much larger than it, unless they are being threaten by the creature.

Preemptive measures:

Cut the bushes around ur building. Ur food waste shld be well disposed in a waste bin and properly shut, so it doesn't draw rodents inhabiting ur building and environ, cos these rodents also draw the snakes out from the bushes. Snakes can perceive rodents miles aw

sir it forestry and wildlife u studied in skul
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Priest200(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2015
sunny2k:
dos dt killed d lion in jos

haba people and una dey hapi..u guy are endangering this animals o.,ur great grand children may only si and know lion in picture..pls let us help the animals in d wild
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by DoubleDee4U(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
Snakes mostly feed at night and enter residential premises to find rats and other small insects to feed on.
It has NO spiritual meaning please. It's not your enemies that sent it. It's their lifestyle to feed at nights etc
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2015
Kizyte:
Na your house be this?
YES angry it is sad
Now what undecided sad
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by acaolly1(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2015
Is your house a shrine angry
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by 900warriorz: 9:31am On Dec 03, 2015
At OP, you bloody gaan ooo! Is wear, you name suppose be ''no joy''. cheesy

you go fear butchering now....see the way you just pieces am like say if you scatter the head alone, e no go die! I fear you ooo! grin
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by babaireti(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2015
matrix199:
You all keep killing these snakes unprovoked. Will there be any snake left?

Snakes won't attack a creature much larger than it, unless they are being threaten by the creature.

Preemptive measures:

Cut the bushes around ur building. Ur food waste shld be well disposed in a waste bin and properly shut, so it doesn't draw rodents inhabiting ur building and environ, cos these rodents also draw the snakes out from the bushes. Snakes can perceive rodents miles away. Rather than kill these snakes with cutlasses, you can use a long 'Y-tipped' stick to pin its head down, drag it inside a thick sack and tie it up.

NB: it doesn't apply to python o! If u see a python, call snake handlers to handle d snake.

The serpent in d book of Genesis has given snakes bad impressions in feeble minds!

So of what benefit is Snake to Man? if I may ask
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Sologlo(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2015
eran to de I SEE MEAT NOT SNAKE
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by opius: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
thank God for ur family
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by opius: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
thank God for ur family
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Sologlo(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2015
eran ti de I SEE MEAT NOT SNAKE
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2015
No his lecture hall lipsrsealed
Kizyte:
Na your house be this?
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by matrix199(m): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2015
Priest200:
sir it forestry and wildlife u studied in sch?

I grew up observing wildlife. I watched loads of documentaries right from when I was 9yrs old hitherto. So let's say I studied wildlife in nature.

Two reasons why snakes crawl closer to man's enclosure: 1)food and 2)warmth. Smaller snakes are attracted to man's vicinity because of the rodents they perceive inhabiting the vicinity. Larger snakes take refuge in man's enclosure like d ceiling, d kitchen, because of the warmth. Snakes are poikilothermic. The bushes and the burrows feel cold at night. They have heat sensors they use to perceive heat signature. Thus, the closer bushes are to our buildings, the closer the range of their heat sensors, and the more tendencies they get to crawl up into our abodes.

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Patented: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2015
OP is a butcher or dreams of being one. Na only once the snake go die na
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by ichommy(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2015
even you Tope grin grin

kaffy4tope:

#He-Goat
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by MrBONE2(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2015
damton:
I know some folks will come here and say "SOUP DON LAND"
Eyum yum Berbecue thing.grin gyarbonka
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by ladychioma: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2015
Ur house needs comprehensive fumigation. Just call on me to do that. Small money.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Luke 10:16

"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you."

Btw, Ain't you eating as it's always the case with you lot

Added into the bible in latter years. Was not a part of the original text.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Acidosis(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2015
LexMacquin:

Bros u use style talk your mind.. grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by matrix199(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2015
babaireti:

So of what benefit is Snake to Man? if I may ask

Cases of death from snake bites is just a fraction of cases of death from lassa fever vectored by R. rattus.

Rats are carriers of virus that cause lassa fever in human from the drinking of contaminated water by rats' droppings. Snakes on the other hand prey on rats. They help curtail their population. That is what we benefit from snakes, biological control of rat population.

Also, snake venom is therapeutic. Their venoms can be used to kill off cancerous cells.

#catch the snake, rather than kill it#
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by ValerianSteel(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2015
You guys should stop this now.Very soon Nigerians will endanger every animal species in this country at the rate animals are butchered daily.
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 03, 2015
dabriggs:

Added into the bible in latter years. Was not a part of the original text.

perhaps I started reading bible in the 'latter years' grin
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Haryohdeji(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2015
SNEAKING
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by justmenoni: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2015
That would be end time soup oooo grin grin

damton:
I know some folks will come here and say "SOUP DON LAND"
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 03, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
perhaps I started reading bible in the 'latter years' grin

Of course we all did. Some of us just have the curiosity and boldness to question.

I am just saying, don't go trampling on serpents. You will get hurt. wink wink wink
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by beyoncausme: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one...
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2015
No be abroad we dey bro. If I see any snake na die e dey... No time
matrix199:
You all keep killing these snakes unprovoked. Will there be any snake left?

Preemptive measures:

Cut the bushes around ur building. Ur food waste shld be well disposed in a waste bin and properly shut, so it doesn't draw rodents inhabiting ur building and environ, cos these rodents also draw the snakes out from the bushes. Snakes can perceive rodents miles away. Rather than kill these snakes with cutlasses, you can use a long 'Y-tipped' stick to pin its head down, drag it inside a thick sack and tie it up.

NB: it doesn't apply to python o! If u see a python, call snake handlers to handle d snake.

The serpent in d book of Genesis has given snakes bad impressions in feeble minds!
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 03, 2015
What is the thing with naira land & snakes now?
Re: See The Snake I Killed In Our House At Midnight by EmekaBlue(m): 10:29am On Dec 03, 2015
lol..u over kill d snake o..u fear snake.. no b small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Contributes More To The Society: Doctors Or Teachers??? / A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) / Nairaland Is Back!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.