Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH (29938 Views)

FG Spends N5bn On Presidential Fleet In 15 Months / Hypocrisy Alert: Has Buhari Cut His 1.7bn Feeding Allowance? / Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by jamex93(m): 9:37am On Dec 18, 2015
na Baba b dat
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by saintkel(m): 9:37am On Dec 18, 2015
Is it true d President wants 3month as leave?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2015
FLY ARIK to any where you want to fly 2

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Akosxxx(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2015
God bless mr president
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Crieff(m): 9:39am On Dec 18, 2015
BushidoBlue:

I'm sure you didn't read the post.

He has spent more in 6months than GEJ spent in 2 years.

Alaye, you can lie.....
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by anonimi: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2015
saintkel:
Is it true d President wants 3month as leave?

He needs rest na wink

anonimi:
Oyegun, El-Rufai and Lai step in as Buhari fails to show up at London meeting again
Wednesday, 25 February 2015

ALL Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari disappointed thousands of his UK supporters again yesterday by failing to show up for an interactive session organised in southeast London. This is the second time within a week that General Buhari has failed to show up at meetings organised in London and it is certain to fuel talk about the state of his health and whether he is in the UK for medical reasons.

To ameliorate the effect of his absence yesterday, party chairman Chief John Oyegun, publicity secretary Alhaji Lai Mohammed and Kaduna State gubernatorial candidate Mallam Nasir El-Rufai stepped in to address the party faithful. Hosted by Nigerian evangelical church Everlasting Arms Ministries on Old Kent Road in south London, yesterday's interactive session offered members of the APC's UK chapter the opportunity to ask their leaders several questions. Thousands had thronged to the venue hoping to see General Buhari himself was Chief Oyegun apologised for his absence saying the general was tied up elsewhere.

Last Saturday, General Buhari similarly failed to attend an interactive session held in central London and his wife Hajiya Aisha Buhari had to stand in for him alongside Mrs Dolapo Osibanjo. Despite being in the UK for almost a week now, General Buhari has not been seen in public or addressed any meetings, prompting speculation that he is here on a health visit or simply to rest from the traumas of the recent election campaign.

Chief Oyegun said, however, that General Buhari is in good health and will be available on Thursday when he is billed to speak at Chatham House. He added that the general is in the UK to take his message outside Nigeria and intimate the international community about his plans for the country. Mallam El-Rufai added: "What Nigeria is going through at the moment is similar to what South Africa faced at the end of apartheid and what China faced after the death of Mao Tse Tung. When nations go through that, they need an older leader who can calm things down and I think General Buhari will do this for Nigeria. "He is one of the few people who can guarantee that not a penny will go missing under his watch and also has the maturity to deal with the problems he will inherit. A younger leader would probably lock up all the Jonathanians but an older man will handle it with maturity and Buhari as we all know is not a vengeful man who will want to settle scores with anybody."

Alhaji Mohammed added that the APC is the only party that can address Nigeria's plethora of socio-economic woes as it conducted a national survey before drawing up its manifesto. He added that this survey showed that three in one Nigerians saw unemployment as the main problem facing the country, while 54% of Nigerians were worried about corruption and 52% wanted security addressed. Outlining a series of policy initiatives, Alhaji Mohammed and Chief Oyegun talked about what the party would do to revive agriculture, ensure stable power supply, diversify the economy, reduce corruption, combat insecurity and address housing shortages. After the party leaders spoke, members asked questions which were addressed by the trio. One party member who had hoped to see General Buhari in person said he was disappointed that the general did not show but having party leaders step in ameliorated the effects a little. He added that he looked forward to Thursday when General Buhari will be at Chatham House, so he could put some questions to the party's presidential candidate. "It was disappointing not to see our general today but it helped that the party leaders stepped in and answered some of the questions we wanted to put to him.

At least this is a vast improvement from Saturday when hundreds of party members turned up in central London and many of them were not even allowed in to what became a first ladies exclusive jamboree. "I had to wait outside and when I went to the organiser Austin Ogaga Amaechi to be let in, he was rude, uncouth, arrogant, condescending, and vulgar and acted in a manner similar to a thug. This time around though, we got to see the party leaders and I look forward to meeting General Buhari on Thursday." Alhaji Mohammed pointed out that Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) planned to hold a demonstration outside Chatham House when General Buhari appears there, so the APC will be ready with its own placards. Chief Oyegun called on party members to be vigilant as the PDP will be looking to postpone the elections again further, pointing out that it intended to bribe members of the National Assembly to extend the postponement for six months.

- See more at: http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/6455-oyegun-el-rufai-and-lai-step-in-as-buhari-fails-to-show-up-at-london-meeting-again#sthash.4l203daD.ypt2MPOo.dpuf
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by saintkel(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2015
BushidoBlue:

PDP is corrupt, APC r saints
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by 989900: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2015
With oil prices now hovering around $40pb, down from an all-time high of $147pb in 2008, the government that has openly told the world that Nigeria is broke has no business flirting with ostentation.

This article is on point. #walkthetalk

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by anonimi: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2015

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by richidinho(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2015
smart guy

always trying to divert attention
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by greatiyk4u(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Same GEJ dat budgeted 6Billion for PAF in 2015?.....haba mallam
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by texazzpete(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2015
anonimi:
He CANNOT because he loves touring the world in his presidential jets as a child loves his toys grin
Let us forget that he promised he would turn all the jets over to Nigeria Airways when he was campaigning.
Let us forget that, shall we

Did he promise to do that in the first 6 months?

Abi you think he is like your 'hero' that promised to build the 2nd Niger Bridge and fix power during his first term, yet failed at both?
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Sai BUHARI
Sai Baba
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by badmrkt(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2015
the idiot go hear...
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by TedBaker(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2015
Change

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by anonimi: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2015
texazzpete:
Did he promise to do that in the first 6 months?

I assume you do not have comprehension challenges or do you

We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

Please let me know if you have further clarifying questions.
Cheers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by uzolexis(f): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2015
A country of consumers, very wasteful from the top to the bottom, never thinks of tomorrow or future generations. If there is anything I owe my children, it is to make sure they also get the passport of a developed country aside from the Nigerian passport cos a Nigerian passport don't help nobody.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by scachy(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2015
How does that impart on d poor masses life wen dollar is now 280 against d naira , almost two months of fuel scarcity, poor electricity supply, bad roads , Boko Haram terror, Nigeria army vs shiitte clash. Nigeria is fast loosing int'l respect. Economy is in shambles. Smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Lilimax(f): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2015
ademega:
I trust Mr president
Always endeavour to READ before WRITING.

CULTIVATE the habit of patience, so that you will be able to sense danger.
This goes to show that U didn't study this stuff at all

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by kenny1313(m): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2015
Dannyset:
If all other APC Governors can see Nigeria and Nigerians the way the President sees it, Okorocha won't have awarded N600million for Xmas decoration.
And u believe that Okorocha did? SMH
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by MNDY(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2015
Instead, start an earnest program of diversification to agric or whatever!
-
This is what Nigeria is needing now and urgently with the dwindling price of crude oil!
-
Apt period for the diversification clamoured for, for so long! Our dependence on crude oil so far has always been warned against!
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by MrDavidson: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2015
Mr President is more considerate than this, I bet you. He's already promised to convert the Fleet to a national airline and I believe he'll do just that! The committee he set up in this regard have submitted its recommendation to the FG and next year we shall see his action. Unlike Saraki who's bent on buying 10 new cars worth more than N300m to satisfy his penchant for luxury, Buhari chose to continue with the ones GEJ left behind. Now, what do we call that?! God bless Buhari and Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by texazzpete(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2015
anonimi:

Cheers.

You failed to answer my question.
Since the promise time is yet to elapse, why are you here wailing?

Let's not even go into your integrity issues...regurgitating that since discredited figure of approx 6bn spent on the presidential fleet. This was resoundingly dismissed as a false conjecture, but here you are again, propagating it as a fact.

Partisan politics must not make you become dishonest in 2016. Say Amen to this, brother!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2015
Actually it is really wrong the way the presidency is going, it is scary but we all hope when he has done enough globetrotting trying to launder the image of this country, he'll sell some off n see at home. Sometimes it feels as if he's disgusted with the Nigerians around him he just can't stay in Abuja for a day.
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2015
anonimi:

Cheers.

My boss, your punchlines strong oooo...... grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by rbjimoh: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2015
The writer is ludicrously stupid. The question he didn't ask or rather the answer he didn't provide, is " who bought those aircrafts?" certainly not PMB. The 6 billion naira budget was made by GEJ, why blame PMB?
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by dapsonlou(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Daziani have more money in her personal accounts than the Cbn
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by IBBG(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2015
this headline is misleading. I thought the report will be about how he has reduced the number of fleets, but rather is like an appeal or plea from the editor to the presidency to reduce it.
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by TimeManager(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2015
It's Only A Group Of Sane Individuals That Knows That PMB Is A Man Of Esteemable Moderation Admist Glarring Ostentation, Even His Wife Was On A Chartered Flight To Hajj.

The Truth Has Spoken!
Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by anonimi: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2015
dearpreye:
My boss, your punchlines strong oooo...... grin grin grin

He is an old frenemy o jare. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Cut Cost, Discard Presidential Fleet - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm.... Oga buhari, na the dollar make you work on now.. 300 to a dollar is sadonic... Do something before what happened in 1821 happened again ooooo..... Anyone who's willing to know what happened in 1821 should go and meet his or her great great great grandparents to ask or better still SMS 1821 events to 31111 with your mtn sim.

Worldly and end time comment.

cheesycheesy:/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jibrin Pictured Watching Chelsea-Man U Game / James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO / The Wedding Of Emir Sanusi's Niece, Mufida In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.